Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Tue 16th Jun @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 2nd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P4 W3 D0 L1

News Stories May 2018

Read 688 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,501 posts | 611 
      Re: News Stories May 2018
      Reply #25: May 15, 2018 04:04:58 pm
      I think he does, not for this but for bringing North Korea to the negotiation table something the great Obama utterly failed to do.
      The Iran deal was a crap deal because it allowed Iran much needed funds to start restocking and rearming their conventional armed forces and to start agitating in the region again.

This embassy move has been a US promise for a long time, its something Obama refused to commit to.

What has other arab countries have to do with what happened yesterday?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #26: May 15, 2018 07:47:04 pm
      Fracking mogul is UK's richest man
      A billionaire who tried to axe worker's tea breaks and froze pay for 3 years has been named the UK's richest man topping the rich list with a wealth of £21.05bn.
      Jim Ratcliffe 65 made his cash as boss of Ineos one of the UK's biggest fracking firms, his success follows a bitter fight with his workers at his Scottish petrochemical plant in 2016.
      Following a 3 year pay freeze Ratcliffe planned to axe a 10am tea break but following a pay dispute 800 workers had to accept a survival plan or face the prospect of losing their jobs.

The Tory's manical haste to impose fracking on the nation is no doubt connected with Ratcliffe lobbying the former Chancellor George Osborne to attack unions, cut the firm's taxes and support fracking, measures on a wider scale that are without doubt instrumental in Ratcliffe's obscene wealth.   

https://www.commonspace.scot/tags/jim-ratcliffe#
      althebest1
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,075 posts | 387 
      Reply #27: May 16, 2018 04:47:11 pm
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #28: May 17, 2018 06:48:32 am
      We all getting these halfy-half scarves for the wedding?

Please tell me that this is made up?

This can't be true it's shocking if it is!
      heimdall
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,862 posts | 2284 
      Reply #29: May 17, 2018 08:04:58 am
      Not just Obama but all Presidents...like I said, Trump is compromised! Israel has a stranglehold on the USA & majority of its representatives as with Britain.

The other ME countries don't f**king boast that they are beacon of democracy in that region, Israel does...Zionism needs eradicating from British politics..

I agree that Israel is far r from perfect but when as a ntion and a people you are constantly under attack then its somewhat understandable that you tend to overreact. The entire middle east region is a clusterfuck and I can't see any solution to it, I simply cannot see the Arabs and Persians ever accepting Israel nor the Jews ever abandoning Israel so its stalemate forever and war forever, very depressing.
      As for Western influence in Israel, or Zionism, it is again completely understandable. The Jews are a very clever bunch of people and tend to rise high into positions of great power in most Western countries, from these positions of power in media, banking and politics its very easy to shape foreign policy in their direction. By the way that is not meant as a slur of any kind but as a compliment. The other side to that is that its in the West's, certainly US and UK, interest to have a strong presence in the Middle east region and Israel is a very strong ally and friend to have.

The summary is that there is no way the other middle east regions can do anything about Israel so they should realise this and try to reach as good a compromise as possible so they can all live in peace but sadly I doubt this will ever happen.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #30: May 17, 2018 03:29:49 pm
      Please tell me that this is made up?

This can't be true it's shocking if it is!

Probably worn by these types in the pics :laugh:

https://twitter.com/gavmacn/status/996810904963616768
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #31: May 17, 2018 04:59:39 pm
      I agree that Israel is far r from perfect but when as a ntion and a people you are constantly under attack then its somewhat understandable that you tend to overreact. The entire middle east region is a clusterfuck and I can't see any solution to it, I simply cannot see the Arabs and Persians ever accepting Israel nor the Jews ever abandoning Israel so its stalemate forever and war forever, very depressing.
      As for Western influence in Israel, or Zionism, it is again completely understandable. The Jews are a very clever bunch of people and tend to rise high into positions of great power in most Western countries, from these positions of power in media, banking and politics its very easy to shape foreign policy in their direction. By the way that is not meant as a slur of any kind but as a compliment. The other side to that is that its in the West's, certainly US and UK, interest to have a strong presence in the Middle east region and Israel is a very strong ally and friend to have.

The summary is that there is no way the other middle east regions can do anything about Israel so they should realise this and try to reach as good a compromise as possible so they can all live in peace but sadly I doubt this will ever happen.

Israel is the occupier,it occupies Palestine,occupies the Golan Heights,attacks Syrian Armyies who are defeating ISIS, constantly violates Lebanaon & operates in the Sina,so they are the bullies of the region and only are so with the blessing of the USA..

On recognising Israel, have you not read or heard the Gulf Monarchies coming out in support of Isarel and recocognising it as a State?..The Iranians (Persians) have the largest concentration of Jews outside of Israel, I've not seen or read how Jews in Iran feel threatened living in a Muslim country where they enjoy equal rights as citizens..Jews are not called on for abandoning their state, what they being called out for is to allow a Palestinian State side by side,without any Air,Land or Sea blockade, allow Palestine to thrive as a powerful economy which it will given the chance.

Isarel needs to stop its violation of Christian & Muslim holy sites, It needs to allow free access to 'All' Palestinains access to the Al Aqsa Mosque, not just a certain number above the age of 45..

As for you observations on Jews being clever & working their way to the top of organisations in the West could be seen as views that reinforces the old Anti Semitic propaganda that's spouted by Nazis & Facist..I agree though that the Jewish control over media,banking,entertainment,sport is disproportionate, our politicians also have seem to be bought by the Jewish money influence,ie; The Israeli embassy offered £1 million to undermine Jeremy Corbyn & anyone who speaks out against the policies & violations of the Israelis government...

Labour & Conservative Friends of Isarel need investigating, Just like AIPAC in the States, they have leavearage over of politicians..

Finally, this is where I'm at with the whole cluster f**k that region is..

Israel has a choice to make, it either accepts Palestine as a Secular Insependent State next door or become a apartheid racist state (already is) exclusively to Jews only in which the Christian & Muslim Arab/African are treated as second class citizens with next to no rights...

I hope we see a single secular state wether it be Israel or Palestine, free democratic elections in which any person of faith & non, Arab,Jew could lead the country... Won't happen..just as Yhitzak Rabin.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #32: May 18, 2018 04:36:04 pm
      22nd School shooting in America this year!

Santa Fe High School: 'Eight fatalities' reported in shooting

Up to eight people have been reported dead in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

One person is in custody after the attack at Santa Fe High School, which is about 40 miles (65km) south of Houston, according to school officials.

The school district has confirmed people were injured in an "active shooter" incident as classes began.

It is unclear if the attacker was a student. Police have not yet confirmed any fatalities.

The sheriff of Harris County, the largest county in Texas, tweeted that his officers were responding to a "multiple-casualty incident".

Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted that one person was in custody and "a second one detained".

"An injured police officer is being treated, the extent of his injuries are unknown," he wrote.

Several students described hearing a fire alarm go off shortly before 08:00 local time. It is not clear how the alarm was activated.

One witness told KTRK-TV the shooting happened in her art class, and that one person shot was a girl.

"There was someone that walked in with a shotgun and started shooting," the student said, "and this girl got shot in the leg."

She said that she did not get a look at the shooter, because she ran to hide.

One 10th grader told networks she had an asthma attack while hiding in the woods.

News helicopters filmed students emptying their backpacks in front of armed officers in a field outside the school.

A bomb squad is currently on scene, and several helicopter ambulances have flown victims to a nearby hospital.

Federal officials with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) are helping the investigation.

President Donald Trump tweeted: "School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!"

First Lady Melania Trump tweeted from her hospital bed: "My heart goes out of Santa Fe and all of Texas today."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44173954
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #33: May 18, 2018 05:15:07 pm
      I imagine this would be like a scene from Police Academy!!

https://twitter.com/SkyNewsBreak/status/997495884647673857
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #34: May 18, 2018 05:57:45 pm
      22nd School shooting in America this year!

Santa Fe High School: 'Eight fatalities' reported in shooting

Up to eight people have been reported dead in a shooting at a Texas high school, which is on lockdown.

One person is in custody after the attack at Santa Fe High School, which is about 40 miles (65km) south of Houston, according to school officials.

The school district has confirmed people were injured in an "active shooter" incident as classes began.

It is unclear if the attacker was a student. Police have not yet confirmed any fatalities.

The sheriff of Harris County, the largest county in Texas, tweeted that his officers were responding to a "multiple-casualty incident".

Sheriff Ed Gonzalez tweeted that one person was in custody and "a second one detained".

"An injured police officer is being treated, the extent of his injuries are unknown," he wrote.

Several students described hearing a fire alarm go off shortly before 08:00 local time. It is not clear how the alarm was activated.

One witness told KTRK-TV the shooting happened in her art class, and that one person shot was a girl.

"There was someone that walked in with a shotgun and started shooting," the student said, "and this girl got shot in the leg."

She said that she did not get a look at the shooter, because she ran to hide.

One 10th grader told networks she had an asthma attack while hiding in the woods.

News helicopters filmed students emptying their backpacks in front of armed officers in a field outside the school.

A bomb squad is currently on scene, and several helicopter ambulances have flown victims to a nearby hospital.

Federal officials with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) are helping the investigation.

President Donald Trump tweeted: "School shooting in Texas. Early reports not looking good. God bless all!"

First Lady Melania Trump tweeted from her hospital bed: "My heart goes out of Santa Fe and all of Texas today."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44173954

https://twitter.com/SantaFeISD/status/997518167428739072
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #35: May 18, 2018 06:10:57 pm
      Donald trump patronising tweet coming in 3.2.1..
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,501 posts | 611 
      Reply #36: May 18, 2018 06:16:30 pm

Lol, netanyahu doesn't want peace, he wants to establish a Jewish state and that's by driving off Palestinians from their lands by building settlements that are against international law.

Other ME nations can't do anything about it because they look after their own interest, which is understandable, especially gulf nations who have strong ties with the US. What's not understandable how Netanyahu and the state of Israel are getting away with murder and opinions worldwide are divided about it. There is clear apartheid, Palestinians driven off to become refugees and being blockaded by an aggressive military state that doesn't allow a race of people to have their basic rights.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #37: May 18, 2018 06:30:46 pm
      CNN Breaking News: Cuban domestic flight has crashed at airport in Havana
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,381 posts | 2163 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #38: May 18, 2018 07:24:00 pm
      My thoughts and prayers for the people of America for having a complete dickhead as a president
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #39: May 18, 2018 07:53:49 pm
      Trump will come out, condemn it... say a bunch of other stuff and then get back into NRA's pocket.
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #40: May 18, 2018 08:01:49 pm
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1370 
      Reply #41: May 18, 2018 08:09:08 pm
      I won't be going to America on holiday that is for sure. What Trump thinks he is gaining from NRA, is nothing compared to what will be lost due to the hit on Tourism. Gun ban is long overdue. This has got to be the final straw.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 30,523 posts | 4349 
      Reply #42: May 18, 2018 08:16:14 pm

Where do you start with that f**king idiot? Crass, insensitive and f**king ghoulish!!
      RedPuppy
      • WASH YOUR HANDS
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,902 posts | 2224 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #43: May 18, 2018 08:21:42 pm
      Where do you start with that f**king idiot? Crass, insensitive and f**king ghoulish!!

I'd start with sending him to school, quite clearly the lack of any education is an issue with these people.

Below is an astonishing insight into Texas gun laws.

https://twitter.com/EVRYBODYvsTRUMP/status/997553189619675137
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 28,389 posts | 4326 
      Reply #44: May 18, 2018 09:07:07 pm
      We all getting these halfy-half scarves for the wedding?

I have gone for the full tattoo one on each cheek facing each other
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #45: May 18, 2018 09:15:43 pm
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,557 posts | 393 
      Reply #46: May 19, 2018 06:54:09 am
      Trump will come out, condemn it... say a bunch of other stuff and then get back into NRA's pocket.

The same as every other President before him then?
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,752 posts | 3303 
      Reply #47: May 19, 2018 09:05:02 am

A good number in the US applaud the actions of this f**king idiot.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,203 posts | 330 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #48: May 19, 2018 02:01:04 pm
      I was watching the wedding... that had to be the first time EVER a black, Southern preacher gave a sermon in the Chapel at Windsor Castle. The best part was he absolutely crushed it. It was awesome and i am not religous at all. I was waiting for someone to stand and say "Hallelujah".
      Shabs
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 24,376 posts | 3274 
      Reply #49: May 19, 2018 03:02:32 pm
      Just saying I think the newlyweds absaloutley suit each other & I loved the ceremony..

Love all that pomp & stuff..

Quick Reply