Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

News Stories April 2018

Read 539 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: News Stories April 2018
      Reply #100: Apr 30, 2018 12:42:24 am
      Jacob rees mogg as home secretary-  he will bring back the workhouse, send children up chimneys, bring back slums, typhoid and cholera outbreaks will reappear
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #101: Apr 30, 2018 02:38:48 am
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #102: Apr 30, 2018 07:14:57 am
      May is rudderless & should go too...
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Reply #103: Apr 30, 2018 01:53:22 pm
      I work for Asda in Warrington town centre with a Sainsburys 100 yards down the road.

Asda and Sainsburys bosses saying there will be no loss of jobs or store closures as a result as a result of their merge.

Off down the job centre after work.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #104: Apr 30, 2018 02:40:22 pm
      I work for Asda in Warrington town centre with a Sainsburys 100 yards down the road.

Asda and Sainsburys bosses saying there will be no loss of jobs or store closures as a result as a result of their merge.

Hope everything goes ok for you mate.

Have you had any word what's happening?
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2018 04:23:09 pm by HUYTON RED »
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #105: Apr 30, 2018 04:05:32 pm

I never understand why companies lie like that, its much better to be up front with people even when its bad news.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,569 posts | 1586 
      Reply #106: Apr 30, 2018 04:43:48 pm
      Hope everything goes ok for you mate.

Have you had any word what's happening?

For the consumer theres no real change except a supposed 10% saving on your shopping. Asda will continue to be Asda and sainsburys will continue to be Sainsburys  (basically no green and orange uniform haha) Sainsburys also own Argos so there's potential that they will put Argos  stores within Asdas now too.

All we've been told is that there's no risk of store or job losses but like I say theres a Sainsburys down the road and an Argos right outside our place.

The group who will pass the deal (the CMA) will be getting very worried about their share in the market being too big and unfair on the rest and the rumour is that to placate their fears Asda/Sainsburys will have to close stores anyway.

In warrington alone we have 3 asdas and 2 Sainsburys. Something will surely have to give.

On the distribution side things look even worse. Theres no chance they will need 2 seperate head quarters any more.

No staff were told anything about the deal and we all only heard through the media. Got a handout on the Sunday saying details couldn't be discussed while talks were ongoing and heard very little today too really.

I will miss that job if it comes to it because of the hours (5x 5-13.00) with the rest of the day to myself haha.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #107: Apr 30, 2018 04:52:00 pm
      For the consumer theres no real change except a supposed 10% saving on your shopping. Asda will continue to be Asda and sainsburys will continue to be Sainsburys  (basically no green and orange uniform haha) Sainsburys also own Argos so there's potential that they will put Argos  stores within Asdas now too.

All we've been told is that there's no risk of store or job losses but like I say theres a Sainsburys down the road and an Argos right outside our place.

The group who will pass the deal (the CMA) will be getting very worried about their share in the market being too big and unfair on the rest and the rumour is that to placate their fears Asda/Sainsburys will have to close stores anyway.

In warrington alone we have 3 asdas and 2 Sainsburys. Something will surely have to give.

On the distribution side things look even worse. Theres no chance they will need 2 seperate head quarters any more.

No staff were told anything about the deal and we all only heard through the media. Got a handout on the Sunday saying details couldn't be discussed while talks were ongoing and heard very little today too really.

I will miss that job if it comes to it because of the hours (5x 5-13.00) with the rest of the day to myself haha.

Yeah probably won't hear anything until the deal has been completed.

Hope it's good news for you anyway, mate.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #108: Apr 30, 2018 04:55:51 pm
      I see the Conservatives are starting up a new 'Time warp' dance craze!!

It's just a jump to the left
      And then a step to the right
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,955 posts | 3130 
      Reply #109: Apr 30, 2018 05:23:29 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #110: Apr 30, 2018 07:01:10 pm

While you & the rest of the workforce are worrying, here's this c**t to cheer you up

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/991009901496422400
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #111: Apr 30, 2018 11:22:39 pm

Tories Ass-semble... Talk about mansplaining...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #112: Apr 30, 2018 11:29:54 pm

Looks like a 'select character' screen from a video game.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #113: Apr 30, 2018 11:32:57 pm
      Looks like a 'select character' screen from a video game.
      I think they are just standing like that after inserting objects in peculiar places.

Quick Reply