Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Stoke?

Loris Karius
      7 (14%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      4 (8%)
      Joe Gomez
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      6 (12%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      5 (10%)
      Alberto Moreno
      7 (14%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      2 (4%)
      Jordan Henderson
      6 (12%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      8 (16%)
      Danny Ings
      1 (2%)
      Nathaniel Clyne
      0 (0%)
      James Milner
      4 (8%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Voting closed: May 02, 2018 02:25:34 pm

Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion

Read 24957 times
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Re: Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City: In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #437: Apr 28, 2018 07:51:56 pm
      And Benteke
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #438: Apr 28, 2018 07:54:07 pm
      If you think our ref was bad, should have seen the ref in the Swansea vs the ref and Chelsea
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #439: Apr 28, 2018 07:54:59 pm

Think we could have pulled Rushy out of retirement and he wouldn't have done as bad as Ings today.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #440: Apr 28, 2018 08:07:55 pm
      Think we could have pulled Rushy out of retirement and he wouldn't have done as bad as Ings today.

Harsh on ings, i am sorry but some of criticism if way over the top.
      saille29
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,534 posts | 242 
      Reply #441: Apr 28, 2018 08:13:05 pm
      If you think our ref was bad, should have seen the ref in the Swansea vs the ref and Chelsea

Bloody right but it was the one and only John spurs Moss so what more do you expect
      nikos
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 637 posts | 123 
      Reply #442: Apr 28, 2018 08:22:58 pm
      Have to win the CL final this year then to make 100% sure of qualification.
      Love this way of qualifying.
      « Last Edit: Apr 28, 2018 08:41:17 pm by nikos »
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #443: Apr 28, 2018 08:26:34 pm
      If we can navigate ourselves to the final of the Champions League, if it's any consolation at least we'll still be in a competitive mindset closing out this season as opposed to 2006-2007 where after more or less securing top 4 Rafa proceeded to start weakened sides in our last 3 Premier League games. I don't think that necessarily helped us going into Athens. Fitness is all fine and dandy but if you don't have the rhythm of playing together regularly then it's a bit of a shi**er.

Of course my point is made in presumption that Jürgen starts his strongest sides for our remaining fixtures against Chelsea and Brighton. If he gets the point needed at Stamford Bridge next week of course he'll no doubt start a weakened side against Brighton.
      Norfolk Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,169 posts | 520 
      Reply #444: Apr 28, 2018 08:43:01 pm
      Just one of those games, when Mo missed his chance said to the wife it's going to be one of those games.
      Dissapointed with the result but it's not the end of the world. Think the lads had one eye on Wednesday night, which was wrong but you can't blame them.

Back to normal on Wednesday, but have to say with the injuries we have it only goes to show how thin our squad is. Hopefully FSG will put that right in the summer.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,863 posts | 704 
      Reply #445: Apr 28, 2018 08:59:40 pm
      Awful game, which went as most games against Lambert go. Frustration is the only winner. He was delighted with the point, let's see how delighted he is when it sends him down in a couple of weeks. I honestly thought with their situation they would look like they needed three points, but apparently just parking the bus and getting just one was apparently more important to him.

The major incident came after 4 minutes, when Mo missed his sitter. It really was an awful miss. Never mind, more chances would come, wouldn't they?

Er no. They dried up instead, and I think we could be there until the semi final and it would still be 0-0. It means we've probably lost second, even third spot which would be very disappointing considering how we've played this season in general.

It was akin to the Southampton 0-0 borefest at this point last season. Like then, the situation is still in our own hands, but it probably means having to beat Brighton to do it, as going to Chelsea needing a result at this stage of the season is something you try to avoid if at all possible, even more so with European considerations thrown in. And Brighton will set up exactly like Stoke did, especially if they don't have anything to play for. So let's just hope Mo takes his chance next time and we can then stick another 5 past Hughton as we usually manage to do.

In the meantime, Stoke didn't win here, again, and are probably down. I can't say I'll be shedding many tears for them as they've contributed nothing, bar stay up with their pub footballers, bus parkers, and long ballers polluting the league every year for the past 10 years. Goodbye and Good Riddance.

As for us, we move on to hopefully bigger and better things.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #446: Apr 28, 2018 09:18:46 pm

Considering Milner got done for handball for the exact same thing Tuesday a total pisstake.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,620 posts | 3917 
      Reply #447: Apr 28, 2018 09:24:39 pm
      Still recovering after watching that sh*te.

90 mins I’ll never get back
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #448: Apr 28, 2018 09:36:21 pm
      Think I posted this before, pre-season, Solanke looked like a monster!!!! I was really excited about signing him. He is young, and is still learning, hopefully he improves

There’s definitely potential there. It’s unfortunate in a way, before he’d have been given more chances but at the moment, we have the best attack going arguably so was never going to be easy for him. Needs a loan move for a year or two.

I feel sorry for Ings to be honest, he’s never been good enough to be what we need but in fairness to him, he took his goal well and a shame it didn’t stand, could have been a massively important goal for us. But playing on the left of a front 3 is just a no go from the start. His work rate and ability isn’t good enough, he was piss poor when he came on vs Roma, if he had tracked back better like what we are used to from the front 3, maybe the build up to the penalty wouldn’t have happened. He’s a player I want to do well and to be reliable back up for us but it just isn’t the case for him, those injuries haven’t helped at all.

I expected him to do much more in today’s game.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #449: Apr 28, 2018 09:54:59 pm
      Yes let's drop our captain and the best player on the night against them in the first leg. That's what a poor performance against Stoke 'merits'. Braindead, keyboard warrior, crybaby nonsense. There is absolutely no way you could actually want that to happen so do us a favourite and stop vomiting on the keyboard for once.

Sh*te game today. Sh*te players. Sh*te referee. Sh*te crowd. Sh*te all round.

No injuries though...

And sh*t post from you. tw*t.
      redtiler
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,126 posts | 127 
      Reply #450: Apr 28, 2018 10:12:53 pm
      Who we let go is not as important as who we didn't bring in.

Attacking wise, we have Lallana and Ox to come back, we might be ok for next season. plus we have Keita, who should be a BIG plus
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,320 posts | 1524 
      Reply #451: Apr 28, 2018 10:19:56 pm
      Think we need a midfielder who can run and run like Hendo, but can also play football 😳
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #452: Apr 28, 2018 10:26:06 pm
      Think we need a midfielder who can run and run like Hendo, but can also play football 😳

I reckon we should sign Keita!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #453: Apr 28, 2018 10:27:00 pm
      Same as last week the lack of quality options outside of the first 11 really becoming evident at this stage of the season.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #454: Apr 28, 2018 10:30:39 pm
      To be honest Ings was not that bad. He is no Mane, but he did not do to badly against Stoke... Think is with Mane playing the stoke back four would have had a lot more to think about and maybe Salah would have found that much more space...

But if i'm honest, I could not get excited about this game, as I'm looking forward to the return leg against Roma to much  ;D
      « Last Edit: Apr 29, 2018 11:26:48 am by The Real Donavan Ried »
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #455: Apr 28, 2018 10:31:45 pm
      Bloody right but it was the one and only John spurs Moss so what more do you expect
      That explains it then  :o
      Tadders

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #456: Apr 28, 2018 10:49:30 pm
      draw at Chelsea its all over. if not we have to beat Brighton at home, if we cant do this then we dont deserve CL football.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #457: Apr 28, 2018 11:20:10 pm
      Same as last week the lack of quality options outside of the first 11 really becoming evident at this stage of the season.

Isn't that the truth,the options were found out against Stoke.The lousy ref didn't help as well,the treatment handed out to Salah was a disgrace.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #458: Apr 28, 2018 11:34:35 pm
      draw at Chelsea its all over. if not we have to beat Brighton at home, if we cant do this then we dont deserve CL football.

Is true and barring injuries we should be fielding full strength sides for those 2 matches. Chelsea were really not that impressive against a crap Swansea team today, if we want to then I think we can beat them or at least get the vital draw.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,344 posts | 2818 
      Reply #459: Apr 29, 2018 12:16:31 am
      Know we've got injuries but the way we're struggling to handle a CL campaign around what are quite simple Premier League games to secure a top four spot shows how far this squad is away from being one that can compete on multiple fronts.

Quick Reply