Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Buvac stepping down?

Read 30534 times
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Buvac stepping down?
      Reply #184: May 17, 2018 10:02:09 am
      Just seen this post, good to have you back!

Just a thought about the bit I've highlighted, I'm not saying your making it up so don't get me wrong. But, for me, as a business owner myself, I've never actually put anyone on "gardening leave", I've had to sack a couple off, but I haven't and would never tell any of the other members of my staff the reason why. Basically, I'm not sure Klopp would have actually told the players the reason why Buvac is not around. I get the feeling your neighbour could just be stating the most credible reason we've all read so far.
      They would have to tell the players to reduce the distraction. Who better than Klopp?
      Kopite78
      Reply #185: May 17, 2018 10:05:36 am
      They would have to tell the players to reduce the distraction. Who better than Klopp?

I'd very very much doubt that he's told them any details on why he's not there
      Or if ultimately they care
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #186: May 17, 2018 10:07:02 am
      Pep Lijnders has left NEC, perhaps a return to the club as a replacement for Buvac?
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #187: May 17, 2018 10:15:22 am
      Pep Lijnders has left NEC, perhaps a return to the club as a replacement for Buvac?

What is NEC?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #188: May 17, 2018 10:17:05 am

Nijmegen Eendracht Combinatie. Dutch team. Did you not know he went there?
      Kopite78
      Reply #189: May 17, 2018 10:17:06 am

The Dutch football club Pep Lijnders went to manage
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #190: May 17, 2018 11:57:09 am

Surprised he left them, heard he was doing well there? And looking at the league table, he finished 3rd. But if Buvac doesn't return, I would love to see Lijnders back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #191: May 17, 2018 12:05:28 pm
      Surprised he left them, heard he was doing well there? And looking at the league table, he finished 3rd. But if Buvac doesn't return, I would love to see Lijnders back.

Basically sacked because they missed out on promotion.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #192: May 17, 2018 12:10:16 pm
      Nijmegen Eendracht Combinatie. Dutch team. Did you not know he went there?

Now you mention it it rings a bell.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #193: May 17, 2018 02:38:39 pm
      Basically sacked because they missed out on promotion.

Klopp had begun including him in the inner circle along with Zeljko and Peter, so returning is a  possibility.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #194: May 17, 2018 03:10:17 pm
      Pep,Beale & Buvac all left Klopp, that's a fair drain of talent for a coach to loose & still have his team challenge for a CL final & league top 4 spots...

I know they have been together for 17 years and the Boss refers to Buvac as the brains but I think Klopp gives far too much credit to. Buvac for Klopp's success..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #195: May 17, 2018 03:42:23 pm
      Klopp had begun including him in the inner circle along with Zeljko and Peter, so returning is a  possibility.

Agreed, I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest to see him announced as Klopps new assistant. I think if Buvac was coming back then he would have done for the final.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #196: Jun 13, 2018 02:41:24 pm
      Someone on Twitter reckoning he's knocked us back and is taking the vacant Fenerbache job!!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #197: Jun 13, 2018 03:05:17 pm
      Someone on Twitter reckoning he's knocked us back and is taking the vacant Fenerbache job!!

Probably too ashamed to come back and bite the bullet, I would think. This rumor has been circling around since days ago with Damian Comolli being the sporting director there.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #198: Jun 13, 2018 03:13:31 pm
      Probably too ashamed to come back and bite the bullet, I would think. This rumor has been circling around since days ago with Damian Comolli being the sporting director there.

Well who could resist working with Damian Comolli!! Seriously how on earth is that fuckwit still getting work??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #199: Jun 13, 2018 03:33:53 pm
      Well who could resist working with Damian Comolli!! Seriously how on earth is that fuckwit still getting work??

That'll be the fuckwit that signed Suarez for Liverpool and Bale for Tottenham?

That'll be why he still gets work lad!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #200: Jun 13, 2018 04:36:33 pm
      Pep just signed with us last week, he's not going to Turkey.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 39,947 posts | 8458 
      Reply #201: Jun 15, 2018 09:14:48 pm
      Seems Twitter was wrong as per usual, Buvac not getting the Fenerbache job as they given it to Philip Cocu instead!!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #202: Jul 07, 2018 10:48:14 pm
      So what has happened to Buvac ?

........................ ......

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/983039/Liverpool-news-Zeljko-Buvac-mystery-Jürgen-Klopp-training-preseason-Pep-Lijnders

Liverpool news: Zeljko Buvac mystery increases after new development

LIVERPOOL assistant manager Zeljko Buvac appears to be leaving the club for good after failing to turn up at pre-season training on Monday.
      By Aaron Stokes
      PUBLISHED: 09:45, Tue, Jul 3, 2018 | UPDATED: 09:51, Tue, Jul 3, 2018

Jürgen Klopp's right-hand man has been spending some time away from the Reds for 'personal reasons' in recent months.

Buvac left Merseyside just three days before the club's Champions League semi-final against Roma back in April.

And many reports at the time suggested Klopp and his confidant had fallen out.

However, Liverpool were quick to dismiss these claims.

But now, Buvac's future at the club has been thrown into doubt after the Serb failed to show up for pre-season training on Monday.

Pep Lijnders, who left his role as Liverpool development coach to become manager of NEC Nijmegen in January, has returned to the club after being dismissed by the Dutch side.

The 35-year-old is expected to be offered the role as assistant manager, casting even more doubt over whether Buvac will ever return to the club.

The former Mainz and Borussia Dortmund No 2 is still employed by the club, who have not released any new details over his current situation.

Klopp and Buvac have worked together for 17 years, regularly clashing heads and falling out.

Liverpool players who are not at the World Cup returned to Melwood on Monday to begin preparations for the Premier League season.

heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #203: Jul 08, 2018 12:38:04 am
      That'll be the fuckwit that signed Suarez for Liverpool and Bale for Tottenham?

That'll be why he still gets work lad!!

And how about Carroll, Downing, Coates, Enrique and Charlie F***ing Adams!
      So yes he is a fuckwit but even a fuckwit occasionally picks a good signing, but more by luck than skill.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #204: Jul 08, 2018 12:40:41 am
      And how about Carroll, Downing, Coates, Enrique and Charlie f**king Adams!
      So yes he is a fuckwit but even a fuckwit occasionally picks a good signing, but more by luck than skill.

Won us a Cup...under the King & last manager & players to do so..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #205: Jul 08, 2018 12:44:50 am
      Won us a Cup...under the King & last manager & players to do so..

And yet he got sacked, from multiple clubs, just an unlucky b***ard I guess
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #206: Jul 08, 2018 12:56:30 am
      And yet he got sacked, from multiple clubs, just an unlucky b***ard I guess

I refer you to my earlier post.. You carry on & knock yourself out slagging them off & Comolli..

Quick Reply