Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

4th place now

Read 5058 times
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt
      • Started Topic

• 493 posts | 46 
      4th place now
      Mar 11, 2018 05:49:53 pm
      Spurs win so we've dropped again, looking closer than last week our CL spot, anyone concerned or not yet?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: 4th place now
      Reply #1: Mar 11, 2018 05:56:38 pm
      We should finish top 4. My bet is third, depends on us really but also Spurs. Kane went off injured so if hes out lets see what they're made of.

We need a reaction ourselves again now.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2: Mar 11, 2018 07:10:44 pm
      Spurs win so we've dropped again, looking closer than last week our CL spot, anyone concerned or not yet?

No need for panic as we are still 4 points clear of Chelsea and we still have to play them. We also have an easy to medium run in. Chelsea are the ones who should be worried.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #3: Mar 11, 2018 07:13:57 pm
      No need for panic as we are still 4 points clear of Chelsea and we still have to play them. We also have an easy to medium run in. Chelsea are the ones who should be worried.
      Chelsea and Spurs have to play each other too.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #4: Mar 11, 2018 07:17:24 pm
      We should finish top 4. My bet is third, depends on us really but also Spurs. Kane went off injured so if hes out lets see what they're made of.

We need a reaction ourselves again now.

Speak for yourself, I'm still thinking 2nd and a Champions League winners medal ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #5: Mar 11, 2018 07:24:49 pm
      I’m worried but the boys did the business last year in similar circumstances and I know they can do it again.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #6: Mar 11, 2018 08:02:08 pm
      I think we play twice before manure and spuds in the league so a chance to get points on the board (Watford H & Palace A) spuds next game is chelski so points dropped either way, just gotta take care of our own agenda. Put 6 points in the bank sit back and relax
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Mar 11, 2018 08:51:48 pm

I thought we would be guaranteed entry into the champions league when we win the champions league this season.Okay we had a bad result playing Manure and a bad ref,it will not happen again.(this season)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #8: Mar 11, 2018 09:22:43 pm
      I am fairly confident we will finish in the top 4 which is a decent enough performance from that squad. Hoping we can have some fun in Europe as well.

Not terribly excited about finishing 4th or 3rd or even 2nd but a million points behind the leaders though, even if someone manages to find a random period of time to say we're actually in title winning form, or tells me right now that we've just had the best 5.3 weeks and 7 hours spell since 1962-63.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,393 posts | 376 
      Reply #9: Mar 11, 2018 09:47:48 pm
      bar city away, uniteds fixtures look pretty tame, will be tough to catch them now.
      3rd will do me fine. champions league is dominating my mind now...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #10: Mar 12, 2018 04:12:03 am
      Ultimately not much difference between finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Higher the better but all the top 4 go into group stages now so not the end of the world not getting 2nd. Would love to finish above the Mancs though.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #11: Mar 12, 2018 04:19:47 am
      Man U are so frustrating. Every time I watch them they're just F***ing sh*te but they some how get the result. F**k knows how they're second with that many points because they really are dog sh*t. Even though we lost, we completely dominated the game on sat. Yes it's the result that matters at the end of the day but F***ing hell, I don't know how they've gotten away with it all season. They are nailed on for top four now.

Spurs, like us, keep surprising me. Whenever I expect them to drop points they don't. They just keep winning. I really like Spurs and how they play. They're the most entertaining team in the league behind us. I hope they get top four and I think they will.

That means it's between us and Chelsea. We have the easier fixtures but I expect Barca to knock them out which could be a blessing in disguise. We have European distractions and they won't.

Chelsea have also been awful this season from whenever I've seen them. We're a better team than them and we should finish above them. I'd fancy us to catch them if they were four points clear of us so the fact that we're four points ahead I'll be shocked if we F**k this up.

It's in our hands and we should finish top four comfortably. I'm not worried.

tomx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,244 posts | 229 
      Reply #12: Mar 12, 2018 11:43:44 am
      We play 2 games now before Chelsea-Spurs match (this weekend they both play in fa cup).
      If we pull 2 wins against Wattford and Palace, we will make massive step into top4 finish. We would have 10 point diff against Chelsea and 5 points against Spurs and both playing each other :)
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #13: Mar 12, 2018 11:58:27 am
      Man U are so frustrating. Every time I watch them they're just f**king sh*te but they some how get the result. F**k knows how they're second with that many points because they really are dog sh*t. Even though we lost, we completely dominated the game on sat. Yes it's the result that matters at the end of the day but f**king hell, I don't know how they've gotten away with it all season. They are nailed on for top four now.

Spurs, like us, keep surprising me. Whenever I expect them to drop points they don't. They just keep winning. I really like Spurs and how they play. They're the most entertaining team in the league behind us. I hope they get top four and I think they will.

That means it's between us and Chelsea. We have the easier fixtures but I expect Barca to knock them out which could be a blessing in disguise. We have European distractions and they won't.

Chelsea have also been awful this season from whenever I've seen them. We're a better team than them and we should finish above them. I'd fancy us to catch them if they were four points clear of us so the fact that we're four points ahead I'll be shocked if we f**k this up.

It's in our hands and we should finish top four comfortably. I'm not worried.

Sorry but we really did not dominate the game on Saturday, we had possession, especially in the second half, but we were not really threatening their goal at any point. It was one of those matches where we were 10-15% below par and they upped their game, it happens, move on.
      Plus also remember that they are a damned good team with excellent players, although they are quite negative tactically, but it seems to work for them.

Anyway I still fancy us to be in top 4, no idea what position though, I'd love to be above Manure but I can't really see it happening now.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #14: Mar 12, 2018 03:50:29 pm
      Ultimately not much difference between finishing 2nd, 3rd or 4th. Higher the better but all the top 4 go into group stages now so not the end of the world not getting 2nd. Would love to finish above the Mancs though.

It's only bragging rights nothing else. Give me 4th now and I'll jump at it. 2nd 3rd or 4th, it's all the same.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #15: Mar 12, 2018 03:57:43 pm
      Sorry but we really did not dominate the game on Saturday, we had possession, especially in the second half, but we were not really threatening their goal at any point. It was one of those matches where we were 10-15% below par and they upped their game, it happens, move on.
      Plus also remember that they are a damned good team with excellent players, although they are quite negative tactically, but it seems to work for them.

Anyway I still fancy us to be in top 4, no idea what position though, I'd love to be above Manure but I can't really see it happening now.

We still dominated the game though but I agree we lacked a cutting edge and we were a bit toothless in the final third. I mentioned this in my post match comments.

It's the result that counts but we had 65% possession or something crazy like that (let's remember where the game was played) and we made double the passes they had. Think we had almost double the shots too.

It was a frustrating afternoon for us. We were trying to walk the ball into the net at times and we had no plan B, or plan C, either.

Regarding top four I'm pretty sure we will be sound. Chelsea are crap.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,111 posts | 896 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #16: Mar 12, 2018 04:02:30 pm
      We play 2 games now before Chelsea-Spurs match (this weekend they both play in fa cup).
      If we pull 2 wins against Wattford and Palace, we will make massive step into top4 finish. We would have 10 point diff against Chelsea and 5 points against Spurs and both playing each other :)

Palace away not one of our happy hunting grounds....
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17: Mar 13, 2018 04:16:11 am
      It's only bragging rights nothing else. Give me 4th now and I'll jump at it. 2nd 3rd or 4th, it's all the same.

Especially this season because regardless who finishes 2nd, they will still be a good 20 odd points behind City, which in truth is pretty embarrassing that the so called best league in the world, has such a run away winner, that’s the kind of margin you expect in the French league with PSG.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Mar 13, 2018 04:37:12 am

Right on, just concentrate on our next game and win this

Let them worry about their games in hand.  :aaliverpool2xt1: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #19: Mar 13, 2018 07:13:55 am
      We still dominated the game though but I agree we lacked a cutting edge and we were a bit toothless in the final third. I mentioned this in my post match comments.

It's the result that counts but we had 65% possession or something crazy like that (let's remember where the game was played) and we made double the passes they had. Think we had almost double the shots too.

It was a frustrating afternoon for us. We were trying to walk the ball into the net at times and we had no plan B, or plan C, either.

Regarding top four I'm pretty sure we will be sound. Chelsea are crap.

Missed Coutinho long range efforts big time. There were a few opportunities for AOC to strike from outside the box but he hesitated and passed to the wing.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #20: Mar 13, 2018 07:58:27 am
      Especially this season because regardless who finishes 2nd, they will still be a good 20 odd points behind City, which in truth is pretty embarrassing that the so called best league in the world, has such a run away winner, that’s the kind of margin you expect in the French league with PSG.

I'm very much in agreement with you, the gap  between run away winners and the the ones making up the numbers...(( United - Liverpool - Spurs ))... Is very much a big concern. In reality can any of this year teams make up so much ground going into season 18/19??

I can't see it myself sadly. United do have the resources better than Liverpool ( on paper ) and players that need to go are the following.
      Fellaini, Dirty b***ard and it's like watching him play in slow motion.
      Herrera, can't mix it with the best and just a average squad player,
       lindelof, worse buy of the season and not even good enough to be a bench warmer,
       Rojo, always injured,
      Smalling, not quite good enough to partner Bailly, 
       Blind, Darmian. Both average but bench warmers for me,

Liverpool outs.
      Karius good enough for a No 2 so needs replacing.
      Ox Chamberlain. Just about makes the grade for a bench warmer and nothing else.
      Henderson, bit like Carrick and getting passed his sell by date along with Milner.
      Lovren, one of the worse players ever to grace a Livepool shirt. He'd be first gone if I was in charge.
      Mignolet, simply not good enough, sell and put funds towards a No 1
      Gomez doesn't make the grade, bench warmer at best.
      Moreno has the odd good game but very inconsistent.
      Klavan, no room for average player to take Liverpool forward.

Obviously my comments are in a ideal world which isn't going to happen, we can all pipe dream though! Can't we?  ;D

Get rid of the Above from both sides and replace with better players then it will be United & Liverpool 1st & 2nd ( in any order) along with the Champions league final United v Liverpool  ;D

KEITH!! "Wake up" Keith! "Wake up"  :lmao:
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #21: Mar 13, 2018 08:23:41 am
      A repeat of 2005 will do me. 5th place finish and a 6th Big Ears taaaaaa very much with the chavs missing out on CL as a result of the big win.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22: Mar 13, 2018 09:10:08 am
      Speak for yourself, I'm still thinking 2nd and a Champions League winners medal ;)

Oh Yes.                ;D

Quick Reply