Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 1st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D5 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35411 times
      Jimsouse67
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,491 posts | 1479 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #621: May 02, 2018 11:38:47 pm
      I am astonished at how many negative comments there are in here - even post-match - on a night when we've qualified for a Champions League final.

What a great occasion and we are deserving semifinal winners.
      I'm all for freedom of speech  but for me ,tonight isn't about picking the bones out of the game it's about being able to say 'GET THE F**k IN'
      Which I've not stopped saying since the final whistle.
      6stringer
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,051 posts | 517 
      Reply #622: May 02, 2018 11:41:49 pm
      YES !!!
      Real Madrid watch out.
      There's no f***in way they'll wanna be facing us in the final !

Call us underdogs, I don't f***in care.. and no doubt all the f***in leaches will be out in the media givin it large about how we won't be able to topple the Real boys, Maureen, Sky Sports, Jim White,Keane, Cunte, Tuck shop Sam even Harry f***in Kane, they'll all be having a pop at us before the final just you wait. F**k em all :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

As for Roma tonight, F**k them en all. sh*te tactics, sh*te team with a sh*te manager who couldn't match the mighty Liverpool FC.
      I'd still sign their only decent player Dzeko tomorrow though! ;)

What a Saturday night the 26th May is gonna be !!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #623: May 02, 2018 11:43:02 pm
      Going into the match the situation could of have been any better as Roma had to attack which let lots of space for our attacking three to do their job and they did with Mane who was great at creating and scoring but he was a great outlet holding on the ball to let our other attackers push up. I thought VvD was a beast in the middle winning everything in the air and played a great part in the 2nd goal as he threw off the Roma defender who headed to Gini.

It is great to see Liverpool back in a European final after a couple years removed from the Europa League final, these moments are the one you enjoy as a supporter and hope come May 26th we can continue on and win it all.
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #624: May 02, 2018 11:46:44 pm
      But nobody expected us to do a shut out 0-0....we knew it would be a rollacoaster. Plenty of goals, harem scarem, mistakes, brilliance. Ups & downs, nerves wrecked....won't be any different against Chelsea or in the final against Real.

Were in the final...magic..
      Shanks Red Pony
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts | 16 
      Reply #625: May 02, 2018 11:47:52 pm
      I'm all for freedom of speech  but for me ,tonight isn't about picking the bones out of the game it's about being able to say 'GET THE F**k IN'
      Which I've not stopped saying
      since the final whistle.

Couldn’t agree more.

7-6 Boys???  With this threadbare team? Give me/ us a break.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #626: May 02, 2018 11:49:17 pm
      Ladies and Gentlemen WE ARE GOING TO THE BIG DANCE!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #627: May 02, 2018 11:50:54 pm
      Maybe the wrong time to bring this up but having 3 attacking midfielders then we are always going to concede.
      Keita next season will go some way to corrececting this.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #628: May 02, 2018 11:53:20 pm
      We'll rip Madrid apart, they're dodgy at best. Bayern were the better over the two legs but couldn't finish where as we will.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #629: May 02, 2018 11:55:08 pm
      "Who Cares"   ;D

Hello Kiev
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #630: May 02, 2018 11:57:44 pm
      We'll rip Madrid apart, they're dodgy at best. Bayern were the better over the two legs but couldn't finish where as we will.

Steady on now 😀going for 3 in a row European cups and you say steady at best..
      Harrisimo

• 8,296 posts | 1403 
      Reply #631: May 03, 2018 12:02:36 am

Looks like it could come down to who has the worst defense...could be the highest scoring final ever...5-3...6-5...7-7....who knows...
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,441 posts | 3422 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #632: May 03, 2018 12:03:21 am
      Be interested in real Madrid's team in el clasico on sunday, whether they rest players like they will for the rest of their games which we can't afford to do. Hopefully suarez is feeling hungry
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #633: May 03, 2018 12:05:38 am
      Into the champions league final and that is an amazing feeling!

I've wanted to have a go at the likes of Madrid all season. I hope we have a team we can put together to do ourselves justice.

I've wanted a go at them since Rodger's fiasco against them.

What better than the Final.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #634: May 03, 2018 12:11:24 am
      Ladies and Gentlemen WE ARE GOING TO THE BIG DANCE!

Strictly Ballroom eh Oz ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6742 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #635: May 03, 2018 12:24:00 am
      Hopefully more like Dirty 🕺 Dancing
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #636: May 03, 2018 12:30:43 am
      RM  has players that can pass the ball very accurately. We have to make sure we don't allow them too much space and time on the ball  and we should be ok.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #637: May 03, 2018 12:37:45 am
      Can someone make a Liverpool vs Real Madrid match thread now?! :D I don't fancy doing it as I don't want to get in trouble with the admins :D
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,715 posts | 162 
      Reply #638: May 03, 2018 12:38:01 am
      Well I just can’t wait to play Real in the final. It will be a great occasion and I believe a win for the most wonderful club in Europe. Bring it on. YNWA ❤️❤️
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #639: May 03, 2018 12:40:40 am
      How can anyone get any motivation from playing against Chelsea now. Let's forfeit it, I couldn't care less. Not with the European Cup final in the horizon
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,289 posts | 2841 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #640: May 03, 2018 12:42:04 am
      How can anyone get any motivation from playing against Chelsea now. Let's forfeit it, I couldn't care less. Not with the European Cup final in the horizon

Because they are cu*ts and I hate them
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,194 posts | 4406 
      Reply #641: May 03, 2018 12:42:32 am
      RM  has players that can pass the ball very accurately. We have to make sure we don't allow them too much space and time on the ball  and we should be ok.

You know what that suits us better just like against City,  Our runners are great at cutting off passing lines and compressing the playing zone.

Unfortunately we can’t still cope with teams whipping in crosses like Roma, WBA, etc.
      Probably because of the inexperience of Trent and Lovren being a bit sh*te.

5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #642: May 03, 2018 12:50:08 am
      Champions League officiating 'an absolute joke' in Roma-Liverpool semifinal - James Pallotta
      Roma president James Pallotta hit out at the officiating in the second leg of their Champions League semifinal against Liverpool on Wednesday, calling it "an absolute joke" and insisting that a video assistant referee (VAR) would have helped overturn calls he perceived went in the visitors' favour.

Although Roma won 4-2, Liverpool advanced 7-6 on aggregate at the Stadio Olimpico, and Pallotta pointed to a number of decisions that went against his side and prevented them from moving on.

"It's absolutely clear that VAR is needed in the Champions League because you just can't let stuff like this go," Pallotta said. "You can all look at it yourself on the film. [Edin Dzeko] potentially in the 49th minute wasn't offside and he got taken down by the goalie.

"The 63rd minute was a handball [by Trent Alexander-Arnold] that was obvious to everybody in probably the world, expect the few people on the pitch. The 67th minute, [Patrik] Schick gets taken down in the box."

Pallotta acknowledged that refereeing can be difficult but said it's "embarrassing" to lose on aggregate the way Roma did.

"By the way, it should have been a red card, which would have been 10 men in the 63rd minute," Pallotta said, referring to Alexander-Arnold being in the area at the time of the handball.

"Again, Liverpool's a great team -- congratulations going forward -- but if we don't get VAR in the Champions League, stuff like this is an absolute joke."
      http://www.espn.com/soccer/uefa-champions-league/story/3481439/champions-league-officiating-an-absolute-joke-in-roma-liverpool-semifinal-james-pallotta

Funny how he talks about those two plays (and I’ve ring about that on the tv too) and conveniently forgets about the penalty on Gini, the foul on Mané by Florenzi that should have been red and the penalty they got on the first leg.

He's not wrong though. VAR would have overturned the daft tw*t of a referee's decision to award a penalty against Klavan. VAR would have shown Mane was clearly pushed in the penalty area. VAR would have shown numerous fouls on Salah. The blert should realise VAR works both ways, but then he's probably fighting for his job.

As for the game, for those who thought TAA had a sh*t game, two words for you. The second is off. He was fantastic and whilst he waned a little in the second half, he's played a lot of football this season and no one went over to that side to help him out. So what if he gave a penalty away? The rules are daft as a brush anyway. They talk about hands having to be in a natural position but is it natural to get belted in the face with the ball? Where else is his hands going to be? Both his and Klavan's incident show how the rule needs to be overhauled so it takes interpretation out of the equation.

Gini and Henderson where by and large excellent tonight, Van Dijk was his usual human roadblock, and when did we suddenly get the two best fullbacks in Europe? However both Lovren and Karius had mixed performances, being great until they weren't, then great again. Credit to Roma for shackling Salah and I didn't think this was Bobby's best game but he was by no means poor. But head and shoulders above everyone was James 'I'm cursed' Milner and Mane. I gave MOTM to Milner but it was an arbitrary decision since it could have gone to either one.

Proud of the lads for what they did tonight. Game management was spot on, with players going down and taking their time to run down the clock. They defended well, despite the scoreline, attacked with threat and purpose and oh yeah, the little matter of going to Kiev! Allez! Allez! allez!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 6390 
      Reply #643: May 03, 2018 12:51:17 am
      Their owner crying about  VAR and acting like they were hard done. What happen to losing gracefully?

Quick Reply