Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      0 (0%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      1 (0.7%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      0 (0%)
      Andy Robertson
      2 (1.4%)
      James Milner
      4 (2.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      13 (8.8%)
      Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
      0 (0%)
      Sadio Mane
      1 (0.7%)
      Mohammed Salah
      106 (72.1%)
      Roberto Firmino
      17 (11.6%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      3 (2%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      0 (0%)
      Danny Ings
      0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 145

Voting closed: Apr 28, 2018 09:36:49 pm

Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 34593 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Re: Liverpool 5-2 AS Roma: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #667: Apr 24, 2018 11:24:26 pm
      Videos doing the rounds in Twitter off Roma fans attacking our fans behind the Kop before the game. One fan was stabbed, rumors that he died hopefully untrue. If Roma have these kind of fans how did they get tickets?
      Probably didn't have tickets mate,just came over for a scrap F***ing rats.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #668: Apr 24, 2018 11:24:35 pm
      Suck up the early pressure in Rome, slowly probe our way to picking that perfect pass and watch Mane, Firmino and Salah perform their magic.

Its going to be an amazing away tie

Simple ball over the top I imagine mate for either Mane or Salah.

As a aside hopefully Can might be back by the time of the final, will be needed if Ox is out for the season. Maybe at least from the bench.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #669: Apr 24, 2018 11:25:06 pm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #670: Apr 24, 2018 11:26:16 pm

Ged!

Great to see the legends enjoying it as much as we did.

king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #671: Apr 24, 2018 11:28:12 pm
      This is the semi final of the Champions league.  It could have been better but we are taking a 3 GOAL advantage into the next leg.   Roma did it to Barca we know that the players know that we will be prepared.  We need to do a professional job.  We could have scored a few more but the situation is that we are in a fantastic position.   
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #672: Apr 24, 2018 11:28:14 pm

Aye, Rush has done well .. .  Lindaesque.. :)
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #673: Apr 24, 2018 11:31:13 pm
      Suck up the early pressure in Rome, slowly probe our way to picking that perfect pass and watch Mane, Firmino and Salah perform their magic.

Its going to be an amazing away tie

I understand people being deflated after being 5-0 but really if we hard been a bit more ruthless in front of goal (manes chances, Lovren header, Gini miss) we should have scored at least 4 more goals....

Just can't see us going to Roma and losing... 3-2/4-2 scare the sh*t out of Real or Bayern
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #674: Apr 24, 2018 11:33:37 pm
      Yeah, know where you’re coming from Red. Just a huge disappointment from going 5:0 to 5:2
      It’s so annoying going from attack mode to defend mode when it’s clear what worries the opposition. And it clearly ain’t our defending.
      Trying to remain as positive as I can, but more of the same next week and we could be scuppered. I’ve no doubt, if we keep attacking, they won’t live with us,again. But if we try and sit back and defend, we can be over run.

Listen, we can’t attack for 90 minutes. Our attack has a shelf life, which is why we need to be deliberate and convert chances. The two goals didn’t come because they unlocked anything. They got somewhat lucky. I doubt they get 3 goals lucky in the next game AND hold us to naught.
      Jimsouse67

• 9,404 posts | 1459 
      Reply #675: Apr 24, 2018 11:35:02 pm
      I'm a bit gutted at conceding two goals like a few reds,but I'll be fu**ed if I'm going to let that take the shine
      Off what was an incredible performance from our reds.
      Most of the talk may be about the two goals we conceded but for me I'll just focus on the 5 incredible goals we scored & how petrified there defence was against our front three,and make no mistake they will be just as sh*t scared in the return leg & with good reason .
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #676: Apr 24, 2018 11:39:55 pm
      I'm not that worried about them pulling back a 3 goal defecit. We had a 3 goal lead against Man city who are a much better team.

My only concern is that they have not conceded at home in the competition and they have faced some really good teams.. But we also have the top scorers of the competition individually and collectively.

We are not set up (or good enough) to park the bus. We play normally and we get one or two goals and they will be finished.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #677: Apr 24, 2018 11:43:12 pm
      We hadn't won our previous 3 semi final 1st legs and we managed to reach 2 finals from it so I'll take a 5-2 win thank you very muchly.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #678: Apr 24, 2018 11:57:09 pm
      Rumours that the guy stabbed outside anfield has died

Being reported on BBC ceefax that a 53 year old man is being treated for his injuries following an assault outside the Albert pub. Also reported that a man has been arrested and he is in police custody. No other news about that I can see.

Lets hope the man recovers from his injuries.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #679: Apr 24, 2018 11:59:19 pm
      There's no way we won't score over in Rome with our Egyptian king playing he's going to want to score over there. We are going to the final peeps and we've already beaten the favourites when we beat City so we are dreaming of No 6. We can do it, we have the talent and the belief to win the whole thing and no  one thought we would get this far because the media where all guardiola lovers and thought they would walk into the final. How wrong they were. I think every team will be frightened of us next season and city of course because they will spend another ÂŁ200 million no doubt. If we keep salah out of Reals reach we  will be a strong force next season. We've got Keita so let's go and get Tarkovski to play alongside VVD and let's go and cut city and the rest of Europe and new arse hole.
      Livershrew
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,523 posts | 388 
      Reply #680: Apr 25, 2018 12:04:04 am
      christ that was mental.......just mad.

cant afford any more injuries.....we basically have 3 midfielders and 3 forwards for the rest of the season...
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #681: Apr 25, 2018 12:07:13 am
      If someone up above had've said to me at half seven tonight you'll win 5-2 win I'd have laughed my head off.
      What a game that was..
      Mo Salah is from another planet.. a far far away planet at that.
      And, the more I think about it, so is Bobby Firmino.. what a game he had !

Brilliant performance, in what was, let's face it, the semi final of the Champions League FFS !!
      Couldn't have asked for more from our lads.

My only gripe was taking Salah off for Ings..Can't get my head around that decision, sorry.
      Bring him off for Klavan, yes, but not Ings.. poor lad did f**k all when he came on.
      Yet down the other end, we looked tired and fell apart in those last 10 minutes.

I'll keep the faith with Lovren and put my trust in him as best I can for the rest of the season but he was, for me, sh*te tonight and unfortunately always will be.
      His judgement on the through ball to Dzeko was bad, very bad and I've come to the conclusion he just can't f***in head the ball.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing as we all know and that game was full of what ifs such as Milner's block for the penalty, Ox's unfortunate absence for the majority of the game, Mane's continued missed chances first half, Karius's butter fingers first ten minutes.
      One thing's for sure...Is that we have the best striker in the world today..

Made up with the result I am and I have every confidence Bobby or Mo will bury them in the second leg..

:kop5cf8koxp6:

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #682: Apr 25, 2018 12:10:13 am
      This is a situation some people will never be happy with. There is no point looking at “what if” and “what could have been”. Instead should be looking at why it happened and making sure it doesn’t again, and that is something out of Salah’s control because it was a defensive issue, again.

as an old TV detective used to say ..

" if you put the shouldas and the couldas together ... they won't even add up to the price of a cup of coffee "

Baretta.

(Who?)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baretta

When the F**k ? ?

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #683: Apr 25, 2018 12:12:04 am
      cant afford any more injuries.....we basically have 3 midfielders and 3 forwards for the rest of the season...

F**k, that is scary :(
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #684: Apr 25, 2018 12:14:31 am
      Very worrying to see Ox down like that. He has been getting better and better each game and when we signed him I couldn't see how he would fit.
      5-2 is an amazing victory in the SEMI FINAL! If we came back from 0-2 down this place would be hopping. What an incredible win tonight.
      Roma have already pulled off one incredible comeback. I can't see them doing it again. I'm surprised not to see Milner getting more votes for MOTM. I thought he was immense. Delighted to see Mane get his goal despite missing a few earlier.

Mo Salah..... enough said
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #685: Apr 25, 2018 12:20:38 am

Don't worry Woodburn will come in and score the winner in the final  ;D
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #686: Apr 25, 2018 12:58:14 am
      Very worrying to see Ox down like that. He has been getting better and better each game and when we signed him I couldn't see how he would fit.
      5-2 is an amazing victory in the SEMI FINAL! If we came back from 0-2 down this place would be hopping. What an incredible win tonight.
      Roma have already pulled off one incredible comeback. I can't see them doing it again. I'm surprised not to see Milner getting more votes for MOTM. I thought he was immense. Delighted to see Mane get his goal despite missing a few earlier.

Mo Salah..... enough said

Salah scored two and made two. With Salah in the team we can score against any side home or away. Terrible blow losing Ox. You could see the boss was cut up about it. Looked like a serious injury as well.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #687: Apr 25, 2018 01:52:24 am
      It was a very impressive display and a great result going back to Rome up 3. The big thing for me is where they need goals they have to open up and with the form our attackers are in getting a away goal or two is very real possibility. Sucks to see Ox hurt, he really did take over Phil's spot in the starting XI ever since he was sold and is in a good vein of form for the past couple months.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #688: Apr 25, 2018 02:32:54 am
      Quote from Ribapuru
      Roma is a massive atmostphere to play against, it disables teams as much as Anfield does. Salah should have played to the 90. I really think Salah should be rested against Stoke now because he needs 90 in the second leg, a measure not needed if Klopp left Salah on and took 5-0. He's really ****** things up. Klopp is a good manager but he shown this last week he has some room to improve.

It's only weeks ago you were berating Klopp for "not making subs early enough", now you're complaining that he's making subs at all.

We struggled early on, but I kept saying that it was 0-0 in Porto for half an hour, and look what happened. But they were there for the taking once the first goal went in, and we took them apart. It was a 32 minute demolition job, (22 if you take out the 45-55th minutes). Then Lovren is caught out by a long ball, and Milner was just unlucky. I thought it was the right decision live and I've seen nothing since to make me think otherwise. Milner didn't even protest it. We didn't have the Spanish ref we had, when he overturned his decision in 2001, so it was unlikely the German ref would change his mind this time.

I don't think we're in the final, I never do after the first leg of a semi final at home, even at 5-0 up. The reality is it's only half time, and we have to go there and perform just as well if we're going to progress. It's a different challenge next week, a 3 goal advantage can, and has been lost in the competition before, indeed it's already happened to us this season, so the celebrations are on hold until the job is done.

To all those who are going over for it, take care, do us all proud, and come home safely, ready to book the tickets to Kiev.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #689: Apr 25, 2018 02:40:41 am
      2 Goals 2 assists that has to be one of the best performances ever from Salah.  This was the Champions League Semi final.

Quick Reply