Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45

Read 16581 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8551 
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45
      Reply #115: Apr 04, 2018 01:00:20 am
      When you go early, do you stay out on the street for a good bit or do you take your seat an hour or so before kickoff?

Stay in the boozer until about 15 mins before kick off!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: Pre-Match: Liverpool V Man City (Champions League Quarter Final) 4th April 19:45
      Reply #116: Apr 04, 2018 01:32:06 am
      I am dredding this game. There are butterflies in my stomach & I dont feel too confident.

I am going for 2-1 to red men but not at all confident.

Wouldn't worry mate.

deBruyne calls us offensively a juggernaut.

We were the ones that beat them and broke their run.  They know what we are capable of. 

We need the lightning start and to build momentum quickly.  If we can snatch a goal or two but importantly take a clean sheet to the Etihad then it will be a good nights work. 

Glad Karius is between the sticks and Virgil in front of him.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #117: Apr 04, 2018 03:26:24 am
      If I was offered a 0-0 now I'd take it.
      They wouldn't have a f***in clue how to cope with us at their place with the scoreline at 0-0
      But my heart wants us to have one of those 10/15 minute spells tomorrow night when we just destroy them and score 2 or 3.

We know we're more than capable of doing just that and we have one thing over them which they'll never have.
      The Anfield noise on a European night.

Hardcore above me hit the nail on the head when he talked about Lovren.This has to be THE game of his Liverpool career.

We know all about our players and have faith in every one of them, we've seen them produce it on loads of occasions this season
      but tomorrow they need to go that extra mile, that extra yard, that extra tackle and produce one of those mind blowing European victories at Anfield and next week that will carve itself into our history books.

Tactics wise, who knows?
      We have to feed our front three, end of.
      Without those guys on the ball in and around the box we won't create anything so whether we play with the width in Robbo and Trent or we go direct through the middle with Ox and Gini it HAS to be right tomorrow.

Whoever wins this tie goes on to win the trophy

Hell yes!
      Your point about whether we attack centrally or via the fullbacks is 100% correct and on the money. That is the whole issue.
      They will be wary of our front three and we will be cautious of theirs BUT when you add in their creative midfield then I imagine Klopp has to impose our midfield upon them.
      It’s gonna be a fascinating contest that I hope lives up to all of our expectations.
      Still feel we will win the first leg 2-1 but it’s gonna be an utter nail bitter and hopefully the first chapter of a classic two game affair.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #118: Apr 04, 2018 03:44:39 am
      Heard Sergio Aguero is out for the 1st leg.
      So that's some good news.

Huge game for Karius too. We could be doing with him making some good saves. Great that his form has improved and we don't have to depend on the Migmeister.

That's the best bit of news I've heard in ages. c**t always scores against us. Hope he misses the 2nd leg as well. Will feel a hell of a lot more comfortable if he's not on the team sheet.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,153 posts | 1284 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #119: Apr 04, 2018 03:51:12 am
      What a load of bollocks with regards to Lovren.

What about the other ten players to run out tomorrow then? Or will the whole tie hinge on Lovren? You make him sound like a Sunday league player Jürgen plugged out of the local park. After some of the critical errors made against Palace I'm worried about Virgil and Trent too. This tie will be won with all 11 playing blinders not singling out individuals.

Lovren is sh*te. He has proved it on many occasions. He has been here nearly four years now and he still hasn't realised his potential. He's just like Mignolet, whinging on social media like a bi*ch instead of manning up, shutting his f**king mouth and getting on with what he's paid handsomely to do. He is a terrible centre back and has been since his arrival here. Imagine getting a player of the month vote out of sympathy because you were abused by some pathetic supporters on social media? The best answer to those supporters is to knuckle down, work hard and prove he is worthy of wearing that shirt. The shirt that the likes of Hansen, Lawrenson, Hyypia, Agger, and Carragher etc. have worn with distinction over the years.

He is paid by Liverpool Football Club to do a job, he is not doing that job and hasn't been since he arrived here.

The reason i have singled out those particular individuals is because they are not playing anywhere near the level they should be at for Liverpool Football Club. I for one will not pat them on the back when they have the odd good game, they should be producing good performances for the vast majority of the appearances they make.

Are we turning into Arsenal?
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #120: Apr 04, 2018 05:46:09 am
      What a load of bollocks with regards to Lovren.

What about the other ten players to run out tomorrow then? Or will the whole tie hinge on Lovren? You make him sound like a Sunday league player Jürgen plugged out of the local park. After some of the critical errors made against Palace I'm worried about Virgil and Trent too. This tie will be won with all 11 playing blinders not singling out individuals.

Behave, we all know Lovern is a concern because one mistake and his head goes. He doesn’t respond well to pressure and this is our biggest game in years.  Defensively he’s going to be targeted by City I’m sure.

We’re definitely going to concede tonight so it’s all about taking our chances and try have one of those 25 minute spells where it’s all high tempo and we stick a few past them.

Nervous but going to say 4-2 to the Reds.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #121: Apr 04, 2018 05:56:01 am
      Lovren is sh*te. He has proved it on many occasions. He has been here nearly four years now and he still hasn't realised his potential. He's just like Mignolet, whinging on social media like a bi*ch instead of manning up, shutting his f**king mouth and getting on with what he's paid handsomely to do. He is a terrible centre back and has been since his arrival here. Imagine getting a player of the month vote out of sympathy because you were abused by some pathetic supporters on social media? The best answer to those supporters is to knuckle down, work hard and prove he is worthy of wearing that shirt. The shirt that the likes of Hansen, Lawrenson, Hyypia, Agger, and Carragher etc. have worn with distinction over the years.

He is paid by Liverpool Football Club to do a job, he is not doing that job and hasn't been since he arrived here.

The reason i have singled out those particular individuals is because they are not playing anywhere near the level they should be at for Liverpool Football Club. I for one will not pat them on the back when they have the odd good game, they should be producing good performances for the vast majority of the appearances they make.

This. Lovren is absolute train wreck. I would rather milner comes in as cb.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #122: Apr 04, 2018 07:14:51 am
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #123: Apr 04, 2018 07:32:44 am
      Not really sure about this one. I have many heartbrokens from LFC for years in cup tie. Please, just don't screw this one.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #124: Apr 04, 2018 07:42:08 am
      Feeling fairly calm and relaxed about this.  I think City's midfield are light years ahead of Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum.  Compared to Gerrard, Alonso, Hamann it's fairly obvious our current midfielders couldn't live with even some of our recent midfield lineups. 

But getting to the quarter finals has exceeded my expectations from back when we were playing Hoffenheim in August and the league results at the weekend have been a big boost. 

This is the competition we should be in year in year out and it's a real step forward that it looks like we're back at the top table of European football and going to be in it again next season (with better midfielders).

I actually feel like tonight and next week is essentially a free hit for us so definitely excited rather than nervous. 

Even if it's say 3-0 to either side tonight then it is more than capable of swinging around next week.  I do wonder if that might affect the atmosphere as despite the hype for this first leg, it's probably still only the foreplay of this tie!
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #125: Apr 04, 2018 08:15:03 am

Nail hit & head, and you can Henderson too, although i rate Jordan higher than Dejan, neither have the talent to match passed Liverpool greats, the ones who are still remembered year's after retirement and are steeped in LFC folklore,
      Henderson's time has arrived, he has to pull out a captain's performance tonight, so we will see if he can, or not, looking forward we have to bring in players of a higher level than what Jordan can produce at the moment, for me he isn't or hasn't got the consistency to play at the level we require, Dejan same, simply put...not good enough!!

Having said that i hope both have worldy's tonight 😁

YNWA
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      Reply #126: Apr 04, 2018 08:53:00 am

Nail hit & head, and you can Henderson too, although i rate Jordan higher than Dejan, neither have the talent to match passed Liverpool greats, the ones who are still remembered year's after retirement and are steeped in LFC folklore,
      Henderson's time has arrived, he has to pull out a captain's performance tonight, so we will see if he can, or not, looking forward we have to bring in players of a higher level than what Jordan can produce at the moment, for me he isn't or hasn't got the consistency to play at the level we require, Dejan same, simply put...not good enough!!

Having said that i hope both have worldy's tonight 😁

YNWA

Just a reminder :)
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #127: Apr 04, 2018 09:03:18 am
      I actually feel like tonight and next week is essentially a free hit for us so definitely excited rather than nervous. 

This.

Remember the last 9 years of supporting Liverpool. We are coming back. Slowly but surely we are coming back.

Lets give it our all and if we lose we lose. We know its not our last shot at the CL and we will be back for more next year, the year after and the year after!

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #128: Apr 04, 2018 09:34:06 am
      Behave, we all know Lovern is a concern because one mistake and his head goes. He doesn’t respond well to pressure and this is our biggest game in years.  Defensively he’s going to be targeted by City I’m sure.

We’re definitely going to concede tonight so it’s all about taking our chances and try have one of those 25 minute spells where it’s all high tempo and we stick a few past them.

The numbers will back me up but Lovren this season has been better defensively than Matip.

But that probably shows we need another top CB more than anything else.

David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,292 posts | 763 
      Reply #129: Apr 04, 2018 09:50:40 am
      Heart say the Reds, head goes for a score draw. Hope that I am proved wrong, with a massive win for the Reds.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #130: Apr 04, 2018 09:54:21 am
      Tonight's going to be electric.., I can see the pressure getting to the City players & I can see us winning 2-0..

Come on..
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #131: Apr 04, 2018 09:57:00 am

Behave with what? Accepting that people will look for a scapegoat before a ball is even kicked.

Nah not accepting that.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3710 
      Reply #132: Apr 04, 2018 10:00:12 am
      What ever the result I want to see a passionate performance that our shirt deserves.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #133: Apr 04, 2018 10:26:01 am
      I'm less worried about Lovren than I am about Trent. I think he's going to be a top player in a few years but the movement of the city attack can expose his lack of awareness.
      On the positive side, or attack is just as likely to score as theres, and their style of play suits us prefectly. I expect it to be end to end with us just coming out on top. 2-1 Reds!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,292 posts | 763 
      Reply #134: Apr 04, 2018 10:54:10 am
      Trent must surely start, the experience will only improve his game. I am sure he has a very promising career ahead of him. Lovren hopefully with give his all and turn in a decent performance tonight.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #135: Apr 04, 2018 11:44:04 am
      Have a sneaky feeling Can might be available tonight. Nothing official just a feeling.
      Keith Singleton
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,971 posts | 2708 
      • Sir Lewis Hamilton
      Reply #136: Apr 04, 2018 11:44:10 am
      Trent must surely start, the experience will only improve his game. I am sure he has a very promising career ahead of him. Lovren hopefully with give his all and turn in a decent performance tonight.

Lovren without doubt a weak link. If there's any mistakes by your players then he's odds on.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #137: Apr 04, 2018 12:06:15 pm

Quick Reply