Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W11 D6 L12

Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm

Read 12200 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Re: Pre-Match: Everton v Liverpool 07/04/18 12:30pm
      Reply #69: Apr 06, 2018 12:27:58 pm
      How about ;
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Masterton
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Winjaldum
      Henderson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke
      Firmino

3-1
       :kop5cf8koxp6:

I don't believe Woodburn has been fit for a little while mate, he'd certainly be in my line-up if he was though.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #70: Apr 06, 2018 01:04:11 pm
      How about ;
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Masterton
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Winjaldum
      Henderson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke
      Firmino

3-1
      Yeah Karius a goalkeeper needs a rest. Jesus Christ keep Mignolet as far away from the team as possible

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,703 posts | 3716 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #71: Apr 06, 2018 01:32:52 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,822 posts | 2455 
      Reply #72: Apr 06, 2018 01:50:54 pm
      How about ;
      Mignolet
      Clyne
      Masterton
      Lovren
      Moreno
      Winjaldum
      Henderson
      Woodburn
      Ings
      Solanke
      Firmino

3-1

Sure if you are happy to hand Everton 3 points.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #73: Apr 06, 2018 02:35:59 pm
      Klopp said he hasn't ruled Mo out for tomorrow yet (but to me it sounds like its unlikely Mo will play, at least from the start). He did mention Danny Ings as having a good chance to start.

When asked about the kids training he only said they would be used "at the right time."

Which makes me wonder again about Ben Woodburn, who seems to have fallen off the radar a bit with us, despite being chosen for more Wales teams.

Klopp also described those who damaged the City bus as "idiots" that ruined the great feeling he had from the reception for the Liverpool bus outside the stadium.
      « Last Edit: Apr 06, 2018 03:19:46 pm by Robby The Z »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,654 posts | 6949 
      Reply #74: Apr 06, 2018 02:46:51 pm
      Can't understand all this "lets rest players".

Half the team looked dead on their feet in the second half on Wednesday night.  I can't imagine too many of them are at 100% tomorrow morning anyway.

I know we'll all like a laugh about it, but at the level they play at then a 100% fit Moreno for example is going to be far more use to us than a 90% Robertson and you could probably go through the whole team like that. 

Klopp's said today that if players aren't 100% then they won't play and given we've had a very good season in terms of injuries (until these internationals) then you have to say that he might be on to something.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #75: Apr 06, 2018 03:02:50 pm
      We have to rotate in this game, keep a fairly solid defence, with Moreno and Clyne coming in for TAA and Robbo and Henderson in midfield with a few fringe young players, then give Ings and Solanke a full game to impress up front. If we lose then who cares really, the 2nd leg with Citeh is far more important and especially avoiding any silly injuries.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #76: Apr 06, 2018 03:05:35 pm
      Everton have been sh*t all season and they will be sh*t again tomorrow.
      Their performance against Man City last week was a disgrace and an embarrassment and would've made Howard Kendall turn in his grave.
      They are abysmal in defence with that donkey Williams in the middle and I do believe that the fresh legs of Ings and Moreno and even Clyne will cause them a lot of problems.
      As JD said we looked fu**ed as the game drew to a close on Wednesday and despite being thin on the ground squad wise we need to utilise those extra players we have whoever we are playing at this stage of the season.
      Note to mods ;
      Put a poll up now and get the verdict ;
      Qualify against City on Tuesday by playing a weakened first team and dropping points against Everton?
      or
      Play full strength first team in the derby and win but surrender the 3-0 lead at the Ethiad?
      or
      Shut the f**k up, we have enough to do both ;D

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,611 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #77: Apr 06, 2018 03:19:42 pm
      Half the team looked dead on their feet in the second half on Wednesday night.  I can't imagine too many of them are at 100% tomorrow morning anyway.

I know we'll all like a laugh about it, but at the level they play at then a 100% fit Moreno for example is going to be far more use to us than a 90% Robertson and you could probably go through the whole team like that. 

Klopp's said today that if players aren't 100% then they won't play and given we've had a very good season in terms of injuries (until these internationals) then you have to say that he might be on to something.

Klopp has rotated more than any other manager in the league this season.
      He has to.

Fully expect to see: Clyne, Moreno, Gini, Ings, and maybe one more change.
      Given the output expected from the fullbacks TAA and Robertson would be the most likely changes,
      along with Salah and Mane/Firmino. Henderson will play because he's out of the return.
      So - Henderson, Gini and Ox/Milner.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #78: Apr 06, 2018 03:29:44 pm
      Everton have been sh*t all season and they will be sh*t again tomorrow.
      Their performance against Man City last week was a disgrace and an embarrassment and would've made Howard Kendall turn in his grave.
      They are abysmal in defence with that donkey Williams in the middle and I do believe that the fresh legs of Ings and Moreno and even Clyne will cause them a lot of problems.
      As JD said we looked fu**ed as the game drew to a close on Wednesday and despite being thin on the ground squad wise we need to utilise those extra players we have whoever we are playing at this stage of the season.
      Note to mods ;
      Put a poll up now and get the verdict ;
      Qualify against City on Tuesday by playing a weakened first team and dropping points against Everton?
      or
      Play full strength first team in the derby and win but surrender the 3-0 lead at the Ethiad?
      or
      Shut the f**k up, we have enough to do both ;D

Your poll questions cracked me up. Thanks for that.

I have been accepting that those who want to make a lot of changes tomorrow still want to win tomorrow, and hopefully those who disagree with me and others that Jürgen will and should still field a strong team tomorrow, recognize that we also want to advance in the Champions League.

Agree with JD that more experienced backups like Moreno are likely to be included in the starting XI. Klopp mentioned Ings in the presser so that seems likely, especially with Salah carrying a knock. Maybe this is the right time to give Clyne his first game back.

But these U23s that have been training, I wouldn't expect them in the starting XI and maybe not even the squad. Masterson will be in there as there are no other center backs for cover. Curtis Jones is probably the most likely of the others to be on the bench.

How about:

Karius

Clyne
      Moreno
      VVD
      Lovren

Henderson
      Milner
      Ox

Sadio
      Bobby
      Ings

Bench: Mignolet, Masterson, TAA, Robbo, Gini, Solanke, Curtis Jones
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #79: Apr 06, 2018 04:01:02 pm
      Your poll questions cracked me up. Thanks for that.

I have been accepting that those who want to make a lot of changes tomorrow still want to win tomorrow, and hopefully those who disagree with me and others that Jürgen will and should still field a strong team tomorrow, recognize that we also want to advance in the Champions League.

Agree with JD that more experienced backups like Moreno are likely to be included in the starting XI. Klopp mentioned Ings in the presser so that seems likely, especially with Salah carrying a knock. Maybe this is the right time to give Clyne his first game back.

But these U23s that have been training, I wouldn't expect them in the starting XI and maybe not even the squad. Masterson will be in there as there are no other center backs for cover. Curtis Jones is probably the most likely of the others to be on the bench.

How about:

Karius

Clyne
      Moreno
      VVD
      Lovren

Henderson
      Milner
      Ox

Sadio
      Bobby
      Ings

Bench: Mignolet, Masterson, TAA, Robbo, Gini, Solanke, Curtis Jones
      Would be mad to start Sadio, it would basically mean he can't start against City. There is no way he can start 3 games in a row when those 3 games are all in a space of 7 days. Bobby on the other hand, he came off early against City, so he will likely play, but probably start on the bench.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #80: Apr 06, 2018 04:08:15 pm
      The only thing I would say to the question of resting first choice players is - think how you would feel Saturday at full time if we lose or draw.

There may be a couple of forced subs due to injury,  but not wholesale changes.

I'll feel a lot bloody worse if we blow it next Tuesday that's for sure.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #81: Apr 06, 2018 04:33:21 pm
      My team would be:
      Karius
      Clyne Lovren VanDijk Moreno
      Henderson Wijnaldum Woodburn
      Mane Solanke Ings

The for City:
      Karius
      TAA Lovren VanDijk Robertson
      Wijnaldum Milner Ox
      Salah Firmino Mane

That rests 6 players for the City game and I trust the team chosen above to beat Everton.

We could easily find ourselves 2-0 down at the Etihad and we do not need tired legs in midfield especially.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #82: Apr 06, 2018 04:43:05 pm
      Something like...

Karius

Clyne
      Lovren
      VVD
      Moreno

Henderson
      Gini
      Ox

Mane
      Firmino
      Woodburn
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #83: Apr 06, 2018 05:46:13 pm

We could easily find ourselves 2-0 down at the Etihad and we do not need tired legs in midfield especially.

This all day. Those advocating playing several of our starting 11 in both games are short sited IMO. Yes the derby is important but given our position in relation to Chelsea and the current injury crisis the City game has to take priority. I figure the best way to qualify for next years competition is to win the bloody thing this year! We’re a game away from the semi-final. Unbelievable really, I hope Klopp doesn’t risk it by playing the likes of Firmino, Ox and Robertson.
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #84: Apr 06, 2018 05:47:14 pm
      Is Woodburn available?
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #85: Apr 06, 2018 05:57:34 pm
      Klopp basically came out and said that Ing's is starting.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #86: Apr 06, 2018 06:00:44 pm
      Klopp basically came out and said that Ing's is starting.
      good
      sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,028 posts | 529 
      Reply #87: Apr 06, 2018 06:08:05 pm
      With us teetering on the edge of an injury crisis, the last thing we need is a game against these dirty bas**rds.

On the other hand, they are sh*te, so we can afford to rest a few in my opinion.

Milner is top of my list for a day off. We really need him fresh and fit on Tuesday, with Hendo and Can out. I'd like to rest Ox, Robbo, TAA as well. ( Would be good if Woodburn was available, but I don't think he is.)

So, I'd go -

Karius

Clyne   Lovren   VVD  Moreno

Mane  Hendo    Gini   Ings

Solanke  Bobby

Bring Ox on for Mane early in the 2nd half, so neither plays the full 90.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,434 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #88: Apr 06, 2018 06:08:59 pm
      This all day. Those advocating playing several of our starting 11 in both games are short sited IMO. Yes the derby is important but given our position in relation to Chelsea and the current injury crisis the City game has to take priority. I figure the best way to qualify for next years competition is to win the bloody thing this year! We’re a game away from the semi-final. Unbelievable really, I hope Klopp doesn’t risk it by playing the likes of Firmino, Ox and Robertson.

The whole point of the early season rotation was to be ready for the run in, pick the best available team and worry about citeh afterwards
      Scottbot

• 9,616 posts | 2159 
      Reply #89: Apr 06, 2018 06:14:35 pm
      The whole point of the early season rotation was to be ready for the run in, pick the best available team and worry about citeh afterwards

I respect your opinion mate but if we beat the bitters with a full strength side and then we’re flagging on Tuesday only to lose the tie in the 2nd half I strongly suspect you would be re-evaluating your viewpoint.

We’ve scored 7 goals against city this season. Virtually every one of em has come from a high intensity high press. In the 2nd half of both games you could visibly see our lads run out of steam (do you disagree?)

Crazy to play our full strength side in the derby.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,548 posts | 1667 
      • YNWA
      Reply #90: Apr 06, 2018 06:16:18 pm
      Whatever about the score prediction, anyone predicting the full team for this one deserves a prize :)
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #91: Apr 06, 2018 06:46:54 pm
      I respect your opinion mate but if we beat the bitters with a full strength side and then we’re flagging on Tuesday only to lose the tie in the 2nd half I strongly suspect you would be re-evaluating your viewpoint.

We’ve scored 7 goals against city this season. Virtually every one of em has come from a high intensity high press. In the 2nd half of both games you could visibly see our lads run out of steam (do you disagree?)

Crazy to play our full strength side in the derby.

We have played a full strength squad against them and lost...the kind of negative football that is played it is very possible to do so.....It's also very possible that a mixed group of players like ings/solanke and others could do just as well against this group.

So in essence I agree with you 100% especially with our front 3...they need to be rested.

Quick Reply