Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Salah or Suarez

King Mo
      25 (47.2%)
      Suarez
      5 (9.4%)
      Both, in a front 3. Sexy Time
      23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 14919 times
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #115: Apr 27, 2018 12:27:42 pm
      I wouldn't drop any of this front 3 for him

Nor would I now.

I’ve done a volte farce this week......

When you see us play like we did on Wednesday and in the first half vs Citeh I think it’s time to recognise the chemistry and interdependence........

Salah is THIS Salah because of Bobby and Sadio and vice versa...........
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #116: Apr 27, 2018 01:23:06 pm
      More people would have just Salah than Salah and Suarez. I guess I'm not alone in thinking Suarez wouldn't be good for us.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #117: Apr 27, 2018 05:11:27 pm
      I wouldn't drop any of this front 3 for him

Hmm.. difficult, I would though. Suarez is a better player than Firmino and would also compliment Salah and Mane very very well.

I don't like Suarez personally because he was a d*ck and the way he went on public wanting to move to Arsenal was a d*ck move. However, as a player he's still the most gifted player I've seen in a red shirt and was the main reason why we almost won the title under BR. A front 3 of Mane-Suarez-Salah and Firmino as rotation player would sh*t on any team in the world.
      Kopite78
      Reply #118: Apr 27, 2018 05:35:53 pm
      Hmm.. difficult, I would though. Suarez is a better player than Firmino and would also compliment Salah and Mane very very well.

I don't like Suarez personally because he was a d*ck and the way he went on public wanting to move to Arsenal was a d*ck move. However, as a player he's still the most gifted player I've seen in a red shirt and was the main reason why we almost won the title under BR. A front 3 of Mane-Suarez-Salah and Firmino as rotation player would sh*t on any team in the world.

It amazes me those who can't see or appreciate Bobbys influence on this team

LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #119: Apr 27, 2018 05:38:40 pm

Agreed, Firmino first name on the team sheet. Phenomenal player!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #120: Apr 27, 2018 05:43:03 pm

I like to think everyone (even Beerbelly!!) appreciate how influential Firmino is to us now, he is certainly world class! But I agree with AS, Suarez peak was something special and a better player than Firmino. I personally think we would score more goals with Suarez in the team over Firmino.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #121: Apr 27, 2018 05:57:35 pm
      I don't believe Suarez is in a champions league semi next week !!!!!!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #122: Apr 27, 2018 06:07:23 pm
      Bobby's biggest fan since he walked through the door, but peak Suarez would be the first name on the team sheet.

He's the only player to make me question Gerrard being the best player I have or will ever see in a Liverpool kit.

Surely memories can't be that short...?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #123: Apr 27, 2018 06:32:57 pm
      Bobby's biggest fan since he walked through the door, but peak Suarez would be the first name on the team sheet.

He's the only player to make me question Gerrard being the best player I have or will ever see in a Liverpool kit.

He wasn't as clinical as Salah. Suarez uses to get a lot more saved. Salah just has a knack of putting it where the keeper can't get to. Salah accuracy makes Suarez look like Benteke.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #124: Apr 27, 2018 06:36:29 pm

That because you never got to see Kenny Dalglish or John Barnes ;)
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #125: Apr 27, 2018 06:38:06 pm
      In fairness to Suarez he had Sterling and Studge alongside.

Mo's playing with Bob and Sadio who can destroy any defensive system at any time.

Best offensive trio in the world at this time

Real headache to opposing manager.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #126: Apr 27, 2018 07:09:23 pm
      In fairness to Suarez he had Sterling and Studge alongside.

Mo's playing with Bob and Sadio who can destroy any defensive system at any time.

Imagine Suarez peak playing under Klopp, we would still have a player who would be just as influential as Firmino.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #127: Apr 27, 2018 07:17:43 pm
      Imagine Suarez peak playing under Klopp, we would still have a player who would be just as influential as Firmino.
      Imagining it, Permanent ban in first season! When he was here he was warned one more thing and he could be permanently banned from PL. He's done loads of stuff in the Spanish League that would be considered big here.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #128: Apr 27, 2018 07:27:46 pm
      Imagining it, Permanent ban in first season! When he was here he was warned one more thing and he could be permanently banned from PL. He's done loads of stuff in the Spanish League that would be considered big here.

Maybe if Suarez had Klopp as his manager, things would have been different? But playing wise, Suarez with Salah and Mane would have been something even more special, especially with the players we have behind them.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #129: Apr 27, 2018 08:35:23 pm
      Maybe if Suarez had Klopp as his manager, things would have been different? But playing wise, Suarez with Salah and Mane would have been something even more special, especially with the players we have behind them.
      I know this is all hypothetical but surely it would be Mane dropped rather than Firmino? Mane is a fantastic player and had some great moments for us this season but, in my opinion, he has had nowhere near the same impact as Bobby.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #130: Apr 27, 2018 08:54:14 pm
      I know this is all hypothetical but surely it would be Mane dropped rather than Firmino? Mane is a fantastic player and had some great moments for us this season but, in my opinion, he has had nowhere near the same impact as Bobby.

I get what you are saying, but I just feel there is more balance with Mane, Suarez and Salah, and with Suarez and Firmino best deployed centrally in the 9 position , I can't see a Firmino, Suarez, Salah front 3 being as effective as the Mane one.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #131: Apr 27, 2018 08:59:05 pm
      I get what you are saying, but I just feel there is more balance with Mane, Suarez and Salah, and with Suarez and Firmino best deployed centrally in the 9 position , I can't see a Firmino, Suarez, Salah front 3 being as effective as the Mane one.
      In his best season for us, did Suarez not often play on the left of a front 3? Not 100% sure if he did but thought Studge was often through the middle and sterling on the right, interchanging all the time.

It would be a difficult one for sure, Mane gives you that explosiveness and can create something out of nothing but Salah, Suárez and Firmino interchanging in a front 3 is the stuff of dreams.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #132: Apr 27, 2018 09:17:36 pm
      In his best season for us, did Suarez not often play on the left of a front 3? Not 100% sure if he did but thought Studge was often through the middle and sterling on the right, interchanging all the time.

It would be a difficult one for sure, Mane gives you that explosiveness and can create something out of nothing but Salah, Suárez and Firmino interchanging in a front 3 is the stuff of dreams.

What I do remember was how insane Suarez was for the first half without Sturridge , and when Sturridge returned from his injury, I noticed a drop in Suarez because Sturridge occupied the central areas more. Also, second half we had Sterling as a 10, didn't we?

Man, that front 3 was amazing, but no where as good as our current one imo. I actually think our current front 3 could reach MSN levels once Keita comes in!!!!

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #133: Apr 28, 2018 09:28:01 am

Quite simply he is not.

Long, long way from it in this system.

That’s not even a matter of opinion it’s clear - Luis doesn’t run / track backany more, plays more like Torres.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #134: Apr 28, 2018 01:21:51 pm
      Quite simply he is not.

That’s not even a matter of opinion it’s clear - Luis doesn’t run / track backany more, plays more like Torres.

I believe we are all talking about the 2014 Suarez...
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #135: Apr 28, 2018 01:29:31 pm
      I believe we are all talking about the 2014 Suarez...

He said IS which I why I retorted as I did.......BUT I still wouldn’t swap ‘em in this system.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #136: Apr 28, 2018 02:18:07 pm

Don't be silly

No one is saying Firmino is not an influential player. He is a top class player but between him and Suarez? Suarez all day.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,080 posts | 805 
      Reply #137: Apr 28, 2018 02:19:11 pm
      Quite simply he is not.

Suarez 2014 mate, not Barca Suarez.

People tend to forget what a beast Suarez was.

Quick Reply