Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 30th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W15 D5 L6

Gerrard new Rangers manager. (Edited)

Read 22514 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Gerrard new Rangers manager. (Edited)
      Apr 25, 2018 10:23:15 pm
      So apparently Stevie has been made odds on favourite to become the next Rangers manager after their chairman Dave King was spotted in the directors box alongside Kenny, Rush and Houllier.
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2018 07:57:56 am by RedPuppy »
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Gerrard linked with Rangers job
      Reply #1: Apr 25, 2018 10:27:04 pm
      So apparently Stevie has been made odds on favourite to become the next Rangers manager after their chairman Dave King was spotted in the directors box alongside Kenny, Rush and Houllier.

Was set for Ipswich last week. Personally think he will stay with us in a view to take over from Klopp one day.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #2: Apr 26, 2018 09:37:47 am
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #3: Apr 26, 2018 11:56:01 am
      Was set for Ipswich last week. Personally think he will stay with us in a view to take over from Klopp one day.

I hope so. I think he's got a lot more to offer the youth setup here and I still believe a couple more years under Klopp's tutelage will make him even better than if he went off and managed in the SPL. You can't put a price on being a coach under JĆ¼rgen Klopp.
      « Last Edit: Apr 26, 2018 12:01:50 pm by Frankly, Mr Shankly »
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #4: Apr 26, 2018 12:09:54 pm

I honestly canā€™t think of a single reason why heā€™d work at Rangers just now.

Theyā€™re an absolute basket case of a club.

His home is here.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #5: Apr 26, 2018 12:20:55 pm
      Rangers is a great club but badly run and with the lack of stability behind the scenes he would be on a hiding to nothing
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,462 posts | 4591 
      Reply #6: Apr 26, 2018 12:22:01 pm
      Rangers is a great club but badly run and with the lack of stability behind the scenes he would be on a hiding to nothing

Mike Ashley to deal with too...F**k that, stay here lad.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #7: Apr 26, 2018 12:38:14 pm
      I honestly canā€™t think of a single reason why heā€™d work at Rangers just now.

Theyā€™re an absolute basket case of a club.

His home is here.

Absolutely. Polluted with unsavoury characters on and off the field. For instance, I still find it unbelievable that a club that 'aspires' like they do continues to tolerate Kenny Miller as a viable striker. He's always been f**king sh*t and yet even a decade and more after everyone realised he's still sh*t. He's a complete sh*t house rat and it's only attracted other sh*t house rats like Lee McCulloch and even more laughably Joey Barton (which ended in hilariously embarrassing circumstances for him). That's how bad Rangers are in recent years - an absolute cess pit full of Britain's worst human beings it seems.

As much as they are disliked I do agree that they are a massive club with great history with one of the finest stadiums in Europe. I have great memories of watching them and O Neil's Celtic growing up back at the start of this century. It was absolutely vibrant and aside from Arsenal v Man Utd back in those days, it was the must see game of British football. But all that counts for nothing these days when you look at how they've gone about their business in recent years and how the Old Firm rivalry has become a non starter as a contest.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #8: Apr 27, 2018 01:58:19 am
      https://twitter.com/Bruce_Archer89/status/989621643394928642?s=19

Not sure who the guy saying this is or about his credibility but ay
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #9: Apr 27, 2018 06:53:43 am

My good mate - lad who works for me - is a season ticket holder and even he says Stevieā€™s too good for them.

Large chunks of their fan-base have regressed into the sanctuary of bigotry since their ā€œre-birthā€ and the ā€œclubā€ (and various individuals attached to it) have pandered to it.

The all orange 3rd kit next year is shamelessly aimed at that market. 

I really wish heā€™d steer clear.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #10: Apr 27, 2018 07:53:45 am
      Absolutely. Polluted with unsavoury characters on and off the field. For instance, I still find it unbelievable that a club that 'aspires' like they do continues to tolerate Kenny Miller as a viable striker. He's always been f**king sh*t and yet even a decade and more after everyone realised he's still sh*t. He's a complete sh*t house rat and it's only attracted other sh*t house rats like Lee McCulloch and even more laughably Joey Barton (which ended in hilariously embarrassing circumstances for him). That's how bad Rangers are in recent years - an absolute cess pit full of Britain's worst human beings it seems.

As much as they are disliked I do agree that they are a massive club with great history with one of the finest stadiums in Europe. I have great memories of watching them and O Neil's Celtic growing up back at the start of this century. It was absolutely vibrant and aside from Arsenal v Man Utd back in those days, it was the must see game of British football. But all that counts for nothing these days when you look at how they've gone about their business in recent years and how the Old Firm rivalry has become a non starter as a contest.

Yeah and kenny miller seems to be a sh*t stirrer as well, been banned by two managers but seems to come back like an unflushable turd.
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #11: Apr 27, 2018 08:52:12 am
      F**k Rangers! Don't do it Stevie. Wait for a proper club in Scotland.... Like Celtic  :666:
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #12: Apr 27, 2018 11:45:25 am
      Hes got to be careful and wait for the right club. All he can do at Rangers is finish second, there's no hope of better really.

I really think he should hold fire on this one. Celtic was a good club for Brendan with winning the title a guarantee giving him the conditions where he could mold his team to his vision. Rangers seems a bad choice for Stevie. They'll be deaperately scrapping for points from the beginning and their will be unrealistic pressure to challenge Celtic from the media and their fans.

7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #13: Apr 27, 2018 12:09:48 pm
      Goes to Rangers and he hampers his chances of ever taking over from Klopp IMO. Could be very damaging going there, especially when itā€™s so heavily dominated by Celtic.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #14: Apr 27, 2018 12:18:51 pm
      Goes to Rangers and he hampers his chances of ever taking over from Klopp IMO. Could be very damaging going there, especially when itā€™s so heavily dominated by Celtic.

Don't see affecting the chances here at all
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #15: Apr 27, 2018 01:07:19 pm
      Don't see affecting the chances here at all

So if he was to do a bad job at Rangers, in a Mickey Mouse league, youā€™d be comfortable with him taking over from Klopp? I wouldnā€™t. People have even said before they donā€™t see him as management material for us and a bad time at Rangers isnt going to help that is it.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #16: Apr 27, 2018 01:11:16 pm
      So if he was to do a bad job at Rangers, in a Mickey Mouse league, youā€™d be comfortable with him taking over from Klopp? I wouldnā€™t. People have even said before they donā€™t see him as management material for us and a bad time at Rangers isnt going to help that is it.

In fairness, and I really donā€™t wanna see him at Rangers, if he does a bad job anywhere I donā€™t want him taking over from Klopp.

Heā€™d need to be a magician to overhaul Celtic so I donā€™t think itā€™s about ā€œwinningā€ things.

The real question is whether heā€™ll learn transferable skills at Rangers and my honest view is NO, not right now with the state theyā€™re in.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17: Apr 27, 2018 01:30:42 pm
      In fairness, and I really donā€™t wanna see him at Rangers, if he does a bad job anywhere I donā€™t want him taking over from Klopp.

Heā€™d need to be a magician to overhaul Celtic so I donā€™t think itā€™s about ā€œwinningā€ things.

The real question is whether heā€™ll learn transferable skills at Rangers and my honest view is NO, not right now with the state theyā€™re in.

Unless there is a massive turn of events, Celtic will probably win the league for the next 5 years at least.

Gerrard would have been better off going to Ipswich if anywhere, an English league team. But in general, the route heā€™s currently on would have been ideal to eventually get on to the 1st team coaching staff and look to take it from there one day. Heā€™d learn a lot more and develop much more that way. This way just smacks of desperation to get into 1st team management...IMO.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,975 posts | 3058 
      Reply #18: Apr 27, 2018 01:43:06 pm
      Unless there is a massive turn of events, Celtic will probably win the league for the next 5 years at least.

Gerrard would have been better off going to Ipswich if anywhere, an English league team. But in general, the route heā€™s currently on would have been ideal to eventually get on to the 1st team coaching staff and look to take it from there one day. Heā€™d learn a lot more and develop much more that way. This way just smacks of desperation to get into 1st team management...IMO.

I think heā€™d be better at a club that is stable and doesnā€™t have the baggage........if heā€™s leaving. Iā€™m not fussed what country that is.

Personally I like the idea of progression through the ranks......Iā€™m just not sure how practical it really is nowadays.

Time will tell.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #19: Apr 27, 2018 10:44:17 pm
      I donā€™t see Klopp staying at Anfield beyond 5 more years.
      He has already stated he isnā€™t one to stay for a long time at a club.
      Not remotely being dismissive or disrespectful just believe that he will move on within 5 years.
      Gerrard is having the best schooling possible at the moment but he will need to stretch his wings eventually and show his capabilities if he is ever to get the opportunity to take over from JĆ¼rgen
      I just donā€™t feel rangers is the right club
      Too much drama with that club
      Feel a sleeping giant in the championship in a years time would be a better bet.
      One with a healthy respect for managers to learn their trade and some money to back it up.
      Then, if he is worthy of the opportunity, I am sure that our owners would come a calling in a few years time.
      Rangers seem like a massive risk to me....look what Celtic did to Johnny Barnes. Not says my he would have been a huge success but the odds were staked against him even with King Kenny there to guide him.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #20: Apr 28, 2018 11:42:05 pm
      Rangers? Seriously?
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,439 posts | 3422 
      Reply #21: Apr 28, 2018 11:55:14 pm
      Hope he gets backing from a clueless owner and  director of football and is allowed to bring his own guys, one thing he won't get is time
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #22: Apr 29, 2018 12:00:54 am
      Guess I will be watching Scottish football next season :(

Quick Reply