Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P27 W14 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. LFC Man of the Match v Roma?

Loris Karius
      5 (3.7%)
      Trent Alexander-Arnold
      3 (2.2%)
      Dejan Lovren
      0 (0%)
      Virgil van Dijk
      5 (3.7%)
      Jordan Henderson
      4 (3%)
      James Milner
      11 (8.2%)
      Georginio Wijnaldum
      11 (8.2%)
      Mohammed Salah
      0 (0%)
      Roberto Firmino
      3 (2.2%)
      Sadio Mane
      72 (53.7%)
      Andy Robertson
      18 (13.4%)
      Ragnar Klavan
      1 (0.7%)
      Dominic Solanke
      1 (0.7%)

Total Members Voted: 132

Voting closed: May 06, 2018 09:37:24 pm

AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion

Read 35281 times
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Re: AS Roma 4-2 Liverpool: (LFC Win 7-6 agg) In game and Post Match discussion
      Reply #644: May 03, 2018 12:53:33 am
      How can anyone get any motivation from playing against Chelsea now. Let's forfeit it, I couldn't care less. Not with the European Cup final in the horizon

My motivation is to scrap for a point at weekend which would allow us to get some rest into some very tired players bodies. Its going to be difficult after a quick turnaround but if we can get the job done here we can rest some key players for a few weeks.

We looked dead again today after 60 minutes but it was okay because we had a good lead. To beat Madrid I think we need that starting XI, the energy to blitz them and then the energy to withold an onslaught coming back at us.

Its very frustrating that we still need results in the league at this stage because we're on fumes and it would be so nice to not have to use them.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #645: May 03, 2018 12:57:23 am
      Ronaldo will latch himself on to TAA in the final. It's going to be a huge test for him. He struggled today but another huge experience hes bagged himself.
      leosc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 2,011 posts | 273 
      • Poetry in motion!
      Reply #646: May 03, 2018 12:57:46 am

:lmao: :lmao:
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #647: May 03, 2018 01:23:08 am
      Their owner crying about  VAR and acting like they were hard done. What happen to losing gracefully?

Dude is mad cos the reds pissed in his pasta!
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8ti1hnLiLw
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,751 posts | 6722 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #648: May 03, 2018 01:34:49 am

Brilliant James 😆😆😆
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #649: May 03, 2018 01:44:45 am
      Their owner crying about  VAR and acting like they were hard done. What happen to losing gracefully?

Yet if there was VAR;

1) we win the first leg 5-1, not 5-2.
      2) Penalties on Mane and Gini
      3) They would have had a penalty for the TAA handball
      4) no penalty against Klavan
      5) red card for the tw*t who wiped Mane legs away from behind 2 footed
      6) El Shawadywady gets booked for diving

Have I missed any?

So I’m struggling to see how they think they would possibly have been any better off. They are saying we were saved by the ref but forget we had more go against us than what went against them.

At the end of the day they conceded 7 goals and a team that concedes 7 goals over 2 games deserves to lose.
      We may have let in 6 goals, which in itself is unacceptable, but the difference is one of ours was an own goal from a clearance hitting our player in the face and 2 were penalties that should never be been given.

Christ, accept defeat and don’t be bitter about it.

If anyone’s to blame for their defeat, it’s their manager for going 3 at the back with a high line against a front 3 with over 80 goals between them and will destroy pretty much every defender going on pace. Oh and the fact their player passed it straight to us at the start of the 2nd game.

But they were the unlucky ones...

Lose more and more respect for that sh*t hole of a club by the day.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,500 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #650: May 03, 2018 03:08:06 am
      Well me and not drinking tonight went well....
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #651: May 03, 2018 03:13:50 am
      Well me and not drinking tonight went well....

Nervy without the drink or better Wahs?
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,658 posts | 488 
      Reply #652: May 03, 2018 03:25:12 am
      Be interested in real Madrid's team in el clasico on sunday, whether they rest players like they will for the rest of their games which we can't afford to do. Hopefully suarez is feeling hungry

There is like 14 days between our last PL match and final. That'd be enough rest!
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #653: May 03, 2018 03:58:06 am
      Yet if there was VAR;

1) we win the first leg 5-1, not 5-2.
      2) Penalties on Mane and Gini
      3) They would have had a penalty for the TAA handball
      4) no penalty against Klavan
      5) red card for the tw*t who wiped Mane legs away from behind 2 footed
      6) El Shawadywady gets booked for diving

Have I missed any?

So I’m struggling to see how they think they would possibly have been any better off. They are saying we were saved by the ref but forget we had more go against us than what went against them.

At the end of the day they conceded 7 goals and a team that concedes 7 goals over 2 games deserves to lose.
      We may have let in 6 goals, which in itself is unacceptable, but the difference is one of ours was an own goal from a clearance hitting our player in the face and 2 were penalties that should never be been given.

Christ, accept defeat and don’t be bitter about it.

If anyone’s to blame for their defeat, it’s their manager for going 3 at the back with a high line against a front 3 with over 80 goals between them and will destroy pretty much every defender going on pace. Oh and the fact their player passed it straight to us at the start of the 2nd game.

But they were the unlucky ones...

Lose more and more respect for that sh*t hole of a club by the day.

Karius had that late challenge on Dzeko, which really was a Penalty, in the box.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #654: May 03, 2018 05:34:12 am
      Remember when Dortmund beat Madrid in the Semi's but nearly lost it at the end. Klopp's teams have this in their locker. we were never in danger of losing that : ).

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #655: May 03, 2018 05:44:37 am
      Did I say Get the F**k In?!

Too morbid in here people need to wake up to themselves we have just made it to the most prized domestic football final! I've had a buzz on all day and will probably be there for the rest of the week!

ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!
      RedStorm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,746 posts | 142 
      • YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
      Reply #656: May 03, 2018 06:26:56 am
      The negativity, even when we're flying is sickening.

Enjoy the hell out of it!!!!

WE ARE LIVERPOOL............... ............BACK WHERE WE BELONG!!!!!!!!!!  We can almost taste No.6 now.

We dined in Rome, on the 26th- Chicken Kiev is on the menu.

Oh Ol' Big Ears, how I've missed you.

:aaliverpool2xt1: :aaliverpoolwz0: :scarf: :kop5cf8koxp6:

redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #657: May 03, 2018 07:48:42 am
      You know what that suits us better just like against City,  Our runners are great at cutting off passing lines and compressing the playing zone.

Unfortunately we can’t still cope with teams whipping in crosses like Roma, WBA, etc.
      Probably because of the inexperience of Trent and Lovren being a bit sh*te.

Well said, from the goals conceded, we could see TAA and Lovren were there but their positioning was somewhat 1 or 2 yards off where they should be and they never gave Dzeko enough pressure to throw him off balance. If we could improve on our positioning and gave a bit more pressure we should do better. What I was most dissapointed was we gave them too much space and time on the ball just Klopp saw that. outside the arc to shoot that resulte in 2 goals. If we had closed down those space outside the box at the arc if would have been more difficult for them Hope Klopp saw that and will do something about it.
      solodee

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #658: May 03, 2018 07:50:04 am
      A big congratulations to Liverpool FC and we the fans. We are through to the Finals of the Champions League.

- A freak own-goal;
      - A just penalty denied;
      - A just Free kick at the edge of their box denied;
      - An unjust penalty awarded against us;
      - A bit of bad judgement on the part of our three forward to pass the ball to better placed team mates.

We came through it all and qualified for the finals.

Well done guys. YNWA

All roads lead to Kiev.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #659: May 03, 2018 07:54:01 am
      Amazing that we only went through by 1 goal considering how comfortable we looked in the second half. Doesn't matter if we'd won by 10 goals or 1, getting to the final is all that matters. Brilliant!
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,974 posts | 3058 
      Reply #660: May 03, 2018 07:55:10 am
      I was happily getting drunk at 2-2 and it annoys me quite a bit that we were so poor at keeping the ball and killing the game off. Lovren and TAA trying diagonal passes to nobody when they could just pass the ball to themselves had me on my nerves

But f**k it, who cares now. Kiev here we come. It feels quite surreal that the team I was watching every week last season, quite often struggling, is now a Champions League finalist.

F***ing brilliant.

And Roma can cry their eyes out all they like, it was never a penalty on Klavan and there was a penalty against Mane when it was still 0-0 that wasnt given. F**k them and their scumbag fascist supporters, good luck in their next European semifinal 30 years from now.

Tie was over mate - yes bit annoying we let them win the game but it was done by then.

Just enjoy it ;)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,649 posts | 3918 
      Reply #661: May 03, 2018 08:06:07 am
      Wow another champions league final to watch! That’s 3 in my life time (that I can remember, born in 83) and it’s an amazing F***ing feeling!!

F**k off Roma, you will never beat us!!!

Love the fact we’re underdogs for the final, plays perfectly into our hands.

Shout out to James the F***ing king Milner... never lets us down.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,650 posts | 6947 
      Reply #662: May 03, 2018 08:17:09 am
      Love the fact we’re underdogs for the final, plays perfectly into our hands.

Yep. Tend to agree with this.

Shout out to James the f**king king Milner... never lets us down.

I don't think he was flawless in the two legs by some distance but he's done very well after his little season stint at left back!

Get the impression this could be his last 'full' season for us but no doubt that he was a good signing for the LFC squad in the wake of losing Gerrard.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,433 posts | 3417 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #663: May 03, 2018 08:26:31 am
      Tell me ma me ma to put the ribena on ice..
      Tadders

• 6,787 posts | 573 
      Reply #664: May 03, 2018 08:37:43 am
      I was very impressed with Jürgen after the game- he focuses only on the positives

We were in Italy - the land of the cheat

We were a little naive but we got through

We need to win it now
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #665: May 03, 2018 08:42:40 am
      WE did what was required and that was to win over 2 legs and and progress to the final. Jürgen Klopp and our REDS have done us proud.Andy Robertson must come a close second to Mo Salah as the find of the season,he has exceptional speed and the football to match.WE are ready for you Real Madrid,bring it on. :scarf:
      skamp
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 834 posts | 306 
      Reply #666: May 03, 2018 09:02:54 am
      Relatively stress-free night with the scoreline making it look like it was tight.  Roma were never in serious contention in the tie once we went 5-0 up. 

Shout out to Andy Robertson, who I keep telling my son (23yo) is the best LB we've had since Alan Kennedy.  Hopefully Robbo can do to RM what Kennedy did the last time we met in the final.

We need to look at our late defending/substitutions though.  In 3 of our last 4 matches, we've conceded twice in the last 11 mins: -

WBA (a) 79 & 88mins
      Roma (h) 81 & 85 mins
      Roma (a) 86 & 90 mins

But WE'RE IN ANOTHER CL FINAL!!!!!!

On to Chelsea now; full strength and get the result (draw will be enough).

Real in the final will start as favourites, particularly with their Euro experience in recent years, but we were bigger underdogs in Istanbul (we had a weaker team in comparison to the opposition).
      We have to be wary of Marcelo on the left flank going forward, whipping and dinking balls to the far post, whilst being able to pick their pockets and exploit the space Marcelo leaves for Salah.

The scoreline in the final could literally be anything.  I'm going 4-3 to the Mighty Reds in normal time and ol' big ears coming back to where he belongs!

C'MMMOOOOONNNNN!!!

Quick Reply