Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Man of the Match.

Karius
      0 (0%)
      Gomez
      0 (0%)
      van Dijk
      13 (23.2%)
      Klavan
      3 (5.4%)
      Moreno
      0 (0%)
      Wijnaldum
      1 (1.8%)
      Henderson
      2 (3.6%)
      Milner
      6 (10.7%)
      Salah
      11 (19.6%)
      Ings
      12 (21.4%)
      Mané
      4 (7.1%)
      Firmino
      0 (0%)
      Oxlade-Chamberlainat
      4 (7.1%)
      Lovren
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 56

West Brom 2:2 Liverpool. In game & post Match discussion.

Read 22079 times
      David Wright
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,235 posts | 752 
      Re: West Brom 2:2 Liverpool. In game & post Match discussion.
      Reply #322: Apr 21, 2018 07:17:29 pm
      Very annoying, went for 2  0, in the Prediction League. Worse still, keeps Chelsea with a slender chance of a top four finish.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #323: Apr 21, 2018 07:23:20 pm
      Now need 4 point from 3 games to finish top 4.

Think we only need one win if it's against Chelsea.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,154 posts | 499 
      Reply #324: Apr 21, 2018 07:27:08 pm
      Not surprised by the result, disappointed yes. We only seemed to be playing in second gear against a team desperate not to lose.
      Was annoyed by the crap referee, how that was not a pen when Ings was barged off the ball beggars believe.
      Also the punch to Ing's stomach wtf.

Anyways 4th place is still in our hands, roll on Tuesday.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #325: Apr 21, 2018 07:31:53 pm
      That sounds like a Car Salesman driving it off a cliff to show the airbag works...

You're not wrong.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #326: Apr 21, 2018 07:31:55 pm
      Think we only need one win if it's against Chelsea.

Max points Chelsea can get is 75...we are now on 71..so it's 4 points needed.

Chelsea play us and Huddersfield at home and Swansea and Newcastle away. Got to win all 4 to have any chance.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #327: Apr 21, 2018 07:35:52 pm
      Max points Chelsea can get is 75...we are now on 71..so it's 4 points needed.

Chelsea play us and Huddersfield at home and Swansea and Newcastle away. Got to win all 4 to have any chance.

But if we beat Chelsea the max they can get is 72 and we'd be on 74 so it would be all over.
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #328: Apr 21, 2018 07:41:59 pm
      I think we were about 13 points clear of Chelsea, if they beat us it could be 2 - I think we will qualify for cl but it’s not good enough just yet, it’s much much better don’t get me wrong but Karius Moreno Lovren Gomez Klavan - they are not even squad players
      Our back 4 is tta Matip Vvd Robertson

F**k with that and u have problems
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #329: Apr 21, 2018 08:20:19 pm
      For all the stick I'm expecting Moreno to get, Gomez was worse.
      To be honest All the back four were poor today...
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #330: Apr 21, 2018 08:48:30 pm
      And to the people moaning about Lovren's part in the second goal for West Brom, VVD played them onside for the first
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,529 posts | 6887 
      Reply #331: Apr 21, 2018 08:53:09 pm
      Max points Chelsea can get is 75

Not if we beat them. Then its 72.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #332: Apr 21, 2018 08:56:47 pm
      I thought we were sh*te the whole game, that simple.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #333: Apr 22, 2018 12:11:58 am
      One positive is that the two cl legs are Tuesday-  Wednesday instead of last time Wednesday- tuesday so less of a need for rotation on Saturday
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #334: Apr 22, 2018 12:31:55 am
      Didn’t watch the game but it’s never good to throw away a 2-0 lead, and I had 2-1 in the prediction league.

Before the game I would have settled for a draw and no injuries and well, we got that.

Don’t think getting 4 points from Stoke and Brighton or just winning at Chelsea is going to be that though so we should still be making top 4 at the end.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #335: Apr 22, 2018 02:20:39 am
      We certainly missed our 2 regular fullbacks,I thought it was a certain 3 points when we were 2-0 up.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #336: Apr 22, 2018 02:27:36 am
      Not if we beat them. Then its 72.

I think his point was with five points needed from four games, let's hope we don't need to beat them. I'd rather get top four sown up in the next two games.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,838 posts | 701 
      Reply #337: Apr 22, 2018 02:49:54 am
      Quote from Robby The Z
      Did you see the bit in added time when Ox had the ball forward left, two defenders came out to mark him and Moreno was unmarked a bit wider and a bit back? The obvious football decision was to tap it back to Alberto, but you could almost see Ox look back, see who it was and think "right, I know what happens if I pass to him..."

We saw it. 12 months ago. Came on as a late sub to see out the win, got possession in his own half with only the keeper to beat. Ran 30 yards with the ball and tried to score from the halfway line.  The ball ended up nearer the corner flag.

The collapse struck again. When one goal went in, another soon followed. Better though that the glitches are out of the system before Tuesday, as away goals count double.

The ref was awful, unless he's been on Mars for the past 3 years, he should know that they are just a bunch of kickers and hackers with a poor disciplinary record. VAR dealt with that in the cup game, but we didn't have it this time, and the difference in refereeing decisions was stark.

One thing Klopp can't argue about is the pitch. West Brom are fully entitled to do whatever they like with their own pitch, as are any other home team. That's what home advantage is about. I didn't notice it  during the game, but I remember the times when we had to play in unplayable ploughfields, waterlogged pitches and icerinks, really dangerous pitches to play in and we coped. So a dry pitch on a nice weather day should not be that big an issue. 

Well done Salah on breaking the 40 goal mark, and Danny for his goal, after so many injury problems. And with that we move on, hopefully back to normal service resumed next week, when results really do matter.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #338: Apr 22, 2018 09:34:30 am
      One positive is that the two cl legs are Tuesday-  Wednesday instead of last time Wednesday- tuesday so less of a need for rotation on Saturday
      Not that worried about 4th spot,It is ours, nor am i worried about Roma...

For me it is not so much about rotation, I understand the need for it, It is more about the players (Defenders) being bought on for Strikers and Midfielders that invite pressure unnecessarily...

If we were to do this in the Roma game then...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #339: Apr 22, 2018 10:19:39 am
      Not that worried about 4th spot,It is ours, nor am i worried about Roma...

For me it is not so much about rotation, I understand the need for it, It is more about the players (Defenders) being bought on for Strikers and Midfielders that invite pressure unnecessarily...

If we were to do this in the Roma game then...

To be honest, not a fan of bringing on a defensive substitution,  can see why because of west brom's style but taking salah off and leaving bobby totally isolated was a mistake in my book, still doesn't mean that both goals shouldn't have been defended better
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #340: Apr 22, 2018 11:37:30 am
      Just seen their first goal again and WTF is Firmino doing as well as second goal notice this a few times with Firmino when dealing with set pieces
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,342 posts | 3368 
      Reply #341: Apr 22, 2018 12:20:05 pm
      Just seen their first goal again and WTF is Firmino doing as well as second goal notice this a few times with Firmino when dealing with set pieces

It's weird, suarez seems to have a similar job at Barcelona
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #342: Apr 22, 2018 12:49:12 pm
      To be honest, not a fan of bringing on a defensive substitution,  can see why because of west brom's style but taking salah off and leaving bobby totally isolated was a mistake in my book, still doesn't mean that both goals shouldn't have been defended better
      Weird thing is had we stuck tow or three players on the half way line for their free kick then they would have had to stick at least as many of their, if not four, back there to defend against our player breaking away and scoring...

But yes It should have been defended better
      Harrisimo

• 7,970 posts | 1356 
      Reply #343: Apr 22, 2018 01:42:41 pm
      Well the biggest concern for me was that Karius hardly came off his line for all of their corners. Balls were swung in at catchable or punchable height on or around the six yard box several times and he got nowhere near any of them. Yes he has to come thru traffic to make a attempt but he was nowhere. Just a spectator.

Had the same problem with Mig. Both are good shot stoppers but both are poor in the air. Alarm bells.
      rossyred

• 9,096 posts | 1636 
      Reply #344: Apr 22, 2018 06:27:46 pm
      Well the biggest concern for me was that Karius hardly came off his line for all of their corners. Balls were swung in at catchable or punchable height on or around the six yard box several times and he got nowhere near any of them. Yes he has to come thru traffic to make a attempt but he was nowhere. Just a spectator.

Had the same problem with Mig. Both are good shot stoppers but both are poor in the air. Alarm bells.

I said to myself would give Karius 8 games when he got back in to assess if good enough and I'm still not convinced he is. Yes he has made one or two really good saves but just feel there will be a head explosion around corner and you are correct not sure he commands his box to the standard required

Quick Reply