Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)

Read 15704 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Pre-Match: Man United V Liverpool (10/03/18 - 12:30)
      Reply #46: Mar 07, 2018 09:14:03 pm
      We just wanna play footy Keef.. and we're more than capable of giving you a tasty game.
      How do you see it panning out?
      Do you see a game like when Man city came to Anfield in January? cracking game of football, quality from both sides.
      or do you see your miserable head coach putting Lukaku up on his own and ripping you off again with a boring defensive attitude in front of the home crowd.?
      I've spoke to a few Man U fans these last few days since they suddenly came alive after Matic's winner on Monday and they all said that they don't care what the result is so long as the team entertain.
      Something they don't see anymore and it's all down to misery guts.

Keef you say? You seen my number plate  ;D
      On paper i see a very tight game mate. I'd love to see us score first as this will make it a cracking game. Liverpool won't sit back that's for sure.
      For me main thing is the win. Obviously i would love to see a exciting game but with Mourhino's tatics he certainly wasn't at the front of the queue when giving them out.

Monday we were once again awful for 45 mins, granted we came to life a bit in second half but it was only Palace. I'm getting frustrated watching Lukaku at the moment. Sanchez is being wasted which is no fault of his own. For me Mourhino doesn't quite know where to put him yet with the formation he's playing.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #47: Mar 07, 2018 09:28:09 pm
      Keef you say? You seen my number plate  ;D
      On paper i see a very tight game mate. I'd love to see us score first as this will make it a cracking game. Liverpool won't sit back that's for sure.
      For me main thing is the win. Obviously i would love to see a exciting game but with Mourhino's tatics he certainly wasn't at the front of the queue when giving them out.

Monday we were once again awful for 45 mins, granted we came to life a bit in second half but it was only Palace. I'm getting frustrated watching Lukaku at the moment. Sanchez is being wasted which is no fault of his own. For me Mourhino doesn't quite know where to put him yet with the formation he's playing.

If you played like the first 45 against CP you'll get punished more than you have all season.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1975 
      Reply #48: Mar 08, 2018 04:50:59 am
      End of the day we're better than these. If it wasn't for De Gea they would be somewhere around Arsenal/Burnley.

I fully expect them to park the bus and we might get frustrated and huff and puff a little bit. I expect them to throw crosses into the box and use their height advantages on us. This will be karius biggest test so far and I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does. I've been very impressed with him in recent weeks and I hope his form continues - he could be crucial in this game.

We're full of confidence and these are sh*te. Im amazed they've got that many points on the board. Every time I watch them they're just dog sh*t but somehow get 3 points.

Go and show them up red men.

Karius

Trent
      VVD
      Matip
      Robbo

Hendo
      Can
      Ox

Mane
      Salah
      Bob

Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #49: Mar 08, 2018 08:00:36 am
      If you played like the first 45 against CP you'll get punished more than you have all season.

The game would be over at half time (0-3) if that was the case. I just pray the game isn't like the one at your place where Mourhino made a bad mistake parking the bus (for a change)

Doesn't look as if I can go to the match so I'll be on here ready for the bashing if things don't go our way.  ;D You lads are in a fortunate position as even if United win I generally don't post much when Liverpool lose for obvious reasons  ;D With the rivalry so intense it can, and does get very very volatile  :lmao:
      Harrisimo

• 8,254 posts | 1390 
      Reply #50: Mar 08, 2018 10:55:28 am
      The game would be over at half time (0-3) if that was the case. I just pray the game isn't like the one at your place where Mourhino made a bad mistake parking the bus (for a change)

Doesn't look as if I can go to the match so I'll be on here ready for the bashing if things don't go our way.  ;D You lads are in a fortunate position as even if United win I generally don't post much when Liverpool lose for obvious reasons  ;D With the rivalry so intense it can, and does get very very volatile  :lmao:

Think De Gea could be gone in the summer. Mancheater dragging their feet over new contract. They will cash their chips in on him. They know that they can replace him with another top keeper at a quarter of the fee they get. Martial is not happy either. Pogba has been a massive disappointment. United let him go in the first place, then forked out nearly £90m..£50m to much...a disaster.

The handling of Rashford has been botched as well. Still only 20 but in 69 games he has a measly return of just 14 goals Is he a winger, a central striker...nobody knows.In one week, out the next, no wonder the lad has no confidence. He should leave and go to a club who will value him.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #51: Mar 08, 2018 12:01:53 pm
      Tricky game to predict, it most probably will be very very tight with us leading until the 89th minute and those fuckers getting a late equalizer.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #52: Mar 08, 2018 12:33:12 pm
      Tricky game to predict, it most probably will be very very tight with us leading until the 89th minute and those fuckers getting a late equalizer.
      From a pen from Howard Webb.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #53: Mar 08, 2018 12:35:09 pm
      Early kick off! That either means ill be in great form, or be like a bear all day depending on the result 😁
      Can't see anything other than a draw, Bourinho knows how to subdue us and he'll be sending his players out to nullify our attack and try and sneak a win. 0-0 or 1-1 I'm afraid.

Booooooo....

Ps: I fear you may be right. Mouninho is the most anti-footballing manager in the league. I bet he and Fat Sam have great conversations on how to murder football.

I'm still going for 2-0 win, we're full of confidence and we've improved our game management lately. Hope Salah drills Mouninho a new one...
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #54: Mar 08, 2018 01:06:39 pm
      I personally think Milner has to play, he’s in great form.

To me, Klopp's only decisions for Saturday's team are: Milner or Henderson? and Lovren or Matip?

Can is an automatic starter now, and Oxlaide-Chamberlain should start at #8. That leaves the one midfield spot. I would go with Milner as well, due to form, but someone pointed out Henderson has done pretty well since coming back from his last injury, so that could be a tricky selection.

How well Can plays Saturday is a major key for me. He needs to assert himself physically, but also needs to avoid going into the book in the first 10 minutes. I think United will come at us more than we saw in the home fixture.

I have to go to work now, but I'll be thinking about this match all day now.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #55: Mar 08, 2018 01:40:28 pm
      A lot of Utd fans are shitting it that we'll tear them apart, that's a good sign 😀
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #56: Mar 08, 2018 01:43:40 pm

To be honest, they're as surprised as everyone else that they're sitting in 2nd spot having played some of the most boring and sh*te football the pl has seen for years
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,428 posts | 4582 
      Reply #57: Mar 08, 2018 01:46:10 pm
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,337 posts | 2816 
      Reply #58: Mar 08, 2018 01:48:11 pm
      To me, Klopp's only decisions for Saturday's team are: Milner or Henderson? and Lovren or Matip?

Might be a decent passer of the ball but Matip has been defensively all over the place for a while now, can't believe I'm saying it but surely Lovren has to get the nod over him on Saturday.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,955 posts | 2706 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #59: Mar 08, 2018 01:55:39 pm
      Think De Gea could be gone in the summer. Mancheater dragging their feet over new contract. They will cash their chips in on him. They know that they can replace him with another top keeper at a quarter of the fee they get. Martial is not happy either. Pogba has been a massive disappointment. United let him go in the first place, then forked out nearly £90m..£50m to much...a disaster.

The handling of Rashford has been botched as well. Still only 20 but in 69 games he has a measly return of just 14 goals Is he a winger, a central striker...nobody knows.In one week, out the next, no wonder the lad has no confidence. He should leave and go to a club who will value him.

Ive heard De Gea been  going for nearly 3 years now with rivals fans and he's still here.  ;D You can't replace the best goal keeper in the world, that's the end of that discussion.............

Pogba not been a massive dispappointment he's just had a few bad games like ALL! players do. Could be worse! We might of bought Ox who is just a bench warmer and has the occasional good game.

Martial/Rashford
      Impossible to keep everyone happy when you have a big squad. Hopefully they both stay...
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #60: Mar 08, 2018 02:10:04 pm
      Might be a decent passer of the ball but Matip has been defensively all over the place for a while now, can't believe I'm saying it but surely Lovren has to get the nod over him on Saturday.

As much as Lovren gets stick it was Matip that looked the poorer of the two against Porto.
      Think it was Matip that took the ball out of Karius' hands at one point.

2 players that will change things for Utd v LFC.

Salah. He changed the dimension of play when he came on v Porto.
      Every time the ball was near him he seemed to come out with it, like velcro.

Big Virgil. Porto, a lot like Utd, played with 2 banks of 4 and moved like a wave from one side of the pitch to the next.
      So many times Firmino was sat out wide on his own and a long diagonal ball would have opened up Porto,
      yet Matip and Lovren would pass back along to each other and by the time the play was switched "the wave"
      had moved to cover Firmino. A quick diagonal ball would have stopped that. Didn't happen against Porto.
      Virgil should change that.

Another thing missing v Porto was a late runner into the box, some pressure from midfield.
      A few times the forwards fought to win a ball only to have the chance wasted because nobody anticipated that.
      Salah being in the Front 3 will change that, but I also think Ox playing would also change that as he is quite
      aggressive and direct.

I don't think Gomez had a great game either tbh and would like to see Trent back in against Utd.

Karius

TAA       Lovren            Virgil            Robertson

Can

AOC                           Milner

Salah                Firmino                      Mane   
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #61: Mar 08, 2018 02:35:42 pm
      Amazed at the comparison between Milner and Hendo for most here.

Hendo for me.

Far more important to the overall shape and set up. It’s Milner / Ox it Gini........
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #62: Mar 08, 2018 02:37:05 pm

Hendo for me.

Far more important to the overall shape and set up. It’s Milner / Ox it Gini........

Henderson seemed to pick up a knock near the end of the game,
      so the reason I have Ox - Can - Milner is because I'm not sure if Henderson has been cleared.
      Wijnaldum out with an illness for awhile too isn't he, so that 3 picks itself really.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #63: Mar 08, 2018 02:47:50 pm
      Henderson seemed to pick up a knock near the end of the game,
      so the reason I have Ox - Can - Milner is because I'm not sure if Henderson has been cleared.
      Wijnaldum out with an illness for awhile too isn't he, so that 3 picks itself really.

Hadn’t seen yours and def not a pop Racer - was more surprised people saw them as the interchangeable duo.

Forgot about Gini - I’d actually like his energy in this one (yes, away) to harass the f#ck out of Pog and the kid......

Does your old man know what’s coming......?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #64: Mar 08, 2018 02:54:04 pm
      Hadn’t seen yours and def not a pop Racer - was more surprised people saw them as the interchangeable duo.

Forgot about Gini - I’d actually like his energy in this one (yes, away) to harass the f#ck out of Pog and the kid......

Does your old man know what’s coming......?

He knows horrible defensive football is coming alright.
      And he's watched the LFC v Porto game so knows the players were rested.
      All depends on how the early running goes. Fingers crossed.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #65: Mar 08, 2018 02:57:01 pm
      He knows horrible defensive football is coming alright.
      And he's watched the LFC v Porto game so knows the players were rested.
      All depends on how the early running goes. Fingers crossed.

What’s his view on Maureen?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #66: Mar 08, 2018 02:57:24 pm

Hendo for me.

I personally think he is as important as Milner, Can and Wijnaldum. Not like we have been sh*t without him, and nor have we been exceptional with him. Overall, I think our midfielders are pretty much the same level and work exceptionally well defensively as a unit, other than that, they are pretty bang average when in possession!

Anyway, I would go with Hendo for this, as I mentioned many times, he is fantastic at picking loose balls, harrying and covering, and no doubt they will bus park and counter which Hendo is rather exceptional at neutralizing, but then I'd have no qualms if Can, Wijnaldum or Milner started ahead of Hendo.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,970 posts | 3054 
      Reply #67: Mar 08, 2018 03:02:03 pm
      I personally think he is as important as Milner, Can and Wijnaldum. Not like we have been sh*t without him, and nor have we been exceptional with him. Overall, I think our midfielders are pretty much the same level and work exceptionally well defensively as a unit, other than that, they are pretty bang average when in possession!

Anyway, I would go with Hendo for this, as I mentioned many times, he is fantastic at picking loose balls, harrying and covering, and no doubt they will bus park and counter which Hendo is rather exceptional at neutralizing, but then I'd have no qualms if Can, Wijnaldum or Milner started ahead of Hendo.

Wasn’t a Hendo thread point mate - just re the Milner or Hendo choice.

They perform very, very different roles.

Unlike most I didn’t think Jimmy was very good on Tues - whereas he was Sunday. I thought Hendo was ambitious and aggressive in passing in both.

Anyways only how I see it.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,603 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #68: Mar 08, 2018 03:05:26 pm
      What’s his view on Maureen?

Hates him.
      When you had the Ferguson era of attacking football,
      Mourinho is hard to take to.

Quick Reply