Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42373 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #23: Mar 07, 2018 11:06:03 pm
      Sky are in mourning over Spurs getting booted out...as if their dog just got run over... Pochettino waffling on..."so proud"...yeah yeah...whatever..

BTs analysis post match was a joke. I’m not even joking you’d think they went through the way they were talking. Lampard said Dele Alli was excellent and showed how far his game has come? Gerrard said we could talk all night about how good Spurs number 10s were? Ferdinand said they are a young team and need to learn from this (for how long do you keep saying that about Spurs ?)

If that were arsenal or probably us to be fair they’d be all over us saying we were naive and careless etc and they’d probably be right. This Tottenham team for some reason 3 years running now string a good run of form together at non critical stages in the season and they fall over themselves to gush over them. Chiellini got interviewed and called it like it is - he said you know you get chances against this team, you know they are Spurs and what they are like words to the effect. Ha f***in ha - Harry Kane where were you son?

https://youtu.be/pWxmPEZ2A2M
      « Last Edit: Mar 07, 2018 11:12:14 pm by Alfie2510 »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #24: Mar 07, 2018 11:10:14 pm
      Power shift in football, Spurs are the new Arsenal. Arsenal are the new Everton. Everton and the new Southampton...etc
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #25: Mar 08, 2018 12:57:53 am
      If we got Barcelona it could end up the highest scoring Champions League match of all time because I'm as unsure our defence can handle Messi and Suarez as theirs can Mane, Firmino and Salah! 10-10 anyone? :D
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #26: Mar 08, 2018 01:56:18 am
      If we got Barcelona it could end up the highest scoring Champions League match of all time because I'm as unsure our defence can handle Messi and Suarez as theirs can Mane, Firmino and Salah! 10-10 anyone? :D

How good would that be as the Final?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #27: Mar 08, 2018 03:42:30 am
      We'll probably draw Chelsea again...even if they go out to Barcelona.

Sounds like a Sepp Blatter ping pong ball special!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Mar 08, 2018 04:06:09 am
      Absolutely mental that people wanna travel to the Ukraine in the back-end of the season.

In saying that, i'd love to face Barca :D
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #29: Mar 08, 2018 04:21:04 am
      Presuming the favourites go through then I'd like to see this draw:

Liverpool v Roma
      United v Juventus
      Bayern v Madrid
      Barca v City

After watching Juventus tonight though, and their first leg, I wouldn't mind them one bit. They're sh*te.

Tottenham battered them in both legs but had a freak ten minutes in each game.

Spurs proved they're better than juve and we're better than Spurs. So if we draw them I'll be very happy.

I don't actually fear anyone though. I genuinely don't. The way the lads are playing at the moment and the results they're getting they've filled me with a load of confidence.

We must be an absolute nightmare draw for the other teams because Roma aside, were probably the under dog in any other game. The pressure is on them. How can you possibly expect to brush us aside and dominate the game with our attack?

Good luck with that!
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #30: Mar 08, 2018 04:23:09 am
      Power shift in football, Spurs are the new Arsenal. Arsenal are the new Everton. Everton and the new Southampton...etc

I was on twitter before and I saw loads and loads of Arsenal fans going nuts because Spurs got knocked out.

They've gone from winning league titles, fa cups, reaching European finals, having players like Henry to laughing at their neighbours for being knocked out of a competition they're not good enough to be in. It's proper Everton behaviour.

I hope to god we never become like that.
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #31: Mar 08, 2018 07:30:16 am
      Presuming the favourites go through then I'd like to see this draw:

Liverpool v Roma
      United v Juventus
      Bayern v Madrid
      Barca v City

I like that combination - but would have us as Home league second

Playing fantasy champions league matchups

Semi finals

Barca v Bayern
      Juve v Liverpool

Final

Liverpool v Bayern - Klopp gets one over on Munich in a UCL final
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #32: Mar 08, 2018 07:47:15 am
      For the sake of a easier route to the semi id love Shaktar or Roma, however, Juve would be a good draw for the attack V defence scenario,

I'd love to draw RM, just wipe that the smile off that smug kunt lady boy's face,
      f***in pr**k ! 😁

YNWA

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #33: Mar 08, 2018 12:06:32 pm
      I like that combination - but would have us as Home league second

Playing fantasy champions league matchups

Semi finals

Barca v Bayern
      Juve v Liverpool

Final

Liverpool v Bayern - Klopp gets one over on Munich in a UCL final

That would be perfect, long way to go though and I just have this horrible feeling we'll be drawn against one of the manc clubs, but over 2 legs I actually fancy us to beat either one. The club I fear most would be Real Madrid, not so much because of their players, although they have some very good ones, but because they are so dammed experienced, so savy.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #34: Mar 08, 2018 12:25:32 pm
      My heart says Barca, my head says Roma / Donetsk, my balls say United....just to screw them out of the CL
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #35: Mar 08, 2018 12:49:52 pm
      I want sevilla. I want blood and keep that bloody agent moreno out of the squad, he can stay home.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #36: Mar 08, 2018 01:30:30 pm
      I would like Barca,  I really think we would beat them home and away.

As in 2005, you don't have to be the best team in the competition it win it, just the luckiest.

:celebrate: :champ:
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #37: Mar 08, 2018 02:44:53 pm
      I would like Barca,  I really think we would beat them home and away.

As in 2005, you don't have to be the best team in the competition it win it, just the luckiest.

:celebrate: :champ:
      we made our own luck by being the best. I don't want Barcelona, as Spurs shown.. one day beating Madrid another day losing to Juve.. easier for as long as possible please. That way other teams night knock out the hard teams.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Mar 08, 2018 08:17:29 pm
      Bayern, Barca or Madrid for me all day long.
      I'm with you here. Lets do this in style and have one in the Q F, another in the Semi's and beat the last in the Finals  ;D
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,009 posts | 3352 
      Reply #39: Mar 09, 2018 12:23:20 am
      City to shut the cu*ts up about how that F***ing small time sh*t supported club are the clear favourites and there's no point anybody else being in the competition. And for Phil Thompson to turn to that gobs***e Paul Merson and say "a few weeks back Merse, you said Liverpool couldn't win the European Cup for a sixth time because Man City were still in the competiton. Well guess what you F***ing Chelsea loving alcoholic gambling c**t, my club, Liverpool F***ing Football Club have just knocked those cu*ts out."

Saying all that, you wanna be playing in front of full crowds so that rules City out because they can't sell Maine Road out because they don't have enough F***ing fans.

So United because there's no better feeling in the world than beating those bas**rds. The Europa League a couple of years back proved that. But I don't want those cu*ts progressing so that rules them out.

In that case it'll have to be Juventus because then the omens from 2005 can kick in. You know, beating Juve in the quarter finals. Only this time don't try and apologise for the Heysel disaster when their b***ard c**t fans decide to turn their backs on it. Just do what we did in 2005 and tw*t them with minimal fuss. Prefarably without a goalkeeping howler this time though. Actually I don't trust our keepers not to have a howler.

That takes us to Barcelona because we've never beaten those cu*ts on our way to winning a European Cup (beat them twice on our way to winning UEFA Cups) so it'd be quite nice to tick that one off the list. However, the one time we did beat them in the European Cup we got to the final and lost, so maybe drawing them wouldn't be a good thing.

So I suppose that leaves us with Roma and that'd be a nice turn out for us. After all we have an affinity with Rome and the European Cup, having won two of our five trophies there. As well as a victory there on our way to winning the 2001 UEFA Cup. But then again, their kit is red. So for the away leg we'd have to wear something other than our usual red and I don't think we'd be allowed to play in our lucky orange kit as it's still too close to Roma's red.

That leaves only Bayern then. Beat them on our way to winning the UEFA Cup in 71. Beat them on our way to winning the European Cup in 81. Beat them to win the Super Cup in 2001. So three European competitions and every time we've beaten Bayern in any of them, we've won it. Shame all of the years that we did beat them ended in a 1 and this is 2018. So maybe we'll give it three years until we beat Bayern in another European competition.

That's the lot isn't it?

Nah, there's those cu*ts Real Madrid. The cu*ts who gave us eight million plus Antonio Nunez for Michael Owen. If you're gonna rob us of one of the best forwards in the world, don't rub salt in the wounds by giving us Nunez as part of the deal. The cu*ts who robbed Steve McManaman off us for free. The cu*ts who humiliated us the last time we played them in Europe (as well as us humiliating ourselves in all honesty).

So yeah, Madrid. We owe them a good F***ing.

It'll be a sell out for both legs. They're already through. We don't owe them any apologies (other than maybe sending Nuri Sahin back there earlier than we'd agreed). We've got previous of them beating them, both in a final and in the earlier knockout stages. We can wear whatever F***ing kit we want (except that green and white thing which is a F***ing relief). And the year doesn't have to end in a 1 for us to beat them and win a European trophy.

Real Madrid, job done.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #40: Mar 09, 2018 08:02:10 am
      City to shut the cu*ts up about how that f**king small time sh*t supported club are the clear favourites and there's no point anybody else being in the competition. And for Phil Thompson to turn to that gobs***e Paul Merson and say "a few weeks back Merse, you said Liverpool couldn't win the European Cup for a sixth time because Man City were still in the competiton. Well guess what you f**king Chelsea loving alcoholic gambling c**t, my club, Liverpool f**king Football Club have just knocked those cu*ts out."

Saying all that, you wanna be playing in front of full crowds so that rules City out because they can't sell Maine Road out because they don't have enough f**king fans.

So United because there's no better feeling in the world than beating those bas**rds. The Europa League a couple of years back proved that. But I don't want those cu*ts progressing so that rules them out.

In that case it'll have to be Juventus because then the omens from 2005 can kick in. You know, beating Juve in the quarter finals. Only this time don't try and apologise for the Heysel disaster when their b***ard c**t fans decide to turn their backs on it. Just do what we did in 2005 and tw*t them with minimal fuss. Prefarably without a goalkeeping howler this time though. Actually I don't trust our keepers not to have a howler.

That takes us to Barcelona because we've never beaten those cu*ts on our way to winning a European Cup (beat them twice on our way to winning UEFA Cups) so it'd be quite nice to tick that one off the list. However, the one time we did beat them in the European Cup we got to the final and lost, so maybe drawing them wouldn't be a good thing.

So I suppose that leaves us with Roma and that'd be a nice turn out for us. After all we have an affinity with Rome and the European Cup, having won two of our five trophies there. As well as a victory there on our way to winning the 2001 UEFA Cup. But then again, their kit is red. So for the away leg we'd have to wear something other than our usual red and I don't think we'd be allowed to play in our lucky orange kit as it's still too close to Roma's red.

That leaves only Bayern then. Beat them on our way to winning the UEFA Cup in 71. Beat them on our way to winning the European Cup in 81. Beat them to win the Super Cup in 2001. So three European competitions and every time we've beaten Bayern in any of them, we've won it. Shame all of the years that we did beat them ended in a 1 and this is 2018. So maybe we'll give it three years until we beat Bayern in another European competition.

That's the lot isn't it?

Nah, there's those cu*ts Real Madrid. The cu*ts who gave us eight million plus Antonio Nunez for Michael Owen. If you're gonna rob us of one of the best forwards in the world, don't rub salt in the wounds by giving us Nunez as part of the deal. The cu*ts who robbed Steve McManaman off us for free. The cu*ts who humiliated us the last time we played them in Europe (as well as us humiliating ourselves in all honesty).

So yeah, Madrid. We owe them a good f**king.

It'll be a sell out for both legs. They're already through. We don't owe them any apologies (other than maybe sending Nuri Sahin back there earlier than we'd agreed). We've got previous of them beating them, both in a final and in the earlier knockout stages. We can wear whatever f**king kit we want (except that green and white thing which is a f**king relief). And the year doesn't have to end in a 1 for us to beat them and win a European trophy.

Real Madrid, job done.

Ha ha yes!!! Real F***ing Madrid it is!! Let’s do these cu*ts.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #41: Mar 09, 2018 12:55:17 pm
      For the sake of a easier route to the semi id love Shaktar or Roma, however, Juve would be a good draw for the attack V defence scenario,

I'd love to draw RM, just wipe that the smile off that smug kunt lady boy's face,
      F**kin P**ck ! 😁

YNWA

Haha. You said Ladyboy. :)
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 6378 
      Reply #42: Mar 11, 2018 11:33:56 pm
      Barca please.

But I’m pretty sure we are going to get United.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Mar 12, 2018 12:44:08 am
      Barca please.

If they're even in it.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,565 posts | 391 
      Reply #44: Mar 12, 2018 01:34:32 am
      Barca please.

why do so many want Barca? everyone has seen that dude called Messi before right?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,314 posts | 6378 
      Reply #45: Mar 12, 2018 01:36:14 am
      why do so many want Barca? everyone has seen that dude called Messi before right?

The question is has HE seen Virgil Van Dijk?

I want Barca because I'm tired of their dirty, underhanded transfer tactics that are ILLEGAL and that they never get pulled up on. So I'd like nothing better than to put them in their place.

Quick Reply