Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Everton?

Loris Karius
      24 (33.8%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      2 (2.8%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      3 (4.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      13 (18.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (1.4%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      25 (35.2%)
      Jordan Henderson
      1 (1.4%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (1.4%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)
      Dominic Solanke
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      0 (0%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      1 (1.4%)
      Roberto Firmino
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 70

Voting closed: Apr 11, 2018 02:20:11 pm

Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 16886 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Everton 0-0 Liverpool: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #276: Apr 07, 2018 05:18:52 pm
      I'm not sure we would have won with a full strength team. Pickford could have made more saves and still 0-0. Nobody knows. It's a good hard earned point and looking forward 10/15 from our last 5 would be enough. Probably even 7/15 if we beat Chelsea in may. 8/15 if we draw with them, that's considering Chelsea take maximum points from other games.

Who knows what would have happened, but with a strong line up (Salah, Firmino etc), we would have had a better chance of winning!! But then again, we could have had the same scoreline or even lost... who knows! Main thing is, we came out unscatched and it was more or less an easy training game.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #277: Apr 07, 2018 05:47:42 pm
      No complaints.

Jürgen did the right thing re rotation with the 2nd leg coming up.

Lost traction though and second place is now a bit more difficult irrespective of what happens in the next hour between city and Scum.
      Spuds on our shoulders.

Karius my MOTM for simply that amazing save and good performance throughout.
      Another one Migs would have still be standing there looking for.
      Our GK is definitely saving us points .

sore monad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,020 posts | 527 
      Reply #278: Apr 07, 2018 05:58:27 pm
      Meh. Pretty dull but I thought we played ok til we ran out of steam at the end. A lot of players who hadn't had much game time, so I thought they did ok.

Clyne looked pretty good considering how long he has been out. Klavan did alright at LB. We missed Firmino and Salah up front though, so I'll probably be giving my perennial call for us to bring in a striker in the next transfer window. No injuries, touch wood, so happy enough.

Thought Gini was our MOTM, followed by Milner. Top save by Karius as well - the doubts I had about him have diminished with every game, playing well now.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #279: Apr 07, 2018 06:00:08 pm
      Didn’t compromise our players for Tuesday and got a point. I’m happy with that.
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #280: Apr 07, 2018 06:16:52 pm
      Could argue that Firmino was in effect the only one rested. Clyne could easily displace TAA. Salah & Robbo have knocks. Ox is not an ever present by any means so really Bobby was the only one who was rested.

Game showed than Mane is only effective in a fast paced tricky front 3. And how much we rely on Salah.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #281: Apr 07, 2018 06:33:36 pm
      Poor game by both sides. Now for plenty of injuries in cuteh game.

YNWA
      Harrisimo

• 8,272 posts | 1396 
      Reply #282: Apr 07, 2018 06:34:21 pm
      Dropped 2 points whatever way we look at it. If Chelsea win their two games in hand we are 5 clear, 6 if you count our goal diff.

10 draws out of 33 games..not far off 30% draws. Top 4 could still go down to the wire. Just 5 league games left. Down to play Chelsea away 5th May....could be a crucial. Although 9 points from our remaining home games..and at leat 1 point from the two away games would see us finish in the top 4 .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #283: Apr 07, 2018 06:40:14 pm
      Dropped 2 points whatever way we look at it. If Chelsea win their two games in hand we are 5 clear, 6 if you count our goal diff.

10 draws out of 33 games..not far off 30% draws. Top 4 could still go down to the wire. Just 5 league games left. Down to play Chelsea away 5th May....could be a crucial. Although 9 points from our remaining home games..and at leat 1 point from the two away games would see us finish in the top 4 .

I'll wait until Chelsea's match tomorrow before deciding the context of this.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #284: Apr 07, 2018 07:05:04 pm
      Good idea in terms of rotation, just shows that our second choice forwards are not even close to being good enough.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #285: Apr 07, 2018 08:11:24 pm
      Good idea in terms of rotation, just shows that our second choice forwards are not even close to being good enough.

Some times a striker is just about finishing. If they don’t get the service, or there’s no room to manoeuvre due to opposition crowding the box, doesn’t mean they’re a poor striker!
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #286: Apr 07, 2018 08:18:12 pm
      I haven’t seen the game, as I had to take the grandson to Twickenham to watch some egg chasing 😱
      He enjoyed himself though.
      I did try keep up on here but poor connection. When I saw the stats, had to check who was at home FFS.
      That Fat Sam is a disgrace to the premiership.
      And they call the fat headed tw*t a top manager.
      What a f**king joke he is, and what a f**king joke that little club has become.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #287: Apr 07, 2018 08:38:14 pm
      Was it left back he came on for? I was sure he was brought on in midfield?

Oh yes, it was midfield. I just mentioned it to say Klopp is willing to use him, but I see that you did specifyyou think it is Moreno's defense he doesn't trust. Fair enough.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #288: Apr 07, 2018 08:53:07 pm
      I haven’t seen the game, as I had to take the grandson to Twickenham to watch some egg chasing 😱
      He enjoyed himself though.
      I did try keep up on here but poor connection. When I saw the stats, had to check who was at home FFS.
      That Fat Sam is a disgrace to the premiership.
      And they call the fat headed tw*t a top manager.
      What a f**king joke he is, and what a f**king joke that little club has become.

Glad he had a fun day out with his granddad. Those are priceless experiences.

As far as Sam goes, to me he is the poster child for everything that is wrong with English football. He evidently has been a central figure in that entire undercurrent of bungs, skimming and anti-sport corrupt decision-making that has fed a culture of mediocrity among players, managers and agents. As such, he keeps getting jobs even when caught red-handed. He tends to not last very long at the club, but manages to spin enough deals to keep his own and his friends' palms greased for a good while, at the same time lowering the quality of football all around him. He's the opposite of everything good about Klopp.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #289: Apr 07, 2018 08:53:17 pm
      Oh yes, it was midfield. I just mentioned it to say Klopp is willing to use him, but I see that you did specifyyou think it is Moreno's defense he doesn't trust. Fair enough.

Yeah, I think he's got capabilities that are useful further up the field but the further away from our goal the better! :D
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #290: Apr 07, 2018 09:38:28 pm

I agree with you about our forwards,I was hoping Solanke and Ings would of scored if only to give them some confidence.And more important it would of given us the desired 3 points.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #291: Apr 07, 2018 09:46:32 pm
      Full strength team at Anfield 1-1.
      B team at goodison park 0-0.
      Yet people assume we would have won today had we been at full strength, wonder if that can be proven?

Can you prove that we would not of won with a full strength team.
      HamannsTheMan
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,031 posts | 1978 
      Reply #292: Apr 07, 2018 10:58:47 pm
      Taking everything into consideration, that was a decent point and I'd have taken that before kick off.

The lads who played today who also played on Wednesday must be shattered and I think we saw that in the last ten minutes when we became a little sloppy and gifted the blueshite some chances.

Throughout the game though I thought we were the better side in what was a boring Merseyside Derby. We just lacked that cutting edge in the final third which is understandable given we had no bobby or mo and we were playing two strikers who have barely kicked a ball for us.

I've got to say though they are so sh*t. We had clyne starting who has been out all season and we had an ageing, injured, out of position Klavan too and both had a very comfortable afternoon.

Nothing more to add other than my motm today was Wijnaldum. He seemed to play a little bit deeper at times today and I thought he did really well. Without doing anything particularly outstanding, I thought he was still the best player on the pitch.

We move on to Tuesday. Wrap the lads in cotton wool until then.

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #293: Apr 08, 2018 12:30:58 am
      A rarity I missed the game... While not happy with the result I am happy that we rested Bobby and mo...
      Roll on Tuesday night
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #294: Apr 08, 2018 01:01:25 am
      Said it a few months back that Solanke isn't good enough for us at the moment and he hasn't improved since then. he must learn fast and train hard to know what is needed as a top striker. Klopp can only give him that many chances and if he continue not to improve, I mean improve drastically, the club and Klopp can only give him that many chances and he may be heading Origi's way. With his size, he should be dominating the opposition box but he's as soft as a tissue paper at the moment.

I have nothing personal against Solanke but desperate for him to do well, but playing for Liverpool is once in a lifetime opportunity and if he doesn;t improve fast and improve drastically then he can fault no one. Chances have been given and he hasn't capitalised on it fully.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #295: Apr 08, 2018 01:05:55 am
      Quote from Harrisimo

Top 4 is secured already. We had other priorities, and the game should be seen in that context.

This was their game of the season and the only thing they had to play for since we knocked them out of the cup. How about that for a sad life? No cards, and more importantly no injuries, and we got what we needed.

Bournemouth should be swept aside in our last BT game of the season. Relegate West Brom and Stoke after that, and the Chelsea game should be an irrelevance. We'll be fine.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #296: Apr 08, 2018 01:09:28 am
      Top 4 is secured already. We had other priorities, and the game should be seen in that context.

This was their game of the season and the only thing they had to play for since we knocked them out of the cup. How about that for a sad life? No cards, and more importantly no injuries, and we got what we needed.

Bournemouth should be swept aside in our last BT game of the season. Relegate West Brom and Stoke after that, and the Chelsea game should be an irrelevance. We'll be fine.
      Top four is not secured. We are close, but no room for complacency
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #297: Apr 08, 2018 01:16:21 am
      Can you prove that we would not of won with a full strength team.
      Can you please show me where I said we would not have won? I can't remember making that judgement.
      I can remember saying people are saying we would have won without evidence.
      My position on this should be clear, we won't know what the result would have been.
      This is like one of those Copenhagen interpretation experiments, except for the fact the answer is impossible since people would need to literally a) reverse time and change Klopps mind about the line up or b) travel to a parallel universe where Klopp started with Salah. Neither seem possible, but if in x amount of years if this becomes possible maybe somebody could come across this post and they are very very bored, perhaps they'll be interested to shed some light on it. Does that satisfy your request for proof?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #298: Apr 08, 2018 01:23:14 am
      Highlight of the game for me was when the granny shagger was substituted and started kicking off at Fat Sam :laugh:

Quick Reply