Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42290 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Mar 07, 2018 03:19:49 pm
      OK folks - I know the PC answers are "I don't care, as long as we're in it" or something like that, but who would you most like to see us drawn with in the quarters (understanding some of the pool are still to be determined).

I agree with Emre Can when he says he prefers not to play another English team. You'd like to see some new faces for opposition if possible.

My personal choice would be to face Barcelona, beat them like a drum with the 2nd leg at Barca, and every player just stare at Coutinho and smile as they walk past  him after the match.

Juventus would be interesting from an Emre Can angle. Bayern Munich is beatable, but I think I'd prefer avoiding them for now.

« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 03:29:10 pm by Robby The Z »
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #1: Mar 07, 2018 03:43:19 pm
      I voted for Seville but I really do not give a F**k about the next opponent if we have our front three fit for the matches!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #2: Mar 07, 2018 05:10:09 pm
      Think I have a ticket sorted for this  :)

Before last night, I was saying I wanted Real Madrid, but they (and Ronaldo in particular) just seem to turn it on another level in Europe the last couple seasons. Playing themselves into great European form and at the right time of the season too.

Still hoping for the winner of Roma/Shaktar. Although we may require 2 trips to Kiev to win the CL then ;)

Plenty opportunities to sing this anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMCpSZffNWE

Up the European Reds!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #3: Mar 07, 2018 07:58:29 pm
      I don't want to face Real Madrid or Bayern Munich at any stage of the competition.

I'll take any of the English sides, except the mancs. The tie will be a horrible spectacle, and you just know that they'll score the decisive goal in the last minute.

Juventus is always going to be tricky, with all the issues off the pitch that go with such a fixture.

That leaves Shakhtar Donetsk. They may have beaten City already, but there are not many nice alternatives left.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2800 
      Reply #4: Mar 07, 2018 08:03:47 pm
      I'll take any of the non English sides.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #5: Mar 07, 2018 08:06:44 pm
      I don't want to face Real Madrid or Bayern Munich at any stage of the competition.

I'll take any of the English sides, except the mancs. The tie will be a horrible spectacle, and you just know that they'll score the decisive goal in the last minute.

Juventus is always going to be tricky, with all the issues off the pitch that go with such a fixture.

That leaves Shakhtar Donetsk. They may have beaten City already, but there are not many nice alternatives left.

Christ you sound like a barrel of optimism. It's Europe's premier competition for Christ's sake! To be the best we want to beat the best.

I really don't mind who we face. I'd love Barcelona (if they get through) or Real Madrid if I had to choose.

First quarter final in the Champions League for 9 years, add in the Anfield atmosphere - bring it on. 
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,514 posts | 242 
      Reply #6: Mar 07, 2018 08:34:24 pm
      I'd like spuds but only with decent officials, buggers get away with murder
      RedWilly

• 9,177 posts | 1630 
      Reply #7: Mar 07, 2018 08:41:34 pm
      Not even sure who is in the pot.

Agree with avoiding English sides and I would prefer a ‘big’ name, as I think we actually perform best when we are underdogs and for those European sides I think we will still be a bit of a surprise package with our style of play, even if they research it to death, it will be a different experience to play against it.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #8: Mar 07, 2018 08:43:36 pm
      Quote from Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Christ you sound like a barrel of optimism. It's Europe's premier competition for Christ's sake! To be the best we want to beat the best.

I really don't mind who we face. I'd love Barcelona (if they get through) or Real Madrid if I had to choose.

First quarter final in the Champions League for 9 years, add in the Anfield atmosphere - bring it on.

The thread is about who do you want. I want the easiest possible route, so we have a better chance of going even further in the competition. So I said who I wanted and who I didn't.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #9: Mar 07, 2018 08:50:27 pm
      I'd like spuds but only with decent officials, buggers get away with murder

Not sure how the officials are allocated but if we draw Spurs or another English team we might get English officials. That means we are up against bias from the kick off. I'm not that much in favour of VAR but it might stop us getting screwed over.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #10: Mar 07, 2018 08:54:01 pm
      Not sure how the officials are allocated but if we draw Spurs or another English team we might get English officials. That means we are up against bias from the kick off. I'm not that much in favour of VAR but it might stop us getting screwed over.

Out of the many ties we've faced English opposition in Europe in the last 13 years (admittedly, 90% of them Chelsea) I don't think we've ever had English officials assigned.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #11: Mar 07, 2018 09:39:03 pm
      That result for spurs tonight breaks them for this season we will finish above them in the league
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #12: Mar 07, 2018 09:43:12 pm
      That result for spurs tonight breaks them for this season we will finish above them in the league

Yeah..the divers out...probably thought the job was done after the decent draw in Turin. Still we won't have to tolerate the cheats in the C/L...
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #13: Mar 07, 2018 09:47:45 pm
      I'd rather not play nastier English club so chuffed to see the spuds go out to Juve tonight. Made up with that. A big of me wants Barca but in truth I'd rather have Roma or Donetsk.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #14: Mar 07, 2018 10:01:22 pm
      Bayern, Barca or Madrid for me all day long.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #15: Mar 07, 2018 10:01:34 pm
      I'd rather not play nastier English club so chuffed to see the spuds go out to Juve tonight. Made up with that. A big of me wants Barca but in truth I'd rather have Roma or Donetsk.

Last 8 and any team has a chance. I'll bet Barca or Real don't really want us. Taking apart Porto made them sit up sharply. Playing Barca in the Nou camp you really have to take the game to them. Park the bus is a mistake. They will slice thru in the end. So if we get them I would hope we go there and take the game to them.

Real are different. We could go for a shut out. We are in this with every chance. I don't fear the Spanish. This is not the time to lose our bottle. We are at the business end of the season and we should be confident we can take any team on and beat them.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #16: Mar 07, 2018 10:13:46 pm
      Yeah..the divers out...probably thought the job was done after the decent draw in Turin. Still we won't have to tolerate the cheats in the C/L...

Sky are in mourning over Spurs getting booted out...as if their dog just got run over... Pochettino waffling on..."so proud"...yeah yeah...whatever..
      therealjr
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,116 posts | 147 
      Reply #17: Mar 07, 2018 10:16:48 pm
      I will take Seville for no other reason than it would mean the Mancs are out!!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #18: Mar 07, 2018 10:17:41 pm
      I wouldn’t mind Spurs........oh wait 😂
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #19: Mar 07, 2018 10:17:57 pm

Oh yeah - forgot those two were still in it!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: Mar 07, 2018 10:19:10 pm
      Bayern, Barca or Madrid for me all day long.
      Roma or Donesk please, I would rather play the so called easier teams.
      Most champions do go through easier routes, was not the case in 2005, we went through all the big clubs.
      Going through weaker teams means we need to be lucky less often etc... I would like us to win the whole thing, not just say.. we went out to a good team.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #21: Mar 07, 2018 10:25:54 pm
      We'll probably draw Chelsea again...even if they go out to Barcelona.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #22: Mar 07, 2018 10:30:42 pm
      I will take Seville for no other reason than it would mean the Mancs are out!!

As long as albe is nowhere near the pitch I am OK with that.

Quick Reply