Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see us play in the quarterfinal?

Barcelona
      13 (13.1%)
      Real Madrid
      15 (15.2%)
      Juventus
      5 (5.1%)
      Bayern Munich
      4 (4%)
      Roma
      38 (38.4%)
      Sevilla
      22 (22.2%)
      Manchester City
      2 (2%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16

Read 42049 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Champions League Quarterfinal Draw - March 16
      Reply #414: Mar 27, 2018 05:13:44 pm
      In Short...
      As it stands, January signings can play for a second club in the Champions League or Europa League if they have already featured in that competition.

This is the only one I disagree with, but even having 12 subs is a bit too much imo.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #415: Mar 27, 2018 05:47:08 pm
      Champions League and Europa League: Uefa announces new rules
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43555381..

In Short...
      As it stands, January signings cannot play for a second club in the Champions League or Europa League if they have already featured in that competition.

A fourth substitute will be allowed in extra time of knockout ties, while 12 substitutes can be named in the finals.

Some Champions League group games will kick off earlier - at 17:55 BST/GMT.
      Wonder how much Barcelona influenced this. It all sounds fishy to me, next they'll be saying it is effective from the morning of Barcelona v Roma. One thing I will say, big clubs will be signing more players in the winter, and sorry Emre.. we are a big club so that means us too.
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #416: Mar 27, 2018 08:23:42 pm
      Wonder how much Barcelona influenced this. It all sounds fishy to me, next they'll be saying it is effective from the morning of Barcelona v Roma. One thing I will say, big clubs will be signing more players in the winter, and sorry Emre.. we are a big club so that means us too.
      Personally I think it is a good Idea... We buy Let's say Messi for £200m in January, and because he has already played for Barca in the CL we cannot play him... :f_doh: Plus it will open up and add a bit more spice to the January window, which can't be a bad thing  ;D

Plus the article when on to say that...

"The Gunners are able to pick Henrikh Mkhitaryan because his old club Manchester United were still in the Champions League when he moved, and not the Europa League. Similarly, Alexis Sanchez, who moved to United in a swap deal with Mkhitaryan, can play as Arsenal are not in the same competition as them."

Does not seem fair to me.

AS for the subs It say that...

A fourth substitute may be introduced in knockout matches - but only during extra time. This will not affect the other three substitutions.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #417: Mar 27, 2018 08:26:38 pm
      This is the only one I disagree with, but even having 12 subs is a bit too much imo.
      Sorry mate I don't think you have this one quite right, They would be cup tied as with Coutinho and Barca and the 4th sub would only apply if
      (a) if it was the Knockout stages of the CL....
      (b) only in the event of Extra time
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #418: Mar 27, 2018 08:37:55 pm
      Hello guys,

I don't think I'm in the right section, but I couldn't see the best place to post this. Hope you forgive me :)

Big LFC supporter from Holland here!

I've bought tickets for me and my dad for the LFC - MCFC game but lost them (Yes, I did :o).

I already bought the flight tickets and the hotel, so we are planning to go any way.

Anyone got a suggestion where I still might get some?

Thank you in advance!  :)
      How did you Pay... Debit or Credit card then you have "proof of purchase" and as long as you have purchase them from a Legitimate source you should be fine... Just in case Check with the local Police Station, or one in the area you lost them... You never know. Someone found £30,000 and handed it in  :) Worth the phone call or trip if you get them back...

By the way, Welcome to the forum 
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,839 posts | 701 
      Reply #419: Mar 27, 2018 08:44:11 pm
      Quote from The Real Donavan Ried
      Personally I think it is a good Idea... We buy Let's say Messi for £200m in January, and because he has already played for Barca in the CL we cannot play him... :f_doh: Plus it will open up and add a bit more spice to the January window, which can't be a bad thing  ;D

Yes it can, and yes it probably will. It will lead to more transfer requests, more transfers, and more instability amongst clubs.

Players were cup tied for very good reason, to stop them moving to more successful clubs as and when it suited. And it was one of the last things to keep players at the club they're currently with during a season.

The substitution rule change is long overdue and necessary. I also like the ko time changes, the first since 1996 for night games. But European Cup games will still be needlessly spread out over 2 nights, when all the UEFA Cup games should be on Tuesdays and all the European Cup games should be Wednesdays. Maybe both competitions would be taken seriously then.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #420: Mar 27, 2018 11:50:48 pm
      Yes it can, and yes it probably will. It will lead to more transfer requests, more transfers, and more instability amongst clubs.

Players were cup tied for very good reason, to stop them moving to more successful clubs as and when it suited. And it was one of the last things to keep players at the club they're currently with during a season.
      Yes hat could happen, but I believe only in a small amount of cases

The substitution rule change is long overdue and necessary. I also like the ko time changes, the first since 1996 for night games. But European Cup games will still be needlessly spread out over 2 nights, when all the UEFA Cup games should be on Tuesdays and all the European Cup games should be Wednesdays. Maybe both competitions would be taken seriously then.

Not sure about people not take the competitions seriously, but like your idea all the UFEA Cup game being played on Tuesdays and the Europa league game all being played on Wednesday

Quick Reply