Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35141 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #736: May 03, 2018 05:49:44 pm
      I’m already nervous for the final!!

Especially after reading this: https://amp.theguardian.com/football/blog/2018/may/03/real-madrid-liverpool-champions-league-final-chaos
      The Real Donavan Ried
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #737: May 03, 2018 06:32:36 pm
      Admittedly it was not here, but in a previous forum Klopp would get criticized for bringing his subs in too late. Klopp can't win when the internet warriors just simply know better, huh.

Well this old "Internet Warrior has never criticized Klopp for the timing of his substitutions, you simply have me mistaken with someone else... I have also defended Klopp and the Lack of options and quality on the bench... The point which I have raised here are my only real criticism of Klopp

When you have a 2-goal lead Klopp (any coach) has every right to take out a forward and put in an extra defender for the last few minutes of the game. A world-class strike from Nainggolan and a bullshit PK call does not change that fact.
      But not when it has cost us time and time again, Make a like for like substitution...Bournemou th 4-3, wee were leading 3-1 Klopp takes of and attack (Mane) and although not a defender (Lallana) we lose 4-3...

Bournemouth again last season 2-2... 2-1 up and bossing the game Joel Matip takes the place of Philippe Coutinho and we concede a goal...

Savilla17/18,3-3, 3-2 up and a ...

Chelsea 17/18 1-0 up. midfielder for a striker and Chelsea makes it 1-1

Watford 17/18 3-3... 3-2 up and again and midfielder for an attacker, Salah makes way for Milner. and Watford scores

And West Brom 17/18 2-1 up we take off Salah and bring on Lovren

Salah has started 54 games this season (across all comps) compared to 33 last year and 38 the year before. Mane has started 45, compared to 31 last year and 33 the year before. In your game console that may not make a difference, but in reality those are a lot of minutes on those legs and Klopp realizes the job is not done and we need them ready to battle on Sunday and needs to get them every minute of rest he sensibly can.
      No one is not saying that players need the rest, they get tied, but FFS replace like for like... You have Ings and Solanke on the bench, so even if the are not doing that well they are still Strikers F***ing use them... By not using then you are allowing one or two of their back four to get in on the attack...

What so hard to understand..?? Or maybe things work different when you use the cheats on your games console..?
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #738: May 03, 2018 06:50:33 pm
      If we can keep Marcelo, Ronald, Modric out of the game, we have a very good chance of winning this... Modric pulls the string more than Kroos... Ronald is easy to frustrate, but Marcelo, very much like Chelsea's William... Robertson and TAA will have their hands full all night...

I would be very temped to go with some thing like this...

Karius
                                                            Clyne   Lovren         VVD   Robertson

Henderson
                                                                   TAA                           Moreno

Salah       Firmino            Mane

If only to counteract the speed the will have with the likes of Bale,Marcelo, Isco, and Ronaldo and give them something to think about... It also give both FB extra coverage
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #739: May 03, 2018 07:01:54 pm
      If we can keep Marcelo, Ronald, Modric out of the game, we have a very good chance of winning this... Modric pulls the string more than Kroos... Ronald is easy to frustrate, but Marcelo, very much like Chelsea's William... Robertson and TAA will have their hands full all night...

Karius

Henderson

If only to counteract the speed the will have with the likes of Bale,Marcelo, Isco, and Ronaldo and give them something to think about... It also give both FB extra coverage

Your serious with an idea that Trent is going into the mid opposite Moreno with Gini & Milner on the bench and Clyne going in with hardly any game time this year?

Bud I have seen some mad stuff on these boards but that is borderline asylum resident stuff right there.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #740: May 03, 2018 07:04:17 pm
      But how many times has Klopp taken off a striker and replaced him with a defender and we have still won and not conceded. Being selective with game stats doesn't tell the whole story.

The theory behind this " Klopp Subs gone wrong" claim is I suppose that defenders won't have to sit deep in defense to keep an eye on Salah. One quick ball and Salah or Sadio or Bob are in for the kill. So when Klopp takes off Salah or Mane defenders can then push up, get higher and take the game to us without the worry of the counter attack.

Well it's a consideration but taking off a tired striker and replacing with a defender has been the norm for nearly every manager in the game. Thousands and thousands of times and it doesn't effect the result and in most cases helps protect the lead.

So it's just bull to blame klopp's subs for recent conceding of late goals. We just need to defend better for the full 90 minutes.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #741: May 03, 2018 07:13:36 pm

And West Brom 17/18 2-1 up we take off Salah and bring on Lovren
       No one is not saying that players need the rest, they get tied, but FFS replace like for like... You have Ings and Solanke on the bench, so even if the are not doing that well they are still Strikers f**king use them... By not using then you are allowing one or two of their back four to get in on the attack...

What so hard to understand..?? Or maybe things work different when you use the cheats on your games console..?

wait wait wait, i don't care enough to go back through the posts and confirm, but pretty sure you were one of those who flipped out that Ings was brought on for Salah in the 1st leg because he's not good enough, and now you are complaining that he wasn't used as a sub? ;D
      « Last Edit: May 03, 2018 07:19:45 pm by CT_LFC »
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #742: May 03, 2018 07:15:12 pm

Karius

Henderson

That line up would expose us even more to Real's midfield strength. I can see your point in that TAA might be targetted by Real and having Clyne in there with TAA as back up but TAA hasn't got enough experience to playmidfield...certainly not in a C/L final.

Moreno won't come in at the expense of Milner or Gini. Yes we have a problem in that Real have great quality in almost every position. But we have to take the game to them and make it happen. Reacting to what they might do will put us on the back foot and we are terrible on the back foot. Attack will be our strength and it will win us the Cup.
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,126 posts | 1277 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #743: May 03, 2018 07:24:05 pm
      Hey everyone, we're in the final of the Champions League. Anyone would think we are in a relegation battle.

Enjoy it.
      CT_LFC

• 6,800 posts | 1399 
      Reply #744: May 03, 2018 07:26:50 pm
      Your serious with an idea that Trent is going into the mid opposite Moreno with Gini & Milner on the bench and Clyne going in with hardly any game time this year?

Bud I have seen some mad stuff on these boards but that is borderline asylum resident stuff right there.

So you're saying we should not stop playing the style and way that got us here in the first place?

Some of the things people come up with, well, you said it best, asylum resident type stuff.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #745: May 03, 2018 07:29:02 pm

Karius

Henderson

Wow.
      Harrisimo

• 8,180 posts | 1385 
      Reply #746: May 03, 2018 07:29:15 pm
      One or two of the papers trying to make out we got lucky....total bulls**t. We conceded a freak goal, one that wouldn't happen in another 20 years at least. A penalty award that hit the top of Klav's arm from about 18 inches away. Whatever happened to the phrase " ball to hand". The penalty in the first leg was just a blatantly wrong as their 4th goal.

In truth Roma did have us on the rack in the second half. They were chasing the game but also they never got truely near our 7 ( seven) totally legit goals.

Great semi final marred by the Roma thugs. We won because we were the better team over the 2 legs and we didn't need faulty penalty decisions to do it.
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #747: May 03, 2018 08:06:43 pm

Just sometimes the mad things work because they are unexpected  :D
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #748: May 03, 2018 08:10:06 pm
      I was working so had to follow the game on the radio but boy does it feel good to be back in a European Cup Final.

Makes it even sweeter that it seems to have pissed off so many supporters of other clubs. ;D

The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #749: May 03, 2018 08:14:23 pm
      wait wait wait, i don't care enough to go back through the posts and confirm, but pretty sure you were one of those who flipped out that Ings was brought on for Salah in the 1st leg because he's not good enough, and now you are complaining that he wasn't used as a sub? ;D
      CT feel free to go back and Check, and if you are right, I am big enough to apologize, but i am pretty sure that my only complaint was about another defender being bought on for a attacker
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #750: May 03, 2018 08:23:26 pm
      That line up would expose us even more to Real's midfield strength. I can see your point in that TAA might be targetted by Real and having Clyne in there with TAA as back up but TAA hasn't got enough experience to playmidfield...certainly not in a C/L final.

Moreno won't come in at the expense of Milner or Gini. Yes we have a problem in that Real have great quality in almost every position. But we have to take the game to them and make it happen. Reacting to what they might do will put us on the back foot and we are terrible on the back foot. Attack will be our strength and it will win us the Cup.
      I agree. and i am not saying we should go with this line up merely saying that we Could go with this line up, it has its strengths,(there would be plenty of pace, attacking and defending) and weakens,(Moreno's brain farts and tackling), and so does have Gini ,Henderson and Milner... Just throwing it out there  ;D
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #751: May 03, 2018 08:24:04 pm

Karius

Henderson

I can just  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at this... Well, thanks for some comedy before I hit the bed!
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #752: May 03, 2018 08:24:28 pm
      The Real Donavan Ried

• 5,120 posts | 949 
      Reply #753: May 03, 2018 08:26:36 pm
      I can just  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: at this... Well, thanks for some comedy before I hit the bed!
      Always aim to please ... ;D
      LFC PAUL
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 493 posts | 46 
      Reply #754: May 03, 2018 08:40:26 pm
      See UTD fans desperately seeking Ronaldo's help now to stop us, they really are a bunch of low life scum.
      Keep seeing pictures of Jürgen looking euphoric its just wonderful

Saw a poll from them that had the two choices in the final but saying you'll get banned if you vote Liverpool! They really can't abide the thought of us winning a sixth trophy in this comp.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #755: May 03, 2018 09:25:14 pm
      Anyone got video of goals from last night?

I was overslept, and when I turn the TV on, Dzeko made it 2-2.

Maybe I should have stayed in bed :(

Whatty what what?

What?

Eh what?

What did you say?

Fuckity F**k F**k F**k F**k fuckola fukeroo.......

You what?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #756: May 03, 2018 09:27:13 pm

Karius

Henderson

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #757: May 03, 2018 09:30:42 pm

Karius

Henderson

Tadders

• 6,724 posts | 567 
      Reply #758: May 03, 2018 10:07:21 pm
      I didn’t know how to feel after the whistle.
      But listening to Jürgen and having a day to reflect is important - of course we switched off - we scored 5 goals in 50 minutes against them ffs.
      We were 5-0 up in the semi final of the champions league - unheard off.

Experience is what we lack - but talent we have in abundance

Jürgen signed Robertson, Salah, Mané and turned Firmino into the best forward in our league

He has made great signings and then improves them

enjoy this lads as it’s the best time we have had in 10 years

Quick Reply