Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Carragher filmed spitting after United game

Read 16331 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Re: Carragher filmed spitting after United game
      Reply #69: Mar 12, 2018 01:51:04 pm
      I condemned him if you could be arsed to read

You didn't condemn him, you just said that he was "out of order". Hardly a condemnatory phrase.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Re: Re: Pundits and Commentators
      Reply #70: Mar 12, 2018 01:56:48 pm
      Would love to know what that manc said to get that reaction!!

Just saying.

There's no excuse though mate. None at all.

I could have a dirty horrible manc saying all sorts in my face. Still wouldn't spit at him or his kid.

It's low. Really low.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #71: Mar 12, 2018 01:57:01 pm
      Carra may have done us all a favour if he takes that down with him. F**k I hate that advert.

😂
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3419 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #72: Mar 12, 2018 01:58:29 pm
      I'd love to find an excuse for Carra's reaction but he's left himself wide open with his reaction...

I don't think it warrants loosing his job over...

Kirsty Gallacher got done for drink driving & Sky kept her job, Why should Carra loose his?...

The cynic is me suggests carra isn't as photogenic
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #73: Mar 12, 2018 01:58:59 pm
      Oh give it a rest, i said he was absolutely out of order,what do want, carragher to be flogged, beaten, waterboarded ? My mum is dead by the way. If someone deliberately spat at someone like that it would be worse but seriously you need to calm down and stop getting your panties in a twist

You've said yourself spitting at somebody and their child is no big deal. What were your words? The moral outrage nowadays gets on your tits?

I think it says more about you than it does me for being sickened, disappointed and just down right pissed off with carragher to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your mother.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,459 posts | 4587 
      Reply #74: Mar 12, 2018 02:06:54 pm
      The cynic is me suggests carra isn't as photogenic

Neville ain't photogenic though...but kept his job...

Anyone remember this from him..

https://twitter.com/piesportsbooze/status/972977274948673536
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,435 posts | 3419 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #75: Mar 12, 2018 02:08:31 pm
      You've said yourself spitting at somebody and their child is no big deal. What were your words? The moral outrage nowadays gets on your tits?

I think it says more about you than it does me for being sickened, disappointed and just down right pissed off with carragher to be honest.

Sorry to hear about your mother.

Never said it was no big deal, but the level of reaction doesn't fit the crime
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #76: Mar 12, 2018 02:20:18 pm
      'Suspended' by Sky Sports.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,009 posts | 3953 
      Reply #77: Mar 12, 2018 02:23:05 pm
      Hello heimdall.

Here is that post you were quoting, oh hang on you didn't quote it obviously as you don't possess the intelligence to check what you say before you post -

The Kop / Re: Flanagan charged with assault
      « on: Jan 02, 2018 06:49:36 pm »
      I used to like Flanno.

A sad story indeed, hopefully he can get help with his issues but i can't see his employment continuing here. Have no desire to lambast the boy as i have no idea exactly what happened or why.

That was my only post on that matter, please check my post history to confirm this. Please be very careful what you post as comments like that can be very damaging to make, as i said you don't know me.

I clearly state i am disappointed with Flanno but i have no desire to lambast the boy until i have established exactly what he did and why he did it. Also bear in mind that at the time of this post that he hadn't actually been charged so the full details of the assault were not in the public domain, hence my reluctance to comment on the matter.

So to be clear, i suggest you find the poster who did use that charming phrase and vilify the aforementioned poster. An apology would be nice but i wouldn't expect one from you anyway.

Posters like you are very dangerous, imagine spreading lies like that in your local community and tarnishing the name of an innocent person? Like i said, check your facts before posting, make a bit more of an effort and it will stop you spinning webs of lies and deceit.

Please correct me if i'm wrong, but doesn't that make you the gobs***e?

Really have no idea how the F***ing idiot is still posting nonsense on this forum, he is indeed a gobs***e.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 836 
      Reply #78: Mar 12, 2018 02:33:43 pm
      Jesus F***ing Christ! What kind of a pussy f**king world are we living in? I've just watched the f**king video, all those slagging Carra off need to have a f**king word with themselves!

Fact 1: He spat at the car not the girl.

Fact 2: The scabby Manc c**t exploited a highly volatile situation while endangering the safety of his daughter.

Fact 3: He is very lucky Carra didn't block him up and get out of the car and batter him.

Right then -

Let's look at this objectively -

- Jamie is driving home and is obviously extremely upset at the result and weak showing from our side at Old Trafford. He is extremely angry and probably on the edge of a breakdown.

- Scabby Manc supporter whilst in control of a moving vehicle (while carrying his daughter in vehicle) starts filming Carragher and winding him up.

- To further exaggerate the situation he winds the window down and continues with the wind up, while still filming Carragher while he is in control of a moving vehicle (with his own daughter in vehicle), endangering the life of his daughter, pedestrians and other road users.

- Carragher spits at the car, the f**king car, it is not his intention to spit at the girl at all. The only reason some spit lands on her (no actual proof of this in the video) is because the responsible father (who clearly values the safety of his daughter over his own self gratification and chance of slight fame (sarcasm intended) has wound his window down to shout at Carragher. I highly doubt that any person could spit a distance of 3-4 metres at a speed in excess of 30 mph given the turbulence created by the moving vehicle. How often have you spat out of your window and had it all over the side of your car / van?

- His daughter tells him to stop it but he continues to wind Carragher up with no concern for his daughter's warning.

- Watch the video fully, it is raining, the windscreen wipers are on, the odds are in the favour of the fluid landing on her being rain water landing on her from the throw off from the wipers onto the A pillar and the fact the window is fully open while the vehicle is travelling at speed.

I have had a f**king gutsful of people jumping on Carra at every chance they get. The man is a legend, a f**king legend. Has he done bad things in his life? Yes he has. Haven't we all?

My primary cause for concern in all this is that not one poster has gone after the father who has endangered the life of his daughter to try and claim a bit of fame (the sad c**t). There was every possibility that this situation could have ended violently, he could have been battered in front of his own daughter. This c**t could have killed a pedestrian while filming, he could have killed his daughter, he could have killed himself (done the world a favour) or killed another road user, he could also have caused Carra to kill a pedestrian, himself or another road user by inciting a possibly violent situation for nothing.

This c**t is a father, it is his duty to protect his child/children at all times. Do you think his wife is going to pat him on the back when he gets home? There is no stronger bond than a mother and child, does anybody on this forum think his wife will congratulate him on his minute amount of fame while endangering her daughter's life?

And to those saying that people use their phones while driving all the time? Shame on you. Go and say that to all the families who go to counselling meetings to come to terms with losing their loved ones. A friend of mine was killed in 2007 when he was thrown from his bike in a collision with a woman who was texting her friend while crossing a dual carriageway. My friend died and the slag got a 2 year ban and a £250 fine. She should die.

Please feel free to come and pass on your comments to his mother and father, i'm sure they will welcome them.

I'm with Carra on this one, all the f**king way. Thankfully he didn't get out of the car and beat the c**t to death.

You make a lot of sense mate and I agree, why is no one having a go at the Dad who clearly provoked the situation? while filming and DRIVING at the same time just to gain minutes of fame and attention.

I still think Carra should have just ignored and but emotions let him down, it happens and it can happen to any of us. Plus he isn't the first and won't be the last. He apologized and we move on
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,386 posts | 2823 
      Reply #79: Mar 12, 2018 02:39:54 pm
      It's one thing losing your head and shouting a lot of sh*te back or something like that but spitting? Absolutely scumbag behaviour and he'll rightly lose his job for it.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #80: Mar 12, 2018 02:50:41 pm
      Looks like he's got away with it seeing as though i read he was on a 2 week planned break after the united game anyway due to only a handful of games for sky to show this weekend as it is.

He's one of us in one aspect. No doubt a legend with us and someone who eeked every last bit of ability he had to get himself where he is today so i dont begrudge him anything really.

But in another respect hes starting to become 'one of them'. A multi millionaire snearing at the people below. Theres a lot of contempt in this video and i'm not totally convinced it stems purely on the basis the blokes a manc.

Hopefully this will bring him back down to earth a bit because he's been erring on the wrong side of smug for a good while now. He's not untouchable, i'm sure he'son a final warning, so hopefully we start seeing a bit more humility in his work.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #81: Mar 12, 2018 03:04:17 pm
      while filming and DRIVING at the same time just to gain minutes of fame and attention.

With, ironically, 'How to Save a Life' playing on the car radio.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #82: Mar 12, 2018 03:07:01 pm
      Why should Sky have different standards? If Jeremy Clarkson loses his job on Top Gear at the BBC by punching a producer then spitting at a member of public surely constitutes as just a reason for sacking? Thoroughly embarrassing and shameful behaviour.

As for the father - hardly the sort of example in fatherhood you want to set, goading and filming a fellow adult while you are driving and then continuing to film AFTER the spitting incident. Immature to say the least.     

It's embarrassing that the 14 year old girl acted more of an adult compared to the pair of pricks either side of her.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #83: Mar 12, 2018 03:08:29 pm
      Why should Sky have different standards? If Jeremy Clarkson loses his job on Top Gear at the BBC by punching a producer then spitting at a member of public surely constitutes as just a reason for sacking? Thoroughly embarrassing and shameful behaviour.

As for the father - hardly the sort of example in fatherhood you want to set, goading and filming a fellow adult while you are driving and then continuing to film AFTER the spitting incident. Immature to say the least.     

It's embarrassing that the 14 year old girl acted more of an adult compared to the pair of pricks either side of her.

Nutshell.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 836 
      Reply #84: Mar 12, 2018 03:19:58 pm

They probably won't, but Carra will probably get a job with Bein sports if he gets sacked, easy. They would take him in Qatar.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #85: Mar 12, 2018 03:26:26 pm
      Just seen highlights of an interview he's done with Sky.

To be fair, and what I expect, he does look visibly upset by the whole thing.

I just hope it's for the right reasons and not because his career is on the line.

Can you imagine carraghers reaction if we had won on Saturday, and he was saying 2-1 to a United fan, and they spat at his daughter????

I hope he makes a kind gesture of some sort as a small consolation for all of this.

Gary Neville has also tweeted to carras defence saying it was an isolated incident and he hopes they remain colleagues.  I'll never defend carragher for this and he deserves whatever punishment he gets but I thought that was a nice touch.

How is Gary Neville coming across as a sound bloke and carra is looking like a tit? Would never have thought that ten years ago!
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,013 posts | 2715 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #86: Mar 12, 2018 03:38:00 pm
      Just heard from a very good source he's not being sacked. I'm glad really as love watching the banter with him & Neville on MNF. Not condemning what he did as it was disgraceful. When your biggest rivals beat you on the pitch tempers can and do get volatile.

He'd of learned a lot from it and won't be making that mistake again.
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,246 posts | 923 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #87: Mar 12, 2018 03:58:10 pm
      One thing that's certain, if i had a kid and someone spat in their face deliberately or not my first thought wouldn't be 'how much can i sell this to a paper for' but then even during terrorist attacks people's first instict seems to be reach for the camera

But that doesn't justify what Carra did. Especially to a kid, lost all respect for him
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,201 posts | 836 
      Reply #88: Mar 12, 2018 03:59:04 pm

But that doesn't justify what Carra did. Especially to a kid

No it doesn't

but the outrage is OTT , IMO.
      Kopite78
      Reply #89: Mar 12, 2018 04:05:45 pm
      Look I'll say at the top here Carra was bang out of order with his reaction..

But I've heard locally today that what we have seen isn't the whole story, that it was going on well before the video records and the lad was really going at Carra

Then starts to get a response and records

Again Carra is bang out of order but I hope the one winding Carra up and recording him whilst driving gets done for that. He deserves points and a fine too

Again Carra is wrong and deserves the criticism he gets but that other bloke is far from innocent as he or the media is portraing

I'm.very disappointed in him as a Liverpool legend, I hope he gets and takes his punishment but I certainly won't hang him out to dry
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      Reply #90: Mar 12, 2018 04:08:01 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6386 
      Reply #91: Mar 12, 2018 04:11:20 pm
      Look I'll say at the top here Carra was bang out of order with his reaction..

But I've heard locally today that what we have seen isn't the whole story, that it was going on well before the video records and the lad was really going at Carra

Then starts to get a response and records

Again Carra is bang out of order but I hope the one winding Carra up and recording him whilst driving gets done for that. He deserves points and a fine too

Again Carra is wrong and deserves the criticism he gets but that other bloke is far from innocent as he or the media is portraing

I'm.very disappointed in him as a Liverpool legend, I hope he gets and takes his punishment but I certainly won't hang him out to dry

Well said, at the end of the day, two wrongs don't make a right.

Would have be nice for Carra to have sorted himself and thought "this guy is an idiot and is endangering his child, I shouldn't do anything to escalate the danger or the situation". Alas he didn't and he'll likely face some sort of punishment for it but as you said, the father should face as severe or more.

Quick Reply