Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 15095 times
      Kopite78
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #138: Apr 28, 2018 02:36:50 pm
      Don't be silly

No one is saying Firmino is not an influential player. He is a top class player but between him and Suarez? Suarez all day.

Your opinion

Id take Bobby

Suarez 2014 mate, not Barca Suarez.

People tend to forget what a beast Suarez was.

The 2014 Suarez doesn't exist anymore
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #139: Apr 28, 2018 02:47:47 pm
      Your opinion

The 2014 Suarez doesn't exist anymore

Does it matter if it exists or not?

The whole thread is about Suarez as a Liverpool player being better than Salah as a Liverpool player or am I mistaken?
      Kopite78
      Reply #140: Apr 28, 2018 02:53:30 pm
      Does it matter if it exists or not?

The whole thread is about Suarez as a Liverpool player being better than Salah as a Liverpool player or am I mistaken?

Originally maybe but then people are talking about who would you have in the side?
      That can't be anything other than a right now comparison in my view

Anyway I'd still have Bobby even in your hypothetical time machine world

This front three works perfectly with everyone knowing their role in it. Bobby being so unselfish in his work to make the system and players around him work. Suarez now or then wasn't that type of player. He would change the balance of the front threes effectiveness

You have Suarez if you like.. no problem

I'll have Bobby 👍
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #141: Apr 28, 2018 03:05:05 pm
      Originally maybe but then people are talking about who would you have in the side?
      That can't be anything other than a right now comparison in my view

Anyway I'd still have Bobby even in your hypothetical time machine world

This front three works perfectly with everyone knowing their role in it. Bobby being so unselfish in his work to make the system and players around him work. Suarez now or then wasn't that type of player. He would change the balance of the front threes effectiveness

You have Suarez if you like.. no problem

I'll have Bobby 👍

Suarez was the biggest work horse we've ever had and he made players next to him look good too. He would perfectly work in Klopp's system because he was excellent at pressing the opposition defense, he was just a complete football player. Suarez now is a different story, because he is past his best. He isn't 26 or 27 anymore yet he managed to score more than 100+ goals for them in 125 appearances.

Hypothetically if I went back in time and got the Suarez 2014 in this team, I would have him play as a striker in the front 3. Suarez could do what Firmino does and much more, he was that good and that's the reason why he scored 31 league goals the season we almost won the title. I don't think he will change the balance, I think he would make Salah and Mane look even better.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #142: Apr 28, 2018 03:32:09 pm
      I think the question should be, Suarez 2014 or Firmino 2018! I find this discussion more interesting than Suarez 2014 or Salah 2018!!

I am in agreement with AS, Suarez could do what Firmino does and more in the attacking sense. They also have different styles of pressing, Suarez was more aggressive whilst Firmino is subtle, both worked just as hard as each other. And remember, Suarez wasn't an out and out striker, he was world class at hold and link up play. No doubt Suarez would fit into our current system and still be considered just as important as Firmino is to us.

The only difference I suspect we'd see would be less goals for Salah and Mane, but I could see Suarez hitting 60+ goals under Klopp :D
      Kopite78
      Reply #143: Apr 28, 2018 03:36:11 pm

The only difference I suspect we'd see would be less goals for Salah and Mane, but I could see Suarez hitting 60+ goals under Klopp :D

This is the issue where people say he could do what Bobby does in this system

I have you right that Salah and Mane wouldn't score as much with Suarez rather than Bobby and therefore by essence he wouldn't do what Bobby does. The three wouldn't be as effective.

Suarez may well be brilliant (not 60 goals like but..) but as a 3 they wouldn't be as good

That's why I'd take the three as is

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #144: Apr 28, 2018 03:44:10 pm

I have you right that Salah and Mane wouldn't score as much with Suarez rather than Bobby and therefore by essence he wouldn't do what Bobby does. The three wouldn't be as effective.

Suarez may well be brilliant (not 60 goals like but..) but as a 3 they wouldn't be as good

The way I see it, we would be more potent in front of goal than what we are seeing now, that's why I feel Suarez would take us a level above the MSN attack.

But you know what, I don't think anyone is wrong about wanting Firmino over Suarez or vice versa, it's like choosing between an apple or orange.

I think someone who plays FM should test this out for fun  :D
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,225 posts | 2805 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #145: Apr 28, 2018 03:46:23 pm
      To avoid answering the question can I state we have been blessed at this club with finishers. As much if not more then any club.

Go right back to the founding of the club on that by the way
      Kopite78
      Reply #146: Apr 28, 2018 03:46:47 pm
      The way I see it, we would be more potent in front of goal than what we are seeing now, that's why I feel Suarez would take us a level above the MSN attack.

But you know what, I don't think anyone is wrong about wanting Firmino over Suarez or vice versa, it's like choosing between an apple or orange.

That front three have scored nearly 90 goals between them so far this season.. hardly shabby

They work perfectly as a three for me

But I said earlier it's personal choice

I just prefer everything Bobby is over Suarez personally
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #147: Apr 28, 2018 04:48:58 pm

I disagree

He would make Mane and Salah better and they would work a bit better. Firmino is closest to what we had under Suarez, I mean in terms of quality like pressing, creating space, dribbling, first touch, off the ball, etc... but Suarez had more into his game than Firmino. That's why at that time Suarez was the 3rd best player in the world.

Kopite78
      Reply #148: Apr 28, 2018 05:09:00 pm
      I disagree

He would make Mane and Salah better and they would work a bit better. Firmino is closest to what we had under Suarez, I mean in terms of quality like pressing, creating space, dribbling, first touch, off the ball, etc... but Suarez had more into his game than Firmino. That's why at that time Suarez was the 3rd best player in the world.

Sound

I disagree with your view too 👍

Happy for you to have it though..

Id rather live in the here and now than in the past 👌
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,184 posts | 832 
      Reply #149: Apr 28, 2018 05:19:01 pm
      Sound

I disagree with your view too 👍

Happy for you to have it though..

Id rather live in the here and now than in the past 👌

No need to have a dig at the end, it's a debate and it's different view points. If you disagree fair enough so let's leave it at that.

I'm happy with what we have and I think Firmino is a top player as well as I think Salah is phenomenal and Mane is another strong top player. They work well together and I hope it stays that way for many years to come.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #150: Apr 28, 2018 06:48:43 pm
      I find the Bobby swap less palatable than the Mo one.

Luis didn’t press and he didn’t link play like Bobby - you would need to totally change the system IF you swap Luis for Bobby.

Agog that people think that’s a straight swap.
      johnlfcreds2010
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 992 posts | 68 
      Reply #151: Apr 28, 2018 10:10:35 pm
      Suarez was the only player I sat and watched at anfield in a game even when he didn’t have the ball . His movement and reading of the game was incredible to watch. Mo is different but just as good with incredible pace
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,259 posts | 1391 
      Reply #152: May 03, 2018 12:17:37 pm
      Quiet game for Mo last night. Got clobbered early on. Sat a bit deeper as we soaked up pressure. Once or twice could've got in had we made the right pass. Getting extra attention obviously because of his exploits this season. Conteh will be tracking him on Sunday but great players always find a way.

Suarez nailed Brighton more than once. Mo will have his chance to nail them in the last league game. The final will be billed as Ronaldo V Salah. Mo is on the up...Ronaldo is on his last lap of a fantastic career. Can't call it.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #153: May 03, 2018 10:19:02 pm
      Salah for me, much more clinical and less likely to bite a players ear off .
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #154: May 03, 2018 10:20:44 pm
      Salah for me, much more clinical and less likely to bite a players ear off .

I can see why that’d be higher up your rating scale like big fella 👂😉

Quick Reply