Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Watford?

Loris Karius
      2 (1.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      4 (3.4%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (0.8%)
      Emre Can
      0 (0%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      1 (0.8%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (5.9%)
      Mohammed Salah
      104 (87.4%)
      James Milner
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 117

Voting closed: Mar 21, 2018 07:19:06 pm

Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 22506 times
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,027 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Re: Liverpool 5-0 Watford: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #230: Mar 18, 2018 05:02:28 am
      That Bobby goal........ Ridiculous!!!!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #231: Mar 18, 2018 07:27:38 am
      Obviously I voted for Salah because he was two level above the others but par Mo Salah, I think Robertson was brilliant again and Mane improved from last week as well.

Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #232: Mar 18, 2018 09:00:18 am
      Great to get back to winning ways, and some very well crafted goals.

Mo obviously MOTM, but it is not just his goals is it.  His work rate is incredible, and for me that is what elevates him ahead of anyone else in the league. Bobby's goal is a great example - how many players would just be happy with the corner.

Thought Mane was very good again today, and his pass for the second was superb.  It's funny that he has not seemed to have had as good a season as last year, and yet his return is better.

Robbo is one of the buys of the season.  He is everything the modern fullback needs to be and more.  That was as good a cross as you will see all season.

Hope all the boys come back fit and healthy.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #233: Mar 18, 2018 10:17:00 am
      Very good performance, Salah on fire and that ball in from Robbo for his second was superb.

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,233 posts | 752 
      Reply #234: Mar 18, 2018 11:13:05 am
      Once again a brilliant display from Salah, with great support from Bobby, Mane and of course Robertson. It is just a pity, their is another break, for these meaningless Internationals, before the next game against Palace.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,018 posts | 2741 
      Reply #235: Mar 18, 2018 11:27:29 am
      Obviously Salah will get all the attention but Robertson was absolutely fantastic and thought Mane put in a very underrated shift as well.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #236: Mar 18, 2018 03:00:26 pm
      My favourite food...  Tikka M Salah!

We are blessed to have such player in our team. Owners make sure we tie him up so the Spanish Pirates don't come sniffing.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #237: Mar 18, 2018 03:20:11 pm
      My favourite food...  Tikka M Salah!

We are blessed to have such player in our team. Owners make sure we tie him up so the Spanish Pirates don't come sniffing.
      His value has to be in the region of 300m now. He is the best in the world. Better than Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez... because he is 25 and those other 3 are getting old! Nobody is near him in value. Barcelona can't afford him! they will need to sell to balance the books over Coutinho! as for RM! right now they aint anything special! sitting 4th in la liga behind valencia.. 15 points behind Barca?  :lmao:  Barcelona blew their Neymar pay day on an over rated Coutinho  :D Coutinho is a good player, but it is surprising Barcelona wanted him so badly when he is not and will not ever anywhere near the best in the world. Coutinho would make our sub bench right now. People think Coutinho is adaptable but he really isn't.

CM: Great playmaking, leaves big defensive weakness.
      Deep lying: Great playmaking, no defensive cover.
      Number 10: Supports attack well, but most teams don't want a #10.
      Centre striker: Not strong enough on the ball
      Winger: Reasonable goals per game, nothing special

142m  :lmao: he may have good shots from distance but and good passing but as stated, too weak... so Barca blew there money on this and we sold him when it suited us, when we purchased VVD already. If we sold Coutinho first, VVD costs 100m right?
      Nobody can afford Salah! also... Salah is not a greedy player.. he even donated a lot of money to charity. He wants to win things at Liverpool.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2018 03:27:30 pm by Ribapuru »
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #238: Mar 18, 2018 04:59:57 pm
      His value has to be in the region of 300m now. He is the best in the world. Better than Messi, Ronaldo, Suarez... because he is 25 and those other 3 are getting old! Nobody is near him in value. Barcelona can't afford him! they will need to sell to balance the books over Coutinho! as for RM! right now they aint anything special! sitting 4th in la liga behind valencia.. 15 points behind Barca?  :lmao:  Barcelona blew their Neymar pay day on an over rated Coutinho  :D Coutinho is a good player, but it is surprising Barcelona wanted him so badly when he is not and will not ever anywhere near the best in the world. Coutinho would make our sub bench right now. People think Coutinho is adaptable but he really isn't.

CM: Great playmaking, leaves big defensive weakness.
      Deep lying: Great playmaking, no defensive cover.
      Number 10: Supports attack well, but most teams don't want a #10.
      Centre striker: Not strong enough on the ball
      Winger: Reasonable goals per game, nothing special

142m  :lmao: he may have good shots from distance but and good passing but as stated, too weak... so Barca blew there money on this and we sold him when it suited us, when we purchased VVD already. If we sold Coutinho first, VVD costs 100m right?
      Nobody can afford Salah! also... Salah is not a greedy player.. he even donated a lot of money to charity. He wants to win things at Liverpool.

Neymar's was similar in value and that didn't stop PSG because FFP is a myth. Two things are essential to keeping him with us. Sign him up on a lucrative contract, and win things. 2nd, 3rd or 4th doesn't count.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #239: Mar 18, 2018 05:11:39 pm
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #240: Mar 18, 2018 07:45:17 pm
      Nothing much to say apart from the mo salah show. What a signing this lad has been. Everything he touches just turns into goals. KDB will probably win player of the season because of city's freak form but mo deserves it, he has been the leagues best player this season, head and shoulders above anyone else.

I thought Watford were dire in truth. Thought their tactics were all wrong and half of their players didn't even want to be there today. That said, I'm taking nothing away from us. We can only beat whats infront us and it was a rout. We battered them 5-0 without really getting out of second gear.

As usual I always try and look for any weakness or any area in which we can perhaps improve on. This doesn't mean I'm not thrilled with the win, of course I am, but there is always room for improvement no matter how good you are.

Defensively I felt we were in complete control today. We were solid. But I do think the right back position is a concern now. Trent has been exposed a few times against top opposition and his inexperience has shown. Gomez today made a couple of little errors in there today and I don't think he's very comfortable there.

One moment sticks in my mind where Watford switched the play with a long diagonal ball and Gomez judgment was all wrong. The ball went over his head straight to the Watford winger and had he been half decent he may have turned that into a decent chance. It was very similar to city's first goal at anfield where he misjudged the ball to Sane who then went onto score. As it happened I think Gomez recovered pretty well in this incident but there were still a couple of moments that I felt a little uncomfortable with and it was lucky we were playing against dross.

My second criticism comes to our centre mids and in particular Jordan Henderson today. I thought he was abysmal, especially in the first half. I lost count how many times he gave the ball away and some of them were just beyond comical.  I don't like him, I don't rate him, and moving forward we need to upgrade. During a match he will try or even make one or two decent passes and some of our fans just seem to excuse his weaknesses because of this. For example, he tried a through ball in the first half to salah. In my opinion it was actually a very poor ball. It was definitely the right idea, but he misjudged the weight of the pass, and it wasn't that difficult to do. But it got a big round of applause from the fans. I applaud the idea and maybe that's why some people clapped, but the execution of the pass was dreadful in my opinion and I expect him to make that pass.

It isn't just Henderson though. The middle of the park is a big problem for us. It's ok when we play against sh*te like Watford because our attack will just drill them. But we definitely need a couple of top centre mids. The ones we have just aren't good enough for top level. Naby is a start but we need somebody to else to come in and partner him. Break the bank because this should be our priority in my opinion.

But look, we were great today, and we're making big strides under klopp but at present the right back position and the centre mids concern me a little.

Find it weird how anybody in the forum can give motm to anyone but mo today but I notice Robbo has a few votes. It's pleasing that he's becoming a big kop favourite because he really has been exceptional and he deserves all the plaudits. It's so refreshing to see a decent left back at the club after we've gone a good decade or so without one.

I hate to compare any of our players to blueshite ones but he reminds me so much of an old school Baines, round the time he was competing with Ashley Cole for the England spot. Hes up and down that flank, he can come inside and play pass and move football, or he can keep to the byline and whip a ball in. More importantly, he's solid and his reading of the game is superb. I hope he continues going strength to strength and stays at the club for a very long time. Keep it up andy lad.

Very good performance today red men.

Was going to come in and post my views on the two areas of concern for me in the lead up to City and you've nailed both.

That midfield 3 should never be seen on the same pitch again, complete shambles when Can went of and Hendo moved into the #6.

lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #241: Mar 18, 2018 08:01:44 pm
      Quote from Ribapuru

142m  :lmao: he may have good shots from distance but and good passing but as stated, too weak...

It's only last week since we were told we missed him against the mancs. I guess it will happen after every bad result. In January, some were saying that Klopp needed to go because he didn't sign a replacement.

Real are a few points off the top, as are we in our league. It's nothing to laugh about, and it's not an indication of things to come at either club over the coming years.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #242: Mar 18, 2018 11:52:42 pm
      Obviously the MOTM is Salah. He is playing unbelievable football.He Is certainly in the ballon d' or conversation and certainly the PL Player of the Year.

But, i voted for Firmino because Salahs performance is overshadowing his goal. That should be the goal of the year. He flicked it off the back heel, at speed,2 feet in the air and backwards. WHAT? It was Insane. It wasnt a lucky goal. He intentionally made that shot.

Voted Salah MOTM, but agree Bobby's finish was sublime.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #243: Mar 18, 2018 11:54:53 pm
      Got a decision to make in the man of the match poll, here.

Hmm..

;D. Does anyone keep track or know if this is the highest percentage for a single player in the MOTM voting?

I agree Sadio, Bobby and Robbo had good games, but for me, voting for someone other than Mo for yesterday is out-thinking one's self.  :)
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #244: Mar 19, 2018 12:18:34 am
      Anyone have any stats on his conversion rate from the start of the season to now.
      I was very aware for the first few months of the season that he needed a fair few chances to score whereas now it seems like every opportunity he gets, he scores!
      Anything me have any stats?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #245: Mar 19, 2018 12:40:53 am
      With a huge tie against City it was important to get the Utd blipp out of the system and we did that in absolute style. 
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #246: Mar 19, 2018 12:44:12 am
      Was going to come in and post my views on the two areas of concern for me in the lead up to City and you've nailed both.

That midfield 3 should never be seen on the same pitch again, complete shambles when Can went of and Hendo moved into the #6.

Don't know which match you were watching but Henderson never moved to the 6...the started there with Gini and Can in front of him.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,506 posts | 424 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #247: Mar 19, 2018 07:23:03 am
      One thing I love about Firmino is his willingness to adapt to those around him. He can create for Salah, drop back and defend, pass clean, assist whatever. Plus, it seems like he doesnt want to play for any other club but Liverpool. For 2 years we heard Suarez wa leaving, We heard for 2 years Coutinho wanted out...great players but i have a hard time liking a player who doesn't want to play for my club. Firmino seems to love playing at Anfield. You can see it in his play.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,104 posts | 1275 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #248: Mar 19, 2018 09:21:47 am
      WOW!!!
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #249: Mar 19, 2018 10:35:15 am
      Bud, I have voted for Salah as motm on so many occassions and I can;t remember how many times already. And I have watched the game a few times and if it had not been  Mane making those crosses/passes Salah may have to do all the work by himself. Both playing for themselves in the game aginst Utd. He looked a very different player from the one against Utd with so much improvement and for that I voted him. But Salah is not far behind either.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #250: Mar 19, 2018 10:40:04 am
      One thing I love about Firmino is his willingness to adapt to those around him. He can create for Salah, drop back and defend, pass clean, assist whatever. Plus, it seems like he doesnt want to play for any other club but Liverpool. For 2 years we heard Suarez wa leaving, We heard for 2 years Coutinho wanted out...great players but i have a hard time liking a player who doesn't want to play for my club. Firmino seems to love playing at Anfield. You can see it in his play.

Well said. He is a workhorse with talent and with the quality players alongside him, he can only get better and better. He never moan or threatened to leave the club or for a bigger wage but keeps on improving and continue to contribute 100% on matchday.

I have wanted him to leave before but I can see in the last year or so, he has improved by leaps and bounds. Getting tougher physically and knowing his way around the box.
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Re: Live: Liverpool V Watford
      Reply #251: Mar 19, 2018 11:05:35 am
      Surprised no Ox or Lallana!!

Strong line up, let's win 5-0 and have Salah score 5 :)
      Close!!
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #252: Mar 19, 2018 12:35:53 pm
      Don't know which match you were watching but Henderson never moved to the 6...the started there with Gini and Can in front of him.

No he's role became more central of the 3 when Emre went of as Milner and Gini were either side of him.

Quick Reply