Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Palace?

Loris Karius
      3 (3.1%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (4.1%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      2 (2.1%)
      Joel Matip
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      58 (59.8%)
      Jordan Henderson
      2 (2.1%)
      James Milner
      2 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      10 (10.3%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (2.1%)
      Mohammed Salah
      14 (14.4%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Adam Lallana
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 96

Voting closed: Apr 04, 2018 02:22:19 pm

Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 19960 times
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Re: Crystal Palace 1-2 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #414: Mar 31, 2018 04:17:58 pm
      A hard fought win. 3 vital points in the bag and we never gave up.

A good sign of an emerging team is grinding out victories when playing sh*t.

That will do very nicely.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #415: Mar 31, 2018 04:24:01 pm
      It has to be said again - for someone who gets such a slagging in the match thread, Mane doesn't half shut them up with these crucial goals.  This season it seems that he wil do 99 things wrong during one game but then get one thing VERY VERY right.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #416: Mar 31, 2018 04:44:30 pm
      I wonder... I wonder if throwing Ox as right back might be a solution?

Klopp would probably move Milner back there if he was going to play someone out of position. It would take a lot of guts to use Clyne in this match first time back.

I think he will put TAA there, despite his nightmare today. (BTW, it wasn't just getting beaten by Zaha, he failed to get forward to receive a few passes on the wing (probably because he was so wary of being beaten for pace again), had some errant passes, committed a foul throw and right at the finish, WHAT was he thinking when he stooped to head the ball only to pop it straight to a Palace player about 25 yards in front of goal? The last of a number of letoffs for our defence today. Thanks to Christian Benteke for his invaluable contribution to our cause this afternoon.

But I still expect Trent to start the City match.

Adam left the stadium on crutches so it's not looking good, sorry to hear.

On the brighter side, three points when not playing so well, Robertson was immense (as was Milner in the 2nd half). Sadio's work rate was good today, but of course he was lucky not to walk. You could see Klopp have a word with him after the game and basically it was like "Daft, but now we move on" and Sadio just nodded in agreement. That was the body language of it anyway. Gini was less happy after the  match as Klopp gave him a bear hug as well, but he was pretty invisible today. When Ox moved back to midfield (couldn't tell if he was there before Adam went down), he was much more involved in the attack and certainly helped create the winning goal.

I envy all of you who get to be on hand for Wednesday's big night. Trusting you all to make it an atmosphere to remember, and the team to turn on the grit and the style for a good result.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #417: Mar 31, 2018 04:48:59 pm
      Reminded of a lyric from a famous Liverpudlian today:

"With A Little Luck, We Can Help It Out
      We Can Make This Whole Damn Thing Work Out
      With A Little Love, We Can Lay It Down
      Can't You Feel The Town Exploding?"

I think our battling quality carried us through today, but there's no doubting we had a little luck today as well. And no, I don't mean that we should give the points back.  :)
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #418: Mar 31, 2018 05:03:32 pm
      Hard fought win - get in! Robbo was outstanding yet again. VVD was really solid apart from that pass which led to the Benteke chance.

Mane fortunate not to be sent off.

I'm concerned about that RB spot for Wednesday. I think Sane could cause TAA real problems. But bringing back Clyne would also be risky, Could Klopp play Ox or Milner at right back, or even play 3 at the back?
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #419: Mar 31, 2018 05:20:50 pm
      Hard fought win - get in! Robbo was outstanding yet again. VVD was really solid apart from that pass which led to the Benteke chance.

Mane fortunate not to be sent off.

I'm concerned about that RB spot for Wednesday. I think Sane could cause TAA real problems. But bringing back Clyne would also be risky, Could Klopp play Ox or Milner at right back, or even play 3 at the back?

3 center backs and then Robbo and Milner as wing backs is a possibility, but I would expect to see that more at City than at home in a first leg. I guess we'll find out.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #420: Mar 31, 2018 05:28:46 pm

11 pages till we took the lead,3 pages since."We only post when we're moaning"! Pulled the win out of our collective arses,f**king nice.
      We did take the lead in the 84th minute.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #421: Mar 31, 2018 05:58:15 pm
      We did take the lead in the 84th minute.

true that,was more of a comment on folks only posting in the in-game thread when loads of other threads see F**k all action in.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,152 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #422: Mar 31, 2018 06:13:15 pm

11 pages till we took the lead,3 pages since."We only post when we're moaning"! Pulled the win out of our collective arses,f**king nice.

I in no way mean to sound condescending but do you think that the fact that the first eleven pages consisted of multiple posts commenting on the same incidents during live match play situations was a mitigating factor in this prognosis?

In general, posts relating to actual in game play will be proportionally higher than post game posts.

Just saying like. In all fairness there was a great deal to moan about as we played extremely poorly, especially the midfield. As happy as i am with the win it does worry me slightly that we are heading into the home straight and showing vulnerabilities.
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #423: Mar 31, 2018 06:35:47 pm

Andy Robertson. What did he cost? What a player!

Just before his assist he tried to play a powerful shot and Jürgen was berating him to use his mind. When he Andy received the cross, he could have gone for the goal himself, but, decided to pass it to Mo. Not to mention his work defensively. On top of it, he seems to be a great guy off the field. The perfect Liverpool player!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #424: Mar 31, 2018 06:52:15 pm
      Bye bye palace enjoy yr time in the championship
      They won't get relegated, Stoke and Southampton will because they are already behind and they have very hard fixtures.
      West Brom are just about relegated already as well. Crystal Palace will likely finish 17th.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #425: Mar 31, 2018 07:06:07 pm
      Delighted with result. Another solid 3 points, away, against a bit of a bogey side, coming back from 1 down. Can't complain too much.
      Saw most of the game, but missed Mane's goal.
      Thought their peno was fair enough, TAA got done again.
      Thought Mane dived, was caught, but didn't have the leg taken, could've kept going - lucky not to get sent off for the handball, whipped off in time by Jürgen. Did OK otherwise :) eventful day for him, took his goal well.
      Robertson MOTM imho, looks in control in defense and good in attack - has turned out a really good signing. And although TAA is young, we're struggling a bit in that other corner, even owlface targeting there.
      Thought Bob was quiet, Salah took yet another, what a season for him.
      Thought midfield was quiet, need to be a lot better in there against City or will struggle.

All in all though, good win, dead pleased with it :)
      Well in Jürgen !!
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #426: Mar 31, 2018 07:06:20 pm
      The Ox certainly made difference when he came on for Gini.  I'm afraid Gini isn't dynamic enough to play alongside Henderson.

Thank God (or should I say, Allah) for Mo. perhaps we should promise to build a mosque at Anfield to make sure he stays.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,610 posts | 2159 
      Reply #427: Mar 31, 2018 07:14:12 pm
      Couldn't watch the game as in France for the weekend. Just wanted to check did Mane score?
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #428: Mar 31, 2018 07:22:00 pm
      Couldn't watch the game as in France for the weekend. Just wanted to check did Mane score?

Yep, he got the first. Busy day for him today with the yellow card for diving and the deliberate handball that he didn't get a 2nd yellow for.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #429: Mar 31, 2018 07:27:31 pm
      Welcome 3 points after a lacklustre performance. Just got in from work to read the posts here. Mabey we just played over careful so as not to get injured befor the city clash. Can understand that. Bit concerned with everyone slating TAA. Poor performance by all accounts. Hopefully he was trying too hard to impress with Wednesday on his mind, and all will come good.
      Any news on Can ?
      He was motm against City in the Prem game. De Bruyne didn’t get a meaningful kick until Can went off !
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #430: Mar 31, 2018 08:23:06 pm
      Get in. That first half was terrible but stepped it up in the second half.

Salah just gets better and better!
      LFCSTEVE1984
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts | 408 
      Re: LIVE: Crystal Palace v Liverpool
      Reply #431: Mar 31, 2018 09:21:45 pm
      Did the same in 2005 on the laminate flooring!

Haha I was throwing some 6 foot 7 African around in salou in 2005. You know them fellas that sell glasses and get you a weed when you want one.

He was getting threw up and down outside the bar I was in.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #432: Mar 31, 2018 09:37:07 pm
      Difficult game against shithouse tactics from Palace.
      Every year we play them it's the same type of game.

Saying that we didn't help ourselves today the way we set up in midfield.
      Gini, Milner and Henderson morphed into the same player if that makes sense. They all played exactly the same way.
      No creativity and forward thinking which is why our front three got F**k all in that first half.
      Lazy square balls across the back and constant back passing did my nut in.So glad when that half time whistle went.

You could tell Jürgen had a few words coz straight from the off second half our shape and movement was sharper and more direct.
      Four minutes in.... 1-1

Jürgen made the right decision bringing Mane off, he was walking a fine line with the ref and the crowd were on his back.

Thought Chamberlain made a big difference when he came on in midfield with his attacking attitude which we lacked and he proved that with the cross for Robbo which lead to the winner.
      Talking of Robbo, what a player, what a revelation he has been for this team. His energy and never say die attitude down that left hand side reminds me of the likes of Joey Jones, Risse and Alan Kennedy rolled into one.

WTF happened to Lallana? should never have gone away with the England squad :mad:

Boss finish by Mo, turned Sahko inside out  ;D

Why oh Why after that we didn't put two players on Zaha, It was pretty f***in obvious they were gonna use him down that left hand side and kept constantly receiving the ball in space on his own in those closing minutes.
      Trent will want to forget about his performance rapidly and he needs to practice taking a f***in throw in!! Everytime he took one(and he took a lot) it looked like he was gonna goof it up :f_steam:

I'd like to see that Zaha in a red shirt though, dunno about you?

3 Points :scarf:

Happy Easter !!!

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #433: Mar 31, 2018 09:41:22 pm
      it was a tw*t of a match to watch but who gives a sh*te when we got the 3 points.Andy was m.o.m. for me,he continues to impress.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #434: Mar 31, 2018 09:58:04 pm
      It has to be said again - for someone who gets such a slagging in the match thread, Mane doesn't half shut them up with these crucial goals.

Fair point that. Not forgetting his hat trick in Porto had us sitting watching the second leg with our pipe and slippers.

Temperamental but important.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #435: Mar 31, 2018 10:03:19 pm
      That win was uglier than the b***ard offspring of katie Hopkins and a baboon
      As if a Baboon would see anything in that, unless you meant that it was drunk
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #436: Mar 31, 2018 10:04:46 pm
      Oh and thank the lord for Benteke
      We should have kept him  :f_whistle:

Quick Reply