Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44107 times
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #759: Apr 11, 2018 02:22:39 am
      So much class he got sent to the stands for having a go at the ref?

It was very quick on the ref's part to be fair. Don't know what Pep said, but apparently he and this ref have some history. I think he went out to get his players away and to show he had their back.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #760: Apr 11, 2018 02:26:04 am
      After the attempts to try and get Mane sent off (again) it was wonderful seeing that ugly c**t Ederson spill the ball into Salah's immortal path. Let me just savour that goal one more time...

very good point - that was tremendous self-discipline on Sadio's part.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #761: Apr 11, 2018 02:31:28 am
      One last post tonight to say how fun this all was. I've been telling you all not to worry.

I just finished all 26 pages of this and it is like reliving all the ulcerous emotion of the full 90 minutes. As many others have mentioned, it was great that Gini stepped it up for the 2nd half. His little twist and pass to Ox to start the move for the goal was, I thought, excellent. Could he be our #6 going forward? Too early to say, but he did his part here tonight.
      RedScouseLaz
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 753 posts | 40 
      • du du du du du du, du du du du du du
      Reply #762: Apr 11, 2018 02:37:41 am
      Gini stepped it up for the 2nd half.

Certainly did. At half time I was actually craving a few side ways Henderson passes 🤭
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #763: Apr 11, 2018 02:58:24 am
      I must admit. I like Pep. I heard his post match. He could of pulled a Mourinho and ignored how good Liverpool played and blame the refs or the pitch or the fans etc, etc... When asked he came out and said that Liverpool are a top team, with a top manager. He blasted the refs and deservedly so, the head ref was abysmal. But, he thought Liverpool were better and deserved to advance and represent British Football. He was and is all class. I liked him at Barcelona and Bayern too.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #764: Apr 11, 2018 03:35:21 am
      Getting a ticket to the Europa League Final was tough.

This is gonna be nigh on impossible for the Champions League Final.

Please don't go, I remember what happened last time 😫😫😫😫
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #765: Apr 11, 2018 04:43:20 am
      Still on cloud nine!

What an incredible achievement and now one step closer to the holy grail. It’s up for grabs now. Won’t be easy but I’d like to face Roma now.
      They’re tight defensively as Barca found out but I think we’ll unlock them.

Can you imagine a Liverpool v Real final?
      It would be a stunning prospect but one step at a time.
      So proud of all the boys. 

Back where we belong.
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #766: Apr 11, 2018 04:49:43 am
      I have the height of respect for any man who pulled on a red shirt even if not good enough. Bar 2 or 3 players.

1 being sterling. Hope he feels that tonight what he left for extra cash. You absolute pr**k of a man. Hope it stings a small bit. Rub your cash on the wound to sooth the sting

Well said.

He infuriated me in the first half alwhen any of our defenders breathed on him, he flopped over like he’d been shot looking for a penalty. I can't stand  cheating dogs like that.
      I’m glad the trigger happy ref wasn’t conned by that.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #767: Apr 11, 2018 04:53:51 am
      Very touch and go the first half with Citeh having a lot of the ball and chances but second half we made some adjustments and once we scored the away goal it was pretty much a done deal going through to the semi-final but winning the game was just the cherry on the sundae.

Looking forward to the draw for the semi-finals and see what kind of damage we can do cause really are firing on all cylinders in Europe
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,978 posts | 237 
      Reply #768: Apr 11, 2018 05:38:00 am

This pic sums up everything. This club is nothing without the supporters. We couldnt have achieved what we have achieved so far without the supporters.

Allez Allez Allez
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #769: Apr 11, 2018 06:29:26 am
      We'll go on and win it lads ! Brace yourselves !!!
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #770: Apr 11, 2018 06:40:47 am
      Actually I think it's 5 times  and Liverpool 3 times; 6 times overall and 3 by us (Shaktar, Wigan and United the other three).

I think they also lost to Basel at home in the 2nd leg of the last 16 round.

nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #771: Apr 11, 2018 07:26:36 am
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVq41IUjns

Either at city's plastic flags or at Pep sitting in the stands. ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 07:31:18 am by nikos »
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #772: Apr 11, 2018 07:31:05 am
      So revenge for September has finally arrived. Just to demonstrate that;

LIVERPOOL

Man City

So another happy trip to City. Just like the good old days.
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #773: Apr 11, 2018 07:49:49 am
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #774: Apr 11, 2018 07:54:20 am
      Anyone sleep ?

Another twig snapped off the Scum's perch before we chop their whole f**king tree down ..

Are you reading this Keith ... ?

Liverpool booked their place in the Champions League semi-finals for the first time in a decade and in the process beat a long-standing record held by Manchester United.

Roberto Firmino’s goal was Liverpool’s 33rd goal of the current campaign, one better than United’s total in 2002-03, meaning Jürgen Klopps’s side have now enjoyed the most prolific season in Europe’s premier club competition of any English side.

http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/10/liverpool-break-manchester-uniteds-champions-league-record-book-place-semi-finals-7456721/
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 08:04:49 am by MIRO »
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #775: Apr 11, 2018 07:59:25 am
      As the Quarters are full of surprises I would love to meet Juve in the Final.
      It would be good for them to poke LadyBoy and his mates in the eye tonight.

Dybala, Higuain , Chiellini  .... class players.

Love the way they play ....The Old Lady has a great tradition ...like ours ...and they've come back in the last few years.

We've unfinished business after the 1985 Heysel game.

Think it would be a fascinating match.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 03:32:09 pm by MIRO »
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #776: Apr 11, 2018 08:44:15 am
      Still feels sooo good this morning :)
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #777: Apr 11, 2018 09:03:13 am
      Just an incredible night! Nervous after city scored so early, but the second half was all ours. Bring on the semis 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #778: Apr 11, 2018 09:11:02 am
      Gave you a plus there Clint, But I said it before, At the start of the season we were playing better when we were without Coutinho and are do so now  ;D
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Live: Man City V Liverpool
      Reply #779: Apr 11, 2018 09:14:34 am
      Same goes for Coutinho, he's actually quite rubbish when you consider his overall contributions, especially when helping out at the back, he is a wet towel of a tackler. We just made Coutinho look better than he was. Haha.. if we win CL and he doesn't EVER that will be on him.
      Sorry not having that... Coutinho contributed greatly to our team.... He gave us the money to buy VVD and Keita  :f_whistle:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #780: Apr 11, 2018 09:24:01 am
      90 minutes of the 180 we were up against the cosh against arguably the best English side in a long time, cruising to the title in April.

And we conceded once.

Who would have thunk it?  Maybe we've got a chance at winning this whole shebang.

Surely us and Madrid are the best two teams left in this competition? Almost don't want to face Roma and be favourites in the semi final.

In truth mate, I thought Juve' were way better than Real and the rub of the green just went in Real's favor...

Last night people would have bet good money on Barca' getting past Roma and look what happen there...

Don't write Juve' off just yet...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #781: Apr 11, 2018 09:30:02 am
      Some decisions went for them, some against but overall we showed mental strength and had more quality over the two legs. They had their chances in the second half at Anfield and created nothing but we took our chances in the second half at City to win the tie comfortable in the end.

They lost it in the second half at Anfield not by bad refereeing decisions.

Over the two legs defense was the key, and ours were simple Better than there

Quick Reply