Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Man City?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      17 (11.8%)
      Dejan Lovren
      36 (25%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      7 (4.9%)
      Andy Robertson
      3 (2.1%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      9 (6.3%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      4 (2.8%)
      James Milner
      34 (23.6%)
      Sadio Mane
      4 (2.8%)
      Mohammed Salah
      18 (12.5%)
      Roberto Firmino
      12 (8.3%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 141

Voting closed: Apr 14, 2018 09:33:17 pm

Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion

Read 44013 times
      Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Re: Manchester City 1-2 Liverpool (1-5 agg): In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #828: Apr 11, 2018 04:47:47 pm
      A result  made in Heaven.

Mohammed scoring for the Mighty Reds and Jesus scoring for City.

Pity Pope from Burnley wasn't in goal .
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #829: Apr 11, 2018 05:32:51 pm
      Got to be honest - when I tuned in just before kick off I cringed hard upon seeing the flags waving and singing along to Hey Jude (you know that little known song by this little known band that is DEFINITELY not from Liverpool). A truly dismal and embarrassing attempt at trying to recreate their own YNWA and yet the Abu Dhabi faithful were lapping it all up thinking it was momentous. They have no culture, pedigree or DNA for this sort of stuff. And boy, did it show.

Same here, those plastic flag are an embarrassment.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #830: Apr 11, 2018 05:35:51 pm
      So guys, I am watching the match again, can anyone explain this defending?

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #831: Apr 11, 2018 05:41:31 pm
      So guys, I am watching the match again, can anyone explain this defending?

Strange one. Obviously because of the position of the free kick, the defenders need to stay deep but I canā€™t understand why there is not at least one man on the edge of the box.

They didnā€™t score from it but wouldnā€™t like to see us setting up like that.

Out of interest, what stage was this in the match?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #832: Apr 11, 2018 05:53:24 pm
      Strange one. Obviously because of the position of the free kick, the defenders need to stay deep but I canā€™t understand why there is not at least one man on the edge of the box.

They didnā€™t score from it but wouldnā€™t like to see us setting up like that.

Out of interest, what stage was this in the match?

Yeah, we could even have had 2 on the edge of the box.

17th min, Lovren slide tackle foul on Sterling where he was pretty much going no where. The free kick was pulled back and smashed by Sane, but deflected for a corner.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #833: Apr 11, 2018 05:55:17 pm
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QpVq41IUjns

Either at city's plastic flags or at Pep sitting in the stands. ;) xxxxx:action-smiley-065: ;D

Actually it was Rushie and Kenny.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #834: Apr 11, 2018 06:51:06 pm
      Yeah - them going 'na na na na na na na na na na na Hey Jude' and waving their flags was about as intimidating as visiting a puppy sanctuary. Amateurs and lightweights come to mind and only one week after proclaiming that the 'famous Anfield atmosphere' was a myth only to see their team completely crack under the pressure and noise of L4.

Well here's something that most certainly isn't a myth - 5-1 on aggregate. Not even close.

Something else.

A team that was bought on a name your price basis ...... compared to our full backs ...

Trent ... from the Academy and the other Robbo from Hull for Ā£8.5 million.

Last night they did have some shots on target .... three.

Still wasn't enough to win even if they had gone in !

Fourbrick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 845 posts | 235 
      Reply #835: Apr 11, 2018 06:58:24 pm
      We won fairly and fully deserved to go thru.

Looking at their claim that Sane was played on by Milner. Law 11 says.." A player in an offside position ( as Sane clearly was) recieving the ball from an opponent ( Milner) who DELIBERATLY plays the ball (except from a deliberate save by an opponent) is not considered to have gained an advantage."

So looking at the action Milner did not deliberatly play the ball, it was an accidental rebound. So looking at Law11 Sane is only played onside by a DELIBERATE pass of some kind from an opponent.

So JD is 100% correct. To be honest I thought Milner did play Sane onside. Can't see any other rule in the offside law that says accidental rebounds play an opponent onside when he is in a clear offside position.

One of the question son the FA website re offsides.

"Q4: Can a player who interferes with play after a rebound or save be given offside?
      YES ā€“ interfering with an opponent or play after a rebound or save is clearly an offside offence if the player was originally in an offside position.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #836: Apr 11, 2018 07:10:19 pm
      Does the yellows drop next round?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #837: Apr 11, 2018 08:48:58 pm

Yes.
      scotscouse
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 154 posts | 40 
      Reply #838: Apr 11, 2018 08:59:34 pm
      So pleased for Milner last night was not regarded in Cities future plans,that would give him a point to prove ,showed in his performance ,he is in a semi final,
       big time charlies watching us on the telly
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #839: Apr 11, 2018 09:05:34 pm
      Apart from them being gobshites, is there a reason they booo Milner so much? Always thought he did ok there.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #840: Apr 11, 2018 09:06:36 pm
      Hmm Juventus 3-0. Possibly another big upset here. Not that Iā€™m underestimating the 2 teams in anyway, but Iā€™d be taking Roma and Juventus over Madrid and Barca any day.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #841: Apr 11, 2018 09:14:42 pm
      Said, as did many others, that we should've gone after Milner when Leeds were having a fire sale to keep the club afloat. Tremendous professional. Last season he played Left back,Wing back,left winger...and took the penalties..all in one game. And he did that week in week out. Bit of a rustic player in truth, not a tricky technical player. But more skilful that he often appears.

Bit like Gary Mac when he came here although we got Milner when he was a few years younger than when GM came here. Great signing for us.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #842: Apr 11, 2018 09:52:38 pm
      Agreed, Juve have no chance, I dont think even their players believe they can do it

Told you!  :f_whistle: :f_whistle:  ;D
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Reply #843: Apr 11, 2018 09:55:48 pm
      Hmm Juventus 3-0. Possibly another big upset here. Not that Iā€™m underestimating the 2 teams in anyway, but Iā€™d be taking Roma and Juventus over Madrid and Barca any day.

I donā€™t want our haters to say that we won because the Spanish teams were out. I am glad Madrid is there, canā€™t wait to watch Ronaldo cry for calls.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #844: Apr 12, 2018 12:26:03 am
      I love Ottamendi he is just a gift that keeps giving.

How many times has he now been at fault for goals against us?

Really a dog sh*t footballer who is highly overrated.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #845: Apr 12, 2018 12:37:20 am
      I love Ottamendi he is just a gift that keeps giving.

How many times has he now been at fault for goals against us?

Really a dog sh*t footballer who is highly overrated.

His head completely falls off doesn't it...it might be the gloves.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #846: Apr 12, 2018 12:41:33 am
      His head completely falls off doesn't it...it might be the gloves.

Yeah that to does my head in also  players with short sleeves and gloves.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,924 posts | 283 
      Reply #847: Apr 12, 2018 02:20:42 am
      Whatever happened to the snoods? ;)
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #848: Apr 12, 2018 03:10:54 am
      A result  made in Heaven.

Mohammed scoring for the Mighty Reds and Jesus scoring for City.

Pity Pope from Burnley wasn't in goal .

Now if St John would of been playing for us that would of been extra special if he had scored.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #849: Apr 12, 2018 07:53:30 am
      JĆ¼rgen Kloppā€™s half-time ā€˜rocketā€™ made the difference for Liverpool against Manchester City

Paul Joyce, Northern Football Correspondent
      April 12 2018, 12:01am, The Times

JĆ¼rgen Klopp roused Liverpool from their first-half stupor against Manchester City by delivering a ā€œlittle bit of a rocketā€ in a stinging team talk that laid the foundations for progress into the Champions League semi-finals.

The midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain provided an insight into the away dressing room at half-time at the Etihad on Tuesday with Liverpool trailing 1-0 after a period in which they had barely set foot in the oppositionā€™s half.

Klopp ordered his team to move higher up the pitch and demanded that they displayed greater composure in possession before watching them respond with goals from Mohamed Salah and Roberto Firmino, sealing a 2-1 win, and a 5-1 aggregate success, to ensure passage into tomorrowā€™s draw.

Oxlade-Chamberlain echoed Virgil van Dijkā€™s pre-match comments that Klopp was the ā€œcomplete managerā€, and added: ā€œJust as much as tactically he had a good plan, he also has the fire in him to get you all motivated and that is what he did at half-time.

ā€œHe calmed us all down and then gave us a little bit of a rocket and just said, ā€˜No matter what we do now ā€” if we go through, we go out ā€” we are going to do it our way,ā€™ and I think we did that much better in the second half.

ā€œWe just said, ā€˜We need to get a grip of ourselves and really try to control the game,ā€™ as we were still in a strong position. We knew we werenā€™t at the right level in the first half, but even when you are not playing so well it is important to see those moments out.ā€

The Liverpool managerā€™s desire for his players to work out solutions for themselves, and not always be told the answer, was taken up by the defender Dejan Lovren. He also imparted advice during the break.

ā€œTo be honest I was shouting a bit at half-time,ā€ the Croatian centre back said. ā€œI told the lads we were sitting too deep.

ā€œPeople talked from the beginning about Manchester City being favourites, and they were ... but I think after this there should be more respect for Liverpool.

The Times
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #850: Apr 12, 2018 08:29:28 am
      Doubt it myself, due to not being able to afford it!!

If we made it there though I'd love to go :laugh:
      Don't worry if you can't afford to go to the final we will have the homecoming parade to look forward to on queens drive & if it's anything like 20O5 it's  going to be something else.

Quick Reply