Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Carragher filmed spitting after United game

Read 16049 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Carragher filmed spitting after United game
      Reply #92: Mar 12, 2018 04:15:32 pm
      Well said, at the end of the day, two wrongs don't make a right.

Would have be nice for Carra to have sorted himself and thought "this guy is an idiot and is endangering his child, I shouldn't do anything to escalate the danger or the situation". Alas he didn't and he'll likely face some sort of punishment for it but as you said, the father should face as severe or more.

I'm absolutely not defending Carra here (nor denouncing him as a legend, the two are separate for me)

But similar to the Bobby/Holgate  thing, because of the Bobby reaction the Holgate provocation was forgotten and not investigated

Carra was wrong but that shouldn't take away the other blokes actions

I had to do one of those driver awareness courses a couple of years ago and I was pissed off at being there because long story short my new born at the time wasn't very well in his first year and I had to go get a prescription which had taken far longer than expected and as the little man was he would have been bawling for 90mins.
      My Mrs rung me and I was stopped at traffic lights 3 mins from home.. the car kit didn't kick in so I picked up my phone (stationary) for 10 seconds and said I would be a couple of minutes.
      Police pulled me through the lights and did me.. kept me I  the car for a further 30 minutes even with me explaining I needed to get the prescription to my 8 month old.

On that course was a woman who was done doing 37 in a 30 on the way to giving birth

This tit shouldn't get away with this  let alone for Carraghers reaction
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2018 04:26:01 pm by Kopite78 »
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #93: Mar 12, 2018 04:19:27 pm
      Perhaps it would have been better, if Carra would have told this "nutter" to F**k off. It might of all blown over by all the fuss it has obviously caused.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #94: Mar 12, 2018 04:26:36 pm
      Looks like he's got away with it seeing as though i read he was on a 2 week planned break after the united game anyway due to only a handful of games for sky to show this weekend as it is.

He's one of us in one aspect. No doubt a legend with us and someone who eeked every last bit of ability he had to get himself where he is today so i dont begrudge him anything really.

But in another respect hes starting to become 'one of them'. A multi millionaire snearing at the people below. Theres a lot of contempt in this video and i'm not totally convinced it stems purely on the basis the blokes a manc.

Hopefully this will bring him back down to earth a bit because he's been erring on the wrong side of smug for a good while now. He's not untouchable, i'm sure he'son a final warning, so hopefully we start seeing a bit more humility in his work.

Are you basing this on a short video clip or his work on sky. Seems very harsh summary about being 'one of them' whatever that means, remember the coin throwing at highbury, pretty similar scenario in my book, a split second loss of self control\stupidity
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2018 04:31:04 pm by FATKOPITE10 »
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #95: Mar 12, 2018 04:48:15 pm
      Hello heimdall.

Here is that post you were quoting, oh hang on you didn't quote it obviously as you don't possess the intelligence to check what you say before you post -

The Kop / Re: Flanagan charged with assault
      « on: Jan 02, 2018 06:49:36 pm »
      I used to like Flanno.

A sad story indeed, hopefully he can get help with his issues but i can't see his employment continuing here. Have no desire to lambast the boy as i have no idea exactly what happened or why.

That was my only post on that matter, please check my post history to confirm this. Please be very careful what you post as comments like that can be very damaging to make, as i said you don't know me.

I clearly state i am disappointed with Flanno but i have no desire to lambast the boy until i have established exactly what he did and why he did it. Also bear in mind that at the time of this post that he hadn't actually been charged so the full details of the assault were not in the public domain, hence my reluctance to comment on the matter.

So to be clear, i suggest you find the poster who did use that charming phrase and vilify the aforementioned poster. An apology would be nice but i wouldn't expect one from you anyway.

Posters like you are very dangerous, imagine spreading lies like that in your local community and tarnishing the name of an innocent person? Like i said, check your facts before posting, make a bit more of an effort and it will stop you spinning webs of lies and deceit.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't that make you the gobs***e?

OK in that case I apologise to you for misquoting you on the Flanagan issue, but I still cannot fathom your defending of Carragher here, especially when he himself has come out and said he is 100% guilty no ifs or buts.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #96: Mar 12, 2018 04:55:12 pm
      Neville ain't photogenic though...but kept his job...

Anyone remember this from him..

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/972977274948673536

I loved this prank, cracks me up every time I hear it! Neville - 'Who's Tony Adams? Kid 'used to play for Arsenal?' Neville - 'Shut up ya f***in dick'. Priceless!

I'm not sure it compares so well to this though.

When I heard the story this morning I assumed the manc was being a proper abusive tw*t but there's no evidence of that on the video. It doesn't look good at all and whether or not he intended to hit the vehicle & the people in it with spit will be immaterial because of the way spitting is viewed in Britain. He almost might have been better off getting out of the car and lamping the fella.

I'm not one of the 'moral outrage' brigade, in fact I can't abide the PC 'faux anger/outrage' that gets bandied about by all and sundry but Carra's reaction to some fairly tame banter was pretty disgusting and I suspect he may very well lose his job at Sky as a result.

I always assumed he would go down the coaching route and I wonder if this incident may see him back at Melwood or at the Academy working with Stevie before long?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #97: Mar 12, 2018 05:04:41 pm
      I loved this prank, cracks me up every time I hear it! Neville - 'Who's Tony Adams? Kid 'used to play for Arsenal?' Neville - 'Shut up ya f***in dick'. Priceless!

I'm not sure it compares so well to this though.

When I heard the story this morning I assumed the manc was being a proper abusive tw*t but there's no evidence of that on the video. It doesn't look good at all and whether or not he intended to hit the vehicle & the people in it with spit will be immaterial because of the way spitting is viewed in Britain. He almost might have been better off getting out of the car and lamping the fella.

I'm not one of the 'moral outrage' brigade, in fact I can't abide the PC 'faux anger/outrage' that gets bandied about by all and sundry but Carra's reaction to some fairly tame banter was pretty disgusting and I suspect he may very well lose his job at Sky as a result.

I always assumed he would go down the coaching route and I wonder if this incident may see him back at Melwood or at the Academy working with Stevie before long?

That's only because it was Carra's reaction and the video was filmed by the divvy trying to wind him up so of course he's not going to film himself giving carra sh*te. Tbh that isn't just a reaction to "tame banter"

What is it Jamie has got against mancs' cars. First keying Ince's missus car now this!!
      « Last Edit: Mar 12, 2018 05:12:25 pm by HUYTON RED »
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #98: Mar 12, 2018 05:21:37 pm
      I'd imagine Range Rovers have pretty good sound proofed glazing.

Multi-millionaire winding down his window on his ÂŁ80k car to spit on us plebs probably isn't a good look. 

Not a good look at all and to be honest the manc winding him up isn't exactly going all out. All I hear is him shouting 2-1.

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #99: Mar 12, 2018 05:33:06 pm

As for the father - hardly the sort of example in fatherhood you want to set, goading and filming a fellow adult while you are driving and then continuing to film AFTER the spitting incident. Immature to say the least.     

It's embarrassing that the 14 year old girl acted more of an adult compared to the pair of pricks either side of her.

Spot on - already said Carra has badly let himself down.

The lack of outrage on the part of the father though was utterly pathetic. He seemed more pleased to have something on an LFC player than he was f***in’ ragin’ at the disgraceful treatment of his child.

Cannot imagine someone/anyone grogging all over one of my lads and going “ooooh look #### has just coughed up their lungs on my son, well fancy that”.

Would’ve followed him to his f***in’ grave.
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,937 posts | 502 
      Reply #100: Mar 12, 2018 05:43:49 pm
      Spot on - already said Carra has badly let himself down.

The lack of outrage on the part of the father though was utterly pathetic. He seemed more pleased to have something on an LFC player than he was f***in’ ragin’ at the disgraceful treatment of his child.

Cannot imagine someone/anyone grogging all over one of my lads and going “ooooh look #### has just coughed up their lungs on my son, well fancy that”.

Would’ve followed him to his f***in’ grave.

Yeah, you could practically hear the cash register turning in his head - "Hmm, Jamie Carragher's just spat on my daughter". Literally pondering it aloud while his daughter has just been spat on.

However, the fact that this guy is a pr**k obviously doesn't excuse Carragher in any way. It's disgusting behaviour from him, end of story. Some of the mental/moral gymnastics going on in this thread to make excuses for him are ridiculous.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #101: Mar 12, 2018 06:03:47 pm
      Yeah, you could practically hear the cash register turning in his head - "Hmm, Jamie Carragher's just spat on my daughter". Literally pondering it aloud while his daughter has just been spat on.

However, the fact that this guy is a pr**k obviously doesn't excuse Carragher in any way. It's disgusting behaviour from him, end of story. Some of the mental/moral gymnastics going on in this thread to make excuses for him are ridiculous.

Dreadful behaviour agreed.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #102: Mar 12, 2018 06:11:59 pm
      Carra should be fired with immediate effect.
      Driver needs 6 points for operating phone whilst driving.

Done, move on.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #103: Mar 12, 2018 06:16:30 pm

Done, move on.

It's a pretty grim thing to do but don't think he should be fired.

Have a think about it. Would you like to lose your job over a moment of madness?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #104: Mar 12, 2018 06:25:25 pm
      It's a pretty grim thing to do but don't think he should be fired.

Have a think about it. Would you like to lose your job over a moment of madness?

Considering Kirsty Gallagher is still with Sky after getting done for drink driving, Jamie won't be getting fired.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4876 
      Reply #105: Mar 12, 2018 06:27:43 pm
      Considering Kirsty Gallagher is still with Sky after getting done for drink driving, Jamie won't be getting fired.

Yep.

It was a ridiculous thing to do and a huge over reaction from Carra but he won't, and shouldn't, get fired.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #106: Mar 12, 2018 06:28:23 pm
      Not a good look at all and to be honest the manc winding him up isn't exactly going all out. All I hear is him shouting 2-1.

Nope, hardly anything shouted.

Remember the Liverpool fans giving it to Ronaldo in his car so he flicked the middle finger and sped off?

https://youtu.be/-gv0GgjiLjw

Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #107: Mar 12, 2018 06:34:45 pm
      That's only because it was Carra's reaction and the video was filmed by the divvy trying to wind him up so of course he's not going to film himself giving carra sh*te. Tbh that isn't just a reaction to "tame banter"

What is it Jamie has got against mancs' cars. First keying Ince's missus car now this!!

Yeah I do wonder what’s happened previously. The way the dad talks in the video it suggests that he has just spotted Carra for the first time but the daughters response seems to suggest that it might have been going on for longer. Either way though I can’t think of what he might have said to get that sort of response from Carra. I flicking love Carra, was my fave LFC player over Stevie in the last 15 years so I’m disappointed to see him do that.

Should he be sacked? Not my decision to make and it’ll be up to Sky to decide whether they want to ride out the criticism. I think he’ll be suspended, fined and then embark on some charitable PR. I won’t have a problem with that because everyone makes mistakes and this one will haunt Carra for a while yet.
      Kopite78
      Reply #108: Mar 12, 2018 06:44:15 pm

Done, move on.

Nah.

The driver gets six points, he gets to drive home.. another chance

Carra should get a second chance too

I'm all for carrot and stick rather than just beating with the stick
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Reply #109: Mar 12, 2018 06:59:00 pm
      It is a disgraceful thing for Carra to do and as far as I'm concerned he should be fired from his job. If I spat at a customer in work then I'd be fired without a leg to stand on in defending myself.

But he didn't spit at the girl, it just hit her - if it actually did. And if it did, I'm sure the fella driving would have got that on camera to. Judging by the video, the wind takes it past the car. And the fella in the car already had his phone on record before Carra had even wound down his windows. So the fella had obviously already been chirping away Carra before the incident. We don't know how long they've been giving Carra grief.

Carragher is totally wrong for spitting in the direction of another human. And should be punished for it. The fella driving is totally wrong. And should be punished for it.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #110: Mar 12, 2018 07:55:56 pm
      It is a disgraceful thing for Carra to do and as far as I'm concerned he should be fired from his job. If I spat at a customer in work then I'd be fired without a leg to stand on in defending myself.

But he didn't spit at the girl, it just hit her - if it actually did. And if it did, I'm sure the fella driving would have got that on camera to. Judging by the video, the wind takes it past the car. And the fella in the car already had his phone on record before Carra had even wound down his windows. So the fella had obviously already been chirping away Carra before the incident. We don't know how long they've been giving Carra grief.

Carragher is totally wrong for spitting in the direction of another human. And should be punished for it. The fella driving is totally wrong. And should be punished for it.

He wasn't at work though was he?So i'd be pissed off if i got the sack from work for getting in a bit of a shouty fight on the way home.Dude was F***ing stupid just keep ya window shut and crank the tunes.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 188 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #111: Mar 12, 2018 08:02:09 pm
      It seems to be every other week somebody linked to the club lets it down in some way. What is going on?

Disgraceful behaviour from carragher. Disgusting. What sort of 40 year old bloke behaves like that? In his position as well? Scum.

I'd rather somebody headbutt me than spit at me. It's the lowest of the low as far as I'm concerned. If somebody spat at me like that they'd be going home with a knuckle sandwich and no teeth trust me. No person should ever!ever do what is deemed in anger like that Scandalous.Should Be Sacked.

Maybe I'm mistaken but I'm pretty sure carragher had something to say about diouf spitting at a Celtic fan when he was on our books too.

Sickened by some of our fans on social media saying things like 'haha is right carra lad', 'it's only a dirty manc' etc etc. Just vile.

Sky should sack him. But if they choose to keep him on then I hope they punish him in some way.

In the meantime carragher should donate something to the victims choice of charity. He should treat him and his family to a match of his choice all paid for etc too. It's the least he can do.

If an ex united player did that to a liverpool fan I'd be outraged, id be so angry and livid. I doubt carragher will ever go to Manchester again after this, he's just made himself a huge target for violence and abuse.

alsmal
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,521 posts | 33 
      • Right or wrong, its MY opinion.
      Reply #112: Mar 12, 2018 08:07:59 pm
      I think we have to question outselves as society and the use of social media when people think it’s a great idea to wind people up to the point of breaking / exploding and filming it for entertainment. The instigators cry foul when something like this happens and plead the innocent party. I don’t agree with Carra’s reaction and can’t believe he did it. But I think he doesn’t deserve to lose his job. Suspension is the fair thing along with some sort of community payback.  I do however think the Dad should get 3 points and a fine for use of his mobile whilst driving.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,662 posts | 2656 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #113: Mar 12, 2018 08:19:34 pm

Done, move on.

He's not getting sacked mate...
      Redangel

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #114: Mar 12, 2018 08:23:05 pm
      Dreadful behaviour, yes, fully admitted by Carra. Should he lose his job, no way. Too many on here taking the moral high ground, obviously never done anything stupid or disgusting when angry!
      Gary Neville has publicly condemned him, but said he’s worked with him for 3 years and hopes they can still work together.
      People commit murder and get less aggro than this. He made a huge mistake, let’s not crucify him!

Quick Reply