Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Buvac stepping down?

Read 30541 times
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Re: Buvac stepping down?
      Reply #161: May 11, 2018 09:32:00 pm
      So he's gone because they both didn't see eye to eye on where one player should play?

Fucks, if they've agreed on where and how absolutely every other player should play in their time together then what was the point of Buvac anyway?

Not having that.

May be. I tended to side with the Salah wide instead of Salah tucked in. But Salah has been vital to the success we've had this season. Without him we would definitely struggle to compete for even top 6. So a fall out over the attacking philosophy could've been the reason.

Salah will probably play the tight role V Brighton and will do very well, but will he be as effective V Real. Klopp does tend to move players. Playing Trent in midfield when he is still learning the left back spot. Not accusing Klopp of to much tinkering with the line up by the way. A very good argument can be made for Salah playing both positions. With Salah tucked, Trent doesn't have the bog standard lay off to the winger. That gives Trent more room to play. With Salah wide he sees more of the ball, Trent less. But Salah can slip inside, on to his left. Got options. Does he have the same options tucked in.

Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #162: May 11, 2018 09:38:52 pm
      You don't have a source, just making up thoughts out your head. Crazy man.

Well made up or not...it's a bona fida tactical point. Salah has been moved inside tucked in. He does see less of the ball. There is a difference. A clear difference. If it works with Salah tucked in..it works. I can't argue with you or anybody else who doesn't see that Salah has changed and is playing tucked in as opposed to wide right. Trent has had more time. Those great crosses he knocks in would've been played to Salah earlier in the season.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #163: May 11, 2018 09:42:56 pm
      Well made up or not...it's a bona fida tactical point. Salah has been moved inside tucked in. He does see less of the ball. There is a difference. A clear difference. If it works with Salah tucked in..it works. I can't argue with you or anybody else who doesn't see that Salah has changed and is playing tucked in as opposed to wide right. Trent has had more time. Those great crosses he knocks in would've been played to Salah earlier in the season.
      You clearly made up some b*****s, to try and make it look like you know more than Klopp and Buvac agrees with you. Please don't delete this post mod, it will be a much more fitting punishment to leave it there, probably lock it so it can't be deleted.. so when anybody feels they made a bad post they can reflect on Harrisimo's post and say, not as bad as Harrisimo.. kind of like the Stuart Downing of posts.
      lfc across the water
      • Needs a Klopp hug...Rafa's Number 1 fan...VAR has no faults Promoter
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,833 posts | 701 
      Reply #164: May 11, 2018 10:17:51 pm
      Quote from Harrisimo
      Salah has been vital to the success we've had this season. Without him we would definitely struggle to compete for even top 6

We have one of the most feared strike forces in the country, arguably Europe, got us top 4 last year/this year, and 3 cup finals later, yet we're just one player off competing against the Burnleys and the Allardyces 50 point mob?

Your posts get wackier by the week.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #165: May 11, 2018 11:19:25 pm

So in other words you're talking sh*t. Got it.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #166: May 12, 2018 01:32:15 am

No source = No credibility. Just a fairy story.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #167: May 13, 2018 07:52:18 am
      I have not posted on the forum for many years, and for many reasons. The main reason I came back on was to see what was posted on the Buvac subject. I live in Liverpool and also have a neighbour and friend that is very close to a player at the club. I'm not for one moment an "ITK" although that said this person says very little, but when he does, historically its been highly accurate?

I like many other reds was trawling the media when the story broke for any creditable scraps of information. I discovered a jurno from Banja Luca who said it was because his father was gravely ill? Creditable, I thought so?

My neighbour had just returned from the Roma leg, and I bumped into him in the carpark of our building. I ask him what the trip was like etc. and the subject strayed to Buvac and I relayed my "theory" such that it was to him.

He put me straight immediately, and the reason appears extremely creditable. Buvac was contacted by Sven Mislintat from Arsenal,  all three worked together at Dortmund. Buvac didn't tell Klopp about the approach, Klopp found out via the back door about the approach, all hell broke loose.

At some point John Henry became involved, Buvac is placed on "gardening leave" and the players were informed by Klopp after Sunday training a day or so after he departed.

Remember when we were meant to sign Bony, and all the speculation as to why we never signed him. Well this neighbour who divulged the above information got it spot on, which history later confirmed. There where many rumours in the press a country mile of the mark, he nailed the real reason 100% accurately.

Make of it what you will!
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #168: May 13, 2018 08:21:24 am
      Fact is, form has dipped since the news.
      Kopite78
      Reply #169: May 13, 2018 08:32:00 am
      Fact is, form has dipped since the news.

Rubbish

Or the correlation between the two anyway

Buvac was on the bench until the Stoke game. He's not been there for Roma away and Chelsea.

You're looking for something not there. If you honestly think that either plans aren't already in place tactics wise for the run in you don't understand how things work.. every thing else will be recovery sessions and top ups.
      Or if you think that an assistant leaving would cause the squad to be depressed and not motivated for the run in and a champions league final then again mate.. 😂
      They probably don't give it a second thought truth be told.
      Long term it may have a slight affect on one or two individuals that were close to him, if any.. but ultimately nah..

Look at how often Fergie changed his number two in his successful times.

The reason our form has 'dipped' (in your view) is down to fatigue, injuries, no real squad options and the focus on getting the champions league final taking the players minds slightly off of the league run in

Had we had more options to rotate then maybe those results are positive. The fact we are one injury away from disaster in the midfield and front three means they are playing to protect themselves a bit

We have put so much distance between us and Chelsea over the course of the season that has allowed us to do this..  they needed to be perfect in the run in whilst we could coast and get there.. which we will

Had we not got Kiev on our minds with this thread bare squad I would imagine we would be far closer to second if not in it than 4th

I don't understand constant negativity me
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #170: May 13, 2018 09:10:23 am
      I have not posted on the forum for many years, and for many reasons. The main reason I came back on was to see what was posted on the Buvac subject. I live in Liverpool and also have a neighbour and friend that is very close to a player at the club. I'm not for one moment an "ITK" although that said this person says very little, but when he does, historically its been highly accurate?

I like many other reds was trawling the media when the story broke for any creditable scraps of information. I discovered a jurno from Banja Luca who said it was because his father was gravely ill? Creditable, I thought so?

My neighbour had just returned from the Roma leg, and I bumped into him in the carpark of our building. I ask him what the trip was like etc. and the subject strayed to Buvac and I relayed my "theory" such that it was to him.

He put me straight immediately, and the reason appears extremely creditable. Buvac was contacted by Sven Mislintat from Arsenal,  all three worked together at Dortmund. Buvac didn't tell Klopp about the approach, Klopp found out via the back door about the approach, all hell broke loose.

At some point John Henry became involved, Buvac is placed on "gardening leave" and the players were informed by Klopp after Sunday training a day or so after he departed.

Remember when we were meant to sign Bony, and all the speculation as to why we never signed him. Well this neighbour who divulged the above information got it spot on, which history later confirmed. There where many rumours in the press a country mile of the mark, he nailed the real reason 100% accurately.

Football is so weird in so many ways, in normal life if you get head hunted for another job its perfectly ok and nothing needs to be declared, if you then decide to go for the new job you just hand in your notice and off you go but in football even if you just get approached about another job you have to flag it up immediately, which will surely weaken your position with your current club if you were unsuccessful in getting the new job.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #171: May 13, 2018 09:21:38 am
      Rubbish

Or the correlation between the two anyway

Buvac was on the bench until the Stoke game. He's not been there for Roma away and Chelsea.

You're looking for something not there. If you honestly think that either plans aren't already in place tactics wise for the run in you don't understand how things work.. every thing else will be recovery sessions and top ups.
      Or if you think that an assistant leaving would cause the squad to be depressed and not motivated for the run in and a champions league final then again mate.. 😂
      They probably don't give it a second thought truth be told.
      Long term it may have a slight affect on one or two individuals that were close to him, if any.. but ultimately nah..

Look at how often Fergie changed his number two in his successful times.

The reason our form has 'dipped' (in your view) is down to fatigue, injuries, no real squad options and the focus on getting the champions league final taking the players minds slightly off of the league run in

Had we had more options to rotate then maybe those results are positive. The fact we are one injury away from disaster in the midfield and front three means they are playing to protect themselves a bit

We have put so much distance between us and Chelsea over the course of the season that has allowed us to do this..  they needed to be perfect in the run in whilst we could coast and get there.. which we will

Had we not got Kiev on our minds with this thread bare squad I would imagine we would be far closer to second if not in it than 4th

I don't understand constant negativity me

I’m not moaning, I’m just stating a slight correlation.

Your response is 100% appropriate and well written.. it’s certainly made me more positive
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #172: May 13, 2018 09:46:09 am
      Football is so weird in so many ways, in normal life if you get head hunted for another job its perfectly ok and nothing needs to be declared, if you then decide to go for the new job you just hand in your notice and off you go but in football even if you just get approached about another job you have to flag it up immediately, which will surely weaken your position with your current club if you were unsuccessful in getting the new job.

If every article you read in the press regarding Klopp & Buvac is as accurate as they would have us collectively believe. The pair are close, very close, both on a professional and personal level. That is why Klopp would expect openness and honesty, at the very least professionally?

Lets hope we can win in Kiev and this entire debacle can be put behind them. A loss in Kiev could potentially be the antithesis and lead to finger pointing and acrimony. Either way a reconciliation in my mind will be difficult at best? Time will tell.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Reply #173: May 13, 2018 09:50:39 am
      I’m not moaning, I’m just stating a slight correlation.

Your response is 100% appropriate and well written.. it’s certainly made me more positive

Remember - if you follow the hearsay - that he’d not been involved as previously for several weeks before fella......you know when we were tearing Roma a new one at Anfield etc.....

It’s not a correlation it IS a coincidence......
      « Last Edit: May 13, 2018 10:23:16 am by Scotia »
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #174: May 13, 2018 10:04:49 am
      It's a credit to Buvac and Jürgen that they have kept the reason for Buvac leaving L.F.C. to themselves.I am sure that when the time is right all will  be revealed.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #175: May 14, 2018 12:50:34 pm

It's why we love football mate. It's so close-knit and intense that a single approach to a key personnel can upset the whole ship.

On the other hand, football is not so different to other organizations. We're talking about Klopp's right hand man afterall. A CFO leaving a FTSE100, a design director at a fashion company or something similar can cause billions to be wiped off the market value of a firm in a few days.

Whatever's happening, someone clearly didn't live up to expectations and standards set by the club, hence the very public falling out. Worst timing ever in my opinion and completely unacceptable. Genuine personal problems like family sickness or the like aside, I can't see any other acceptable scenario for the mess. When the club needs unity leading up to such a huge end of season campaign, I'd want every top personnel to put everything aside, so that the whole club can focus on winning the damn club, not get distracted by this nonsense.
      Fagan1984
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #176: May 14, 2018 11:20:17 pm

I can well believe this side of the story. A very unfortunate situation.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #177: May 14, 2018 11:32:37 pm

Can you try to get the 18/19 transfer list of the players we are interested? :)
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #178: May 15, 2018 12:43:50 am
      getting an approach from Arsenal makes the most sense and is the least "conspiracy theory" sounding. hopefully the men have it out properly and reunite stronger, rather than fall out completely.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,208 posts | 1503 
      Reply #179: May 15, 2018 08:51:00 pm
       Buvac getting an approach from Arsenal seems to have been his undoing. Probably won’t get back with Klopp after betraying him like he did, and of all the coaches being listed to take over at Arse, Buvac hasn’t really had a mention has he !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #180: May 15, 2018 10:10:59 pm
      Buvac getting an approach from Arsenal seems to have been his undoing. Probably won’t get back with Klopp after betraying him like he did, and of all the coaches being listed to take over at Arse, Buvac hasn’t really had a mention has he !

I have no doubt it was probably an attempt to try and derail our season because they were never going to get past Atletico Madrid, knew they'd go out with their tail between their legs, maybe hoping we'd do the same against Roma, take some of the attention off Arsenal.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #181: May 15, 2018 11:10:36 pm
      Can you try to get the 18/19 transfer list of the players we are interested? :)

Unfortunately not, but I assure you ill keep my ear to the ground, watch this space!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #182: May 15, 2018 11:36:23 pm

Just seen this post, good to have you back!

Just a thought about the bit I've highlighted, I'm not saying your making it up so don't get me wrong. But, for me, as a business owner myself, I've never actually put anyone on "gardening leave", I've had to sack a couple off, but I haven't and would never tell any of the other members of my staff the reason why. Basically, I'm not sure Klopp would have actually told the players the reason why Buvac is not around. I get the feeling your neighbour could just be stating the most credible reason we've all read so far.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,275 posts | 37 
      Reply #183: May 17, 2018 09:17:59 am
      Just seen this post, good to have you back!

Just a thought about the bit I've highlighted, I'm not saying your making it up so don't get me wrong. But, for me, as a business owner myself, I've never actually put anyone on "gardening leave", I've had to sack a couple off, but I haven't and would never tell any of the other members of my staff the reason why. Basically, I'm not sure Klopp would have actually told the players the reason why Buvac is not around. I get the feeling your neighbour could just be stating the most credible reason we've all read so far.

I to have my own business and comparing my approach to H.R. to LFC's approach to staff employment and contractual matters are separated by a massive delta.

When LFC places a contracted member of staff on "gardening Leave" they have many aspects to consider:-

Timing (crucial strategically at the moment)

Forthcoming final

Media (fake news, speculation etc.)

Contract ( Gagging clauses, financial severance etc. etc…….)

Often a period of enforced agreed leave is the best option, it could be viewed as a cooling of period, for a more timely and strategic approach to making it formal (end of season proper)

As for informing the playing staff I would imagine that the last thing that Klopp and the club would want to engender would be Chinese whispering campaign in the dressing room. Also bear-in-mind, Buvac was in one to one contact with the players on a daily basis, therefore I would guess "bullshiting" and smoke screens was not an option.
      If I was JH, which of course I'm not! This would certainly been best option, at least in the short term, to handling this potentially de-railing debacle.

As I ended in my original post. Make of it what you will.

Quick Reply