Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.4%)
      James Milner
      4 (2.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (8.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      106 (72.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (11.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2018 09:36:49 pm

Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34702 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: Apr 24, 2018 10:31:14 pm
      I think the moment we gave away the momentum was when Lovren complacently bounced the ball off the Roma player which almost resulted in a goal. Completely out of nowhere that. Thought he did well today up until that moment. He's a good player but clearly has concentration issues. And when he's nervous he brings nerves out of the entire defense.

The moment was when Mo was taken off. That gave Roma a lift and smacked of complacency by the gaffer which filtered down to the players. We have to take risks if we want to win this competition. Lovren never ceases to lose concentration though and needs to be upgraded on in the Summer. Pen was not a pen in a month of Sundays. Milner's arms were down by his side, not in some unnatural position.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #622: Apr 24, 2018 10:32:08 pm
      Rumours that the guy stabbed outside anfield has died

That's awful.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #623: Apr 24, 2018 10:34:03 pm

Some of the posts on here remind me a bit of those 5 minute spells Degsy get's sometimes during a match.

Yep, and most of em from plebs who have fook all to say when we win.

It's natural to be disappointed with the two late goals, given the way we play I think that defensive culpability will always be there to some extent. It's been better in recent months but it's still there and I think you just have to accept it some degree.

I'm confident we'll score over there, we could have had 7-8 tonight. I'm more worried that we are simply running out of players. I think we'll get to the final but suspect our lack of depth will cost us come the final. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but you look back at the January window and wish we'd brought in a couple of squad types or at the very least have put recall clauses in the loan deals for Grucic and Origi.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #624: Apr 24, 2018 10:34:25 pm
      Jürgen confirming Chambo's injury is bad. Gutted for the lad if he cant make it to Russia. Hope he comes back fit and firing in the pre season.

For Stoke, we do need to get a bit creative. We have just 3 CMs now and they need to start next week in Rome. I would probably play a back-3 vs Stoke, with Gini and Jones in the middle. Woodburn, Salah and Bobby our front-3.

We need 3 points
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #625: Apr 24, 2018 10:35:16 pm

I thought it was fake, that is so sad :(
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #626: Apr 24, 2018 10:35:54 pm
      Yep, and most of em from plebs who have fook all to say when we win.

But we did win. ;)

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #627: Apr 24, 2018 10:38:07 pm
      The moment was when Mo was taken off. That gave Roma a lift and smacked of complacency by the gaffer which filtered down to the players. We have to take risks if we want to win this competition. Lovren never ceases to lose concentration though and needs to be upgraded on in the Summer. Pen was not a pen in a month of Sundays. Milner's arms were down by his side, not in some unnatural position.

Sorry, don't agree with that. The form of Bobby and Gini and even Mane was enough for them to continue facing their troubles. What gave them a lift was the subduing of atmosphere after the 5th. The intensity of the game was gone which lead to the players taking their foot of the gas, giving Roma a moment they could play in.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #628: Apr 24, 2018 10:39:46 pm
      Sorry, don't agree with that. The form of Bobby and Gini and even Mane was enough for them to continue facing their troubles. What gave them a lift was the subduing of atmosphere after the 5th. The intensity of the game was gone which lead to the players taking their foot of the gas, giving Roma a moment they could play in.

If you can't take off Mo when 5-0 up when the f**k can you take him off 10-0 maybe 15-0?

It was Lovrens brain fart which gave them a second wind.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #629: Apr 24, 2018 10:40:02 pm
      Just calm the f**k down.

I can see you're chomping at the bit to constantly criticise and demean (again) but why don't you realise that our front line can't play the full 90 minutes for every match of the season? Klopp HAS to make changes to keep his side fresh and sadly our quality in depth on the bench means that we can't be expected to maintain the quality produced from our side from the outset. Regardless, it doesn't take a massive leap in the imagination to see that we should be able to maintain a 5-0 lead when Ings comes on for Salah.

He can for this game. Its a CL semi with F***ing Stoke at weekend. 20 mins and we're in the final. The second he went off i was shitting it. Its not just that though. This is not the first time we hit 70 minutes and hit the buffers.

The first 70 were incredible, absolute joy to watch.  But like you say the depth is not there. Solankie and Ings are as close to unusable as it gets at this level and in games of this importance.

Next year with the right buys we will have one hell of a team. Another forward who can slot into the team so we can maintain  our style as well as a centre back and Keita and we can compete on all fronts.

But for as long as the options remain Solankie and Ings at this level, Mo can see the match out!
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #630: Apr 24, 2018 10:41:40 pm
      We saw off City in both legs and people are losing it worrying about Roma. Oh what have we become?

Funny how, had we won 1/2-0 most of the people bitching about the result would be delighted but are angry/worried about a 5-2.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #631: Apr 24, 2018 10:43:09 pm
      Interesting that Roma grabbed their away goal late against Barcelona as well.

Can't for the life of me consider that we won't score in Rome. We can play poorly for long periods but we've always got that blitz that we will put in during a game.

A 5-2 first leg semi-final lead in the Champions League is beyond the expectations of everybody reading this from way back in August.

I feel like the horror performance in this of 2014-15 has been well and truly put to bed.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #632: Apr 24, 2018 10:43:11 pm
      We are better off in a way. A pointless semi final wouldn't set us up very well for Bayern or Madrid.

And if we get knocked out then we will know we wouldnt have won the final. We will score one over there at the very least.

Agree, if we can’t defend a 5-2 we have no business in the final.

7DocUnleashed
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 27 posts | 10 
      Reply #633: Apr 24, 2018 10:43:26 pm

We are down to three fit midfielders.
      Going to have to start playing the young lads.
      Can we recall Grujic?
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,372 posts | 1029 
      Reply #634: Apr 24, 2018 10:43:53 pm
      Shocking.

Their fans really are scumbags.
      rossyred

• 9,284 posts | 1664 
      Reply #635: Apr 24, 2018 10:44:04 pm
      Like I said pre match Mo might not be on it 😂😂 Seriously what a performance and for 70 minutes where word class. Shame conceding the two goals but we are in a fantastic position. Just hope our midfield can cope with the games as we have no back up now
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #636: Apr 24, 2018 10:44:40 pm
      We are down to three fit midfielders.
      Going to have to start playing the young lads.
      Can we recall Grujic?

I would imagine Woodburn will see some action.

ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #637: Apr 24, 2018 10:45:26 pm
      Videos doing the rounds in Twitter off Roma fans attacking our fans behind the Kop before the game. One fan was stabbed, rumors that he died hopefully untrue. If Roma have these kind of fans how did they get tickets?
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #638: Apr 24, 2018 10:45:35 pm

Terrible news, can’t believe that still happens this day and age. Worried about the traveling Kop next week, they have to be extra careful.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #639: Apr 24, 2018 10:45:42 pm
      If you can't take off Mo when 5-0 up when the f**k can you take him off 10-0 maybe 15-0?

It was Lovrens brain fart which gave them a second wind.

It's a shame. Lovren was superb up until that moment. It's annoying to think that even in matches where he is faultless that he has a mistake in him. Got a big concentration issue.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,621 posts | 3917 
      Reply #640: Apr 24, 2018 10:45:51 pm
      Shout out to Wijnaldum. Came on and played a F***ing stormer!!

We absolutely annihilated them from 30-80 mins. Never seen anything like it.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #641: Apr 24, 2018 10:46:12 pm
      Mixed emotions about the game now. From delight at being 5-0 up and feeling set for the final, to feeling a bit on the disappointed side at having our team collapse at the end of the game again to sloppy goals.
      I should feel confident about still being 5-2 up but they now go into the game with an advantage IMO. 2 away goals is massive, as well as ending the game with the momentum and knowing they came back in a similar situation vs Barca. That Gini miss was massive.

Lovren, good all game I thought but then his standard brain f**k moment which led to a goal. The penalty I think was harsh, wasn’t a lot Milner could do about it but if Gini took his chance it wouldn’t have happened.

What was up with Ings though? He impressed me at the weekend from what I saw but tonight he was garbage I thought, putting in hardly any effort on the right, casually jogging back in the build up to their penalty. Unless I’m being harsh?

Let ourselves down at the end and need to make sure the same doesn’t happen in the 2nd game.

I might be being harsh but to me I think we’ve gone from having put ourselves in an excellent position to a potentially very uncomfortable one.

I know we had the 3 goal margain over City but they didn’t get an away goal so I knew as soon as we got one, it would virtually be game over.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #642: Apr 24, 2018 10:46:24 pm
      Funny how, had we won 1/2-0 most of the people bitching about the result would be delighted but are angry/worried about a 5-2.

If we had been 2-0 down at half time and won 5-2 people would be dancing in the streets right now.  It's just a freak psychological state of human beings. 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #643: Apr 24, 2018 10:48:18 pm
      Roma fans have history of this, remembering they put a few Spurs fans in the hospital.

Quick Reply