Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (2.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      17 (11.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      83 (55.3%)
      James Milner
      19 (12.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2018 09:39:10 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39775 times
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 05, 2018 03:14:49 am
      Just home from work. Had it in the iPad but too busy to watch. What a F***ing result, can’t wait to watch it tomorrow. Well done boys. From what I’m reading everyone played a blinder 😊😊😊
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #438: Apr 05, 2018 03:34:28 am
      Interesting fact only 2% of fans voted for City as their choice of opponents in this draw on this forum,would not change them now i bet

I thought the same but if we were more worried about city than Barca and co then we shouldn't have a problem with lifting no.6!!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #439: Apr 05, 2018 06:59:05 am
      What a game, from where to start. 14 MOTM and brilliant Klopp.

Karius, had an easy game but when he was called on, he did brilliantly. 7.5/10
      Trent proved everyone wrong, he was just lacking some passion in the other games. Sane had nightmare this night. 9/10
      Lovren why on Earth you do not put this performance as a standard. 8.5/10
      VVD cool as anything and a leader. 8/10
      Robertson's overlapping was brilliant.
      Milner, another one, he proved everyone wrong, boss the midfield and ran his ass off. 8/10
      Alex's position is in the midfield, one brilliant goal and other chance he should have passed. He's not that effective on the wing. 8/10
      Henderson, usual stuff. Nothing fancy but did his job. He squared up with Sterling, his England teammate but cost him the 2nd leg :) 7.5/10
      Salah deadly as usual and brilliant assist as well. 8.5/10 Hope he's fine.
      Firmino looked tired but did his job well. Perseverance 7.5/10
      Mane, he's back to his best. 8.5/10
      Subs: Performed well as well Gigi ran and chased a lot 7/10. Solanke, the same! 7/10. Moreno not had chance to influence the game.

Klopp, simple brilliant. 8.5/10
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #440: Apr 05, 2018 07:37:35 am
      That game was a first for emotions for me.

First 5/10 minutes and I'm posting about the midfield. Moaning. All that nerve before hand suddenly overtaken by this sort of nervy realisation that City had us outnumbered in midfield and that we were out of our depth. I was moaning about Milner, doom and gloom set in.

Then F***ing whack. 20 minutes later we're three up. The pride and buzz as every goal went in was unreal. A proper legal high. We out thought, out battled and played them. Played them off the park. Then waiting for the half time whistle I was shitting it, half time shitting it and first twenty of the second half still shitting it.

At three up,  shitting it.

Know what, Guardiola was shitting it more. To drop Sterling was huge, and some of the in game tactics he tweaked was of a man shitting it.

I got to about 75 then realised they had F**k all. We were that on top. I then started fancying a fourth.

We kicked arse, there, and we have one foot in the semi. Any half decent result at City and we are there. Can't see us not scoring there.

Beaming this morning.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #441: Apr 05, 2018 08:38:01 am
      Had a free night from the kids last night. Just me and the good wife,watched the game at home,a few pints after full time. If Carlsberg did a good night................... that was fcuk in great.
      Watching SSN now and that Manc blue presenter squirming everytime he reads the headlines......class morning too. Day off work as well. A beautiful day.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #442: Apr 05, 2018 08:40:40 am
      City have only won at Anfield  twice since the 50s ,there was no danger that was going to change tonight xxxxx:action-smiley-065: :kop5cf8koxp6:

I love how you say that now....;D
      JC16
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 861 posts | 86 
      Reply #443: Apr 05, 2018 08:57:11 am
      I'm feeling like a child right now - I don't want to go to bed because that means this night is over. And I want to enjoy the night, savour the result. I haven't felt this good after a LFC match in a while.

I set my alarm so I can watch it again.  It’s on at 4am here in New Jersey!!!😂
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #444: Apr 05, 2018 09:24:50 am
      That first half performance was incredible. We were harassing City all over the pitch and were so quick and deadly with the ball. It could have been 4 or 5 goals and it would have been deserving.

Helped of course by the ref who allowed some questionable tackles from our lads to go unpunished, and the game flowed at pace.

Second half was pretty poor by my standards. Yes we officially kept a clean sheet, but I don't see much to boast there. We invited the pressure on. We were sloppy and wasteful (particularly Firmino who seemed to give the ball away constantly). In reality, we conceded a goal too (only that we were fortunate that it was wrongly ruled out). So I'm not sure how we can claim we 'kept a clean sheet' when it was only the officials who secured that for us.

As it stands however, a 3-0 cushion is huge and we are surely going to score at the Etihad, and should do this over the two legs.

Thought the players were all round excellent - particularly in the 1st half. Hugely disappointed in Solanke though. He did nothing at all, and even worse, he seemed to put no effort in. He was fresh, but hardly ran. I don't see what he brings to the side at all.

TAA had a great game!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,278 posts | 763 
      Reply #445: Apr 05, 2018 09:29:42 am
      Great performance from all the players. Although voted for Ox, for his brilliant goal, although the defence played really well.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #446: Apr 05, 2018 09:36:54 am
      Sh*t out of luck in Cape Town. Drought,clueless football supporters and not many decent sport pubs... You got Mavericks though!Not a bad place to go and celebrate!

Hahaha, yeah im in Cape Town and football isnt really the biggest sport over here. Rugby and even cricket gets more support.
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #447: Apr 05, 2018 09:45:09 am
      That first half performance was incredible. We were harassing City all over the pitch and were so quick and deadly with the ball. It could have been 4 or 5 goals and it would have been deserving.

Helped of course by the ref who allowed some questionable tackles from our lads to go unpunished, and the game flowed at pace.

Second half was pretty poor by my standards. Yes we officially kept a clean sheet, but I don't see much to boast there. We invited the pressure on. We were sloppy and wasteful (particularly Firmino who seemed to give the ball away constantly). In reality, we conceded a goal too (only that we were fortunate that it was wrongly ruled out). So I'm not sure how we can claim we 'kept a clean sheet' when it was only the officials who secured that for us.

As it stands however, a 3-0 cushion is huge and we are surely going to score at the Etihad, and should do this over the two legs.

Thought the players were all round excellent - particularly in the 1st half. Hugely disappointed in Solanke though. He did nothing at all, and even worse, he seemed to put no effort in. He was fresh, but hardly ran. I don't see what he brings to the side at all.

TAA had a great game!!

Glass half full there. Make up your mind.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #448: Apr 05, 2018 09:47:11 am
      Shout out to the Anfield crowd too, best I've heard it in years.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #449: Apr 05, 2018 09:47:16 am
      So, looking forward to the next game & hoping we go through with ease who will be our next opponents?.

Bayern, 5 time winners.
      Barcelona, 4 time winners
      Real Madrid, 11 time winners

Combined European Cup wins from remaining 4 clubs is.... 25 times  :o
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #450: Apr 05, 2018 09:48:13 am
      Glass half full there. Make up your mind.

He's a misery guts mate who cant enjoy a great performance and win.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #451: Apr 05, 2018 09:54:46 am

TAA had a great game!!

It was a good job we won.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #452: Apr 05, 2018 10:06:51 am
      So I'm not sure how we can claim we 'kept a clean sheet' when it was only the officials who secured that for us.

0 shots on target
      0 goals conceded

Clean sheet.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #453: Apr 05, 2018 10:15:20 am
      Fantastic performance from our boys, i'm sure we'll score at Etihad and we'll be through.
      Ebieahi
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | 45 
      Reply #454: Apr 05, 2018 10:41:36 am
      Perfect result and clinical performance, exactly what we needed.
      I was convinced that if we could control their midfielders, that we would be able to beat them...what a performance it was from the team to completely nullify them.
      Never in my wildest dreams would i thought that we could keep them scoreless and even having zero attempts on target, it was really a complete performance.
      We are halfway there, i just hope our players remain fit and that they play with the same intensity at the Etihad to get the important away goal, which will open up the game even more. So, so proud of the Reds!!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #455: Apr 05, 2018 10:59:53 am
      Well that was f**king epic. A masterclass in attack during the first half, a masterclass in defence during the second. Not a single shot on target from City during the entire game. TAA from standing on Wheeleys at Melwood to being one of the best left backs in Europe tonight. What a game. Best of all is the misery in the media about the match not going to plan. They never gave Liverpool a prayer. Go to the Etihad, get an early goal again and put the tie beyond them.

Isn't TAA a right back. :f_whistle:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #456: Apr 05, 2018 10:59:59 am
      Doom merchant here, wonder when we’ll be charged?
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #457: Apr 05, 2018 11:13:28 am
      Proffesional win from the lads.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #458: Apr 05, 2018 11:24:38 am
      Dont post much these days but had to tell someone how much I

1) love robbo
      2) respect milner
      3) admire lovern. Tough times but has kept going

How do we line out saturday mow???
      One thing i would do if I were Klopp, and that is to rest Salah, and treat his suspected groin stain, make sure he is as fit as possible for the return leg at City
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #459: Apr 05, 2018 11:30:43 am
      Fair play to Pep Guardiola for his response to what happened to the bus,and to Klopp's post-match apology.

"We didn't expect that... I know that is not Liverpool, I know the club is bigger than (this). Hopefully it doesn't happen again."
      I think that it was a F***ing disgrace, and it will draw some of the attention on what was another epic European night for Liverpool...

Big -up Pep for his response... A Class act

Quick Reply