Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Salah or Suarez

King Mo
      25 (47.2%)
      Suarez
      5 (9.4%)
      Both, in a front 3. Sexy Time
      23 (43.4%)

Total Members Voted: 52

Voting closed: May 01, 2018 12:27:39 pm

Is Salah better than Suarez?

Read 15046 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Re: Is Salah better than Suarez?
      Reply #23: Apr 15, 2018 10:24:58 am
      Damn....

I f**king loved the crazy mad b***ard Suarez as he literally took the piss out of teams, a one man road show...

Salah...f**k..waiting for a worldly before I judge him ;D
      This,he really was mental but f**k me
      What a player & as you say he really did put the fear of God into every defence in the land ,every time he got the ball you just knew he would do something magical and more often than not he did.
      Yes Suarez had baggage a plenty but I'm talking about what he could do with his feet & not with his teeth ,when he left I said at the time that it would be a long time before we would see another player of his kind in the PL but with mo I'm eating my words. we have another gem on our hands ( it's an extremely long & esteemed list of gems) but this is to close to Call for me  at this time.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #24: Apr 15, 2018 10:36:53 am
      Got a bit to prove over time before I put him in that bracket. Let's not forget what a f**king beast Luis was.

This conversation could be a bit different a year from now if Mo has a season that's even 2/3 as good as this current one.

Who would you have in your team first 2014 Suarez or 2018 Salah?

Without taking anything away from Mo, it's Luis for me. And by a decent distance.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #25: Apr 15, 2018 10:38:40 am
      He has done stuff at Barcelona that would see him probably see him permanently banned here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sYROLMSdNs

If somebody did that to me and I were a footballer, I'd be calling the police not the FA.
      How can anybody find it hard choice between Salah or Suarez?

Exactly Suarez is a dirty b***ard of a player let’s be honest, if he hadn’t played for us he would be universally hated by Liverpool fans, how can you endorse someone who has bitten an opposing player on the field of play not once, not twice but 3 times! Out of the same textbook as el hadji diouf. Those that defend Suarez are essentially saying they would defend Diouf if only he’d scored more goals for us
      On the contrary Salah has not been booked this season and has more integrity in his pinky than Suarez does is his cheating scheming mercenary ungrateful entity
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #26: Apr 15, 2018 11:31:18 am
      So Suarez was bought as an out and out striker.  Salah was bought more as wide player I suppose.

Simple answer is both... We play a front three... ;D

Compering Suarez to Salah when both play in different position is not really possible, But if you are compering what they do and there ability to score then Suarez is better...

Both when on form and deadly finish, But Suarez can/could do things that we have not seen Salah do; and he brings more to the table than Salah can...

Both great players, but Suarez is one of (IMO) only three players in the world able to breath that rare air up there of the truly "World Class" players in Lionel Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo and of course Luis Suarez. All there are just hands and heels above the rest
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #27: Apr 15, 2018 11:42:22 am
      Salah by a country mile.
      Not only has he obliterated Suarez record in his first season, well before the season finished.. his attitude on and off the field is so much better.
      Suarez is a mercenary, he wanted to go to Arsenal and what did he do when Wenger tried buy him for £40,000,000.01? tried to force it through courts. I can't stand Evra and I don't think Suarez is racist, but he was racially abusive to Evra. He also bit players and now plays for Barcelona where he contributed to tapping up Coutinho.
      Even before he played for us, he was hated for his handball in the World Cup by a whole continent for cheating Ghana out the world cup and had a ban at Ajax, so we got him at a cheaper rate. Every transfer to a big club was during a long ban of some sort.
      He does not hold the integrity to be a Liverpool player and if he wanted back, I'd so no thanks! Great footballer, but so is Ronaldo and would you have him here?...

Your over egging this mate, we are talking about what they did/do on the pitch skill wise, not what they do/did wanting to leave the club, abusing other players or anything else other than the skills they bought/bring to the game and in particle Liverpool FC
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #28: Apr 15, 2018 11:45:04 am
      Got a bit to prove over time before I put him in that bracket. Let's not forget what a f**king beast Luis was.

This conversation could be a bit different a year from now if Mo has a season that's even 2/3 as good as this current one.

Without taking anything away from Mo, it's Luis for me. And by a decent distance.

I think that’s right Dave.

His last 18 months in England are as good as anything the EPL has ever seen - Henry, Ronaldo etc and he was missing chunks of seasons due to bans!

The baggage is largely irrelevant to me - I’d more of an issue with him lifting his skirt to Arsenal tbh.......

Mo has the potential to go further and higher in a better team but at the moment it’s Luis overall for me.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #29: Apr 15, 2018 11:48:34 am
      Still Luis for me but Mo could easily take himself beyond what Suarez was like for us if he keeps playing as he is.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #30: Apr 15, 2018 12:00:13 pm
      Your over egging this mate, we are talking about what they did/do on the pitch skill wise, not what they do/did wanting to leave the club, abusing other players or anything else other than the skills they bought/bring to the game and in particle Liverpool FC

How can you separate the 2?
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,285 posts | 2805 
      Reply #31: Apr 15, 2018 12:52:12 pm
      2014 Suarez was a better player but there's no way I'd swap 2018 Salah for him in this current side.

If that makes sense.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #32: Apr 15, 2018 01:14:20 pm
      Firmino could easily be brought into this argument. Just saying.

For me Suarez is the better player and has done it for years. It will be intwr3sting to see what numbers Salah has next year.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #33: Apr 15, 2018 01:19:20 pm
      Suarez was brilliant for us on his day. I meen some of the angles he scored from he didn't have any right to score from. Salah has only been here one season.so I don't think we can compare him at this time IMO.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #34: Apr 15, 2018 01:28:43 pm
      Suarez was brilliant for us on his day. I meen some of the angles he scored from he didn't have any right to score from. Salah has only been here one season.so I don't think we can compare him at this time IMO.

Why? Suarez had 1 sensational year (Rodgers) 1 really good year (Rodgers) 1 pretty good year (King Kenny). not like he was here for ages
      Also, I know he didn’t have much opportunity but Suarez didn’t do much in Europe for us and spent half his time suspended
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #35: Apr 15, 2018 02:30:27 pm
      So Suarez was bought as an out and out striker.  Salah was bought more as wide player I suppose.

Suarez.

Imagine Suarez in this team. Wow. Suarez was carrying the whole team IMHO.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8520 
      Reply #36: Apr 15, 2018 03:02:49 pm
      Hard one to judge, two totally different players, Suarez will do anything to win and plays like a total nark, Salah just keeps going but plays the game with a smile on his face.

Anyone seen the Becky Anderson interview with Salah on CNN, you can tell he wants to the Premier League golden boot, but he just dismisses it same way as he dismisses being compared to Messi & Ronaldo, the fella is so humble!!

Either way I've got to see two sh*t hot toggerists do their stuff for our team on the Anfield pitch and that's the way I look at it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #37: Apr 15, 2018 04:15:15 pm
      Very easy mate It about what he as done on the pitch for us,Goals, Assists, games he has won for us... Some for the goals Suarez scored not even Messi or Ronaldo could have
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #38: Apr 15, 2018 04:19:52 pm
      Why? Suarez had 1 sensational year (Rodgers) 1 really good year (Rodgers) 1 pretty good year (King Kenny). not like he was here for ages
      Also, I know he didn’t have much opportunity but Suarez didn’t do much in Europe for us and spent half his time suspended
      Then by the way you look on it, you can speak about Salah in the same breath. He as only been here two minutes
      ruthcity

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #39: Apr 15, 2018 05:41:20 pm
      Both have yet to achieve the ultimate level of goalscoring powess. Both still cannot surpass Harry Kane in terms of having goals to their name that they didn't score.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,497 posts | 1644 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Apr 15, 2018 06:39:00 pm
      What Salah has done this season is unbelievable. But Luis was also brilliant in 13/14 when we were blowing teams away.

My gut though still has Luis marginally ahead. Not sure why, given what Mo has done.

Still, maybe ask me again at the end of the season ... :)
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,290 posts | 1514 
      Reply #41: Apr 15, 2018 08:35:46 pm
      In my opinion yes. Suarez was a terrifying striker for defenders. always on the shoulder, always aggressive, could shoot, and successfully from just about anywhere. Every game for him was a huge battle, which he usually won. The biting was the pits, and he had his baggage. Loved the fella when he was here, and always look to see how he's doing at Barca.
      On a personality note, he couldn't wait to getaway from here, and even considered  defecting to Arsenal. Goes on about how he loved it here, how he loves the fans and the club, but couldn't wait to go. FFS.
      Salah, on the other hand, is scoring from impossible situations as well. He is more of a team player, and although i sometimes think "he could have laid that off there" His unselfish movement makes time and space for others, and his assists I believe, is a higher ratio than Suarez. He also achieves all this with no malice, no unnecessary aggression, and even apologises for scoring too many ! Calm, cool, collected, unruffled, humble, deadly. One thing they do have in common. Work rate. Phenomenal from both.

Salah for me.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #42: Apr 15, 2018 10:08:20 pm
      Both have yet to achieve the ultimate level of goalscoring powess. Both still cannot surpass Harry Kane in terms of having goals to their name that they didn't score.
      :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #43: Apr 15, 2018 10:15:34 pm

Yep, Firmino can get as many no look goals as he wants, but he will never truly be a world class player unless he gets the ultimate accolade.... the no touch goal.
      DanMann

• 5,705 posts | 880 
      Reply #44: Apr 15, 2018 11:20:16 pm
      Suarez robbed the African continent of their greatest football success in the most despicable manner. Utter shameful character.

Salah is bringing his own African country great honour, and pride to the African continent.

Aside from that, what a great personality this man has, and what a sensation on the pitch. Hard to really compare football wise. They are both superbly talented. But Salah is so much a better person, and the club can be proud of him, where as Suarez brought shame.
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #45: Apr 15, 2018 11:25:47 pm
      Suarez robbed the African continent of their greatest football success in the most despicable manner. Utter shameful character.

Salah is bringing his own African country great honour, and pride to the African continent.

Aside from that, what a great personality this man has, and what a sensation on the pitch. Hard to really compare football wise. They are both superbly talented. But Salah is so much a better person, and the club can be proud of him, where as Suarez brought shame.

Well put
      So many Liverpool fans pride themselves on ethics and character but are completely blindsided by Saurez. If he was playing at anfield next week he'd get a rousing reception I hate him more than any ex player absolute sh*t stain

Quick Reply