Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool 10/04/18 19:45pm

Read 18161 times
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Re: Pre-Match: Man City v Liverpool 10/04/18 19:45pm
      Reply #138: Apr 10, 2018 02:19:06 pm
      This is going to be such a crazy game. Pep won't screw about, they need to go for goals from the off. I fully expect them to play a 3-5-2, with De Bryune dropping back to the quarterback role.

Ederson
                  Otamendi        Kompany      LaPorte   
      Sterling   De Bruyne       Silva    Fernandinho     Sane
                                    Aguero        Jesus

vs
                   Mane                Firmino             Salah
                     Milner          Wjnaldum     Chamberlaine
      Robertson        Van Dijk          Lovren          Alexander-Arnold
                                               Karius

As with the first leg, the  game will be won on the wings (and we need our midfield three to pay a blinder).

I agree that they will come at us from the start, but 3 at the back for them would be crazy as it would leave them effectively 1 v1 on the break. Their weakness is left back so Salah against laporte or any other would be playing into our hands.
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 414 posts | 53 
      Reply #139: Apr 10, 2018 02:34:35 pm
      City won't go gung ho but will be hoping for an early goal to get it rocking, our players gotta keep calm and concentrate (don't f*cking panic Lovren!!). The longer the game goes on the more they will try to push forward and we can nick a goal or two, oh f*ck it 3 - 1 to us  :cool-smiley-027:

This but 2-2

:aaliverpool2xt1:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #140: Apr 10, 2018 02:39:40 pm
      As they say in American motorsports fandom, "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops."

So ready for the green flag to drop and get this match underway.

Take heart Reds!
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #141: Apr 10, 2018 02:41:56 pm
      Interesting that United were playing the ball over the top of the City defence to score, could be a way to go. Seem vulnerable to a high ball as shown when Mane scored.
      we aren't united, we should not try to play somebody else's game. Long balls are risky because it is a high chance losing possession. Teams that play long balls are often good at parking the bus and have a system set up for that. Our players have little experience parking the bus.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,675 posts | 3696 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #142: Apr 10, 2018 03:08:14 pm
      we aren't united, we should not try to play somebody else's game. Long balls are risky because it is a high chance losing possession. Teams that play long balls are often good at parking the bus and have a system set up for that. Our players have little experience parking the bus.

I totally agree, we need our own style and play. The Liverpool way that scored three and conceded nothing!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #143: Apr 10, 2018 03:23:20 pm
      I'm going to be on a F***ing plane about 30 minutes in until 10 minutes left. Will not be a fun flight.

I was supposed to be also but changed my flight for a later one.
      Couldn’t miss this game
      Even more nervous than I was for the first leg
      Come On You Mighty Reds!
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #144: Apr 10, 2018 03:30:44 pm
      Going to be a night to remember. Have a good feeling about this one. 3 is just about enough. Any less and it would be iffy.

As I've said I'd go 4-4-2 with the extra man in midfield. Most seem to favour our normal attacking line up. But this is not an attacking contest this is about protecting a 3 goal lead.

This is a cup tie not a league match. If City went one up in a league game they wouldn't necessarily go on all out attack. Go a goal down early in this and we could get swamped and in 10 minutes the lead could be wiped out.

Four in midfield with Bob coming deep might help snarl them up..said my bit, lets see how it pans out.

2-1 we go thru 4-2
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #145: Apr 10, 2018 03:39:30 pm
      Going to be a night to remember. Have a good feeling about this one. 3 is just about enough. Any less and it would be iffy.

As I've said I'd go 4-4-2 with the extra man in midfield. Most seem to favour our normal attacking line up. But this is not an attacking contest this is about protecting a 3 goal lead.

This is a cup tie not a league match. If City went one up in a league game they wouldn't necessarily go on all out attack. Go a goal down early in this and we could get swamped and in 10 minutes the lead could be wiped out.

Four in midfield with Bob coming deep might help snarl them up..said my bit, lets see how it pans out.

2-1 we go thru 4-2

I get your sentiment but all we have to do is play the front 3 but make the midfield a 5 across when they have the ball so in essence we become 4-5-1.

Mane and Salah both out wide to nullify their full backs and then go when we nick the ball.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #146: Apr 10, 2018 04:04:25 pm
      Also, it is the diving by City players I am worried about. I am sure if City don't score in the 1st 15 minutes, we will see a dive or two from them. Hope the ref is not biased - that's all. Nervous as F**k even though we are 3-0 up and the game as not even started.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,086 posts | 8519 
      Reply #147: Apr 10, 2018 04:05:53 pm
      As they say in American motorsports fandom, "When the green flag drops, the bullshit stops."

So ready for the green flag to drop and get this match underway.

Take heart Reds!

Or as we say here in Liverpool

"Get into them, Redmen!!"
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #148: Apr 10, 2018 04:06:47 pm
      Also, it is the diving by City players I am worried about. I am sure if City don't score in the 1st 15 minutes, we will see a dive or two from them. Hope the ref is not biased - that's all. Nervous as f**k even though we are 3-0 up and the game as not even started.

But citeh aren't really a diving team are they, I know Raheem does occasionally but in general they are fairly clean I thought.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #149: Apr 10, 2018 04:09:14 pm
      I get your sentiment but all we have to do is play the front 3 but make the midfield a 5 across when they have the ball so in essence we become 4-5-1.

Mane and Salah both out wide to nullify their full backs and then go when we nick the ball.

Well I'd play Clyne in front of TAA. Sterling will be a threat. Also having an extra man might help get to De Bruyne quicked. Have to sacrifice Mane but we need that extra body in there.
      storophanthus
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 308 posts | 16 
      Reply #150: Apr 10, 2018 04:13:58 pm
      Preparing myself for any possibilities...
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #151: Apr 10, 2018 04:14:21 pm
      Well I'd play Clyne in front of TAA. Sterling will be a threat. Also having an extra man might help get to De Bruyne quicked. Have to sacrifice Mane but we need that extra body in there.

Screw that dude, sit back and we’ll be in trouble. The key to playing this lot is to get after their back 5 and disrupt their rythym. That means all three of our star attackers must play. One goal kills the tie stone dead.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #152: Apr 10, 2018 04:15:51 pm
      All the pressure is on them, they have to come out and play, and play right into our hands,
      They know we will score, its only a matter of time, and time is on our side, we only need to be ourselves, be solid , play at our tempo and not f***in panic, their going to come at us like a f***in hurricane, wave after wave of attack more so second have if their still in with a shout,

We score early their heads drop and the crowd will shut the F**k up, all you will hear is our fantastic away support belting out "Allez Allez Allez"

Tactically i think Jürgen will go after them, there's no way they will keep a clean sheet.....

2-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #153: Apr 10, 2018 04:17:00 pm
      Screw that dude, sit back and we’ll be in trouble. The key to playing this lot is to get after their back 5 and disrupt their rythym. That means all three of our star attackers must play. One goal kills the tie stone dead.

Yes I think start with TAA and Robertson and if either one is struggling then Clyne could be an option to bring on but I would certainly not start Clyne.
      Harrisimo

• 8,163 posts | 1383 
      Reply #154: Apr 10, 2018 04:19:20 pm

Well can't really argue with that. Attacking policy has served us well. Just hope we don't concede earlly because if they get the bit between their teeth they could get run amok. Their not top of the league and top scoreres by chance.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #155: Apr 10, 2018 04:19:32 pm
      All the pressure is on them, they have to come out and play, and play right into our hands,
      They know we will score, its only a matter of time, and time is on our side, we only need to be ourselves, be solid , play at our tempo and not f***in panic, their going to come at us like a f***in hurricane, wave after wave of attack more so second have if their still in with a shout,

We score early their heads drop and the crowd will shut the f**k up, all you will hear is our fantastic away support belting out "Allez Allez Allez"

Tactically i think Jürgen will go after them, there's no way they will keep a clean sheet.....

2-3 Mighty Reds

YNWA

I reckon they might come out s little bit more cagey than that mate, they know one goal kills it so they’ve got to be careful. I reckon they will be hoping we drop off and allow them to dominate the ball from the get go. Like you say, our lads must play their normal game ie. press the ball at the right terms and look for goals as they would usually.

hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #156: Apr 10, 2018 04:22:33 pm
      City are going to go all out attack for this, they have to.

This game is set up for Klopp's game plan. I think they'll probe for twenty minutes and if it's still 0-0 they'll go all out.

We'll be ready for it.

1-3 to the Redmen.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #157: Apr 10, 2018 04:24:37 pm

f***in HELL RIB, Get the bunting out i actually agree with you for once, if you were next to me right now I'd buy ye a pint.

YNWA

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,898 posts | 4968 
      Reply #158: Apr 10, 2018 04:33:06 pm
      I reckon they might come out s little bit more cagey than that mate, they know one goal kills it so they’ve got to be careful. I reckon they will be hoping we drop off and allow them to dominate the ball from the get go. Like you say, our lads must play their normal game ie. press the ball at the right terms and look for goals as they would usually.

We're weaker in midfield for sure and although Henderson is out and I'm not his biggest fan we will miss his endeavours tonight, I'm confident though the Gini can fill the void adequately,
      You could be right mate , even so i think the quicker we get a goal the more settled we will be, and the wind will very quickly go from their sails !!

YNWA
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #159: Apr 10, 2018 04:42:23 pm
      No idea what to do with myself. Too edgy to sleep but its nearly 2am.

We never do it the easy way so i'm expecting them to go up 2-0 at some point :D Lord help me through the game.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #160: Apr 10, 2018 05:05:04 pm
      Not really worried at the moment but strangely not feeling the urge to go out to the pub to watch.

Quick Reply