Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Liverpool v Bayern Munich legends

Read 10545 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Liverpool v Bayern Munich legends
      Reply #46: Mar 24, 2018 05:30:35 pm
      Cracking afternoon entertainment for a great cause helping people on your own doorstep always feels extra special
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #47: Mar 25, 2018 06:10:38 am
      Didn't see the game but it still angers me how Owen is considered a club legend.  Michael Owen has only ever cared about Michael Owen. He's a gobs***e.

I'll never understand why a local lad would leave his club when it's the size of ours. Didn't understand why he wanted to go, even to Real Madrid, but the manner in which he left purposely running his contract down and leaving us in the sh*t was piss poor. Not giving Rafa a chance who had just won la liga twice.

When it's not going right for him he wanted to come crawling back. Or at least that's what he's said hoping some reds will forgive him maybe. No thanks Michael. We don't need you mate. We're too busy winning the European cup having probably the best night of the clubs history. Sorry you couldn't make it.

I personally enjoyed watching his career go down the pan. It was a shame that such a talent was wasted but he had proven by then what a c**t he was. He didn't care about liverpool. He only cared about himself. He was one of those players who always put country before club as well.

Then when he signed for united that was just it for me. No going back after that. I'd already made my mind up that he was a gobs***e but that was the final nail. Once more, proving he doesn't give a sh*t about liverpool or us and he only cares about himself.  He's said himself he had many offers too but he just couldn't turn down United. Horrible little rat.

Hes never shut up since about how great united are and how wonderful Fergie is. He's a dreadful pundit/commentator too and his voice and his face just annoy the sh*t out of me.

Then he has the cheek to do documentaries and say he's upset when some liverpool fans boo him. F**k off, Michael. It's F***ing justified lad.

You know he's a dickhead when he had bags and bags of talent but he's finished his career without being loved by any of the fans he played for. Real Madrid thought he was sh*te, he stole a living at Newcastle, united fans will always look at him as that little Scouse c**t and we will always look at him as a manc loving traitor.

I don't know why a few reds still give a bit of respect. He's a pr**k of the highest order and he should be nowhere near this club after the way he has treated it.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #48: Mar 25, 2018 07:27:28 am
      Didn't see the game but it still angers me how Owen is considered a club legend.  Michael Owen has only ever cared about Michael Owen. He's a gobs***e.

I'll never understand why a local lad would leave his club when it's the size of ours. Didn't understand why he wanted to go, even to Real Madrid, but the manner in which he left purposely running his contract down and leaving us in the sh*t was piss poor. Not giving Rafa a chance who had just won la liga twice.

When it's not going right for him he wanted to come crawling back. Or at least that's what he's said hoping some reds will forgive him maybe. No thanks Michael. We don't need you mate. We're too busy winning the European cup having probably the best night of the clubs history. Sorry you couldn't make it.

I personally enjoyed watching his career go down the pan. It was a shame that such a talent was wasted but he had proven by then what a c**t he was. He didn't care about liverpool. He only cared about himself. He was one of those players who always put country before club as well.

Then when he signed for united that was just it for me. No going back after that. I'd already made my mind up that he was a gobs***e but that was the final nail. Once more, proving he doesn't give a sh*t about liverpool or us and he only cares about himself.  He's said himself he had many offers too but he just couldn't turn down United. Horrible little rat.

Hes never shut up since about how great united are and how wonderful Fergie is. He's a dreadful pundit/commentator too and his voice and his face just annoy the sh*t out of me.

Then he has the cheek to do documentaries and say he's upset when some liverpool fans boo him. F**k off, Michael. It's f**king justified lad.

You know he's a dickhead when he had bags and bags of talent but he's finished his career without being loved by any of the fans he played for. Real Madrid thought he was sh*te, he stole a living at Newcastle, united fans will always look at him as that little Scouse c**t and we will always look at him as a manc loving traitor.

I don't know why a few reds still give a bit of respect. He's a pr**k of the highest order and he should be nowhere near this club after the way he has treated it.

Whether we like it or not he single handedly won us an fa cup, also helped us win a league cup or 2 and a uefa cup. He did want to come back after madrid which didn't happen, certainly agree that he won't be remembered as fondly as perhaps he should have been the feeling is that he could have done more in his career. Even at his best  with us before he left you never felt he was loved which on the surface seems unfair but it always seemed there was never a connection between player and fans
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #49: Mar 25, 2018 07:58:19 am
      Whether we like it or not he single handedly won us an fa cup, also helped us win a league cup or 2 and a uefa cup. He did want to come back after madrid which didn't happen, certainly agree that he won't be remembered as fondly as perhaps he should have been the feeling is that he could have done more in his career. Even at his best  with us before he left you never felt he was loved which on the surface seems unfair but it always seemed there was never a connection between player and fans

I disagree with you regarding Owen not being loved prior to signing for Real Madrid.It was Owen who had tried to convince the fans that he would sign a new contract knowing full well that he had no intention of signing.For comparison I recall Keegan giving notice that he would be leaving at the end of the season,I do not recall any animosity from the fans  as he was honest with us from the start.As an after thought Keegan did us a big favour as Kenny Dalglish was his replacement.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #50: Mar 25, 2018 09:03:02 am
      Took my old man, the Mrs (mainly to piss her dad off who is an Everton), my 8 year old son and my nephew and they all liked it.

The atmosphere was as flat as a witch's tit but I expected that.

The highlight for me was Aldo falling flat on his face twice for no apparent reason as soon as he came on. Funny as f**k.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #51: Mar 25, 2018 09:36:31 am
      Took my old man, the Mrs (mainly to piss her dad off who is an Everton), my 8 year old son and my nephew and they all liked it.

The highlight for me was Aldo falling flat on his face twice for no apparent reason as soon as he came on. Funny as f**k.

Has anyone on here ever seen a witch's tits ?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #52: Mar 25, 2018 09:50:33 am

Was like a Norman Wisdom routine while he was on the pitch.

Fell over half a dozen times, pointed a lot and was totally fu**ed without even running......quality  :lmao:

Garcia’s backheel control and flick the highlight of the fitba for me.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #53: Mar 25, 2018 10:20:07 am

Then he has the cheek to do documentaries and say he's upset when some liverpool fans boo him. F**k off, Michael. It's f**king justified lad.

calling owen a gobsh*te is hipocracy after that rant. Owen made some  bad choices, but other people have done worse. At least he didn't spit at people... To me Carra playing was just an embarrassment. He shouldn't be representing our club anymore after spitting. He'd had said no apology had it not been on camera. Owen was upfront about the crap he was doing. Additionally, he wanted to return but Rafa wouldn't let him. Rafa, the guy who said that he'd never manage Chelsea and drove Alonso out, then went back on his own words and managed Chelsea. Rafa will manage anybody, he'll probably be at united next..... Gerrard was on the brink of joining Chelsea at one point. Lets not be too harsh on Owen. There's worse commentators who are more biast.. like Lawro who thinks De Bruyne should be player of the month and not Salah.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #54: Mar 25, 2018 11:10:21 am
      calling owen a gobsh*te is hipocracy after that rant. Owen made some  bad choices, but other people have done worse. At least he didn't spit at people... To me Carra playing was just an embarrassment. He shouldn't be representing our club anymore after spitting. He'd had said no apology had it not been on camera. Owen was upfront about the crap he was doing. Additionally, he wanted to return but Rafa wouldn't let him. Rafa, the guy who said that he'd never manage Chelsea and drove Alonso out, then went back on his own words and managed Chelsea. Rafa will manage anybody, he'll probably be at united next..... Gerrard was on the brink of joining Chelsea at one point. Lets not be too harsh on Owen. There's worse commentators who are more biast.. like Lawro who thinks De Bruyne should be player of the month and not Salah.

I honestly struggle to believe you’re a Liverpool fan Ribs when you post stuff like that.

Shows such little regard or understanding of LFC.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #55: Mar 25, 2018 11:26:24 am

Christ you are absolutely baffling. Have a day off Rib, honestly think you’re on a wind up half the time.

Sounds like the match was decent, might try catch the highlights somewhere, if only to see Aldo’s performance :D
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #56: Mar 25, 2018 11:41:22 am
      Christ you are absolutely baffling. Have a day off Rib, honestly think you’re on a wind up half the time.

Sounds like the match was decent, might try catch the highlights somewhere, if only to see Aldo’s performance :D
      I honestly struggle to believe you’re a Liverpool fan Ribs when you post stuff like that.

Shows such little regard or understanding of LFC.
      So Carra spitting at families including 10 year old girls is fine with you?

Rafa managing Chelsea is fine?

Owen playing for united is not fine?

You two don't get to make the rules. My opinions make the rules for my opinions. So have a nice cup of shut the **** up regarding struggling to believe I'm a Liverpool fan or  wind up etc.. they are my opinions. I'm entitled to them.
      Just because you two don't give a flying **** about Carra's behaviour doesn't mean I will go around saying "I can't believe you're human at times" grow up, not everyone thinks the same.

I never said Owen playing for united is fine, I simply poited out he's being singled out when others did stuff. Just get over it because Owen has retired and it's in the past. Liverpool chosen him as ambassador now.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #57: Mar 25, 2018 12:55:56 pm

I don't care what he did when he was with us. He showed and continues to show he doesn't give a F**k about the club or its fans. The way he has treated Liverpool FC is appalling and i just don't get how some fans still consider him as a hero or a legend.

Not sure what you mean or that I agree with you about there being no connection with the fans before he left. I certainly loved him. And as a school boy playing footy in the streets I can remember every lad my age all wanting to be Michael Owen. A bit like how my little lad wants to be Mo Salah now.

FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #58: Mar 25, 2018 01:02:48 pm
      I don't care what he did when he was with us. He showed and continues to show he doesn't give a f**k about the club or its fans. The way he has treated Liverpool FC is appalling and i just don't get how some fans still consider him as a hero or a legend.

Not sure what you mean or that I agree with you about there being no connection with the fans before he left. I certainly loved him. And as a school boy playing footy in the streets I can remember every lad my age all wanting to be Michael Owen. A bit like how my little lad wants to be Mo Salah now.

You say you loved him but don't care about what he did with us, to be honest i can't think like that, although his leave and then going to united were very hard to take i still remember with great fondness his cup final goals. You said yourself about the seeming to care about England more, compare how the fans looked at him compared to robbie,  almost chalk and cheese
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #59: Mar 25, 2018 01:09:14 pm

Go in the Carragher thread about the spitting incident and read my posts about that. I was disgusted by his behaviour because for me spitting is the lowest of the low so I couldn't agree more with you that he shouldn't have played in this match. So I'm not sure why you're quoting me and talking about him.

But what I will say is, I have absolutely no doubt what so ever that Jamie carragher loves this club. I have no doubt at all he would do anything for liverpool fc and it's fans.

I have no doubt what so ever he would never have joined man united, he hates them that much he went and spat at one of their fans.  I'm not excusing him in any way for that but it shows he's a fan just like you and me, it shows that the defeat to the mancs hurt him and he couldn't take the abuse he was receiving about it any more and he snapped.

I never rated carragher as a player, I thought he was average and I've made plenty of posts about it on here.  But for me, he is a liverpool legend, no doubt. The reason he is a liverpool legend is because he loves the club and would do anything for it. He gave it his all. That's enough for me. He repeatedly put his body on the line and I have the utmost respect for him for that. I F***ing love him for that actually. He's one of us.

The same way Fowler and Gerrard would never have signed for those cu*ts either. They're one of us too.

Michael Owen? Nah he's not one of us. As I already stated, Michael Owen only cares about Michael Owen.  People can swallow the sh*t he comes out with about him wanting to come back if they like but I don't believe that and even if I did I still wouldn't care.  Would he have been desperate to come back if Real Madrid gave him a game? Nah. What if Fergie came in for him there and then and he had the choice of going to us or united? We can only guess but my money would be on him wanting to go there.

He's no liverpool legend. He can get fu**ed as far as I'm concerned.

HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #60: Mar 25, 2018 01:18:28 pm
      You say you loved him but don't care about what he did with us, to be honest i can't think like that, although his leave and then going to united were very hard to take i still remember with great fondness his cup final goals. You said yourself about the seeming to care about England more, compare how the fans looked at him compared to robbie,  almost chalk and cheese

But what he did for us becomes irrelevant to me with how hes treated the club since.

I feel the same about torres too but you still get the same thing with some of our fans, they still consider him as a hero for some strange reason, even though he jumped ship when we were at our lowest moment (certainly during my lifetime) under H&G ownership with F***ing Woy as manager.

The last 6-12 months he was at liverpool he didn't want to wear the shirt, his attitude was a disgrace. He signed for Chelsea of all clubs who we had recently formed a strong rivalry with. And then when he left he never shut the F**k up about us. Repeatedly slagged us off and it's like some fans have just completely forgotten about all of this or simply don't care and I will never understand that. Maybe I love the club more than what they do perhaps.

I don't remember it like that RE Owen either. I remember the fans loving him, certainly lads my age did anyway. I loved him and it's why his treating of the club was even more difficult to take. It's more confusing too. I don't understand why he would sh*t on the club, or fans like me who adored him.

F**k him.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #61: Mar 25, 2018 01:28:22 pm
      i would say Owens biggest betrayal was running his contract down and going cheaply. I didn't like that much. I do think Rafa should have taken him back though, it wouldn't have costed  much.
      As for Carra, he supported Everton before playing for Liverpool and his comments suggest he supports them now. He was calling for Tony Hibbert to be awarded freedom of the city, whatever that is.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #62: Mar 25, 2018 01:42:20 pm
      i would say Owens biggest betrayal was running his contract down and going cheaply. I didn't like that much. I do think Rafa should have taken him back though, it wouldn't have costed  much.
      As for Carra, he supported Everton before playing for Liverpool and his comments suggest he supports them now. He was calling for Tony Hibbert to be awarded freedom of the city, whatever that is.

Running his contract down and then signing for the mancs are both as bad as each other. Running his contract down was disrespectful to the club and then signing for the mancs was disrespectful to the fans.

He was one of the best strikers in Europe at the time and he left for a lousy 8m all because he took the piss with his contract. Couldn't believe he did that to a club who had given him his chance and had paid him handsomely. If he had put the club in a strong position for negotiations and we got 30m for him then it wouldn't have left as much of a sour taste. But we were robbed.

Why should Rafa have signed him? He didn't give Rafa a chance so why should we give him one? Especially when we would have had to pay double for what we sold him for. No thank you.

His heart wasn't in it either. We should only ever have players here who want to play for liverpool. He quite clearly didn't. If Real Madrid played him he would never have looked back.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #63: Mar 25, 2018 03:30:21 pm
      So Carra spitting at families including 10 year old girls is fine with you?

Rafa managing Chelsea is fine?

Owen playing for united is not fine?

You two don't get to make the rules. My opinions make the rules for my opinions. So have a nice cup of shut the **** up regarding struggling to believe I'm a Liverpool fan or  wind up etc.. they are my opinions. I'm entitled to them.
      Just because you two don't give a flying **** about Carra's behaviour doesn't mean I will go around saying "I can't believe you're human at times" grow up, not everyone thinks the same.

I never said Owen playing for united is fine, I simply poited out he's being singled out when others did stuff. Just get over it because Owen has retired and it's in the past. Liverpool chosen him as ambassador now.

You’ve gone out of your way to hop off at Carragher, Rafa and Stevie in one post Ribs.

I’m not telling you how to think I’m suggesting that a Liverpool supporter is unlikely to do that.

Someone who desperately wants a response out of Liverpool fans on the other hand......

HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #64: Mar 25, 2018 03:59:47 pm

His constant worrying about his England place is one of the reasons he won't be fully loved at any club he played for. And also the reason why he optedto sign for Newcastle in 2006, because he was scared of losing his England place.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #65: Mar 25, 2018 04:05:09 pm

It's like a civic honour. Showing yourself up with that post lad. If Hibbert was awarded something like that, good on him, it's probably deserved. After all the same honours have been bestowed on Gerrard from Knowsley and Carra from Sefton.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #66: Mar 25, 2018 04:21:26 pm
      His constant worrying about his England place is one of the reasons he won't be fully loved at any club he played for. And also the reason why he optedto sign for Newcastle in 2006, because he was scared of losing his England place.
      makes a lot of sense. He really wanted to play for England, so when Rafa rejected him, he picked the best remaining option.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #67: Mar 25, 2018 05:52:23 pm
      Trying to suggest that I am not a Liverpool fan and just trying to wind up fans. Total WUM you are.

Hey everyone, make sure you always agree with Scotia, or your not really a Liverpool fan.

Not even an attempted response Ribs. Just a weak attempt at deflection.

You’re not a supporter, not even close with your hysterionics.

You actually outed yourself by gilding the lily and going after  Rafa, Stevie and Carra in one post......You pushed too hard and you left your arse hanging out for everyone to see.

Pathetic.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #68: Mar 25, 2018 07:13:37 pm

Quick Reply