Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. MOTM

Karius
      1 (1.1%)
      Alexander-Arnold
      55 (59.8%)
      Lovren
      1 (1.1%)
      van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Robertson
      1 (1.1%)
      Wijnaldum
      1 (1.1%)
      Henderson
      5 (5.4%)
      Oxlade-Chamberlain
      23 (25%)
      Salah
      2 (2.2%)
      Firmino
      3 (3.3%)
      Mané
      0 (0%)
      Milner
      0 (0%)
      Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Solanke
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 90

Liverpool 3:0 Bournemouth. In game and post match discussion.

Read 17515 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Liverpool 3:0 Bournemouth. In game and post match discussion.
      Reply #207: Apr 14, 2018 10:26:21 pm
      Wijnaldum did not mis-place a pass today :D 44/44 or something.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #208: Apr 14, 2018 10:36:00 pm
      Great win for the reds.  Tables have turned something so the pressure is now more on Spurs' shoulders.

Target for Liverpool now no question should be a 80+ points total.
      As much as I would like to agree, Spurs still have a game in hand and we have to play Chelsea.
      Spurs fixture list is not only easier, but less congested. I still think they'll finish above us.

The points we got against Bournemouth are a great 3 points to get for us now, there is still a very small chance Chelsea could catch us thanks to Southampton being such bottlers, however I think it will be a redundant concern next week.
      The reason is because we have West Brom after a weeks rest, if we get the expected result and Burnley hold Chelsea back with a draw, they'll be 12 points behind with them having 4 games left. Whilst we would still have a very superior goal difference and only need one point from remaining 4 games to be gaurenteed. However we beat West Brom and Chelsea lost to Burnley, we will be 13 ahead with 4 games left. Chelsea have a problem they will know if they lose to Burnley their slim champions league hopes are gone, but they have the FA cup game 3 days later.

In my estimation, some would deem it pessimistic, it will finish 1) City 2) United 3) Spurs 4) Liverpool 5) Chelsea 6) Arsenal.
      It's not all bad, because I think we Salah will get the golden boot and we can win the CL.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #209: Apr 14, 2018 10:44:59 pm
      As much as I would like to agree, Spurs still have a game in hand and we have to play Chelsea.
      Spurs fixture list is not only easier, but less congested. I still think they'll finish above us.

The points we got against Bournemouth are a great 3 points to get for us now, there is still a very small chance Chelsea could catch us thanks to Southampton being such bottlers, however I think it will be a redundant concern next week.
      The reason is because we have West Brom after a weeks rest, if we get the expected result and Burnley hold Chelsea back with a draw, they'll be 12 points behind with them having 4 games left. Whilst we would still have a very superior goal difference and only need one point from remaining 4 games to be gaurenteed. However we beat West Brom and Chelsea lost to Burnley, we will be 13 ahead with 4 games left. Chelsea have a problem they will know if they lose to Burnley their slim champions league hopes are gone, but they have the FA cup game 3 days later.

In my estimation, some would deem it pessimistic, it will finish 1) City 2) United 3) Spurs 4) Liverpool 5) Chelsea 6) Arsenal.
      It's not all bad, because I think we Salah will get the golden boot and we can win the CL.

Who will win the cl , world cup ? Will we ever find intelligent life on other planets ?  Will Michael mcintyre ever be funny ?
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #210: Apr 14, 2018 10:45:36 pm
      Job done. The double over them makes up for the dropped points last season.

Move on to West Brom, get payback for the cup result and the league game at home, and send them down.

Congratulations to Mo on reaching the 40 mark. Now, let's see if he can hit 50? 10 needed, from at least 6, possibly 7 games left. If he can get at least 2 goals in 3 of them against the cannon fodder, it's very doable imo.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #211: Apr 14, 2018 10:48:19 pm
      Who will win the cl , world cup ? Will we ever find intelligent life on other planets ?  Will Michael mcintyre ever be funny ?
      Us, England, Yes, No.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #212: Apr 14, 2018 10:53:13 pm
      Never really looked like we wouldn’t score a few. Great performance after an emotional and physically draining week. Job well done!!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #213: Apr 14, 2018 11:19:55 pm

Will we sign Jorginho? Will I win the lotto? Will we win the league next season? Will I have a 3rd child?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #214: Apr 14, 2018 11:29:42 pm

This could become a regular spot, ask rib. Final one for today, will there be world war 3 ?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #215: Apr 14, 2018 11:36:56 pm
      As much as I would like to agree, Spurs still have a game in hand

Which they're not going to win 9-0.

Pleased for you. Go and put a bet on them then.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #216: Apr 14, 2018 11:55:11 pm
      Job done. The double over them makes up for the dropped points last season.

Move on to West Brom, get payback for the cup result and the league game at home, and send them down.

Congratulations to Mo on reaching the 40 mark. Now, let's see if he can hit 50? 10 needed, from at least 6, possibly 7 games left. If he can get at least 2 goals in 3 of them against the cannon fodder, it's very doable imo.

In the 1st half I thought we were looking for him a little bit too much. No crime in missing a couple of chances of course, and what a finish he had on the goal, but I think we showed more variety in attack in the 2nd half and that worked more effectively (including a goal for Mo).

That would be quite a scoring clip to turn in if he can do it.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #217: Apr 14, 2018 11:57:46 pm
      Good feet on the floor performance.

Its always good to give a MOTM vote on the forum and find the rest  are thinking the same.

Trent's guided missile onto the head of Mo was sheer class.

( Was it Trent's goal though ? ;D  Did it come off Mo's shoulder ?  ;D)

His whole game was brilliant .

........................ ......

Was hoping City were going to get a result over the Spuds which gave us some momentum for 3rd place.
      First time that Sterling's diving has worked for us.

This was a game that before Karius and Virgil that could have gone either way .... but it didn't.

« Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 12:03:27 am by MIRO »
      redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #218: Apr 15, 2018 12:45:19 am
      More importantly, there is no serious injury to any players and we go into the CL semis with a fit squad.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #219: Apr 15, 2018 12:51:05 am

Crazy isn't it?
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #220: Apr 15, 2018 01:05:47 am

Alien life has probably picked up the BBC tv signal that showed Michael McIntryre Live at the O2. After seeing that they'll probably never reveal themselves to us if we go seeking them. I just hope they don't catch Mrs Brown's Boys on the intra universe signal because otherwise they WILL get angry and go full Independence Day on us and to be honest who could blame them? Imagine that, Mrs Brown's Boys causing the demise of human civilisation. 'Truly apt' most would say but you can bet the BBC will still be screening it.

Anyhow...I'm rambling.
      « Last Edit: Apr 15, 2018 01:13:41 am by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #221: Apr 15, 2018 01:33:00 am

Crazy that you can keep clean sheets and not play uninspiring, boring, defensive football ;D
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #222: Apr 15, 2018 01:45:03 am

Our GK has made a serious difference to stats and points gained.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #223: Apr 15, 2018 02:07:38 am

And to think, not six months ago, Garth 'Bellend' Crooks was saying we should fire Klopp and hire Ancelotti.  :lmao:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #224: Apr 15, 2018 02:20:32 am
      Our GK has made a serious difference to stats and points gained.

And Virgil.
      Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts | 59 
      Reply #225: Apr 15, 2018 04:04:59 am
      It's been an enthralling week our progress to the semi`s of the CL and how we went about it.
      Yesterday's game against Eddie`s mob they never layed a glove on us :boxing: ,biggest plus for me yesterday was TAA and Ox the latter still bursting through in the 92nd minute ran himself into the ground :gt-happyup: another shift from Bobby magic from Mo :soccer_h4h:  ,Sadio with the big smile on his face :aaliverpool2xt1:, Virgil Dejan and Andy doing what they do best plus Gini and Hendo just stolling it  8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) ,yeah things are pretty good down Anfield way at the minute .
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #226: Apr 15, 2018 04:55:34 am
      Something strangely satisfying doing the double over these, especially so convincingly. We owed them that after last season.

Trent is starting to find some serious form isn’t he, seems as though he needed that bad game against the Mancs, looks like it was a massive learning curve for him and although it contributed to our defeat that game, is just going to benefit him going forward.

Front 3, 82 goals this season...f**k that’s good going!! Everyone used to say a team needs at least one 20-25 goal a season striker. Well, we have a player on 40 now, a player on 25 and looking good for 30 and Mane looking like breaking into the 20s too. I don’t think there is a deadlier and more fluent attacking line going.

Good to see that although he had an easier game, Karius got another clean sheet.

More importantly though, we didn’t struggle with the ‘European hangover’.

Well in lads.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #227: Apr 15, 2018 05:18:25 am
      Good win, a step closer to top 4 finish and continued momentum.

I am not sure that we will rest too much, because we seem to be getting better playing together.  The rotation is coming in the middle three, and that is fine.  At this stage no one will be wanting a rest (particularly Mo), and those front three are all pretty fit lads.

Ox is really looking good now, and has proved lots of people wrong - he really seems a Klopp player.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,694 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #228: Apr 15, 2018 07:49:47 am
      Get the F**k in. Another Win and our top 3 all scored. Great day at the Office.

Must admit I was waiting and waiting and getting more anxious every minute that Mo didn't score. And then he did and what a Goal to bring up Number 40 after a sensational cross from TAA.

Biggest smile on my face when Mo scored, felt relieved.

Sucked in Harry Claim, you c**t!!!

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #229: Apr 15, 2018 07:55:38 am

Sucked in Harry Claim, you c**t!!!

Henderson in the interview said that Mo will claim for a hat-trick and Loris said something about it as well in his Instagram.

Quick Reply