Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)

Read 15744 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #23: Mar 07, 2018 02:03:02 pm
      The last time I felt this confident we were on an amazing run of form under Brendan and everyone was predicting a Liverpool win.

It was against VG, we were F***ing sh*te in the first half and Mata scored quite early (I think?) then I swear Gerrard came on at half time and got sent off straight away?!

Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #24: Mar 07, 2018 02:35:06 pm
      Still remember when "Doss the Toss" , our esteemed full back scored in a 4-1 win at OT after we had knocked off Madrid days earlier

Substitute Porto for Madrid (Casillas in goal for them that day) and I will take that result again on Saturday

Maureen will park the bus, its a question of when Salah , Bobby & Mane can smash the windows, jump start the engine and carry it away
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #25: Mar 07, 2018 02:43:20 pm
      We're taking you fuckers down.................... ........................ .. Hopefully  :couch:

Haha Keith, yes your taking us fuckers down....to the bridesmaids shop, but we'll be taking you fuckers to the cleaners.

1-3 MIGHTY REDMEN !!

YNWA
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,461 posts | 4588 
      Reply #26: Mar 07, 2018 02:50:10 pm
      Entertaining the United fans not been that easy of late with Mourhino. Plenty will say thats typical of him ( including me ) but still glad he's in charge.................. ..... for now.  :D

Make sure you boys are buckled up Keith... The only thing coming down is your lots pants after we tear your lot a new one ;D

Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,490 posts | 1478 
      Reply #27: Mar 07, 2018 02:55:11 pm
      Just three words 'can't F***ing wait'
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #28: Mar 07, 2018 03:32:03 pm
      Still remember when "Doss the Toss" , our esteemed full back scored in a 4-1 win at OT after we had knocked off Madrid days earlier

Substitute Porto for Madrid (Casillas in goal for them that day) and I will take that result again on Saturday

Maureen will park the bus, its a question of when Salah , Bobby & Mane can smash the windows, jump start the engine and carry it away

This works for me. Of course a clearance from De Gea ricocheting off Ragnar Klavan's arse and rolling inches across the line in the 98th minute for a 1-0 win works for me as well.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #29: Mar 07, 2018 04:03:24 pm
      Karius

TAA
      Lovren
      VVD
      Robbo

Can
      Gini/Milner
      Ox

Lallana
      Ings
      Solanke

You on the gear ?
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #30: Mar 07, 2018 05:11:44 pm
      My my you guys are confident.  ;D The only way is down  :f_whistle:
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #31: Mar 07, 2018 05:13:10 pm
      Can't see this being too exciting unfortunately. Chief boring c**t will park the bus for sure. He only wants a draw. Up to us to break them down. We're in great form and have no reason to be fearful. Not a bit.

It will be interesting to see the set up of both teams and the small little tactical pieces that will try to be exposed.

Pre-Christmas, the tactics from Jose attacking wise could have been for United to try beat Liverpool's press and send long balls up to Lukaku to try dominate TAA/Gomez/Matip/Lovren in the air, and possibly Moreno too as he was playing a lot then.

I think with VVD in there now, it is not such an enticing prospect for United. He is so dominant. he might not win 10/10 balls against Lukaku, that's just not possible, but he will win a lot of them 50/50 duels IMO. The out-ball that United have used against Liverpool a lot recently in these games (Ibra vs Matip & Clyne, Ibra & Fellaini vs TAA & Lovren and finally Lukaku vs Matip & Gomez) I don't think will work as well as it did, especially last year when that ball was on a lot. I know Gomez is not the best at defending back posts headers so ye may try target him (or TAA if he plays) again but VVD will be there to back him up and will not get as much joy at all.

Possibly United will try attack space in behind channels with pace in Martial & Sanchez but Sanchez is not a lad to run into space. He is coming deep for United and turning on the ball and passing it (losing it a lot) but he is not playing on shoulders of defenders whereas Martial can, and possibly Lingard too. Maybe try attack through the middle with Sanchez trying to get joy out of Henderson's lesser ability to be mobile.

On the other hand, we all know Liverpool love to win the ball up high and play havoc too, but I think we are getting better against teams that sit deep against them too. We are gaining more weapons in our arsenal.

Also, whether United play 2 or 3 in midfield, I think Ox will play in order to target Pogba. Mainly this is because he comes into midfield from the right hand side with driving runs. Think he would love to run into the space left by Pogba as he is not disciplined enough. Salah will be on that side too, also making use of that space. There are arguments for each of Milner, Can, Hendo & Ox to start this one but maybe We could start with Milner, Can, Hendo for the first 60. I know it doesn't sound very enticing but having Ox to come onto the pitch to play that role mentioned against a tiring midfield could be a good option. They have only Carrick, Matic, Pogba, McTominay available. Not much legs there

Hopefully Fun Bobby can get around Matic - think that will be a key battle also, probably the main one I think.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #32: Mar 07, 2018 05:20:17 pm
      Usually hate this game just the thought of losing to these makes me want to puke.

We don’t have a great record at OT if I remember the last time was when the chosen one was in charge, time for that to change.

The Front three if given the chance will rip that CB partnership if Lindellof and Smalling a new one.

Midfield will be key as it is so often, I would like to see Ox chosen purely for his ability to pick up the ball from midfield and run at pace, Pogba is not great at defensive duties and Matic is an old man who is only rated so highly because he is at United.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #33: Mar 07, 2018 05:49:28 pm
      If we play as we can we should walk it. Come on Liverpool
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #34: Mar 07, 2018 05:51:07 pm

To me Keith it’s not so much about confidence as ownership. We need to “own” this one.

The way I see it our ceiling is higher but conversely our floor is lower in terms of what we’re capable of.......

Hence my stated belief that this is on us to impose ourselves on your mob and control it.

Takes the officials and Jose out of the equation.

Doesn’t mean we will BUT I believe we CAN and SHOULD.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #35: Mar 07, 2018 05:56:59 pm
      We're taking you fuckers down.................... ........................ .. Hopefully  :couch:
      It will be a close game, United might even score an early goal... then just before the final whistle you'll wake up and realized you fell asleep just before kick off and the real scoreline 5-0 to Liverpool.

You'll still get to watch Jose post match whimpering.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,945 posts | 5004 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #36: Mar 07, 2018 05:59:34 pm

You got it wrong again Keith, its up, " the only way is up" something you and your mob will have to get used to after Saturday, ...and...
      ...There will thousands of Manc fans practising Proctology ...in the seasons to come...

...experts in looking up our arses !! 😁

YNWA
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1030 
      Reply #37: Mar 07, 2018 06:07:13 pm
      A difficult one for midfield as they have all been in quite good form of late but I would go for Hendo, Can and Ox. Seems harsh to drop Milner but I think we need the physicality of Can in there to deal with Matic and Pogba.

Ox should be able to utilise the space and commit defenders, which will open up space for Salah and co (much like he did against Newcastle).

Personally think Henderson has showed some real signs of improvement this season and has matured in to the role. His passing display against Newcastle was superb. Milner is also in good form but reckon Hendo will be able to exercise more control in what will be a key midfield battle.

Front 3... Let me think...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #38: Mar 07, 2018 06:12:35 pm
      A difficult one for midfield as they have all been in quite good form of late but I would go for Hendo, Can and Ox. Seems harsh to drop Milner but I think we need the physicality of Can in there to deal with Matic and Pogba.

Ox should be able to utilise the space and commit defenders, which will open up space for Salah and co (much like he did against Newcastle).

Personally think Henderson has showed some real signs of improvement this season and has matured in to the role. His passing display against Newcastle was superb. Milner is also in good form but reckon Hendo will be able to exercise more control in what will be a key midfield battle.

Front 3... Let me think...
      Henderson had a dead leg recently and Milner has been better, he also tends to show up for the big games. Henderson played great against Newcastle, but I think against United he'll sh*te himself. Milner is the obvious choice for me.
      Harrisimo

• 8,289 posts | 1402 
      Reply #39: Mar 07, 2018 07:31:56 pm
      Getting the front 6 right will be difficult. I mean Mane,Mo & Bob are in. Can yes he has to be in. Hendo again yes. Do we go with the more attacking Ox or Milner, the slightly safer option.

Ox can be a bit inconsistent, Milner less so. Ox plays better with Hendo, but Milner supports well down the left and well as cover for Robbo. Could hold Ox and Lallana in reserve if it goes against us.

Not easy to second guess Klopp. Could even leave Hendo out. He's not an automatic any more, but Klopp still rates him.Least we do have the 7 point buffer.

6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #40: Mar 07, 2018 07:53:13 pm
      The most important person on that pitch will be the referee.
      Craig Pawson I believe..remember him? >:(

He better not bottle it thats all I can say.
      We've never had a good record with referee's at OT.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,652 posts | 3920 
      Reply #41: Mar 07, 2018 07:58:16 pm
      I personally think Milner has to play, he’s in great form.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #42: Mar 07, 2018 07:59:01 pm

We just wanna play footy Keef.. and we're more than capable of giving you a tasty game.
      How do you see it panning out?
      Do you see a game like when Man city came to Anfield in January? cracking game of football, quality from both sides.
      or do you see your miserable head coach putting Lukaku up on his own and ripping you off again with a boring defensive attitude in front of the home crowd.?
      I've spoke to a few Man U fans these last few days since they suddenly came alive after Matic's winner on Monday and they all said that they don't care what the result is so long as the team entertain.
      Something they don't see anymore and it's all down to misery guts.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #43: Mar 07, 2018 08:58:02 pm
      To me Keith it’s not so much about confidence as ownership. We need to “own” this one.

The way I see it our ceiling is higher but conversely our floor is lower in terms of what we’re capable of.......

Hence my stated belief that this is on us to impose ourselves on your mob and control it.

Takes the officials and Jose out of the equation.

Doesn’t mean we will BUT I believe we CAN and SHOULD.

No doubt you lads have the momentum going into the game and i'm certainly not confident on this one. I'm hoping we don't park the bus early and wait till we put two past you first. Lets hope its a great/exciting game.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #44: Mar 07, 2018 08:59:07 pm
      It will be a close game, United might even score an early goal... then just before the final whistle you'll wake up and realized you fell asleep just before kick off and the real scoreline 5-0 to Liverpool.

You'll still get to watch Jose post match whimpering.

Certainly could well go to the wire this one Rib.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,022 posts | 2718 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #45: Mar 07, 2018 09:00:20 pm

You got it wrong again Keith, its up, " the only way is up" something you and your mob will have to get used to after Saturday, ...and...
      ...There will thousands of Manc fans practising Proctology ...in the seasons to come...

...experts in looking up our arses !! 😁

YNWA

Well you've been looking at ours all year.  ;D

Quick Reply