Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      1 (0.7%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      4 (2.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      17 (11.3%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      83 (55.3%)
      James Milner
      19 (12.7%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      6 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      5 (3.3%)
      Mohammed Salah
      3 (2%)
      Roberto Firmino
      2 (1.3%)
      Sadio Mane
      7 (4.7%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      0 (0%)
      Alberto Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 149

Voting closed: Apr 08, 2018 09:39:10 pm

Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 39405 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,961 posts | 3943 
      Re: Liverpool 3-0 Manchester City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #529: Apr 06, 2018 05:17:01 pm
      Oh dear.

So if a team plays badly, concedes 5 simple goals that they should defend, but horrendous officiating negates each goal. Would that be a good performance?

The fact that we got lucky, should not mean that the 2nd half performance was good. It was poor. Had that goal been allowed, then City would have put us under more pressure, akin to the 4-3 game. We invited on the pressure, relied on good fortune, and kept the clean sheet. But on another day, it could have fallen apart.

If you can't see that, then fair enough.

Your jaundiced opinion of course.

The facts are that the runaway leaders of the Prem. would not be as comfortable as they are if they faced a manager and a team like LFC more than twice in the season.
      The tactical genius of Jürgen Klopp has seen us beat Citeh this season, not once but twice.

The only club to defeat Citeh not once but twice in the whole Premier League, that in itself deserves respect and any true supporter of this club will acknowledge the fact.
      Obviously an element of your professed support for LFC differs from the majority.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #530: Apr 06, 2018 05:31:54 pm
      Oh dear.

So if a team plays badly, concedes 5 simple goals that they should defend, but horrendous officiating negates each goal. Would that be a good performance?

The fact that we got lucky, should not mean that the 2nd half performance was good. It was poor. Had that goal been allowed, then City would have put us under more pressure, akin to the 4-3 game. We invited on the pressure, relied on good fortune, and kept the clean sheet. But on another day, it could have fallen apart.

If you can't see that, then fair enough.

It was an offside, so if it stood we would have been robbed.

Enjoy the result and performance. If you think that we can play like the 1st half even the second, you're playing Football manager!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #531: Apr 06, 2018 06:55:43 pm
      Should post in the next game pre match thread .

This is Mr Guardiola's record in the knock out phases of the Champions League ...

Here are the stats ...

2:0 Arsenal
      1:1 United
      0:1 Real Madrid
      0:0 Shakhtar
      1:3 Porto
      0:3 FC Barcelona
      2:2 Juventus
      2:2 Benfica
      0:1 Atletico M.
      1:3 Monaco
      4:0 Basel
      0:3 Liverpool

2 Wins, 4 Draws, 6 Losses!

Goals :  13 For :19 Against

and where did I get these stats from ?

Red Cafe web site  ;D

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/peps-record-in-away-legs-of-cl-knockouts.437719/

Page 1 Post Number 7.

They're obsessed on their forum with us and their noisy neighbours.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,821 posts | 4920 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #532: Apr 07, 2018 09:45:42 am
      Should post in the next game pre match thread .

This is Mr Guardiola's record in the knock out phases of the Champions League ...

Here are the stats ...

2:0 Arsenal
      1:1 United
      0:1 Real Madrid
      0:0 Shakhtar
      1:3 Porto
      0:3 FC Barcelona
      2:2 Juventus
      2:2 Benfica
      0:1 Atletico M.
      1:3 Monaco
      4:0 Basel
      0:3 Liverpool

2 Wins, 4 Draws, 6 Losses!

Goals :  13 For :19 Against

and where did I get these stats from ?

Red Cafe web site  ;D

http://www.redcafe.net/threads/peps-record-in-away-legs-of-cl-knockouts.437719/

Page 1 Post Number 7.

They're obsessed on their forum with us and their noisy neighbours.

Always have been Skip, they hate the thought that someone else is better than them, their arrogance is astounding, I'm currently in a debate on fb with a manky manc who cannot acknowledge the  history of each of our clubs, he only wants to talk about what they have won down the years...the prem years, funny how he has no memory of pre-'93' when they were winning F**k ALL!

This is what happens when the glory hunters come out of the woodwork, i wasn't slow in reminding him that their bubble has well and truly burst and we are back to knock them off their f***in perch......Squaawwwkk !!!

YNWA
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #533: Apr 07, 2018 05:18:02 pm

Always have been Skip, they hate the thought that someone else is better than them, their arrogance is astounding, I'm currently in a debate on fb with a manky manc who cannot acknowledge the  history of each of our clubs, he only wants to talk about what they have won down the years...the prem years, funny how he has no memory of pre-'93' when they were winning F**k ALL!

This is what happens when the glory hunters come out of the woodwork, i wasn't slow in reminding him that their bubble has well and truly burst and we are back to knock them off their f***in perch......Squaawwwkk !!!

YNWA

Billy Mate ...
      Just tell him we are England's most successful club of the 20th century.
      He can never change that stat.

;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 07, 2018 09:04:14 pm by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #534: Apr 07, 2018 09:05:25 pm
      Manc result did us no harm for next leg.

Would have shaken their confidence today ....... good for us.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #535: Apr 07, 2018 09:28:30 pm
      Manc result did us no harm for next leg.

Would have shaken their confidence today ....... good for us.

Definitely mate, it was good that they were in a proper game and players like Sane and Fernadino played the full 90 so it's not like pep was able to rest his whole side
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #536: Apr 07, 2018 09:58:41 pm
      City went 3:2 behind, brought on the big guns for the last 20 and couldn’t get an equaliser. 20 shots to 5 and failed to get on terms after being 2 up.
      That tells me, not just that the confidence has been shattered, but after wed night, they have been well and truly shaken to the roots. They are head shot. Their self belief has been destroyed, and that will not repair itself mentally in the short time, we all know that.
      They must be dreading Tuesday after them last two games.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #537: Apr 07, 2018 11:04:21 pm
      City went 3:2 behind, brought on the big guns for the last 20 and couldn’t get an equaliser. 20 shots to 5 and failed to get on terms after being 2 up.
      That tells me, not just that the confidence has been shattered, but after wed night, they have been well and truly shaken to the roots. They are head shot. Their self belief has been destroyed, and that will not repair itself mentally in the short time, we all know that.

I do agree to some extent but did you see the first half? They ripped united apart and could have been 5-0 up and that's being kind on Man U. That's the city I'm worried about.

I think they thought the game was over with and they took their foot off the gas and began to focus on Tuesdays game. Then all of a sudden bam they're 3-2 down.

They will definitely be going home tonight though with doubts in their minds wondering if they're are good as what they think they are and what the media have painted them out to be all season. Two losses on the bounce, 6 goals conceded and now your up against one of the best attacks in Europe in a game where you need to score at least 3 goals.....their confidence will definitely be dented. 
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #538: Apr 07, 2018 11:57:28 pm
      I do agree to some extent but did you see the first half? They ripped united apart and could have been 5-0 up and that's being kind on Man U. That's the city I'm worried about.

I think they thought the game was over with and they took their foot off the gas and began to focus on Tuesdays game. Then all of a sudden bam they're 3-2 down.

I actually don't think we will see the same level of complacency we saw today when we play them. I think they will play like how they did vs us in the 2nd half and Utd 1st half for 90 mins! So we will need to be at our absolute best!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #539: Apr 08, 2018 12:31:45 am
      We have a good advantage and are favourites, but this City side is good.  I mean in that first half against utd they scored 2 goals sterling missed 3 good chances and their were more.  They scored 2 goals could have easily scored another 3 goals against a very defensive and well organised team.   We need to really score first and really dominate the first half like last time to really kick the confidence out of them.They have lost 2 on the bounce and Salah is massive, we need him and at his best along with Mane and Firmino. 
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #540: Apr 08, 2018 12:51:39 am
      We have a good advantage and are favourites, but this City side is good.  I mean in that first half against utd they scored 2 goals sterling missed 3 good chances and their were more.  They scored 2 goals could have easily scored another 3 goals against a very defensive and well organised team.   We need to really score first and really dominate the first half like last time to really kick the confidence out of them.They have lost 2 on the bounce and Salah is massive, we need him and at his best along with Mane and Firmino.

Yes.

I have a bad feeling after today, although I think most of it is seeing how impotent we are in attack without our front three working together and TAA, Robbo and Ox in support.  Hopefully the regulars will be fit and can set an early tone for the return leg with some solid attacking play.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #541: Apr 08, 2018 01:09:14 am
      Yeah the biggest factor is that all our major first team players are available. Robbo and Salah.  We don't want any bad news as our bench is going to bland.  TAA needs to be the same as last time.   
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #542: Apr 08, 2018 01:15:32 am
      I have watched the replay of the match and City is not as poor as we thought it to be. They missed some chances, if they had scored one of those chances, the outcome would be very dfferent. Without Aguero, half their threat was taken away and they only relied on 2 players in Sane and Silva to unlock our defence. Their main weakness is in their defence, they can score 2 goals and concede 3 next. Probably the opposition was giving their defence too much respect.

I think their defence was shell shocked in the last game as probably no other club  ran at their defence with such speed and aggression. yes, their weakness is in their defence, if we could get the ball into their box, their defence will struggle. Score another goal early in the return lef and and they will need to score 5 to win the match. The match is won or lost in midfield. As long as we don;t given them time on the ball they will struggle. Every ball was targeting Sane in the last macth. If Aguero is in the team for the next match, he will need to be man mark as well as Sane.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #543: Apr 08, 2018 01:42:56 am
      In my opinion their defence isn't bad.  It is just not used to being attacked.  Everyone seems frightened to attack them. We are the only team that really go for them.  And today Utd went for them when it was a lost hope and still manage to shock them.   I though agree that they don't like it and it effect them to making mistakes. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #544: Apr 08, 2018 02:07:37 am

Agree with that.
      Questioning their invincibility ... or lack of.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,030 posts | 1973 
      Reply #545: Apr 08, 2018 03:18:01 am
      I actually don't think we will see the same level of complacency we saw today when we play them. I think they will play like how they did vs us in the 2nd half and Utd 1st half for 90 mins! So we will need to be at our absolute best!

I agree mate I think they'll throw the kitchen sink at it. They've got no other choice really.

Problem they have though is how the hell do you play gung ho against a team with an attack as good as ours?

Uniteds goals before were just so basic. So simple. It's given me even more confidence now of going there and scoring not only one, but maybe two or three.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #546: Apr 08, 2018 03:29:23 am
      Their biggest problem is that they cannot concede, and if they go all out from the begging they’ll leave a lot of space at the back. They’ll leave a lots of space and we can hurt them in the counter, to me one goal is what we need to be in the semis, don’t see them scoring 5 against us.
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #547: Apr 08, 2018 08:04:15 am
      They looked great in the first half because United allowed them to play.

We need to stick to our game plan, high tempo, pressing the ball and breaking at speed.

It’s hard for them to go all out attack when they know it will leave the spaces that we love to exploit.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #548: Apr 08, 2018 03:31:53 pm
      Quote from leosc
      Their biggest problem is that they cannot concede, and if they go all out from the begging they’ll leave a lot of space at the back. They’ll leave a lots of space and we can hurt them in the counter, to me one goal is what we need to be in the semis, don’t see them scoring 5 against us.

PSG played Barcelona last year, with a bigger lead from the first leg, scored away, and still went out. So I won't assume we've done the job until the ref says so.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #549: Apr 09, 2018 04:31:11 am
      PSG played Barcelona last year, with a bigger lead from the first leg, scored away, and still went out. So I won't assume we've done the job until the ref says so.

A game that had some highly questionable decisions in favour of Barca if I remember rightly?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #550: Apr 09, 2018 04:35:11 am
      Yes you remember correct, one of those being a Suarez dive that gave Barca a penalty and one on Di Maria that was not sanctioned.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #551: Apr 09, 2018 04:36:36 am
      Yes you remember correct, one of those being a Suarez dive that gave Barca a penalty and one on Di Maria that was not sanctioned.

Incident involving Neymar too wasn’t there?

Quick Reply