Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 43550 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #805: Apr 11, 2018 12:18:23 pm
      The sweetest thing is barca got knocked out in a humiliating fashion. They have been distrupting the development of our club time and again and this time the gods are there to punish them. Messi is finished. He is finished big time. Without messi, barca is nothing. I am waiting for the moment to see what is this barca all about when they don;t have messi but countinho whom dying to go to them. Bye bye cou, you won't be in the semis.  Think carefully before you choose your next club. It could well be a blessing in disguise without that glory hunter. He is history.

Messi finished?  Don't think so mate
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #806: Apr 11, 2018 12:23:00 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVq41IUjns

Either at city's plastic flags or at Pep sitting in the stands. ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

It was to Kenny & Rushie 8)

As the Quarters are full of surprises I would love to meet Juve in the Final.

We've unfinished business after the 1985 Heysel game.

Sorted in 2005, Luis Garcia and THAT goal and then seeing out a nil-nil draw in the Stadio Delle Alpi!!

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Live: Man City V Liverpool
      Reply #807: Apr 11, 2018 12:24:07 pm
      Sorry not having that... Coutinho contributed greatly to our team.... He gave us the money to buy VVD and Keita  :f_whistle:

True but some players fit into certain team styles better than others. Just look at Salah. Coutinho is undoubtedly a very good player, but we undoubtedly made him look like a great player.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #808: Apr 11, 2018 12:26:38 pm
      Messi didn't do enough off the ball, which possibly is because he needs to reserve energy because he is getting older.
      He isn't finished, but he is not going to be as good as he was in the past.
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #809: Apr 11, 2018 12:28:17 pm

Watch his game closely mate. Said that last year.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #810: Apr 11, 2018 12:33:22 pm
      No idea what you’re talking about.

Erased all memories of the game itself.

Haha it was just a boss day out in Basle!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #811: Apr 11, 2018 12:34:27 pm
      The sweetest thing is barca got knocked out in a humiliating fashion. They have been distrupting the development of our club time and again and this time the gods are there to punish them. Messi is finished. He is finished big time. Without messi, barca is nothing. I am waiting for the moment to see what is this barca all about when they don;t have messi but countinho whom dying to go to them. Bye bye cou, you won't be in the semis.  Think carefully before you choose your next club. It could well be a blessing in disguise without that glory hunter. He is history.

Finished HAHAHA

He has as many goals as Mo Salah this season mate. Get real.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #812: Apr 11, 2018 12:46:00 pm
      In truth mate, I thought Juve' were way better than Real and the rub of the green just went in Real's favor...

Last night people would have bet good money on Barca' getting past Roma and look what happen there...

Don't write Juve' off just yet...

Nah Juve have got no chance!! Roma got the away goal which was so vital and where playing at home last night.

Juve conceded three at HOME, not a chance they're beating Real at the Bernabeu by three goals, without Real scoring.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #813: Apr 11, 2018 12:58:13 pm
      Nah Juve have got no chance!! Roma got the away goal which was so vital and where playing at home last night.

Juve conceded three at HOME, not a chance they're beating Real at the Bernabeu by three goals, without Real scoring.

Agreed, Juve have no chance, I dont think even their players believe they can do it
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #814: Apr 11, 2018 01:00:17 pm
      Haha it was just a boss day out in Basle!

European Cup a whole different level of experience from the Uefa Cup/Europa League ;)
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #815: Apr 11, 2018 01:03:02 pm
      European Cup a whole different level of experience from the Uefa Cup/Europa League ;)

I dont think I would be able to go to Kiev but I'm going to Anfield for the semi!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #816: Apr 11, 2018 01:07:25 pm
      I dont think I would be able to go to Kiev but I'm going to Anfield for the semi!

Doubt it myself, due to not being able to afford it!!

If we made it there though I'd love to go :laugh:
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #817: Apr 11, 2018 01:10:46 pm
      Beat the best team in the country by a mile 3 times in a season - check
      Make CL semis first time in 10 years - check
      Watch the best player in the league near the 40 goal mark since Rushie in 86 - check
      Watch little Raheem in despair at the realization that money can't buy class or the CL - check
      Watch Barca whimper out of CL after destabilizing our club once again - check

What a superb European night of football back in Anfield again  :)
      Mickred
      • Forum John Barnes

• 413 posts | 53 
      Reply #818: Apr 11, 2018 01:36:31 pm
      really good result, we were under the cosh as expected but rode our luck and came through it.  Well done to all the lads, it was not long ago that we would have crumbled under that first half onslaught.

Front 3 had a poor game in my opinion but still scored 2.

So chuffed
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #819: Apr 11, 2018 01:40:33 pm
      I keep watching the clip of the lads standing in front of our fans as they celebrate another historic European away victory. Definitely still feeling the Buzz today and the fact Pep is still not really admitting the best team won is not what I expect of him. We scored 5 goals and they had 3 shots on target and that is how you manage a two leg European match.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #820: Apr 11, 2018 01:40:48 pm
      Their fans are F***ing w*nk.

Absolute sh*te.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #821: Apr 11, 2018 01:56:43 pm
      Finished HAHAHA

He has as many goals as Mo Salah this season mate. Get real.

We shall see. I am keeping this post. But he didn;t score in this game, did he? hahaha.
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 844 posts | 235 
      Reply #822: Apr 11, 2018 02:00:29 pm
      I must admit, I was shaking like a leaf throughout the first half, (had to take my nitro inhaler), but  I think my lad in Sussex heard my shout when our Egyptian magician scored his superb goal in the second half.

Now for the semis.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #823: Apr 11, 2018 02:35:18 pm
      Wow what a result, I was pretty scared in the first half and we were lucky with the Sane disallowed goal but second half we were fully in control. I honestly think we would have won even without the decisions in our favour but I have to apologise for saying that Citeh aren't a diving team, especially that little c**t Sterling!

Anyway semi's bring them all on, I'm not scared of anyone now. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #824: Apr 11, 2018 02:36:18 pm
      We shall see. I am keeping this post. But he didn;t score in this game, did he? hahaha.

We shall see nothing mate, you said that he IS finished, not that he will be (eventually he will, of course), nor when that would be. He scored 54 goals last season and has 39 in the current one, despite playing deeper under Valverde, often as a 10. Just the fact he gets criticised for scoring "only" 39 shows he's on a totally different level to the rest. If 93 goals in two seasons (one still ongoing) is your definition of a finished footballer then I hold my hands up and give up because you're not living in the real world.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #825: Apr 11, 2018 02:40:38 pm
      We shall see nothing mate, you said that he IS finished, not that he will be (eventually he will, of course), nor when that would be. He scored 54 goals last season and has 39 in the current one, despite playing deeper under Valverde, often as a 10. Just the fact he gets criticised for scoring "only" 39 shows he's on a totally different level to the rest. If 93 goals in two seasons (one still ongoing) is your definition of a finished footballer then I hold my hands up and give up because you're not living in the real world.

Yeah crazy to think Messi is finished still along with Ronaldo one of the best in the world.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #826: Apr 11, 2018 03:39:42 pm
      That's just embarrassing. Sounds like a bingo caller  :lmao:

All it needed was a bloke playing an organ like the corny little chords they play in U.S. baseball.

It was embarrassing .....as were the 60,000 odd thousand plastic flags .

Now ..... where did I see that before against us ?

Another placcy team .... the Chavs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #827: Apr 11, 2018 03:55:21 pm
      All it needed was a bloke playing an organ like the corny little chords they play in U.S. baseball.

It was embarrassing .....as were the 60,000 odd thousand plastic flags .

Now ..... where did I see that before against us ?

Another placcy team .... the Chavs.

Yeah - them going 'na na na na na na na na na na na Hey Jude' and waving their flags was about as intimidating as visiting a puppy sanctuary. Amateurs and lightweights come to mind and only one week after proclaiming that the 'famous Anfield atmosphere' was a myth only to see their team completely crack under the pressure and noise of L4.

Well here's something that most certainly isn't a myth - 5-1 on aggregate. Not even close.

Quick Reply