Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44128 times
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #782: Apr 11, 2018 09:35:16 am
      I just had few hours sleep after that.

Just a point, I missed most of the 2nd half & the two goals. Is there anywhere I can watch the 2nd half please? Thanks.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #783: Apr 11, 2018 09:39:02 am
      That Sane likes a good offside.

Never seen a player so consistently caught offside.............sh*t just remembered Benteke!!
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #784: Apr 11, 2018 09:43:14 am
      So waited all day to get home and catch it on DVR and it didn’t record  :mad:

Tried to go through this thread from front to back but the score is in the title, after a big sigh of relief, just got done reading from the start. Wish I could have watched it, but eh, who cares, now we are in the semi’s!!!!

Allez allez allez!!!!
      Feel for you mate  :f_wah:
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #785: Apr 11, 2018 09:48:58 am

This pic sums up everything. This club is nothing without the supporters. We couldnt have achieved what we have achieved so far without the supporters.

Allez Allez Allez
      How very true
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #786: Apr 11, 2018 10:25:33 am
      Please don't go, I remember what happened last time 😫😫😫😫

No idea what you’re talking about.

Erased all memories of the game itself.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #787: Apr 11, 2018 10:28:23 am
      love that you can take the boy out Liverpool but you cant take Liverpool out of the boy

Haha cracker...
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #788: Apr 11, 2018 10:29:22 am
      UEFA want the dream final Real Madrid v Bayern.

I have no doubt Real will be drawn against Roma who are prob 4th seeds to give them a better chance of going through and we will get Bayern assuming they get past Sevilla.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #789: Apr 11, 2018 10:30:41 am

This pic sums up everything. This club is nothing without the supporters. We couldnt have achieved what we have achieved so far without the supporters.

Allez Allez Allez

Best thing is the video of Jürgen standing and gesturing with the crowd as we sang.

What a F***ing man.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #790: Apr 11, 2018 10:36:04 am

I have no doubt Real will be drawn against Roma who are prob 4th seeds to give them a better chance of going through and we will get Bayern assuming they get past Sevilla.

The Dream final should be Liverpool FC versus who the F**k ever!
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #791: Apr 11, 2018 10:39:19 am
      I've posted in his thread a while ago but Gini is an enigma at times.

I firmly believe he can be a top top midfielder.

He has power, speed and when he wants to drive past people he does and is very hard to stop. He has good balance and an eye for a pass.

If he can get his self belief up and start to realise how good he can be we have one hell of a player.
      kevonio
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 51 posts | 31 
      Reply #792: Apr 11, 2018 10:42:52 am
      I just had few hours sleep after that.

Just a point, I missed most of the 2nd half & the two goals. Is there anywhere I can watch the 2nd half please? Thanks.
      https://youtu.be/MHj-7Pj3THs here's the highlights mate.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #793: Apr 11, 2018 10:55:39 am
      Can’t believe all the tabloids are bleating on obout Jesus dissallowed goal. ‘A Perfectly good goal disallowed for Off side, when the ball clearly came off James Milner’.
      Get a f**king life you tw*ts and stop SEARCHING for excuses.
      Jesus was off side the moment the ball was played ! Yes, before it reached Milner. You can’t have an off side decision rescinded halfway through the balls flight, once it’s been given.
      If you need it as a consolation, you still got rinsed 5:2 over two legs.

Oh, and next time, take your plastic flags home with you, you ungrateful bas**rds.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #794: Apr 11, 2018 11:12:54 am
      Can’t believe all the tabloids are bleating on obout Jesus dissallowed goal. ‘A Perfectly good goal disallowed for Off side, when the ball clearly came off James Milner’.
      Get a f**king life you tw*ts and stop SEARCHING for excuses.
      Jesus was off side the moment the ball was played ! Yes, before it reached Milner.

Yeah, it was offside because Milner didn't pass it - it rebounded off him.  He didn't deliberately try and score an own goal did he.

In any case, I'd say City got a decent slice of fortune with regards their only goal of 180 minutes.

I was 6 when I watched Liverpool beat Roma in the final with my dad, and seeing as my lad turns 6 in a couple of weeks I'll take a re-run after we knock Madrid out in the semis.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #795: Apr 11, 2018 11:18:47 am
      What a great sight to see legends like Kenny and Rushie, faces beaming, applauding Jürgen and the players off the field.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #796: Apr 11, 2018 11:20:55 am
      Great result against a team who are apparently the best in Europe (so people keep saying).  Either we have seriously upped our game or they are overrated after a freakish start to the season. The big difference was that we took our chances (and over 2 legs we made much better ones). We were very good in the second half, and the team as a whole stepped up.

Gave Bobby my MOTM, just because of his tireless energy, well taken goal and mostly his celebration.

Midfield played well after the break, and City never really looked like making it close.

Not bothered of who we get in the semi, as we are capable of beating anyone on our day.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #797: Apr 11, 2018 11:32:25 am
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #798: Apr 11, 2018 11:36:43 am

Thank you so much mate
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #799: Apr 11, 2018 11:49:05 am
      Just for the sheer f**king fun of it all here's citeh's coach welcome!!

https://twitter.com/Sennesation/status/983763055631896576

:lmao:

That's just embarrassing. Sounds like a bingo caller  :lmao:
      Jimsouse67

• 9,474 posts | 1474 
      Reply #800: Apr 11, 2018 11:52:00 am
      Hope we go on and win Number 6 & Bobby can show coutinho his European cup winners medal at the World Cup.
      Harrisimo

• 8,259 posts | 1390 
      Reply #801: Apr 11, 2018 11:57:19 am
      Yeah, it was offside because Milner didn't pass it - it rebounded off him.  He didn't deliberately try and score an own goal did he.

In any case, I'd say City got a decent slice of fortune with regards their only goal of 180 minutes.

I was 6 when I watched Liverpool beat Roma in the final with my dad, and seeing as my lad turns 6 in a couple of weeks I'll take a re-run after we knock Madrid out in the semis.

We won fairly and fully deserved to go thru.

Looking at their claim that Sane was played on by Milner. Law 11 says.." A player in an offside position ( as Sane clearly was) recieving the ball from an opponent ( Milner) who DELIBERATLY plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

So looking at the action Milner did not deliberatly play the ball, it was an accidental rebound. So looking at Law11 Sane is only played onside by a DELIBERATE pass of some kind from an opponent.

So JD is 100% correct. To be honest I thought Milner did play Sane onside. Can't see any other rule in the offside law that says accidental rebounds play an opponent onside when he is in a clear offside position.

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #802: Apr 11, 2018 11:58:26 am

Got a source for that? Or are you just pulling thoughts out of a tin hat?
      Liverpool v Madrid would be bigger than Munich v Madrid in my opinion.
      Premier league is a most watched league in the world, there is a world wise craze about Salah... why would UEFA want munich?
      I don't think it matters what UEFA want, they put pulls into a spinny thing and have a well respected celebrities or Micheal Owen or Donald Trump etc.... people not officiated with UEFA to open the balls.
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 12:04:35 pm by Ribapuru »
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #803: Apr 11, 2018 12:04:32 pm
      The sweetest thing is barca got knocked out in a humiliating fashion. They have been distrupting the development of our club time and again and this time the gods are there to punish them. Messi is finished. He is finished big time. Without messi, barca is nothing. I am waiting for the moment to see what is this barca all about when they don;t have messi but countinho whom dying to go to them. Bye bye cou, you won't be in the semis.  Think carefully before you choose your next club. It could well be a blessing in disguise without that glory hunter. He is history.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #804: Apr 11, 2018 12:06:50 pm
      The sweetest thing is barca got knocked out in a humiliating fashion. They have been distrupting the development of our club time and again and this time the gods are there to punish them. Messi is finished. He is finished big time. Without messi, barca is nothing. I am waiting for the moment to see what is this barca all about when they don;t have messi but countinho whom dying to go to them. Bye bye cou, you won't be in the semis.  Think carefully before you choose your next club. It could well be a blessing in disguise without that glory hunter. He is history.
      Think we should put a bid in for some Barcelona players in the window, some of them might want to win the champions league  :f_tongueincheek:
      « Last Edit: Apr 11, 2018 12:13:19 pm by Ribapuru »

Quick Reply