Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Huddersfield [Premier League] Fri 26th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Anfield

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P22 W9 D6 L7

Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST

Read 22383 times
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,793 posts | 1354 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #175: May 18, 2018 07:48:58 pm
      Think I'll have a early nite so take me of the whole world list.  :f_whistle:
      I forgot that united fans got accustomed to boring matches.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,086 posts | 476 
      Re: Pre-Match: Real Madrid v Liverpool (Champions League) Sat 26 May 2018 19:45 BST
      Reply #176: May 18, 2018 09:36:50 pm
      4-0 Liverpool.

Dawn of a new era..

Empire of the Klopp...

We need to put pressure on Real Madrid from the kick off just like we did against Roma at Anfield. Once in front we cannot any slip ups at the back, just bring that cup back to Anfield.

I agree, it really is that simple, we need to pressure and swarm them, we need to be at least 2 goals ahead by the 70th minute otherwise I'll be extremely nervous.

Get at their fullbacks and we'll open up space to pull them apart. Kroos and Modric are not mobile at all and their attackers aren't going to drop back to help, either.

Of course, with the ball, they pose a different and serious threat. But I think our game plan in Europe sets us up well to be able to strike and cause them serious problems.

Just hurry the f**k up already.

Swarm . Nice word that. Even better when Poetry Is In Motion on the pitch.

Bought myself a new scarf online from the official club shop.

;D

As far as the game is concerned keep dropping the ball over Marcelo... he won't track back.

and like we did at Porto, vs. Man City at home, vs. Spartak, vs. Maribor, 1st half vs. Seville. Like we do.

Not at all overly concerned about them if I'm honest, what I've seen doesn't fill with fear like RM side's of the past,
      In fact it could be argued that they fear us irrespective of their experience of late and of being favourites....i remember the same scenario in '05', nobody gave us a cat in hell's chance of beating the Rossineri...and we all know how that turned out 😁😁😁😁😁,

Jürgen will have done due diligence for every player likely to feature in the final, he would have studied their strength's and weaknesses and figured out a game plan to suit,
      Zidane likewise, however, at this moment in time I'm struggling to find a side that could cope with the way we Swarm all over them, we play as a total unit where every player knows almost with instinct what is about to occur,  it is not perfect of course but we have swept teams aside on a regular basis in this competition from the group stages thru to the final itself...and good sides at that,
      With our method of play, we start of kind of slow..ish but grow into a rhythm and carry it through 75-80% of the game,

The movement up front with Mo Mane & Bobby is very difficult to manage, and i can see RM struggling to cope with them,

Perhaps only Bayern could manage us as they are more defence minded but i guess we'll never know,

I'm quietly confident that no6 will be delivered one week tomorrow, too early to get excited but i bet this week coming f***in drags...but come it will...can't wait to see that f**king smug kunt Ladyboy's face at the end, and not forgetting that other smug tw*t Ratboy....his taxi is fuelled and waiting, kunt !!

YNWA

From my prospective its gegenpress from the whistle! If we sit back at all and attempt to hit them on the counter they will punish any mistakes harshly! We must dictate the pace and tempo of the game.
      Any concerns I have centre around our mental strength after 70 minutes. This can be won by then, we've demonstrated that fact amply this season.

Oh and I hope Lady Luck has got her flight booked and ticket?

Prediction......I haven't got a clue, spoken like a true sh*thouse! :f_whistle: :f_wah: :lmao:

the first semi with Bayern and Real was incredibly slow paced and when Bayern turned up the heat in the second leg Real struggled.
      If we are on our game I feel we will cause them real problems and hopefully many of them.

The whole footballing world will be watching this game. Liverpool win this, every player in the world will want to be at this club.

All of the above, plus.... Just don't sub a forward for a defender in the last 15 mins Jürgen.  Our lads will run themselves into the ground for you. DONT TRY FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN, AND DONT MAKE SUBS JUST TO LET SOMEONE GET MINUTES TOWARDS THE END.
      I'm convinced we'll be ahead late on, don't give them a way back into it.
      Tattoos do hurt a bit, but I just can't wait for my next one. My 6th Gold Star. 
      GERNS

• 7,086 posts | 476 
      Reply #177: May 18, 2018 09:38:57 pm
      4-0 Liverpool.

Dawn of a new era..

Empire of the Klopp...

We need to put pressure on Real Madrid from the kick off just like we did against Roma at Anfield. Once in front we cannot any slip ups at the back, just bring that cup back to Anfield.

I agree, it really is that simple, we need to pressure and swarm them, we need to be at least 2 goals ahead by the 70th minute otherwise I'll be extremely nervous.

Get at their fullbacks and we'll open up space to pull them apart. Kroos and Modric are not mobile at all and their attackers aren't going to drop back to help, either.

Of course, with the ball, they pose a different and serious threat. But I think our game plan in Europe sets us up well to be able to strike and cause them serious problems.

Just hurry the f**k up already.

Swarm . Nice word that. Even better when Poetry Is In Motion on the pitch.

Bought myself a new scarf online from the official club shop.

;D

As far as the game is concerned keep dropping the ball over Marcelo... he won't track back.

and like we did at Porto, vs. Man City at home, vs. Spartak, vs. Maribor, 1st half vs. Seville. Like we do.

Not at all overly concerned about them if I'm honest, what I've seen doesn't fill with fear like RM side's of the past,
      In fact it could be argued that they fear us irrespective of their experience of late and of being favourites....i remember the same scenario in '05', nobody gave us a cat in hell's chance of beating the Rossineri...and we all know how that turned out 😁😁😁😁😁,

Jürgen will have done due diligence for every player likely to feature in the final, he would have studied their strength's and weaknesses and figured out a game plan to suit,
      Zidane likewise, however, at this moment in time I'm struggling to find a side that could cope with the way we Swarm all over them, we play as a total unit where every player knows almost with instinct what is about to occur,  it is not perfect of course but we have swept teams aside on a regular basis in this competition from the group stages thru to the final itself...and good sides at that,
      With our method of play, we start of kind of slow..ish but grow into a rhythm and carry it through 75-80% of the game,

The movement up front with Mo Mane & Bobby is very difficult to manage, and i can see RM struggling to cope with them,

Perhaps only Bayern could manage us as they are more defence minded but i guess we'll never know,

I'm quietly confident that no6 will be delivered one week tomorrow, too early to get excited but i bet this week coming f***in drags...but come it will...can't wait to see that f**king smug kunt Ladyboy's face at the end, and not forgetting that other smug tw*t Ratboy....his taxi is fuelled and waiting, kunt !!

YNWA

From my prospective its gegenpress from the whistle! If we sit back at all and attempt to hit them on the counter they will punish any mistakes harshly! We must dictate the pace and tempo of the game.
      Any concerns I have centre around our mental strength after 70 minutes. This can be won by then, we've demonstrated that fact amply this season.

Oh and I hope Lady Luck has got her flight booked and ticket?

Prediction......I haven't got a clue, spoken like a true sh*thouse! :f_whistle: :f_wah: :lmao:

the first semi with Bayern and Real was incredibly slow paced and when Bayern turned up the heat in the second leg Real struggled.
      If we are on our game I feel we will cause them real problems and hopefully many of them.

The whole footballing world will be watching this game. Liverpool win this, every player in the world will want to be at this club.

All of the above, plus.... Just don't sub a forward for a defender in the last 15 mins Jürgen.  Our lads will run themselves into the ground for you. DONT TRY FIX IT IF IT ISNT BROKEN, AND DONT MAKE SUBS JUST TO LET SOMEONE GET MINUTES TOWARDS THE END.
      I'm convinced we'll be ahead late on, don't give them a way back into it.
      Tattoos do hurt a bit, but I just can't wait for my next one. My 6th Gold Star.   ;D
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,156 posts | 3382 
      Reply #178: May 18, 2018 10:52:31 pm
      the anticipation is killing me but only a week to go now.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 28,806 posts | 3444 
      Reply #179: May 19, 2018 06:36:30 am
      weshall_kop
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 299 posts | 13 
      Reply #180: May 19, 2018 09:07:45 am
      I hope we make a strong enough team so that we can successfully defend the champions league next season while warping up the premier league.

clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,722 posts | 1887 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #181: May 19, 2018 09:42:27 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Milner is really fit, I would replace him with Lallana.
      Ribapuru
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,793 posts | 1354 
      Reply #182: May 19, 2018 10:21:00 am
      NB: Team no longer available

If Milner is really fit, I would replace him with Lallana.
      Milner will be 120% fit.
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,283 posts | 1863 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #183: May 19, 2018 11:25:25 am
      Nice one UEFA.

The Distance for both teams/countries to get to the Ukraine is crazy for a single game of football on a Saturday night.

https://twitter.com/English_AS/status/997782182268678144

ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,817 posts | 382 
      Reply #184: May 19, 2018 12:32:58 pm

Our squad will be the fittest at this stage. I assure you that even the most injured player will declare himself fit to start.

No joke. Just look at Harry Kewell and you’d know what I mean.
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,156 posts | 3382 
      Reply #185: May 19, 2018 12:49:45 pm
      Our squad will be the fittest at this stage. I assure you that even the most injured player will declare himself fit to start.

No joke. Just look at Harry Kewell and you’d know what I mean.

is it true with this being an important Final Harry Kewel has in fact declared himself fit and ready to play.
      Breeding-Reds-In-The-434
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 760 posts | 212 
      Reply #186: May 19, 2018 02:14:20 pm
      Having Lallana as a sub is big IMO. Him out of shape is still better than Solanke coming in. Also, if we win I’m buying my MOTMs kit. What are we wearing? This seasons of next?
      clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,722 posts | 1887 
      Reply #187: May 19, 2018 02:27:35 pm

I hope so!
      RedPuppy
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,283 posts | 1863 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #188: May 19, 2018 07:50:03 pm
      7 Days time.

waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 26,156 posts | 3382 
      Reply #189: May 19, 2018 08:21:22 pm

Note sure if I can last that long.
      PurpleMonkey

• 9,657 posts | 1775 
      Reply #190: May 19, 2018 08:31:57 pm

Real's starting line up tonight:

Dani Carvajal
      Raphael Varane
      Sergio Ramos
      Marcelo
      Luka Modric
      Casemiro
      Toni Kroos
      Isco
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Gareth Bale

I suspect we'll see something very similar or the same next Saturday.
      Kopite78
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,794 posts | 1798 
      Reply #191: May 19, 2018 08:55:46 pm

Dani Carvajal
      Raphael Varane
      Sergio Ramos
      Marcelo
      Luka Modric
      Casemiro
      Toni Kroos
      Isco
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Gareth Bale

No keeper?
      That's very brave against our front three 🙄
      RedWilly

• 7,617 posts | 944 
      Reply #192: May 19, 2018 09:24:08 pm

Dani Carvajal
      Raphael Varane
      Sergio Ramos
      Marcelo
      Luka Modric
      Casemiro
      Toni Kroos
      Isco
      Cristiano Ronaldo
      Gareth Bale

We have to get straight into Madrid, 100mph and cause a bit of madness and get them unsettled. Sit back and try counter them and I’m worried they will cut us to shreds.

Are we back from Marbella now or staying out there until the match? Anyone know?
      LondonRed83

• 8,956 posts | 1107 
      Reply #193: May 19, 2018 10:41:58 pm
      Real Madrid will come at us. I can’t f**king wait to see Mane taking the piss and Firmino dictating the play in the final third.

It’s going to be amazing. Surely Klopp is due a final win!
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,492 posts | 419 
      Reply #194: May 20, 2018 03:21:35 am
      Awoke from a dream yesterday afternoon in which I was unable to watch the game (Not going to happen by the way!) but saw the final score and details on screen and spoiled everything for the people who I was with, anyhow details;

Liverpool won 5-2 the scorers were five individuals for LFC with Salah at the top of the list don't know whether that made him our last or first scorer?
      Madrid's Goals were both O.G's Couldn't see any names BUT the first one was a single minute goal i.e. 1st-9th minute.
      Can't recall any other details like times or names other than what I've already mentioned.
      Like everyone else on here I CAN'T WAIT the Dis/Advantage of this is it's a 4-45AM Ko For me so Yes I start the day with game of Football but will have all day with little sleep to either celebrate or commiserate.
      COYR No.6 PLEASE!
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,105 posts | 649 
      Reply #195: May 20, 2018 03:56:19 am
      Awoke from a dream yesterday afternoon in which I was unable to watch the game (Not going to happen by the way!) but saw the final score and details on screen and spoiled everything for the people who I was with, anyhow details;

Liverpool won 5-2 the scorers were five individuals for LFC with Salah at the top of the list don't know whether that made him our last or first scorer?
      Madrid's Goals were both O.G's Couldn't see any names BUT the first one was a single minute goal i.e. 1st-9th minute.
      Can't recall any other details like times or names other than what I've already mentioned.
      Like everyone else on here I CAN'T WAIT the Dis/Advantage of this is it's a 4-45AM Ko For me so Yes I start the day with game of Football but will have all day with little sleep to either celebrate or commiserate.
      COYR No.6 PLEASE!

That's pretty vivid dreaming. If I dream about the game it'll be more like we won 2-0 but George Sanders scored the goals while driving a riding lawnmower, with the match shortened to 63 minutes because one end of the pitch was opening up to a field of lava (either that or the old -stand-by where I'm unmarked in front of goal, no keeper, and I keep trying to tap it in but no matter wha tI do the ball doesn't move). But now we're so stir-crazy waiting for this match that we're sharing our dreams about it. Just hurry up and get here May 26.
      Robby The Z
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,105 posts | 649 
      Reply #196: May 20, 2018 03:57:02 am
      We have to get straight into Madrid, 100mph and cause a bit of madness and get them unsettled. Sit back and try counter them and I’m worried they will cut us to shreds.

Are we back from Marbella now or staying out there until the match? Anyone know?

Team was scheduled to arrive home Saturday evening.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 17,492 posts | 419 
      Reply #197: May 20, 2018 05:54:58 am
      That's pretty vivid dreaming. If I dream about the game it'll be more like we won 2-0 but George Sanders scored the goals while driving a riding lawnmower, with the match shortened to 63 minutes because one end of the pitch was opening up to a field of lava (either that or the old -stand-by where I'm unmarked in front of goal, no keeper, and I keep trying to tap it in but no matter wha tI do the ball doesn't move). But now we're so stir-crazy waiting for this match that we're sharing our dreams about it. Just hurry up and get here May 26.

So much so I've been searching the net for a screen pic of the final score from last seasons game as I seem to remember the players names being listed from bottom to top as they score which would mean Salah scored last rather than first and at the end of the day it's only a F***ing dream !

clint_call01
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,722 posts | 1887 
      Reply #198: May 20, 2018 07:59:59 am
      We need to play our game, that's pace and quick transition and with their attacking full-backs, we can cause lots of problems.
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,243 posts | 514 
      Reply #199: May 20, 2018 10:52:38 am
      Can anyone pass me a bit of Xanax please?

Quick Reply