Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Watford (17/03/18 - 17:30)

Read 3868 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Watford (17/03/18 - 17:30)
      Reply #23: Mar 17, 2018 12:35:53 am
      Do not think Watford should be taken too lightly, they are a handy side. Although having said that, I have gone for 3  1 for the Reds, in the Prediction league.

Agree that we shouldn't count our chickens. Klopp was doing well prior to the United match of instilling the right mentality in our players when we went against the "lesser" teams in the Premier League. Hopefully we can pick up where we left off with that.

In truth,  not having the right attitude is really the only thing that can stop us for most of remaining league matches. Only Chelsea away would offer a real danger to us not getting three points in terms of playing quality. So let's just turn in a professional performance and let our quality shine through.

Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #24: Mar 17, 2018 01:53:28 pm
      How's the weather over there today? Windy?

219 minutes before kickoff so looking for something to do in the meantime. I have a book to finish and maybe I can get a few miles of walking in, but it's nippy outside. I suppose I could watch FA Cup matches....(but I probably won't because they are boring).
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #25: Mar 17, 2018 02:07:29 pm
      Just to add that I'm seeing some support online for starting  Gomez over TAA today. Even if Joe is healthy enough, I think making this change would send the wrong message to a very promising young player who has been mostly good for us this season. Maybe he wasn't stellar last weekend, but I think the right call is to keep him in the starting XI and continue his upward trend.  He also provides much more going forward then Joe does and I suspect some good crossing will come in handy today if Watford defend in numbers.

A change at center back given the recurring problems for a veteran there, makes much more sense to me.

Quick Reply