Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Pre-Match: Roma vs Liverpool 02/05/2018 - 7.45pm

Read 19510 times
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Re: Pre-Match: Roma vs Liverpool 02/05/2018 - 7.45pm
      Reply #46: May 01, 2018 10:25:45 am
      Get this game done with and then make sure we get something from the Chelsea game and I can put the stamp of approval on the season.

Irrespective of tomorrow night's result - if we are going in to the last game of the season requiring a win to make top four after the goals we've scored then deary me - we've taken our eye off the ball big time.

Next 5 days IMO massive about whether the club continues to move forward or we're about to hit one of those many bumps of the last 25 years.  I'd take two draws now if you offered them to me, no question.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,228 posts | 4421 
      Reply #47: May 01, 2018 10:33:17 am
      Get this game done with and then make sure we get something from the Chelsea game and I can put the stamp of approval on the season.

Irrespective of tomorrow night's result - if we are going in to the last game of the season requiring a win to make top four after the goals we've scored then deary me - we've taken our eye off the ball big time.

Next 5 days IMO massive about whether the club continues to move forward or we're about to hit one of those many bumps of the last 25 years.  I'd take two draws now if you offered them to me, no question.

We did the same last season stumbling over the line.

Until the squad is bolstered with quality back ups to step up when injuries strike then it will always be the way and esp so when fighting on multiple fronts.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #48: May 01, 2018 10:33:43 am

Two draws are very good result because that means we're in the final unbeaten and we're in top 4 with one game to spare.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #49: May 01, 2018 11:13:28 am
      Mohamed Salah and Co rolled into Melwood on Tuesday morning as the squad gathered ahead of their flight to Italy.

RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,759 posts | 259 
      Reply #50: May 01, 2018 11:20:44 am
      Mohamed Salah and Co rolled into Melwood on Tuesday morning as the squad gathered ahead of their flight to Italy.

So, is Milner a chauffeur in his spare time? A man of all trades. That Ings must be really wealthy. ;)
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #51: May 01, 2018 11:28:17 am

And there's me going to work.

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #52: May 01, 2018 11:28:47 am
      So, is Milner a chauffeur in his spare time? A man of all trades. That Ings must be really wealthy. ;)

He keeps low profile. Ings and Milner. Bombastic vs Boring :P
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #53: May 01, 2018 12:04:34 pm
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #54: May 01, 2018 12:21:55 pm
      Reds confirm 23-man squad for Rome

Jürgen Klopp has named a 23-man squad for Liverpool's Champions League semi-final second leg against AS Roma.

The Reds travel out to Italy on Tuesday afternoon ahead of the return meeting of the European tie, holding a 5-2 aggregate lead from the opening match at Anfield.

Sadio Mane makes the journey after missing the weekend draw with Stoke City while Adam Lallana joins the travelling party following a spell out with a hamstring injury.

Jordan Henderson and Trent Alexander-Arnold, who each had minor fitness concerns from the weekend, also travel to Rome.

Joe Gomez is not involved, however, having sustained an ankle issue on Saturday.

Liverpool squad: Karius, Clyne, Van Dijk, Wijnaldum, Lovren, Milner, Firmino, Salah, Henderson, Klavan, Moreno, Mane, Lallana, Mignolet, Robertson, Ings, Solanke, Jones, Ward, Woodburn, Masterson, Camacho, Alexander-Arnold.http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/300234-liverpool-fc-squad-as-roma-champions-league

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,727 posts | 3741 
      Reply #55: May 01, 2018 01:51:57 pm
      At Liverpool John Lennon Airport

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,430 posts | 6422 
      Reply #56: May 01, 2018 01:59:18 pm
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #57: May 01, 2018 02:30:41 pm
      Looks like we have managed to make it to the game with a decent starting XI. Nothing at all beyond that in fairness. Hopefully in this game we dont need any impact from the bench anyway.

Very nervous now when I think about the match.

I hope everyone learnt again the lessons of showboating and backslapping mid match in this competition after it seemed to have been forgotten about at points in the first leg.

Take these seriously, respect the opposition and finish them off on the counter once more.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #58: May 01, 2018 03:15:56 pm
      Looks like we have managed to make it to the game with a decent starting XI. Nothing at all beyond that in fairness. Hopefully in this game we dont need any impact from the bench anyway.

Very nervous now when I think about the match.

I hope everyone learnt again the lessons of showboating and backslapping mid match in this competition after it seemed to have been forgotten about at points in the first leg.

Take these seriously, respect the opposition and finish them off on the counter once more.

Nervous here as well, but just because the occasion is so huge.

We have delivered at every turn in this competition, and will again.
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #59: May 01, 2018 03:27:33 pm
      Be brave and keep good possession and we will create chances.

We cannot afford to sit off them or they will have a go.

redkop63
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #60: May 01, 2018 06:27:32 pm
      They have mastered the passes to Dzeko to near perfection. If we could cut out those passes and crosses to Dzeko, we will reduce their threat. Dzeko can shoot accurately from outside the box and we need to close down those spaces quickly right at the arc of our box.

They will probably start the game at a very fast pace to get an early goal and we must be ready to deal with that and fully focussed and not dilly dally. They move the ball swiftly from the midway line into our half and to Dzeko and we must distrupt that movement. If they through the middle probably we attack through the flanks.

They have a slow and highly suspected defence.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #61: May 01, 2018 06:34:18 pm
      If we can win in Manchester after conceding inside 2 mins, I thing we'll be alright in Italy...
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #62: May 01, 2018 06:51:09 pm
      They will probably start the game at a very fast pace to get an early goal and we must be ready to deal with that and fully focussed and not dilly dally. They move the ball swiftly from the midway line into our half and to Dzeko and we must distrupt that movement. If they through the middle probably we attack through the flanks.
      Scottbot

• 9,627 posts | 2161 
      Reply #63: May 01, 2018 06:55:59 pm
      They have mastered the passes to Dzeko to near perfection. If we could cut out those passes and crosses to Dzeko, we will reduce their threat. Dzeko can shoot accurately from outside the box and we need to close down those spaces quickly right at the arc of our box.

They have a slow and highly suspected defence.

Absoltely right with regards to Dzeko, they will try and get the ball into his feet as often as possible and play off him. We really struggled with that during the first 20 minutes last week. I actually think they will be quite measured in their approach and would be surprised if they try to squeeze up so high and offer the same amount of space that they gave our lads in the first leg. Key for us is to screen the early balls into Dzeko and to do a better job on 2nd balls than we did in the opening stages of the first leg. Also, early doors there is no need to feck around with the ball deep in our own half. First 10-15 minutes we should be looking to turn them and then feel our way into the game as the crowd noise and pace subsides a little bit.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #64: May 01, 2018 07:27:42 pm
      1-3 to the Redmen.
      Tadders

• 6,831 posts | 580 
      Reply #65: May 01, 2018 08:56:14 pm
      Get through the first 20 minutes unscathed and we will be fine
      Watching the Madrid / Bayern game - they are both hopeless at defending
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #66: May 01, 2018 08:57:21 pm
      Absoltely right with regards to Dzeko, they will try and get the ball into his feet as often as possible and play off him. We really struggled with that during the first 20 minutes last week. I actually think they will be quite measured in their approach and would be surprised if they try to squeeze up so high and offer the same amount of space that they gave our lads in the first leg. Key for us is to screen the early balls into Dzeko and to do a better job on 2nd balls than we did in the opening stages of the first leg. Also, early doors there is no need to feck around with the ball deep in our own half. First 10-15 minutes we should be looking to turn them and then feel our way into the game as the crowd noise and pace subsides a little bit.

Absolutely so.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #67: May 01, 2018 09:11:21 pm
      Was feeling fine about tomorrow but wafching tonights game has got me nerves going. You just dont know what can happen in these games do you??
      Hasty Lover
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 92 posts |
      Reply #68: May 01, 2018 09:42:00 pm
      Madrid then, get through tomorrow then knock those cnuts of their perch

Quick Reply