Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

Buvac stepping down?

Read 30917 times
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Re: Buvac stepping down
      Reply #92: May 01, 2018 02:37:11 am
      I still think everyone's seeing too much into this - "taking a break for personal reasons" means to me something to do with his family.

Everyone thinks Footballers are the only ones who fail to settle but in this case it may well be that he, or his family, or both, are failing to adapt to this country in the same way Jürgen is. This in turn might be resulting in him butting heads with Klopp more, adding additional stress to all involved.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #93: May 01, 2018 08:37:33 am
      I don’t think it matters a flying F**k.

Some are just siezing on an opportunity to wail and gnash teeth.......because of their lack of underlying confidence.

Whatever the reasons - we have a game to play and he wouldn’t be there on the pitch.

Making this a factor is creating a climate / excuse for failure.

This is not the time to countenance doubt.

Get out and do the job - whatever is (or isn’t) happening in the background is irrelevant.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #94: May 01, 2018 10:34:31 am
      I still think everyone's seeing too much into this - "taking a break for personal reasons" means to me something to do with his family.

Check you out towing the official line. ;)

If it is really a personal matter - fair enough.  Personally, I think if it was we'd know about it.   It would have been phrased in a way to not leave Klopp facing a sh*t load of questions tonight.  Liverpool's press release didn't say family matter or health matter did it? 

And if has left because of a tiff two days before one of our biggest games then, in my opinion, he can do one.  We can't be having people who can't handle the pressure on or off the field. 
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #95: May 01, 2018 11:01:58 am
      Some reports (Twitter) about him taking over at Arsenal, may be true, and if so maybe that's why the sudden departure.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #96: May 01, 2018 11:09:24 am
      Some reports (Twitter) about him taking over at Arsenal, may be true, and if so maybe that's why the sudden departure.

If so, we need a new assistant manager. Krawietz should take over Buvac. I would take on board an ex-liverpool player ex. Hyypia, Bellamy, Carragher, etc
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      Reply #97: May 01, 2018 12:02:59 pm
      Buvac tipped for Gunners and Mourinho's right-hand man Faria also emerges as a candidate at Arsenal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #98: May 01, 2018 12:07:21 pm

I can tell by the link there's probably no use me clicking that. ;D
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #99: May 01, 2018 12:22:10 pm
      Really is the silly season now
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #100: May 01, 2018 12:22:59 pm
      I've got a proper bit of 'overheard' knowledge on this you know ha ha?  Hate all that in the know sh*te but I sh*t you not I overheard yesterday that Peter Moores has wanted him out for a while and that we've been trying to F**k him off for a while. Not saying who it was or where I overheard it as I see the same faces at the same place every morning and if they did read this they'd know it was me as they know the face at the place.

Honestly, though, take it or leave it but its F***ing solid what I've said, there. Not claiming to be an in the know just that a F***ing great ear wigger was sitting with me yesterday morning.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      Reply #101: May 01, 2018 12:26:21 pm
      I've got a proper bit of 'overheard' knowledge on this you know ha ha?  Hate all that in the know sh*te but I sh*t you not I overheard yesterday that Peter Moores has wanted him out for a while and that we've been trying to F**k him off for a while. Not saying who it was or where I overheard it as I see the same faces at the same place every morning and if they did read this they'd know it was me as they know the face at the place.

Honestly, though, take it or leave it but its F***ing solid what I've said, there. Not claiming to be an in the know just that a F***ing great ear wigger was sitting with me yesterday morning.

Any reasons, why?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #102: May 01, 2018 12:29:02 pm

He's not that F***ing good an ear wigger.
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 11,697 posts | 3714 
      Reply #103: May 01, 2018 12:45:52 pm
      He's not that F***ing good an ear wigger.

Ok mate.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,191 posts | 4405 
      Reply #104: May 01, 2018 12:59:08 pm
      Well twatter certainly alight with the Buvac to Gooners rumour.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #105: May 01, 2018 01:03:33 pm

Are you suggesting Arsenal engineered this to happen 2 games before the end of the season to F**k us up? Why th erush if he is taking over at Arsenal, they have all summer to install him as their new boss, why the rush?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #106: May 01, 2018 01:06:10 pm
      I've got a proper bit of 'overheard' knowledge on this you know ha ha?  Hate all that in the know sh*te but I sh*t you not I overheard yesterday that Peter Moores has wanted him out for a while and that we've been trying to f**k him off for a while. Not saying who it was or where I overheard it as I see the same faces at the same place every morning and if they did read this they'd know it was me as they know the face at the place.

Honestly, though, take it or leave it but its f**king solid what I've said, there. Not claiming to be an in the know just that a f**king great ear wigger was sitting with me yesterday morning.

And he couldn't wait a couple of weeks to get rid of him, instead has to jeopardise our season, oh come on that is utter crap!!
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #107: May 01, 2018 01:06:31 pm
      Are you suggesting Arsenal engineered this to happen 2 games before the end of the season to F**k us up? Why th erush if he is taking over at Arsenal, they have all summer to install him as their new boss, why the rush?

I'm not suggesting anything.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #108: May 01, 2018 01:07:12 pm
      Well twatter certainly alight with the Buvac to Gooners rumour.

That would literally make no bloody sense, why would they hire someone with no managerial experience?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #109: May 01, 2018 01:09:18 pm

Didn't mean it as an accusation against you, just that its a bit to much cloaks and daggers, but if he and they have chosen this time to leave just to F**k us up then it could make for some very spicy games between us and the Gooners.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #110: May 01, 2018 01:52:26 pm
      I've got a proper bit of 'overheard' knowledge on this you know ha ha?  Hate all that in the know sh*te but I sh*t you not I overheard yesterday that Peter Moores has wanted him out for a while and that we've been trying to f**k him off for a while. Not saying who it was or where I overheard it as I see the same faces at the same place every morning and if they did read this they'd know it was me as they know the face at the place.

Honestly, though, take it or leave it but its f**king solid what I've said, there. Not claiming to be an in the know just that a f**king great ear wigger was sitting with me yesterday morning.

If Moore wanted him out though, that would seem to make it not a Jürgen thing which would seemingly pit Jürgen against Moore. That wouldn't be good. If Buvac was wanted out by anyone, I can only hope that it was Jürgen as strange as that may be.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #111: May 01, 2018 01:57:35 pm
      Peter Moores has wanted him out for a while

Surely not Peter 'I tell you every time I have nothing to do with the football side of things but I'm Chief Exec of a football club' Moore. 
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,331 posts | 6384 
      Reply #112: May 01, 2018 02:02:04 pm
       @harismrkonjan1
       @harismrkonjan1
      Željko #Buvac has apparently been spending a lot of time in Banja Luka, BiH lately. His visits are related to his father's illness, per sources. Rumours about being #Wenger successor may not be accurate. I'm digging though.. stay tuned. #Liverpool #Arsenal #LFC #AFC

Take it as you wish.....
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,231 posts | 8572 
      Reply #113: May 01, 2018 02:13:44 pm
      Check you out towing the official line. ;)

If it is really a personal matter - fair enough.  Personally, I think if it was we'd know about it.   It would have been phrased in a way to not leave Klopp facing a sh*t load of questions tonight.  Liverpool's press release didn't say family matter or health matter did it? 

And if has left because of a tiff two days before one of our biggest games then, in my opinion, he can do one.  We can't be having people who can't handle the pressure on or off the field. 

Hahahahaha yeah totally!!

I just think if it was a falling out ala Rafa/Pako they'd go with the "gardening leave" line anything worse and they'd sack him outright.

Klopp doesn't come across as the same as Rafa with football being the be all and end all. So if someone is ill within Buvac's family, Klopp would be the type to tell him to go and be with his family.

Didn't he make a comment surrounding the Sean Cox thing last week about it only being a game or something along those lines?

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #114: May 01, 2018 02:21:20 pm
      Hahahahaha yeah totally!!

I just think if it was a falling out ala Rafa/Pako they'd go with the "gardening leave" line anything worse and they'd sack him outright.

Klopp doesn't come across as the same as Rafa with football being the be all and end all. So if someone is ill within Buvac's family, Klopp would be the type to tell him to go and be with his family.

Didn't he make a comment surrounding the Sean Cox thing last week about it only being a game or something along those lines?

I can see why people would believe there is more to given the brevity of the official line but we have to remember who the subject is here. Given that Buvac rarely speaks to the media and seems keen on keeping himself out of the limelight, the official line seems understandable on that basis and I suppose any more information would just stoke flames of interest into his own private circle.

Quick Reply