Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm

Read 12172 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm
      Reply #23: Apr 05, 2018 02:00:51 pm
      Can't understand all this "lets rest players". Top 4 is still the priority. Maybe Salah won't be risked but Klopp will put out his strongest team to get a result. Fair enough a top game 2 days after the City clash is a test but it doesn't justify all this rest players stuff.

This is the business end of the season and nobody gets a day off. I mean when was the last time you got a call from your milkman saying he has been rested by the Dairy after a tough few days..!

n.b I'm not a milkman as it happens...but still.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #24: Apr 05, 2018 02:22:14 pm
      Can't understand all this "lets rest players". Top 4 is still the priority. Maybe Salah won't be risked but Klopp will put out his strongest team to get a result. Fair enough a top game 2 days after the City clash is a test but it doesn't justify all this rest players stuff.

This is the business end of the season and nobody gets a day off. I mean when was the last time you got a call from your milkman saying he has been rested by the Dairy after a tough few days..!

n.b I'm not a milkman as it happens...but still.

Utter tripe.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #25: Apr 05, 2018 02:29:03 pm

Well we will see if Klopp rests players...if he does then and only then can you describe my post as " Utter tripe"...

But I respectfully thank you for your reply...have a nice day.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,348 posts | 2818 
      Reply #26: Apr 05, 2018 02:37:45 pm
      Only just watched Klopp's interview after last night - he's still absolutely fuming we've got a 12.30 KO for this one.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #27: Apr 05, 2018 02:40:24 pm
      Well we will see if Klopp rests players...if he does then and only then can you describe my post as " Utter tripe"...

But I respectfully thank you for your reply...have a nice day.

The Milkman analogy...

Proper Daily Mail type sh*te that
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #28: Apr 05, 2018 03:49:07 pm
      For the first time I can remember I literally could not give a sh*t about this game, play the reserves and if we win or draw then its a bonus. We are so vulnerable to injuries that we have to be careful in the remaining games, and derby matches are notoriously physical.
      The other argument is that Everton are sh*te at the moment and our reserve team can probably give them a good game.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #29: Apr 05, 2018 04:04:57 pm
      Only just watched Klopp's interview after last night - he's still absolutely fuming we've got a 12.30 KO for this one.

As he should. He mentioned it before, there are top football leagues that would move a fixture back weeks for the sake of their teams competing in big European matches. The only vision the top executives in England have is for pound/dollar/Euro/lucre/whatever.

But I think his comments also make it likely that changes to the lineup for Saturday will be less, not more.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #30: Apr 05, 2018 05:01:32 pm
      Play the youth team, we'd still have enough to beat that shower of bitter & twisted, bluenosed bas**rds!!
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,291 posts | 763 
      Reply #31: Apr 05, 2018 05:11:22 pm
      Remember this is Everton's " cup final" certainly do not want to lose this game, with one eye on the 2nd leg against Man City, a few days later.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #32: Apr 05, 2018 06:40:30 pm
      Conor Masterson, Curtis Jones, Nat Phillips, Rafa Camacho and Herbie Kane were all at Melwood training this afternoon.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #33: Apr 05, 2018 06:43:22 pm
      Conor Masterson, Curtis Jones, Nat Phillips, Rafa Camacho and Herbie Kane were all at Melwood training this afternoon.

I hope Herbie Kane starts, I really like him!!!!
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #34: Apr 05, 2018 06:44:09 pm
      I hope Herbie Kane starts, I really like him!!!!

I do not watch the U23s, how is he?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #35: Apr 05, 2018 06:48:17 pm
      I do not watch the U23s, how is he?

Combative strong midfielder thats comfortable playing as the deepest lying midfielder or as a box-boxer.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing him playing as a #6 for us.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #36: Apr 05, 2018 06:52:29 pm
      Combative strong midfielder thats comfortable playing as the deepest lying midfielder or as a box-boxer.  I actually wouldn't mind seeing him playing as a #6 for us.

I would say, go for it then. Is he local? He will be passionate if so.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #37: Apr 05, 2018 06:56:49 pm
      I would say, go for it then. Is he local? He will be passionate if so.

I don't think he is. Here, just googled and found this :)

WHAT'S HE GOT?

This young Liverpool academy player shows a maturity beyond his years. Anchoring his side he was a dominating presence in a recent game, protecting his three central defenders.

Standing at around 5ft 9in with broad shoulders and a tough frame, he policed the central areas, intercepting and starting attacks. One early cross-field ball set the tone — it travelled 60 yards and the accuracy was perfect.

Soon after he was in the thick of it, showing a competitive spirit, determined to win tackles and intercept passes. He looks as though he knows his role and as the game wore on his influence grew.

The performance of his two fellow midfielders — good in possession but poor in transition — meant that his workload involved constantly plugging gaps when the opposition broke against his team.

Kane challenged well in the air and showed ability in tight situations. I also liked the way that when he received from the central defenders he would return the ball, making a good angle and space for a second pass.

It did not surprise me that he had the captain's armband and he showed responsibility and leadership that highlighted the lack of drive of some of his team-mates.

WHAT DOES HE NEED?

A lack of pace is often apparent in holding players but positioning is possibly more important and this does not seem to be a problem.

Kane's first move is in his head and that means he positions himself well. This recent performance highlighted a disappointing display from his team and this application — allied with his ability — may see him move up Jürgen Klopp's pecking order.

His tutors at Anfield will include Steven Gerrard and I shall watch his progress with interest.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5451591/Liverpools-Herbie-Kane-shows-maturity-years.html
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #38: Apr 05, 2018 09:10:33 pm
      These beauts bent over with arses in the ar last week for city now they are all talk in the press about giving a big performance against us.

Id gladly lose 4-1 to city tuesday in order to beat these shitehawks saturday. Complete tosser club
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,544 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #39: Apr 05, 2018 10:13:48 pm
      Sorry, know it's a derby, but can't think about anything other than the CL 2nd leg.
      Next mid weeks game is MASSIVE.   A semi final spot at stake in the only compo with a trophy we have a chance of this season.
      City will come at us with everything they have next week, we'll need everything we have, can't let the lead slip.

So would go something like:

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Henderson
      Can/Gini
      Masterson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke

But ... don't think Jürgen will rest that many.
      And he generally gets the balance right.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #40: Apr 05, 2018 10:40:18 pm
      Sorry, know it's a derby, but can't think about anything other than the CL 2nd leg.
      Next mid weeks game is MASSIVE.   A semi final spot at stake in the only compo with a trophy we have a chance of this season.
      City will come at us with everything they have next week, we'll need everything we have, can't let the lead slip.

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Henderson
      Can/Gini
      Masterson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke

Don't think either Klaven or Gomez is available for selection, Can has not practiced in 2 weeks and could be out for the year....and I honestly don't see why Karius would need a rest or why migs would ever get a sniff at starting again.
      « Last Edit: Apr 05, 2018 11:08:35 pm by AZPatriot »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #41: Apr 05, 2018 11:11:51 pm
      Hendo is nailed on. Clyne will probably get a game. Moreno the left back. Dont think we can rest the centre backs.

Hendo and some young lads in midfield with the likes of Ings and Solankie as the forward options.

In all likelihood Evertons day in the sun but it would be pretty funny if we beat them.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #42: Apr 05, 2018 11:28:06 pm
      These beauts bent over with arses in the ar last week for city now they are all talk in the press about giving a big performance against us.

Id gladly lose 4-1 to city tuesday in order to beat these shitehawks saturday. Complete tosser club
      Why don't you have a nice cup of shut the **** up. I'd hate to lose 4-1 and give Everton the pleasure of saying "Should have fielded a weaker side" and have Keith secretly grinning ear to ear while there is a forum meltdown. How about you think about that one? We are having the biggest game in a decade and you would rather throw the towel in just so we can have bragging rights over a mediocre club that is skirting around mid table? Get a grip!
      What would Everton hate the most? Us getting to the semi or losing against us? Same for United for that matter! Win CL and nothing else matters this season. We are going to win the CL and if we don't, we will qualify top four regardless of the result against Everton.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #43: Apr 06, 2018 12:05:48 am
      Lose to Everton and we hand Chelsea a way back into the top four reckoning.

And no our U23s are not good enough to beat an Everton team has drawn against us and pushed us until Virgil's late winner in the Cup tie.

There will, be some changes, but I honestly don't expect to see many (if any) of these fringe player names some of you are suggesting in the starting XI on Saturday.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #44: Apr 06, 2018 01:52:46 am

Mignolet
      Clyne
      Gomez
      Klavan
      Moreno
      Henderson
      Can/Gini
      Masterson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke

Klavan and Gomez are still injured and Can is supposedly out for the season!!

Personally and it might sound a bit radical I'd change the formation and go  with four in midfield and two up top.

Karius
      Clyne
      Lovern
      VVD
      Robbo
      Chamberlain
      Milner
      Henderson
      Moreno
      Solanke
      Ings

Possibly swap Milner for Gini, but I'd prefer to start Milner.

Or stick with the current formation and play Albie up in the three alongside Ings & Solanke.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,688 posts | 3709 
      Reply #45: Apr 06, 2018 07:33:33 am
      I would be happy with we rest the front three because the others can play. I'm sticking with my predicted team.

Quick Reply