Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Gerrard new Rangers manager. (Edited)

Read 22395 times
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Re: Gerrard linked with Rangers job
      Reply #23: Apr 29, 2018 12:04:06 am
      So if he was to do a bad job at Rangers, in a Mickey Mouse league, you’d be comfortable with him taking over from Klopp? I wouldn’t. People have even said before they don’t see him as management material for us and a bad time at Rangers isnt going to help that is it.

Would prefer him to work his way up but he could do well at rangers and flop somewhere else so perhaps he sees it as a free hit.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #24: Apr 29, 2018 12:06:10 am
      Nothing but all to lose for Gerrard if he takes up this offer.

Rangers are in no position to compete with Celtic and anything less will be seen as a failure by their fans.

Although no idea why Gerrard is being considered. Has he shown something as a U18 coach that I have missed?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #25: Apr 29, 2018 12:08:35 am
      Nothing but all to lose for Gerrard if he takes up this offer.

Rangers are in no position to compete with Celtic and anything less will be seen as a failure by their fans.

Although no idea why Gerrard is being considered. Has he shown something as a U18 coach that I have missed?

Actually feel sorry for graeme murty, undermined by the owner and doesn't appear to have been advised about his future while rangers go around flashing their knickers at stevie
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #26: Apr 29, 2018 12:15:13 am
      Don't really get this one, best he can hope for is to maybe win a Cup there?

Would have been much better off going to a Championship/League One side where there's greater scope for progression.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #27: Apr 29, 2018 12:46:57 am

They want him because of who he is, using him to try and boost the profile of the club I expect.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #28: Apr 29, 2018 12:50:16 am
      They want him because of who he is, using him to try and boost the profile of the club I expect.

Yeah, also players would get a huge lift playing for a legend.

Quite excited for this and can't wait to see what type of football we'll see under Gerrard.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #29: Apr 29, 2018 11:35:12 am
      Really hope he doesn’t do it.

There are far too many unsavoury elements attached to them at all levels.........and a lot of decent fans who unfortunately get drowned out.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #30: Apr 29, 2018 01:03:37 pm
      Looking at Rangers give it a steer Stevie.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #32: Apr 29, 2018 01:21:59 pm
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #33: Apr 29, 2018 01:31:37 pm
      If I remember correctly from the f-in-law 7 is the magic number........

So predictable though, owner undermines stand in coach who falls out with players who argue amongst themselves and you wonder why things go wrong. Owner undermined warburton by criticising his signings and warburton fu**ed off at the first chance, let old pedro sign a few and binned him off and appointed the under 20 coach
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #34: Apr 29, 2018 01:38:43 pm
      So predictable though, owner undermines stand in coach who falls out with players who argue amongst themselves and you wonder why things go wrong. Owner undermined warburton by criticising his signings and warburton fu**ed off at the first chance, let old pedro sign a few and binned him off and appointed the under 20 coach

Precisely.......hence my use of term “basket case club” :)

Stevie doesn’t need any of this.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      Reply #35: Apr 29, 2018 02:02:51 pm
      Heard someone suggest sunderland for stevie, if anything it's even worse
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #36: Apr 29, 2018 03:05:54 pm
      Stay clear Stevie lad..

Well done Celtic .... Thumping the old foe..
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #37: Apr 29, 2018 06:49:29 pm
      Yeah, also players would get a huge lift playing for a legend.

Quite excited for this and can't wait to see what type of football we'll see under Gerrard.

Will be very difficult to stamp a style of play on Rangers I think.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38: Apr 29, 2018 06:51:51 pm
      Yeah and kenny miller seems to be a sh*t stirrer as well, been banned by two managers but seems to come back like an unflushable turd.

Unflushable turd. As accurate a description of Miller as I've read!
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #39: Apr 29, 2018 10:08:00 pm
      Ah, the old unflushable turd, more commonly known in these parts as the 'wedger'. No matter how many times you flush the c**t it will not budge. I find that three or four kettles of boiling water will usually break the wedger down and allow the u-bend to become free of the offending matter.

Kettles for Miller???????

Anyway, i digress. If Stevie wants to go then let him go. He'll obviously discuss this at length with his family and also Klopp and the Club. He won't make a rash decision. If Klopp feels it is good for him he will tell him so. It most certainly won't affect his future prospects at Liverpool either way.

The thing about Stevie is this, he f**king loves a challenge. The bigger the challenge the more he will relish it and this challenge is massive.

An arse clown could win that League with Celtic, it is a joke of a League but maybe, just maybe, Gerrard feels he could turn Rangers around, maybe he won't.

Whatever he decides he will have the full backing of the Club and us.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #40: Apr 29, 2018 10:37:48 pm
      Ah, the old unflushable turd, more commonly known in these parts as the 'wedger'. No matter how many times you flush the c**t it will not budge. I find that three or four kettles of boiling water will usually break the wedger down and allow the u-bend to become free of the offending matter.

Kettles for Miller???????

Anyway, i digress. If Stevie wants to go then let him go. He'll obviously discuss this at length with his family and also Klopp and the Club. He won't make a rash decision. If Klopp feels it is good for him he will tell him so. It most certainly won't affect his future prospects at Liverpool either way.

The thing about Stevie is this, he f**king loves a challenge. The bigger the challenge the more he will relish it and this challenge is massive.

An arse clown could win that League with Celtic, it is a joke of a League but maybe, just maybe, Gerrard feels he could turn Rangers around, maybe he won't.

Whatever he decides he will have the full backing of the Club and us.

Stevie will have Gary Macallister as his sidekick.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #41: Apr 30, 2018 10:46:38 am
      Think this would be a mistake for Gerrard.  Not even like he's got a fighting chance the way it works up there.

Best he can hope to attract up there is some of his ex-playing partners pushing 40. 

And more importantly I think it would probably disrupt Liverpool's Academy setup because no doubt he would likely take some of his mates with him.

Plus he'd have to change his ringtone from YNWA.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #42: Apr 30, 2018 10:49:10 am
      Take yesterday's result as an omen & steer well clear, don't listen to shearer..
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #43: Apr 30, 2018 10:56:45 am
      Think this would be a mistake for Gerrard.  Not even like he's got a fighting chance the way it works up there.

Best he can hope to attract up there is some of his ex-playing partners pushing 40. 

And more importantly I think it would probably disrupt Liverpool's Academy setup because no doubt he would likely take some of his mates with him.

Plus he'd have to change his ringtone from YNWA.

I think it is a bit early for Stevie to take on a managers job at Rangers.When Kenny took over at Liverpool he was lucky to have Bob Paisley to guide him and Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans experience on the training side.By all accounts he will have Gary Mac with him at Rangers but will Gary be enough  to help Stevie in the role of manager.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #44: Apr 30, 2018 09:38:46 pm
      I think it is a bit early for Stevie to take on a managers job at Rangers.When Kenny took over at Liverpool he was lucky to have Bob Paisley to guide him and Ronnie Moran and Roy Evans experience on the training side.By all accounts he will have Gary Mac with him at Rangers but will Gary be enough  to help Stevie in the role of manager.

For me, it is the wrong move. It will either break him or push him forward for his rest of his life as a manager. Do Rangers have the money to compete ???
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #45: Apr 30, 2018 10:12:54 pm
      In another time this would have been a great opportunity for Stevie but Rangers really are in a state. He won't be guaranteed funds to compete. If you lose one game against Celtic the fans will despair. If you draw or lose to someone like Hearts, then that's it - you're not good enough. There is no flexibility in time or other resources to succeed in that job and has turned out to be the most insufferable, suffocating position in British football. To be honest, if your name isn't Walter Smith then some Rangers fans don't want to know who you are which says a lot about how long they've been in the doldrums but also hints at a lack of realism that someone so out of date and from yesteryear is somehow the answer when he's not.

And that's not even considering the perspective when you look east across Glasgow. Celtic have won the league this season whilst barely reaching their full capabilities, in fact given the standards they set last season I'd say they've been fairly average. According to Graham Souness they rake in three times as much revenue as Rangers. This year it's fair to say they've operated at a level of only 5 to 6/10. If they notched those performance levels up a little next season they'd win again and again for the next three years at least and probably with greater comfort than this season.

Quick Reply