Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (2.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      17 (11.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      83 (55.3%)
      James Milner
      19 (12.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2018 09:39:10 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39403 times
      Baconbutty
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 110 posts | 22 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #506: Apr 06, 2018 01:31:33 am
      Special night that weren’t it. Only European nights at Anfield can cause me a midweek hangover as severe as the one I had today.

Thought it’d be a long time before we bettered the atmosphere against Dortmund but I think this did yesterday.

The celebration when we scored the winner against Dortmund was better than any yesterday but for sustained noise, I reckon last night was better.

Guardiola would be pulling his hair out, if he had any, at the thought of trying to put 4 past us without us scoring on the break next week. We’re one of, if not the, best counter attacking side in Europe at the minute.

Up the reds.

PS. Alexander Arnold in particular was f**king superb. Hope those who were writing him off as sh*te the other week are feeling a bit daft today.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2018 01:48:02 am by Baconbutty »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #507: Apr 06, 2018 01:47:09 am
      Oh dear.

So if a team plays badly, concedes 5 simple goals that they should defend, but horrendous officiating negates each goal. Would that be a good performance?

The fact that we got lucky, should not mean that the 2nd half performance was good. It was poor. Had that goal been allowed, then City would have put us under more pressure, akin to the 4-3 game. We invited on the pressure, relied on good fortune, and kept the clean sheet. But on another day, it could have fallen apart.

If you can't see that, then fair enough.

I could see your point if City were creating chances left, right and centre and had the most extremely profligate night in front of goal but they didn't which means you're wrong. Again. Amazing how WUMS like you rely on warped hypotheticals kinda like some sort of pseudo intellectual WUMMING. But WUMMING it is and you sir are a WUM.

WUM.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #508: Apr 06, 2018 01:59:09 am
      Oh dear.

So if a team plays badly, concedes 5 simple goals that they should defend, but horrendous officiating negates each goal. Would that be a good performance?

The fact that we got lucky, should not mean that the 2nd half performance was good. It was poor. Had that goal been allowed, then City would have put us under more pressure, akin to the 4-3 game. We invited on the pressure, relied on good fortune, and kept the clean sheet. But on another day, it could have fallen apart.

Look it from another perspective, we absolutely steam rollered that much our players were a bit tired, Salah came off as a precaution and Firmino was knackered in that second half, but, what was most impressive was how we defended, apart from that chance that was offside, they had loads of possession but did F**k all with it.

Every ball was launched to Sane, yet Trent got better & better as the game wore on and literally had Sane in his back pocket.

It was far from poor!!
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #509: Apr 06, 2018 03:01:43 am
      Quote from DanMann
      Oh dear.

And if Ox had put Firmino clean through on goal, chances are we would have been deservedly 4-0 up well before halftime. Instead he kept his head down on one of his runs, didn't see Firmino at all, the pass was never made, the chance disappeared, and the score stayed at 3.

We may still go 4-0 up. Alternatively, we could be 0-2 down in 10 minutes next week, and clinging onto the lead for dear life, but we'll worry about it if/when the time comes.

I don't want to draw too much attention to Scal-qaeda doing their bit to make sure City didn't park the bus, but you have to ask, was it really wise for the opposition to parade down Anfield Road in a bus with their badge and sponsors plastered all over it? We've all gathered around there as teams come through the gates down the years, and most sides, including ours, use just ordinary standard buses. That's all anyone needs. And the last thing any away side needs for a tie like this, is something to draw unnecessary attention to themselves. Our fans and theirs have a common enemy in English football, and we've suffered equally from the 20 Years of oppression. So there's no history of any aggro when the teams have met down the years. I'm sure that won't be affected by this unfortunate incident, and everything will run as normal again, when the return game is played.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #510: Apr 06, 2018 04:36:11 am
      Oh dear.

And if Ox had put Firmino clean through on goal, chances are we would have been deservedly 4-0 up well before halftime. Instead he kept his head down on one of his runs, didn't see Firmino at all, the pass was never made, the chance disappeared, and the score stayed at 3.

We may still go 4-0 up. Alternatively, we could be 0-2 down in 10 minutes next week, and clinging onto the lead for dear life, but we'll worry about it if/when the time comes.

Can't believe I'm agreeing with lfc across the swamp here but he's right. Swings and round abouts, Dan.

Fact is the whistle had gone and Karius and the defence were already aware it was going to be disallowed before it ended up in the net. Now, my personal opinion is he would have scored regardless but the D was already stopping well before the ball got to him so, it is what it is.

To play your game, and as LFC already has said - Ox had a golden chance to put bobby through that was missed, and the VvD header right on half time was a bloody ripper chance as well. So if we're gonna play the game of "well if this had happened" then we can do it all day with those sliding doors moments as well. If Benteke knew how to hit a barn door then we'd be singing a completely different tune from the weekend as well.

This happens every week in football. We've had PLENTY of unfortunate shitty ref decisions against us that have meant many lost points, so to have one go our way is just the weird karmic nature of football giving us one occasionally. Wasn't a huge deal, we deserved a big win and we got it. Move on.

Anyway!

Gave MOTM to Trent, though coulda gone to plenty of others. What a performance. Work has been slaying me lately and the 4:15am alarm was a f**king sh*t c**t of a thing, so what a way to wake me up than that opening half! Was well impressed with our ability to close down their threats and stifle them in the second half even if I was absolutely shitting it, the fact is we marshalled well and restricted them to half chances at best, which is what good teams do. Sure, they defo have the ability to score worldies but if we can keep them to low percentage chances, we'll be well on our way to the semis. Absolutely chuffed.

Well in to those at Anfield as well, sounded and looked an absolute treat from afar. What a feeling to have these nights back again. Champions League nights at Anfield in the spring, this is what it's all f**king about! ;D :scarf:
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #511: Apr 06, 2018 04:49:19 am
      Oh dear.

We didn’t rely on good fortune.

That second half was the best defensive display we have put in for years against one of the best attacks around and the best it got for them was a goal that had been disallowed which every in the stadium knew had been disallowed before it even went in and the lads had stopped playing.

Makes me laugh you talking about ‘not reaching your standards’ when your standards have Victor Moses out there on his own as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Absolute wum.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #512: Apr 06, 2018 05:24:35 am
      Oh dear.

Oh shut up you tart,

talking out of your sphincter, you make your own luck in football, end of,

F**k off f***in WUM !!!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #513: Apr 06, 2018 07:36:33 am
      I said it would be 3-0, you don't see them posting about me on Twitter.

Give him a break. Good for you Rib. In my mind, I said 1-1 so I will take the result :P
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #514: Apr 06, 2018 10:25:50 am
      Trent's performance for someone so young reminded me of Rob Jones' performance against Man Utd. Souness gave him his debut and he had Giggs in his pocket all game.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #515: Apr 06, 2018 10:54:14 am

Oh shut up you tart,

F**k off f***in WUM !!!

How the F**k bollox there is still posting is a mystery.

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #516: Apr 06, 2018 11:08:08 am
      Trent's performance for someone so young reminded me of Rob Jones' performance against Man Utd. Souness gave him his debut and he had Giggs in his pocket all game.

Robs Grandad Bill Jones was a very versatile player and did this club proud.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #517: Apr 06, 2018 11:32:08 am
      I could see your point if City were creating chances left, right and centre and had the most extremely profligate night in front of goal but they didn't which means you're wrong. Again. Amazing how WUMS like you rely on warped hypotheticals kinda like some sort of pseudo intellectual WUMMING. But WUMMING it is and you sir are a WUM.

WUM.

Your obsession is pathetic.

Don't you know that calling a fellow member a WUM = a warning and possible ban? Careful mate. You're at it again.
      DanMann

• 5,635 posts | 866 
      Reply #518: Apr 06, 2018 11:36:10 am

Oh shut up you tart,

F**k off f***in WUM !!!

:lmao:

Lots of WUM talk here from you guys. Hilarious.

You need to grow up really. Unless you really are 16 which is the age you sound. Then fair enough.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #519: Apr 06, 2018 11:48:46 am
      it depends on the context.
      We outplayed city and didn't rely on good fortune to win the game.
      We did rely on good fortune to keep a clean sheet. They had a disallowed goal that was an extremely tight call, a lot of refs would have let it stand. We received good fortune.
      Now if that disallowed goal proves the deciding factor on who goes into the semi, then we will have relied on good fortune. If we outplay them or draw in the next leg, or lose by just 1 goal, then we didn't rely on good fortune. That doesn't take anything away from the performance that was outstanding in the last leg.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #520: Apr 06, 2018 12:35:59 pm
      :lmao:

Lots of WUM talk here from you guys. Hilarious.

You need to grow up really. Unless you really are 16 which is the age you sound. Then fair enough.

And you just sound like a total f***in tw*t,
      We just had probably one of if not the best performances yet under Klopp yet you come with your inane f***in drivel about how lucky we were,
      F**k off with your sh*t mate, F**k me, even Manc's i know were complimentary about the way we played and the tactics of klopp,

F**k off f***in WUM!!!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #521: Apr 06, 2018 12:41:14 pm

That second half was the best defensive display we have put in for years against one of the best attacks around and the best it got for them was a goal that had been disallowed which every in the stadium knew had been disallowed before it even went in and the lads had stopped playing.

Makes me laugh you talking about ‘not reaching your standards’ when your standards have Victor Moses out there on his own as the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Absolute wum.

Ha! Almost forgot about that!

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #522: Apr 06, 2018 01:10:24 pm
      Your obsession is pathetic.

Don't you know that calling a fellow member a WUM = a warning and possible ban? Careful mate. You're at it again.
      it's not against the rules. I checked and it is against the rules to be a wum but falsely accusing of a wum isn't, so this wum branding is like when players crowed the ref in a game saying yellow card etc.. I made a post about it on the forum feedback how wum branding should be against the rules, the thread was taken down within 5 minutes... it's like oh my freaking gosh, public feedback that's not 100% positive??? Lets stamp that sh*t out faster than Corbyn fires people for wanting second referendums.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #523: Apr 06, 2018 01:42:41 pm
      Any news on Mo Salah?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #524: Apr 06, 2018 01:53:26 pm

He's the best player in the world right now. But that may only be news to everyone that doesn't  support Liverpool.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #525: Apr 06, 2018 02:17:39 pm
      He'll be alright to face city, likely to sit Everton out.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Reply #526: Apr 06, 2018 03:20:45 pm
      He'll be alright to face city, likely to sit Everton out.

They"ll be glad to hear that whereas Citeh will be cursing.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #527: Apr 06, 2018 04:06:01 pm
      Winning first legs at home generally see muted celebrations, as everyone knows it's not the end of the story. Plus the game finished at 4.30 in the afternoon, I'm sure people had other things to get on with, and save the real celebrations til next week.

I dusted off the Road To Istanbul DVD earlier in the week, for the first time in years. When we beat Juventus at home, there was barely a ripple of applause at the final whistle rather than wild celebrations, as I think most of us assumed at the time, that the road would only go so far as the second leg. The win was enough in the end, but you can't really blame people for seeing it as merely half time.

Nah,live for the F***ing moment.Still a chance we blow it next week but we just played and won brilliantly F***ing let go and enjoy,most of these guys weren't fans for our previous champions league runs,so make the most of it,like ya said 4.30 these guys don't really have anywhere to be so celebrate the win.Probs wanna talk sh*t to there manc mates on twitter.Not the way i wanna watch liverpool.

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #528: Apr 06, 2018 04:40:54 pm
      Oh dear.

We didn't 'get lucky' the fact that you're using radical extremes to try and justify your bonehead argument is sad, give it up and admit 'yea maybe I got that one wrong'.

'5 goals ruled out due to horrendous officiating' how the F**k are you comparing that to one of our goals being a touch and go offside and keeping City to 0 shots on target. The officials didn't put the ball in the net, we did! The officials didn't stop City scoring, we did!

What a load of complete nonsense. Just shut up and try for one second to enjoy the win. At this rate if we win the whole thing you may think it was an 'average achievement' so long as we don't get a free kick we don't deserve.

Quick Reply