Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 58246 times
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #92: May 13, 2018 09:23:14 am
      He's done great for them.

You're such a depressive fan 😦

I’m just a concerned fan. Read my past posts, mostly always positive.

I am by nature a pessimist however
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #93: May 13, 2018 09:39:09 am

You must of been close to a breakdown in Istanbul then.To put your mind at rest I am sure number 6 is on its way back to Anfield.
      Kopite78
      Reply #94: May 13, 2018 09:41:12 am

Sorry mate, I read them back to back.. I shouldn't have said that

However

Football is highs and lows, an emotional roller coaster.. we've had lots of tough times this last ten years, this is the time to enjoy the highs.. we're in a champions league final, yes it will be tough and truth be told we are going in as underdogs but a champions league final mate.. what an achievement for Klopp in such a short period of time and this time we seem to be really bedding the roots for continued growth.
      Yes we have pulled back a little in the league but that's with context of a tough champions league run, a tired and thread bare squad but we have played to a level this season where we are able to pull back in the league and be fine qualifying for next year.
      I have no doubt had we gone out to say city in the cl that we would have been right up there and probably beyond utd but we've prioritised because of the position we have put ourselves in

We win today, we qualify and then we get to look forward to the champions league final mate

Just embrace it and enjoy the good times.. because that what we're in

Again sorry lad
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #95: May 13, 2018 10:46:55 am
      You must of been close to a breakdown in Istanbul then.To put your mind at rest I am sure number 6 is on its way back to Anfield.

I was mate. I left the pub to go home at half time but my spurs fan pal ran to catch me up and said ‘mate it might be years and years until Liverpool are in a UCL final again, you might as well come back and see what happens’

Thank god I listened and went back :)
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #96: May 13, 2018 10:47:49 am
      Sorry mate, I read them back to back.. I shouldn't have said that

However

Football is highs and lows, an emotional roller coaster.. we've had lots of tough times this last ten years, this is the time to enjoy the highs.. we're in a champions league final, yes it will be tough and truth be told we are going in as underdogs but a champions league final mate.. what an achievement for Klopp in such a short period of time and this time we seem to be really bedding the roots for continued growth.
      Yes we have pulled back a little in the league but that's with context of a tough champions league run, a tired and thread bare squad but we have played to a level this season where we are able to pull back in the league and be fine qualifying for next year.
      I have no doubt had we gone out to say city in the cl that we would have been right up there and probably beyond utd but we've prioritised because of the position we have put ourselves in

We win today, we qualify and then we get to look forward to the champions league final mate

Just embrace it and enjoy the good times.. because that what we're in

Again sorry lad

I’m just going to focus on your posts from now on... love the positivity!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #97: May 13, 2018 12:03:25 pm
      you get goose bumps reading this thread the anticipation is just incredible. The lesson from Istanbul and from watching Jürgen's teams is it ain't over until its over so as difficult as it may get you won't want to miss a second of this final.
      verde-rubro
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,952 posts | 217 
      Reply #98: May 13, 2018 10:26:37 pm
      Los Blancos are playing their last home game now v Celta Vigo.

Guess who is on the bench for the latter ?

Remember  Aspas ?

they still have one more game to play next week

17:30 Villarreal  -  Real Madrid
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #99: May 13, 2018 10:36:24 pm
      Gareth Bale looking ominous
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #100: May 14, 2018 06:37:06 am
      ....and now we can fully concentrate on this one!!! Comeeeooonnnnnnnnnnnnn
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #101: May 14, 2018 10:59:20 am
      Klopp taking the boys away for a short break & 2 weeks to prepare could make a big impact come 26th may..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #102: May 14, 2018 11:12:27 am

Luckily Zidane doesn't rate him so I doubt he'll start.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #103: May 14, 2018 11:13:45 am
      Klopp taking the boys away for a short break & 2 weeks to prepare could make a big impact come 26th may..

In all seriousness it is a HUGE advantage over Real Madrid who still have one more league game to go. its kind of unfair in some ways but F**k it, about time we had the rub of the green.
      ozi_wozzy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,552 posts | 304 
      Reply #104: May 14, 2018 12:56:19 pm

Hope they've learned their lesson from the Leicester affair and staying away from Bangkok
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #105: May 14, 2018 01:05:03 pm
      In all seriousness it is a HUGE advantage over Real Madrid who still have one more league game to go. its kind of unfair in some ways but f**k it, about time we had the rub of the green.

Whilst having their best player recovering from injury. Looked the other day and they really lack goals this season, Benzema has just 11 in 45 games and one of them was borderline match fixing from Munich’s keeper!
      No clean sheet in 9 games also shows that whilst lacking goals, they are struggling to keep them out too.

Madrid are there for the taking, we need to make sure that we really make the most of this advantage we have in preparation.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #106: May 14, 2018 01:18:48 pm
      Don't let all the talk become over confidence or underestimation of Real Madrid. Whatever they may lack they don't lack experience and more dirty tricks than you could believe. If they are under the cosh they can tough it out and play dirty tricks and hope for a fluky goal .
      If we are at our very best and score first then we have a great chance but lets not underestimate the challenge that is before us.
      trebor12
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 69 
      Reply #107: May 14, 2018 01:23:08 pm
      I think if we start fast and play like we know we can play, like we did against city, then I don't think they'll know what hit them. They are conseding goals in their league, which is considerably easier than the EPL IMO, so our front 3 could have a field day. I trust Jürgen and the guys to get it right over the next 2 weeks and maybe, just maybe we'll be victorious on the 26th and holding that No 6.
      CT_LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,782 posts | 1395 
      Reply #108: May 14, 2018 01:56:12 pm
      In all seriousness it is a HUGE advantage over Real Madrid who still have one more league game to go. its kind of unfair in some ways but f**k it, about time we had the rub of the green.

They'll probably just play the B-squad anyways or those who need a minutes to regain sharpness, so they will also be on break.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #109: May 14, 2018 02:51:08 pm
      I was mate. I left the pub to go home at half time but my spurs fan pal ran to catch me up and said ‘mate it might be years and years until Liverpool are in a UCL final again, you might as well come back and see what happens’

Thank god I listened and went back :)

I was in a hospital bed that day and declined morphine (or some painkiller) because i knew it would knock me out. Then at the half the Doc came in and had them put something in my IV, so I missed the comeback and only came to about the 118th minute. That Doc should have lost his license for that, but winning the penalties was a pretty nice wake up call and a day-early birthday present for me at an otherwise low time. This year the game is ON my birthday, so even better (I can do without the hospital part though). :-)
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #110: May 14, 2018 02:53:53 pm
      you get goose bumps reading this thread the anticipation is just incredible. The lesson from Istanbul and from watching Jürgen's teams is it ain't over until its over so as difficult as it may get you won't want to miss a second of this final.

I agree, but ;D our "it ain't over til it's over" is we are up 3-0 at 80 minutes but...."it ain't over." :-)

Seriously, our defense has improved greatly,  our attack is a juggernaut and our team spirit is like no other. Real Madrid might be bored at all this, but this is the match of each player's life (until  next year's final). Twelve days will seem like an eternity (Jürgen said something like that), but savor the anticipation, savor the day, savor the moments and savor that trophy when Jordan lifts it high.
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,034 posts | 2690 
      Reply #111: May 14, 2018 02:55:28 pm
      Since Jürgen takes the squad to a warm weather locale in the winter, will he takes the group into the far north of Norway, the part in the Arctic Circle, for this summer camp?
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #112: May 14, 2018 02:55:54 pm
      They'll probably just play the B-squad anyways or those who need a minutes to regain sharpness, so they will also be on break.
      yeah, they have points to spare
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #113: May 14, 2018 03:19:08 pm
      Don't let all the talk become over confidence or underestimation of Real Madrid. Whatever they may lack they don't lack experience and more dirty tricks than you could believe. If they are under the cosh they can tough it out and play dirty tricks and hope for a fluky goal .
      If we are at our very best and score first then we have a great chance but lets not underestimate the challenge that is before us.

You are spot on pal. If anyone knows how to get over the line its this team.

The two I will pick out are Ramos and Ronaldo. Two players who will and often do try everything in the book of football dark arts to win this game. The referee will be under intense pressure against those two in particular, with the likes of Bale, Benzema, Carvajal, Marcelo and Krose willing to bend the laws of the game to sneak over the line as well.

In my opinion we have to simply over awe them from the traps and get ourselves into a commanding lead.

From there we will no doubt face an onslaught but with a threat on the counter and a team that will get 2 weeks off, hopefully we have enough.

Whatever the result Madrid will not be beaten until they have tried their whole repetoir of their good, bad and ugly.

When we get the openings we have to be completely ruthless.
      Mrgavin
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      • Hyyvshhxng
      Reply #114: May 14, 2018 06:48:54 pm
      we have had such an exciting run this year slapping 5 past porto roma man city over 2 legs, as long as we turn up and play the way we have been in the cl i'll be happy, if were beaten by a better team so be it............

on the other hand... LETS SLAP THESE SPANISH WAITORS AROUND LIKE A WET LETTUCE !!!!!!!
                                                                   :lmao: :lmao:

Quick Reply