Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42324 times
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #368: Mar 21, 2018 09:01:59 pm

Gonna stick my nose into this one.Nah its a Liverpool forum/internet pub,i get you've got mates on here but someone walks into a Liverpool pub and mouths off like that,you'd be asked to shut up or get out,no? I've no time for the guy you're arguing with but shouting united's record doesn't sit right to me.But hey not my site.

You mix me up with someone else, I don't mouth off.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #369: Mar 21, 2018 09:27:57 pm
      You mix me up with someone else, I don't mouth off.

Shut your mouth Keith  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #370: Mar 21, 2018 09:58:25 pm
      They scored a fair number of goals past us. 1 or 2 were defensive errors, but you can't put them all down to the defence. They've just gone to the toilet and won. Something we couldn't do, and plenty of others before them couldn't either. They were second seeds in our group as well, so they're a decent side, and if we face them again, it'll be another tough game.

I didn't pick out European results. I went through a lot of them, even left some out, it's not exhaustive. The above list may have focused on European results, but I could post up many more. Everyone accepted it when it led to success, the questions only came when it failed. People only started to question Houllier when the 7 point lead we had earned quickly shrunk to nothing, and eventually a 5th place finish.

Look at the teams left in the competition.  7 of the 8 quarter finalists are primarily attack minded sides. Even Roma, who won the Chelsea/Atletico group. So attacking football has been rewarded, and those who set out to get a point here, nick a 0-0 there, have been left behind.

Can't be bothered debating whether sevilla are a decent team or not. You think they're a top side, I don't. Most pundits and people involved in the game seem to agree with me though which is why united going out to them was such a big deal.

Moreno cost us the game against them in Spain and we weren't much better defending against them at home either. It was an absolute shambles in both legs. We wouldn't throw the games away now like we did then and we would see them both out comfortably.

You're just plain wrong about our teams under houllier and Rafa. We might not have been as gung ho as we are now but we were never considered bus parkers. Who called us that? Did the press/pundits/fans/other managers repeatedly call us bus parkers? Because apart from you, I've never ever heard that phrase associated with a liverpool team.

We were never considered negative. We were never thought of as a team who couldn't play football. We didn't let the opposition play infront of us and barely kick the ball for 90 minutes.

We were ranked #1 in Europe and had a midfield of Gerrard alonso and mascherano under Rafa, with Torres upfront. We had footballing defenders like agger and aurellio.  We even had a goalie who liked to play a bit of footy in Reina. We weren't no bus parking side.

I enjoyed some great nights during that era and I remember them very well. You can call us negative and bus parkers all you want but I'll keep telling you that you're wrong.

I'll prove it if you want and list facts about that era but I'd rather you didn't ask me too and instead just take a bit of time and watch some of our old games on YouTube or whatever instead. We were a very decent footballing side.

I'm no hypocrite like you're suggesting. If we parked the bus and were negative in our approach then I wouldn't be happy. I'd say I wasn't happy and I'd show my frustrations.

Even go through my posts, I've made plenty of comments in post match threads along the lines of 'we got the result but played very poorly today' and posters have jumped on my back and told me to just enjoy the win.

So back to the original point of all of this. I don't know how man united fans could possibly get behind their managers approach to games whether they win or lose. Keith has listed their recent achievements but I couldn't give a sh*t to be honest. They're one of the most boring, negative teams I've ever seen and personally I'd rather go without a trophy winning it in that manner and try and do it our way, because when we do win one, it'll be f**king great.

Could not be arsed winning the FA cup final 1-0 with 20% possession and an own goal from Gary Cahill.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,166 posts | 514 
      Reply #371: Mar 21, 2018 10:43:56 pm

Gonna stick my nose into this one.Nah its a Liverpool forum/internet pub,i get you've got mates on here but someone walks into a Liverpool pub and mouths off like that,you'd be asked to shut up or get out,no? I've no time for the guy you're arguing with but shouting united's record doesn't sit right to me.But hey not my site.

Hey fella,

Just because Keith supports the "Enemy" doesn't mean he can't post the things he does. Right or wrong about listing what Man U have won, is no more than we would do on Red Café.
      And before you jump to any conclusions, no one, repeat no one dislikes the Mancs more than me.
      He comes in peace and that's fine by me and most others on here, just saying like.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #372: Mar 21, 2018 11:04:09 pm
      Hey fella,

Just because Keith supports the "Enemy" doesn't mean he can't post the things he does. Right or wrong about listing what Man U have won, is no more than we would do on Red Café.
      And before you jump to any conclusions, no one, repeat no one dislikes the Mancs more than me.
      He comes in peace and that's fine by me and most others on here, just saying like.
      You can't change peoples opinions with your own opinion Norfolk.
      Also, you can't possibly know "no one dislikes the Mancs" more than you.
      You have no way of providing evidence.
      Most people here don't post on Redcafe. Sh*t post.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #373: Mar 22, 2018 12:07:45 am
      I took plenty when Sevilla gave us a bashing last week.

Too little imo :(
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #374: Mar 22, 2018 02:25:44 am
      I could never understand why you would ever register on to a rivals forum let alone accumulate 4000 posts?!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #375: Mar 22, 2018 04:59:22 am
      Quote from HamannsTheMan
      Can't be bothered debating whether sevilla are a decent team or not. You think they're a top side, I don't. Most pundits and people involved in the game seem to agree with me though which is why united going out to them was such a big deal.

Moreno cost us the game against them in Spain and we weren't much better defending against them at home either. It was an absolute shambles in both legs. We wouldn't throw the games away now like we did then and we would see them both out comfortably.

You're just plain wrong about our teams under houllier and Rafa. We might not have been as gung ho as we are now but we were never considered bus parkers. Who called us that? Did the press/pundits/fans/other managers repeatedly call us bus parkers? Because apart from you, I've never ever heard that phrase associated with a liverpool team.

We were never considered negative. We were never thought of as a team who couldn't play football. We didn't let the opposition play infront of us and barely kick the ball for 90 minutes.

We were ranked #1 in Europe and had a midfield of Gerrard alonso and mascherano under Rafa, with Torres upfront. We had footballing defenders like agger and aurellio.  We even had a goalie who liked to play a bit of footy in Reina. We weren't no bus parking side.

I enjoyed some great nights during that era and I remember them very well. You can call us negative and bus parkers all you want but I'll keep telling you that you're wrong.

I'll prove it if you want and list facts about that era but I'd rather you didn't ask me too and instead just take a bit of time and watch some of our old games on YouTube or whatever instead. We were a very decent footballing side.

I'm no hypocrite like you're suggesting. If we parked the bus and were negative in our approach then I wouldn't be happy. I'd say I wasn't happy and I'd show my frustrations.

Even go through my posts, I've made plenty of comments in post match threads along the lines of 'we got the result but played very poorly today' and posters have jumped on my back and told me to just enjoy the win.

I know what you've said about them, and it baffles me. Why people pick holes after we've just destroyed the opposition 3 4 5 zip beats me.

Most British pundits knowledge of Spanish football consists of Real Madrid and Barcelona, everyone else from there is rubbish, and their dismissive attitude to the other European competition stinks. But you just don't get into the quarter finals of this competition, without being a decent side. How many times have Seville won a European trophy in recent years? More than the mancs anyway.

You can tell me I'm wrong about Rafa and Houllier if you want. I have my opinions and I back them up. Houllier was widely condemned at the time for the 0-0 draw in Barcelona, and questioned by Beckenbauer for parking the bus at home to Leverkusen. Benitez was attacked by Cryuff for the first 0-0 draw at Chelsea. So it's more than just me. The 2001 cup final in Cardiff was a park the bus job until we went behind. Then we started playing and rescued the game. You can argue we got the result we wanted and even I wouldn't dispute that, but in doing so you prove my point that fans of this, or any club, will accept any way of winning while it delivers results and trophies.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,166 posts | 514 
      Reply #376: Mar 22, 2018 06:25:31 am

Rib FFS grow up and read the post properly, I don't post on Red Cafe, I do pop in now and then for a look, especially when they are not doing well and the place is in meltdown.
      Not trying to change anyone's opinion, it's my opinion you tw*t.
      If you think it's a sh*t post fine, most of yours are anyway.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #377: Mar 22, 2018 07:06:06 am
      I know what you've said about them, and it baffles me. Why people pick holes after we've just destroyed the opposition 3 4 5 zip beats me.

Most British pundits knowledge of Spanish football consists of Real Madrid and Barcelona, everyone else from there is rubbish, and their dismissive attitude to the other European competition stinks. But you just don't get into the quarter finals of this competition, without being a decent side. How many times have Seville won a European trophy in recent years? More than the mancs anyway.

You can tell me I'm wrong about Rafa and Houllier if you want. I have my opinions and I back them up. Houllier was widely condemned at the time for the 0-0 draw in Barcelona, and questioned by Beckenbauer for parking the bus at home to Leverkusen. Benitez was attacked by Cryuff for the first 0-0 draw at Chelsea. So it's more than just me. The 2001 cup final in Cardiff was a park the bus job until we went behind. Then we started playing and rescued the game. You can argue we got the result we wanted and even I wouldn't dispute that, but in doing so you prove my point that fans of this, or any club, will accept any way of winning while it delivers results and trophies.

Mate, please just shut up
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #378: Mar 22, 2018 08:38:33 am

Bring it on Purplerain, or should that be money, I mean monkey  ;D I love the song so will make it purple rain  ;D I've said this time and time again and will continue to say it. When  United get beat the best site to be on is this one. I have more laughs on here than any other site. I love/enjoy the banter as it works both ways then with all the lads that do know each other can take this piss and have some fun slagging them off  ;D

The manc thread this year has been far to quite due to obvious reasons. It's great when it's opened up for take the piss time.  8)
      jimbo1962
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 875 posts | 102 
      Reply #379: Mar 22, 2018 09:44:56 am
      I could never understand why you would ever register on to a rivals forum let alone accumulate 4000 posts?!

I know.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #380: Mar 22, 2018 10:41:57 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Sorry rib' shouldn't laugh as I have posted some strange post here in my time...

(a) You can't change peoples opinions with your own opinion Norfolk....
      That what everyone here endevours to do, sometimes it happens some times it does not

(b)Also, you can't possibly know "no one dislikes the Mancs" more than you...
      Absolutely true

(c) Most people here don't post on Redcafe. Sh*t post....
      Using your own words..."You have no way of providing evidence.", so "you can't possibly know"

Understand what you were trying to say but just made me laugh
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #381: Mar 22, 2018 10:43:59 am
      Maybe he gets more intelligent conversation here  :f_whistle:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #382: Mar 22, 2018 10:59:55 am

Here the thing mate, Barca and Real are just so far a head or the others it just seems like the rest are sh*t. It is a bit like Man City this season... Look how far Utd,Chelsea Spurs, Arsenal and we are behind. I would not say that we are sh*t, nor are the Seville, Atl Madrid and Valencia's, Real and Barca still lose games to under dogs as do we all, these teams still have very good players, not all of them either play for Barca or Real nor do they wish too. Torres, Aguero and Griezmann all ex or current Atletico players... as you said " But you just don't get into the quarter finals of this competition, without being a decent side. How many times have Seville won a European trophy in recent years? More than the mancs anyway."
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #383: Mar 22, 2018 11:46:45 am

Possibly.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #384: Mar 22, 2018 11:54:19 am

Ive not got 4000 post but the cap seems to fit, you referring too me  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #385: Mar 22, 2018 11:57:36 am

Is he on about me?  :couch:
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #386: Mar 22, 2018 12:17:06 pm
      Ive not got 4000 post but the cap seems to fit, you referring too me  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

Yea I rounded you of to 4000.

Hard to really understand your motives, you're way too active in here.

Not going to worry about it too much though good luck to you.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #387: Mar 22, 2018 12:26:00 pm
      I like Keith - per the TW3 sketch - he performs a vital function in society.

We all need someone to look down on ;)
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,880 posts | 2695 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #388: Mar 22, 2018 01:20:16 pm
      Yea I rounded you of to 4000.

Hard to really understand your motives, you're way too active in here.

Not going to worry about it too much though good luck to you.

I've said this more times I care to remember, I prefer this forum than redcafe. For the record there're loads of Liverpool supporters that have thousands of post on redcafe. We may be rivals but the one thing we all have in common is we LOVE FOOTBALL!

It's not all about rivalry but I except with many it is. I very much enjoy this site and get on really well with plenty. I know some members ignore me coz they hate mancs FULL STOP.  I don't have any problem with that. Been a member on here long enough to know the manc haters now so I simply don't get involved in dialogue with them.

So once again my motives.. (( in a nut shell ))... Football and great banter with the lads that can give/take it both ways..

PS.. No explicit sex remarks with that last paragraph you know what I mean. ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #389: Mar 22, 2018 01:55:05 pm
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #390: Mar 22, 2018 02:39:04 pm

Rib FFS grow up and read the post properly, I don't post on Red Cafe, I do pop in now and then for a look, especially when they are not doing well and the place is in meltdown.
      Not trying to change anyone's opinion, it's my opinion you tw*t.
      If you think it's a sh*t post fine, most of yours are anyway.

How's that for acting grown up, way to lead by example!

Quick Reply