Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Carragher filmed spitting after United game

Read 16047 times
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Re: Carragher filmed spitting after United game
      Reply #115: Mar 12, 2018 08:42:51 pm
      OK in that case I apologise to you for misquoting you on the Flanagan issue, but I still cannot fathom your defending of Carragher here, especially when he himself has come out and said he is 100% guilty no ifs or buts.

Of course he was guilty, i never said he wasn't. I am defending Carra because he was obviously baited here. If he doesn't get baited then there is nothing to see. Does anyone honestly believe that the video on the website is the full version?

How different this discussion would have been had that w**ker knocked someone over and killed them while filming. The comment from the daughter telling him to stop leads me to believe that this was going on long before the camera was introduced, it is also possible that the video was edited.

Having read an article online, Carra has said he was goaded 3 to 4 times while being filmed, if true then it is no wonder he snapped.

I know Carra is a mad man at times but i don't think he would have reacted like that just to a shout of 2-1, do you?

Never mind, the tosser gets his fifteen minutes of fame.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #116: Mar 12, 2018 08:53:51 pm
      What's probably more upsetting than anything else is that it's a real kick in the balls for the city and it's character.
      It would have to happen on the day one of the city of Liverpool's funniest comedians ever, died :( taking all the limelight off Doddy's farewell.

Today's society is way so different to what it was 20/30 years ago so It wouldn't surprise me Jamie get's forgiven and reinstated.
      He will have been on a mega bucks contract with Sky, probably in the region of 150-200K along with Rednapp, Neville, Henry and Souness so if anyones gonna be mad with him it's be his wife and kids.

When you think of how England cricket player Ben Stokes can kick the F**k out of someone on cctv and walk straight back into the team without so much as a bowl of porridge.

Trial by Social Media these days :f_tongueincheek:

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #117: Mar 12, 2018 08:57:48 pm
      What's probably more upsetting than anything else is that it's a real kick in the balls for the city and it's character.
      It would have to happen on the day one of the city of Liverpool's funniest comedians ever, died :( taking all the limelight off Doddy's farewell.

Today's society is way so different to what it was 20/30 years ago so It wouldn't surprise me Jamie get's forgiven and reinstated.
      He will have been on a mega bucks contract with Sky, probably in the region of 150-200K along with Rednapp, Neville, Henry and Souness so if anyones gonna be mad with him it's be his wife and kids.

When you think of how England cricket player Ben Stokes can kick the f**k out of someone on cctv and walk straight back into the team without so much as a bowl of porridge.

Trial by Social Media these days :f_tongueincheek:

Stokes missed about 6 months of cricket and still faces a trial in august so he has hardly got away scott free
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #118: Mar 12, 2018 09:05:58 pm
      Stokes missed about 6 months of cricket and still faces a trial in august so he has hardly got away scott free

True FK10 but they still put him back into the team.
      Will they put Jamie C back on MNF with Gary N in the next few weeks?
      Probably not, which is why, in today's society a lot of the decisions these days are based on some shakey hand held mobile phone footage.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #119: Mar 12, 2018 09:20:27 pm
      True FK10 but they still put him back into the team.
      Will they put Jamie C back on MNF with Gary N in the next few weeks?
      Probably not, which is why, in today's society a lot of the decisions these days are based on some shakey hand held mobile phone footage.

Does help if you are one of the best players
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #120: Mar 12, 2018 11:03:06 pm
      Only goes to show how much you can lose your head after getting beat by those tw*ts at that dump!!
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #121: Mar 12, 2018 11:13:32 pm
      Blessing in disguuse. Come back to the club to train Lovren how to be a proper defender, minus the spitting. On the contrary, it just shows how much passion he still has for the club but the players, tactics and commitment of the players let him and the fans down badly.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #122: Mar 12, 2018 11:35:25 pm
      Driver should be done for being on his phone.
      Carra suspended for unprofessional conduct.

Both shown themselves to be tramps to be quite honest.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #123: Mar 13, 2018 12:14:35 am
      Carry fu**ed up and he will face the repercussions of his actions. Can't defend him no matter how much we loved him in a Liverpool shirt.

Not a good look for the Club at all.

Just keep thinking of that c**t El Hadji F***ing Diouf and I never wanted to think of him again!
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #124: Mar 13, 2018 12:39:35 am
      So disappointed in him. Provocation is no real excuse. How can he put things right. Can't buy respect..once it's gone...it's gone.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #125: Mar 13, 2018 12:47:05 pm
      So disappointed in him. Provocation is no real excuse. How can he put things right. Can't buy respect..once it's gone...it's gone.

Yes you are right, respect cannot be bought but it can be earned. The good far outweighs the bad as far as Carragher is concerned.

After watching his interview on Sly yesterday you could see he was visibly distraught at what had happened. Hopefully he keeps his job as i really enjoy watching him and Ratboy.

Everyone makes mistakes, every single one of us. He will learn from this and come back stronger, of that i have no doubt.

Jamie Carragher - You'll Never Walk Alone
      redclocker
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 42 posts |
      Reply #126: Mar 13, 2018 02:56:17 pm
      man spits at car following road rage incident

it's that boring

Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #127: Mar 13, 2018 03:21:05 pm
      man spits at car following road rage incident

it's that boring

Famous man spits in the general direction of a young girl in a car....will make the news..

The fall out over it will rage for 2/3 days. Carra will lie low for a while. He might get the benefit and be able to restart his broadcasting career. Plenty of famous sportsmen have messed up and been able to put it behind themselves and move on.

But it's very difficult to say how much this will damage Carra. Very difficult. In the street could be a civil lawsuit...trespass to the person.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #128: Mar 13, 2018 03:37:39 pm
      Don't know if at this stage the FA have become involved with a charge of " bringing the game into disrepute".

May be that is the way to go with this. A disrepute charge....large fine...warning about future conduct. Move on and learn a lesson Jamie Carragher. Bout the only time I've said the FA should act.

But they might claim the incident is not within their jurisdiction. Well I would say it was football related and a large fine and serious reprimand is the way to go.
      « Last Edit: Mar 13, 2018 03:54:48 pm by Harrisimo »
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #129: Mar 13, 2018 03:53:49 pm
      Don't if at this stage the FA have become involved with a charge of " bringing the game into disrepute".

May be that is the way to go with this. A disrepute charge....large fine...warning about future conduct. Move on and learn a lesson Jamie Carragher. Bout the only time I've said the FA should act.

But they might claim the incident is not within their jurisdiction. Well I would say it was football related and a large fine and serious reprimand is the way to go.

Its got F**k all to do with the FA mate Im sure you go round the threads on a wind up.
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #130: Mar 13, 2018 04:02:08 pm
      Its got f**k all to do with the FA mate Im sure you go round the threads on a wind up.

Bit of a poor post. No I don't wind posters up in the slightest. I say my bit, try not to offend. If your offended by any of my posts I sincerely apologise.

On the FA thing I did say it might not come under their jurisdiction, so I did cover that point.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #131: Mar 13, 2018 04:06:59 pm
      Driver getting done now for using his phone whilst driving.
      Disgusting what Carra done but the father was the one putting the girl at risk.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #132: Mar 13, 2018 04:07:31 pm
      Bit of a poor post. No I don't wind posters up in the slightest. I say my bit, try not to offend. If your offended by any of my posts I sincerely apologise.

On the FA thing I did say it might not come under their jurisdiction, so I did cover that point.

I will try to improve my posts in the future.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #133: Mar 13, 2018 11:21:34 pm
      The bizzies are going to speak to Carra and the pr**k in the other car.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,088 posts | 1046 
      Reply #134: Mar 13, 2018 11:34:39 pm
      Yes you are right, respect cannot be bought but it can be earned. The good far outweighs the bad as far as Carragher is concerned.

After watching his interview on Sly yesterday you could see he was visibly distraught at what had happened. Hopefully he keeps his job as i really enjoy watching him and Ratboy.

Everyone makes mistakes, every single one of us. He will learn from this and come back stronger, of that i have no doubt.

Jamie Carragher - You'll Never Walk Alone

Boom. Perfectly said. I’m a cop in America, and I do often see the worst moments in people. However, MOST of the people I see who do unlawful things that get me called out aren’t bad people, but rather people who let a moment, life, circumstances, etc get the best of them. A lot of people I encounter overcome these low points and move past it.

Jamie had a low moment, no doubt about it. However, we all know what kind of guy he is, and a shitbag he is not. The moment got the best of him, simple as that. He was wrong and what he did was terrible, make no mistake about it. However, you all have fu**ed up, I know I certainly have. In this day and age a lot of screw ups are caught on camera, especially if you are in these guys shoes. Jamie has to be better than that, and I’m sure he knows it. He made a mistake, like so many of us have. We can beat him up over it, or we can treat him the way we would wanted to be treated after a major F**k up and that is to be listened to and thought of rationally. This one action can’t change who he is and always has been. I can’t do what I do everyday and think this way! I refuse to do so.

Live and learn and remember the words we sing each week.

YNWA Jamie
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #135: Mar 13, 2018 11:47:20 pm
      If that Andy guy gets 12 points they will still be behind City! 
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #136: Mar 13, 2018 11:50:08 pm

There can be absolutely no question that he shouldn't have done it, and should be rightly ashamed that he did, however the abuse he was getting at the ground is also unacceptable and is a growing problem in Football, especially with Social Media, where fans think they can say whatever they want to players, managers and ex-players (and board room members in the case of West Ham) in the most appalling fashion and get away with it. It's high time they were taught they can't; and it's not just United fans, it's all fans, ours included as the vileness thrown Lovren's way shows. As for Jamie, has he lost my respect? No, what he did was wrong, but he has my sympathy, not my condemnation.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #137: Mar 14, 2018 09:39:16 am
      Both fu**ed up.

Bloke could've killed someone whilst on his phone. Carra spat.

It's filth and Carra fu**ed up but the Manc could've cause serious carnage for the sake of a video.

Slap on the wrist for Carra. Other bloke dealt with by law.

Quick Reply