Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Summer friendlies in USA.

Read 11141 times
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Summer friendlies in USA.
      Apr 18, 2018 06:21:48 pm
      Three games in that icc tourneyhttp://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/298275-liverpool-fc-fixtures-usa-international-champions-cup.Not that arsed to be honest but i expect it'll sell out.

July 22: Liverpool v Borussia Dortmund – Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, North Carolina.
      July 25: Liverpool v Manchester City – MetLife Stadium, New Jersey.
      July 28: Liverpool v Manchester United – Michigan Stadium, Ann Arbor, Michigan.
      « Last Edit: Apr 30, 2018 10:53:37 am by JD »
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Summer friendlies in USA.
      Reply #1: Apr 18, 2018 06:34:47 pm
      Having to play football's equivalent to the chuckle brothers in the states, meh
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #2: Apr 18, 2018 07:06:01 pm
      I think I'll be driving to Michigan to see the game against the Mancs.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Apr 18, 2018 07:57:08 pm
      I think I'll be driving to Michigan to see the game against the Mancs.

How long will that take you?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #4: Apr 18, 2018 08:02:07 pm

7 hours from St. Louis, I'm moving there next month.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #5: Apr 18, 2018 08:53:12 pm
      Nice for our fans across the pond but i'll be watching the cricket.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #6: Apr 18, 2018 09:07:34 pm
      7 hours from St. Louis, I'm moving there next month.

Good going. So about the same amount of time from John o Groats (top of Scotland) to Carlisle (just on the border between Scotland and England)...albeit John O Groats to Carlisle is a few hundred miles less than St Louis to Michigan!

Hope you get there - I certainly wouldn't want to miss it if I were in your shoes.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: Apr 19, 2018 03:18:34 am
      Good going. So about the same amount of time from John o Groats (top of Scotland) to Carlisle (just on the border between Scotland and England)...albeit John O Groats to Carlisle is a few hundred miles less than St Louis to Michigan!

Hope you get there - I certainly wouldn't want to miss it if I were in your shoes.

I am in between Ann Arbor and Nashville, so hoping to see them twice this summer.

EDIT: Oh, I see now the other game is in Charlotte, not Nashville as previously rumored. Well, Charlotte is a little farther away, but, I think I can make it happen.
      zz19a
      • The Mighty REDS 19
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,596 posts | 165 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #8: Apr 19, 2018 03:35:47 am
      Hope the new signing will be there as well.

:kop5cf8koxp6:
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Apr 19, 2018 02:44:02 pm
      Heard the tickets are like 70 USD?! For a meaningless friendly? Bloody hell.

I mean, if I were an American fan I would probably want to go for the experience anyway, but friendlies tend to be such boring affairs, I hate pre-seasons more generally and all the overreaction ("omg Ryan Kent for the starting XI"! "Gabriel Paletta the new Carragher"!) so I'm not sure I would want to pay that much though
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,948 posts | 8458 
      Reply #10: Apr 19, 2018 04:52:34 pm
      Funny reading all the American fans getting a bit touchy about LFC's twitter feed spelling Arbor "Arbour" :laugh:
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #11: Apr 19, 2018 04:52:44 pm

I mean, if I were an American fan I would probably want to go for the experience anyway, but friendlies tend to be such boring affairs, I hate pre-seasons more generally and all the overreaction ("omg Ryan Kent for the starting XI"! "Gabriel Paletta the new Carragher"!) so I'm not sure I would want to pay that much though

I don't want to pay that much, but I have done it before. It's been a few years since I've been able to come over to UK, so these are my only chance to see the team in person. And of course it's one of just a few chances for them to get their hand in my pockets (which is the point of having camp and playing league opponents over here - if it was just to prepare they'd be better off having a camp in Germany, Scandinavia or Scotland).
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #12: Apr 19, 2018 05:40:39 pm
      Funny reading all the American fans getting a bit touchy about LFC's twitter feed spelling Arbor "Arbour" :laugh:

I'm guessing more than a few had to look it up and find it first.Not great at geography.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #13: Apr 19, 2018 06:05:04 pm

$116 for the supporters section behind the goal according to the Michigan site.Talking about a soccer record crowd,https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2018/04/18/michigan-stadium-manchester-united-liverpool-soccer/529380002/.Although i thought they had dropped the cap since united/madrid last played there.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #14: Apr 19, 2018 06:33:00 pm

I'm guessing more than a few had to look it up and find it first.Not great at geography.

When I was a uni student in Northern Ohio, Ann Arbor is where all the action was. It's a bit of snob hill, really, but 100,000 in the Big House for a game should be quite a spectacle.
      glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,638 posts | 449 
      Reply #15: Apr 19, 2018 09:05:39 pm
      Working the game at Met Life Stadium, yes, I will be a stalker!!!
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #16: Apr 19, 2018 11:31:42 pm
      I will be going to the Game in Michigan. My whole family is going and my sister is a Man U fan.  I will be in the first row near mid pitch.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #17: Apr 20, 2018 12:19:22 am
      I will be going to the Game in Michigan. My whole family is going and my sister is a Man U fan.  I will be in the first row near mid pitch.

wait, are tickets already up?
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #18: Apr 20, 2018 04:32:39 pm

The super secret  :roll: members sale is on now for Michigan,LFCME18 is the code.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #19: Apr 21, 2018 12:55:37 pm

Yes, for LFC USA official  members, they went on presale on Wednesday. The code is LFCSC18. I am member of the Chicago LFC group.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #20: Apr 21, 2018 03:10:41 pm
      Yes, for LFC USA official  members, they went on presale on Wednesday. The code is LFCSC18. I am member of the Chicago LFC group.

Ah. I'm just a skint nobody.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #21: Apr 24, 2018 05:00:52 pm
      Just occurred to me that Salah, Bobby, Ox, Hendo and Lovren probably will not be available for these matches as the group stage of the World Cup will have ended less than a month before this. This probably would explain why there is supposed to be another training camp somewhere in Europe in early August.

Does anyone know if the start of the Premier League season is moved back a week or two?

Cad1875
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 633 posts | 59 
      Reply #22: Apr 29, 2018 04:32:56 pm
      Its penned in for Sat 11th Aug, that is unless Sky deem it otherwise

Quick Reply