Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Kiev travel plans

Read 22377 times
      dblock23
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 6 posts |
      Kiev travel plans
      May 04, 2018 06:06:09 am
      Thought I’d set this up for people thinking of going to Kiev alone, as I’m likely to be going solo on my first ever European away  ;D
      Maybe we could setup something? Gatherings etc... better to be safe right? What’s your thoughts people?

« Last Edit: May 04, 2018 11:31:49 am by JD »
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Re: Kiev
      Reply #1: May 04, 2018 08:19:56 am
      Thought I’d set this up for people thinking of going to Kiev alone, as I’m likely to be going solo on my first ever European away  ;D
      Maybe we could setup something? Gatherings etc... better to be safe right? What’s your thoughts people?
      I doubt Liverpool v Real Madrid in Kiev will be dangerous like Rome was. It's probably more dangerous to meet up with strangers from the internet...
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #2: May 04, 2018 09:58:41 am
      I doubt Liverpool v Real Madrid in Kiev will be dangerous like Rome was. It's probably more dangerous to meet up with strangers from the internet...

Sets up thread and his first post is to meet strangers in a foreign city.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #3: May 04, 2018 10:00:01 am

Just pitch up...see a bunch of LFC supporters...have a bevvy or three...after half an hour..your in..simple as..
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: May 04, 2018 10:04:57 am

As a foreigner, I can guarantee you'll find plenty of Reds to tail along with. Say g'day, have a drink and you'll be fine. Never fails.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,965 posts | 3047 
      Re: Kiev travel plans
      Reply #5: May 04, 2018 03:10:32 pm
      Any details on Anfield screenings yet ?
      Gavich
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #6: May 04, 2018 05:04:54 pm
      Hello. I‘m from Kyiv. I’m Liverpool fan. I could host a few persons in flat in exchange to ticket. My flat has 3 rooms. Also I could advice you to check hotels in Lviv. Here you could find bus tickets autolux ua or here ecolines dot net
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #7: May 04, 2018 06:15:23 pm
      Kiev is the only city I've traveled to where the hookers were calling me in my room (usually they lurk in the lobby). Such a friendly city...
      Harrisimo

• 7,968 posts | 1355 
      Reply #8: May 04, 2018 06:20:25 pm
      Hello. I‘m from Kyiv. I’m Liverpool fan. I could host a few persons in flat in exchange to ticket. My flat has 3 rooms. Also I could advice you to check hotels in Lviv. Here you could find bus tickets autolux ua or here ecolines dot net

Knock three times and ask for Dimitri..
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #9: May 04, 2018 06:28:13 pm
      Seriously, I think everyone should watch Hostel before considering taking up these new poster's offers of meeting up or staying at their flats.

Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #10: May 04, 2018 06:40:58 pm

Why would a person exchange his ticket for the final to get  accommodation in a flat?
      Gavich
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #11: May 04, 2018 07:27:30 pm
      I could host 4-6 persons for one ticket. Also for 1-3 nights, so you could save money for flight
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #12: May 04, 2018 07:43:32 pm
      Kiev is the only city I've traveled to where the hookers were calling me in my room (usually they lurk in the lobby). Such a friendly city...

Kiev it is then...
      RedWilly

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #13: May 04, 2018 07:45:04 pm
      I could host 4-6 persons for one ticket. Also for 1-3 nights, so you could save money for flight

Why would someone go to kyiv with a ticket only to give it away to watch the game on Telly haha

Got myself tickets home for this one, can’t wait to be back watching with people who ‘get it’!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #14: May 04, 2018 07:45:27 pm

Deffo on my bucket list as well  ;)

ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,321 posts | 1016 
      Reply #15: May 05, 2018 11:50:15 am
      Knock three times and ask for Dimitri..
      Gill95
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,623 posts | 477 
      Reply #16: May 05, 2018 12:45:09 pm
      The replies in this thread are great!  :lmao:
      Madscouser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,814 posts | 67 
      Reply #17: May 05, 2018 01:15:12 pm

Hookers in the room ? I thought this was the Champions League (football) as opposed to the Champions Cup (Rugby) :)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #18: May 05, 2018 02:58:40 pm
      Hookers in the room ? I thought this was the Champions League (football) as opposed to the Champions Cup (Rugby) :)

She did say something about a ruck and a maul, I think, but I hung up the phone.

Honest.
      Boston not la
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,564 posts | 766 
      Reply #19: May 05, 2018 03:27:55 pm
      Few rooms available here.A bit outside the city but as you can see transport provided,cash only!     

Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #20: May 05, 2018 04:46:26 pm
      Sets up thread and his first post is to meet strangers in a foreign city.  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
      It could be herbert from family guy
      Ifakemi
      • On Trial

• 4 posts |
      Reply #21: May 05, 2018 04:48:38 pm
      Few rooms available here.A bit outside the city but as you can see transport provided,cash only!     

Good sense of humor))) But it is not so bad, we manage to find accomodation for our friends and relatives from Germany for the final (it was a week ago) and there were still some free houses for groups in nice place. The prices are high but i f you will live as a group of fans (not along by yourself) you will be able to find accomodation for 300-400euros like we did.

Anyway I wanted to write here some useful information because I want you all to fell in love with my city.
      I know that lots of you are going to the final in Kyiv. (by the way it is right to write Kyiv not Kiev) And it is my hometown.
      So just want to tell you that it is not so scary here. It is really nice city and friendly people ( mostly))).
      And if you are planning to stay here for longer or come here a couple of days or even a week before the final - you will never be bored. As this month is full of different festivals.
      For example
      - Kyiv lights festival (may 18-20) - amazing light, 3d mapping, VJ show  with lots of international guests and artists. 6 different locations at the same time and amazing performances.
      - Craft Beer Fest (may 26-27) - more than 30 beer maker and more than 100 sorts of beer at one place.
      - Precompression Kyiv (may 26) – Ukraine’s first official regional Burning Man event :
      Precompression is one of reunion events for the local burner community...
      - official Kyiv city day (starting may 27) - lots of concersts and other activities around the city.
      etc.
      During the football finals - there will be 4 fan zones in different locations of the city.
      Also you will be able to buy something like a tourist map \ pass called "Kyiv Pass" - this Kyiv pass give you free entrance to some museums, discounts, free Kyiv metro trips (limited trips) etc.

Anyway I know that now you are facing some problems with flight tickets, accomodation etc. like my friends & relatives from Germany did a week ago. But we managed all this.  So I want to tell you that Kyiv is really nice city with good people - so you defenetly should come to support you fav team!
      And if somebody need some advice I will be glad to help.
      Vitaliy15594130
      • On Trial

• 2 posts |
      Reply #22: May 05, 2018 04:53:11 pm
      Hi guys, I'm a Kiev supporter of LFC.
      On this fantastic occasion I'd be happy to host a couple of Liverpool fans in my Kiev appartment for free.

Here's link to Gmap where I highlighted my place of residence and the stadium in Kiev:
      https://goo.gl/maps/aHeuFsp38dA2
      I live within 4 metro stations from Kiev city center where the stadium is situated.

I've purchased a ticket already throuh uefa.com, so I am coming at the stadium on May 26.

Quick Reply