Trending Topics

Next match: Chester v LFC [Friendly] Sat 7th Jul @ 3:00 pm
      Swansay Chester Stadium

Today is the 25th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Buvac stepping down?

Read 6320 times
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 183 
      • do do do
      Re: Buvac stepping down?
      Reply #180: May 15, 2018 12:43:50 am
      getting an approach from Arsenal makes the most sense and is the least "conspiracy theory" sounding. hopefully the men have it out properly and reunite stronger, rather than fall out completely.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,414 posts | 374 
      Reply #181: May 15, 2018 08:51:00 pm
       Buvac getting an approach from Arsenal seems to have been his undoing. Probably won’t get back with Klopp after betraying him like he did, and of all the coaches being listed to take over at Arse, Buvac hasn’t really had a mention has he !
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #182: May 15, 2018 10:10:59 pm
      Buvac getting an approach from Arsenal seems to have been his undoing. Probably won’t get back with Klopp after betraying him like he did, and of all the coaches being listed to take over at Arse, Buvac hasn’t really had a mention has he !

I have no doubt it was probably an attempt to try and derail our season because they were never going to get past Atletico Madrid, knew they'd go out with their tail between their legs, maybe hoping we'd do the same against Roma, take some of the attention off Arsenal.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,253 posts | 36 
      Reply #183: May 15, 2018 11:10:36 pm
      Can you try to get the 18/19 transfer list of the players we are interested? :)

Unfortunately not, but I assure you ill keep my ear to the ground, watch this space!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      Reply #184: May 15, 2018 11:36:23 pm
      I have not posted on the forum for many years, and for many reasons. The main reason I came back on was to see what was posted on the Buvac subject. I live in Liverpool and also have a neighbour and friend that is very close to a player at the club. I'm not for one moment an "ITK" although that said this person says very little, but when he does, historically its been highly accurate?

I like many other reds was trawling the media when the story broke for any creditable scraps of information. I discovered a jurno from Banja Luca who said it was because his father was gravely ill? Creditable, I thought so?

My neighbour had just returned from the Roma leg, and I bumped into him in the carpark of our building. I ask him what the trip was like etc. and the subject strayed to Buvac and I relayed my "theory" such that it was to him.

He put me straight immediately, and the reason appears extremely creditable. Buvac was contacted by Sven Mislintat from Arsenal,  all three worked together at Dortmund. Buvac didn't tell Klopp about the approach, Klopp found out via the back door about the approach, all hell broke loose.

At some point John Henry became involved, Buvac is placed on "gardening leave" and the players were informed by Klopp after Sunday training a day or so after he departed.

Remember when we were meant to sign Bony, and all the speculation as to why we never signed him. Well this neighbour who divulged the above information got it spot on, which history later confirmed. There where many rumours in the press a country mile of the mark, he nailed the real reason 100% accurately.

Make of it what you will!

Just seen this post, good to have you back!

Just a thought about the bit I've highlighted, I'm not saying your making it up so don't get me wrong. But, for me, as a business owner myself, I've never actually put anyone on "gardening leave", I've had to sack a couple off, but I haven't and would never tell any of the other members of my staff the reason why. Basically, I'm not sure Klopp would have actually told the players the reason why Buvac is not around. I get the feeling your neighbour could just be stating the most credible reason we've all read so far.
      neilh2105
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,253 posts | 36 
      Reply #185: May 17, 2018 09:17:59 am

Just a thought about the bit I've highlighted, I'm not saying your making it up so don't get me wrong. But, for me, as a business owner myself, I've never actually put anyone on "gardening leave", I've had to sack a couple off, but I haven't and would never tell any of the other members of my staff the reason why. Basically, I'm not sure Klopp would have actually told the players the reason why Buvac is not around. I get the feeling your neighbour could just be stating the most credible reason we've all read so far.

I to have my own business and comparing my approach to H.R. to LFC's approach to staff employment and contractual matters are separated by a massive delta.

When LFC places a contracted member of staff on "gardening Leave" they have many aspects to consider:-

Timing (crucial strategically at the moment)

Forthcoming final

Media (fake news, speculation etc.)

Contract ( Gagging clauses, financial severance etc. etc…….)

Often a period of enforced agreed leave is the best option, it could be viewed as a cooling of period, for a more timely and strategic approach to making it formal (end of season proper)

As for informing the playing staff I would imagine that the last thing that Klopp and the club would want to engender would be Chinese whispering campaign in the dressing room. Also bear-in-mind, Buvac was in one to one contact with the players on a daily basis, therefore I would guess "bullshiting" and smoke screens was not an option.
      If I was JH, which of course I'm not! This would certainly been best option, at least in the short term, to handling this potentially de-railing debacle.

As I ended in my original post. Make of it what you will.

Ribapuru

• 8,049 posts | 734 
      Reply #186: May 17, 2018 10:02:09 am

They would have to tell the players to reduce the distraction. Who better than Klopp?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,055 posts | 1345 
      Reply #187: May 17, 2018 10:05:36 am
      They would have to tell the players to reduce the distraction. Who better than Klopp?

I'd very very much doubt that he's told them any details on why he's not there
      Or if ultimately they care
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      Reply #188: May 17, 2018 10:07:02 am
      Pep Lijnders has left NEC, perhaps a return to the club as a replacement for Buvac?
      heimdall

• 5,779 posts | 962 
      Reply #189: May 17, 2018 10:15:22 am
      Pep Lijnders has left NEC, perhaps a return to the club as a replacement for Buvac?

What is NEC?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      Reply #190: May 17, 2018 10:17:05 am

Nijmegen Eendracht Combinatie. Dutch team. Did you not know he went there?
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,055 posts | 1345 
      Reply #191: May 17, 2018 10:17:06 am

The Dutch football club Pep Lijnders went to manage
      PurpleMonkey

• 7,330 posts | 909 
      Reply #192: May 17, 2018 11:57:09 am

Surprised he left them, heard he was doing well there? And looking at the league table, he finished 3rd. But if Buvac doesn't return, I would love to see Lijnders back.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      Reply #193: May 17, 2018 12:05:28 pm
      Surprised he left them, heard he was doing well there? And looking at the league table, he finished 3rd. But if Buvac doesn't return, I would love to see Lijnders back.

Basically sacked because they missed out on promotion.
      heimdall

• 5,779 posts | 962 
      Reply #194: May 17, 2018 12:10:16 pm
      Nijmegen Eendracht Combinatie. Dutch team. Did you not know he went there?

Now you mention it it rings a bell.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,287 posts | 413 
      Reply #195: May 17, 2018 02:38:39 pm
      Basically sacked because they missed out on promotion.

Klopp had begun including him in the inner circle along with Zeljko and Peter, so returning is a  possibility.
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 20,572 posts | 1810 
      Reply #196: May 17, 2018 03:10:17 pm
      Pep,Beale & Buvac all left Klopp, that's a fair drain of talent for a coach to loose & still have his team challenge for a CL final & league top 4 spots...

I know they have been together for 17 years and the Boss refers to Buvac as the brains but I think Klopp gives far too much credit to. Buvac for Klopp's success..
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,890 posts | 2230 
      Reply #197: May 17, 2018 03:42:23 pm
      Klopp had begun including him in the inner circle along with Zeljko and Peter, so returning is a  possibility.

Agreed, I wouldn’t be shocked in the slightest to see him announced as Klopps new assistant. I think if Buvac was coming back then he would have done for the final.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,928 posts | 3036 
      Reply #198: Jun 13, 2018 02:41:24 pm
      Someone on Twitter reckoning he's knocked us back and is taking the vacant Fenerbache job!!
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 727 posts | -3 
      Reply #199: Jun 13, 2018 03:05:17 pm
      Someone on Twitter reckoning he's knocked us back and is taking the vacant Fenerbache job!!

Probably too ashamed to come back and bite the bullet, I would think. This rumor has been circling around since days ago with Damian Comolli being the sporting director there.
      heimdall

• 5,779 posts | 962 
      Reply #200: Jun 13, 2018 03:13:31 pm
      Probably too ashamed to come back and bite the bullet, I would think. This rumor has been circling around since days ago with Damian Comolli being the sporting director there.

Well who could resist working with Damian Comolli!! Seriously how on earth is that fuckwit still getting work??
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,928 posts | 3036 
      Reply #201: Jun 13, 2018 03:33:53 pm
      Well who could resist working with Damian Comolli!! Seriously how on earth is that fuckwit still getting work??

That'll be the fuckwit that signed Suarez for Liverpool and Bale for Tottenham?

That'll be why he still gets work lad!!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,287 posts | 413 
      Reply #202: Jun 13, 2018 04:36:33 pm
      Pep just signed with us last week, he's not going to Turkey.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 27,928 posts | 3036 
      Reply #203: Jun 15, 2018 09:14:48 pm
      Seems Twitter was wrong as per usual, Buvac not getting the Fenerbache job as they given it to Philip Cocu instead!!

Quick Reply